As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Everything should be on the switch.

Half because i only own a switch. Other half is because console purists are the most tiresome people ever and i love watching them get mad.

I really want persona 5 on the switch entirely out of spite for these people specifically.

I want P5R on the Switch so damn bad. It's annoying that it's still PS4 only.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Everything should be on the switch.

Half because i only own a switch. Other half is because console purists are the most tiresome people ever and i love watching them get mad.

I really want persona 5 on the switch entirely out of spite for these people specifically.

I want P5R on the Switch so damn bad. It's annoying that it's still PS4 only.

Or at least P4G. It just came out on PC! Put it on fucking switch!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I mean it's already on the vita

and the switch is just vita 2 rite :P

But yeah make a "persona portable collection" and port all 6 games to switch.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Interesting. I didn't know that they were making a Cobra Kai game. Though who knows if it's actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6KJ3QXuks

yaumpchzieiz.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Interesting. I didn't know that they were making a Cobra Kai game. Though who knows if it's actually good.

yaumpchzieiz.jpg

It looks real bad. Like, I wouldn't have approved that trailer bad. Janky animation and poor frame rates when your game literally focuses on combat.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Best buy took a hold out for the money for 3D Allstars on the day i preordered and that hold just lifted so all that money fell back into my bank account so now i get to spend the next week scared to spend any money.

• Options
    Best buy took a hold out for the money for 3D Allstars on the day i preordered and that hold just lifted so all that money fell back into my bank account so now i get to spend the next week scared to spend any money.

It'll do the actual charge on like Wednesday, I think.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

yaumpchzieiz.jpg

It looks real bad. Like, I wouldn't have approved that trailer bad. Janky animation and poor frame rates when your game literally focuses on combat.

Hm, Game Mill. They're the ones putting out that new GI Joe game, and they did Nickelodeon Kart Racers, which was... competent, I suppose.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    GameMill is the name you would use for a satirical game company that churns out junk

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/A-Question-about-a-preorder-online-using-a-debit-card/td-p/1293401

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I mean it's already on the vita

and the switch is just vita 2 rite :P

But yeah make a "persona portable collection" and port all 6 games to switch.

Switch means switch
    Vita means life

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Super Mario 3D All-Stars is in the news for the wrong reasons again...

UK retailer cancels all Super Mario 3D All-Stars pre-orders, blames Nintendo's "woefully short" allocation
    A UK retailer has cancelled all Super Mario 3D All-Stars pre-orders, blaming Nintendo for a "woefully short" allocation.

Yesterday Base.com, which is popular among gamers for its cheap prices compared to the likes of Amazon and GAME, sent an email to customers who had pre-ordered the upcoming Nintendo Switch exclusive notifying them of the cancellation.

The email, initially reported by ResetEra user Geobros and verified by Eurogamer, has some choice words for Nintendo:

"We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short. This is very disappointing and it is with great regret that we have to inform you that we will be unable to fulfil you [sic] order on the day of release.

"Further, as Nintendo and their UK distributers [sic] are unable to give us any reassurance that more stock will become available after release, we have taken the regrettable decision to cancel all orders."

While Base.com has cancelled all pre-orders and seemingly pulled the game from its website a week before release, Super Mario 3D All-Stars is still available to pre-order on Amazon and GAME. It is, however, marked as sold out on ShopTo.

One affected customer who had secured a Super Mario 3D All-Stars pre-order at £44.85 from Base.com, told Eurogamer they were now forced to pre-order at Amazon at £49.99: "Base is my go-to for pre-ordering Nintendo games because they're usually a bit cheaper," they said, "but given how scarce the game seems to be, I figured paying the extra was better than not getting hold of a copy."

Nintendo was criticised for generating artificial scarcity after it announced Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be available both physically and digitally as a limited run until March 2021. The Switch exclusive contains Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy (sorry, no Mario Galaxy 2). The games haven't been fully remastered but simply optimised for the new console with higher resolutions, new screen ratios and added Joy-Con support.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I'd blame COVID but Nintendo not producing enough of a physical item, especially one that's marketed as a limited time thing, is practically a guarantee at the best of times.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I’m gonna unnecessarily weigh in on the Galaxy 2 debacle.

Honestly, this was a no-win situation for Nintendo. Galaxy 2 is largely held as the superior Galaxy game, but with a bundle, what do you do? 64, Sunshine, and...Galaxy 2?

Or do you leave out 64, which, I’m sure people would have problems with.

I know there’s a case to be made for just including all four games, but I can understand Nintendo being reticent to make a jumbo release like that, along with the weirdness of two standalone games and Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.

They’ve come a very long way by dictating the value of their releases. That’s something consumers can disagree with, but it’s been a core element of their identity for ages, and it’s worked out very for them.

Not that this really resolves how they SHOULD re-release Galaxy 2, but I’d be into some kind of incentivation where buying the 3D All-Stars Collection (or the inevitable standalone of Galaxy 1) grants a discount towards purchasing Galaxy 2 from e-shop.

And I get how even THAT isn’t a perfect solution, what with physical releases and gifting of games.

Just about all I can conjure up, best case, is some version of this where in March, Galaxy 2 becomes available as an inexpensive DLC for 3D All-Stars alongside a standalone physical release of Galaxy 1+2. However it’s sliced, Nintendo will get their cut, but I think the DLC option might be the most diplomatic route.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I think @Pailryder might've been onto something. It's been a long time since I played it but I do think Galaxy 2 used the motion controls a lot more, including for directing Yoshi's tongue. This could be a Skyward Sword situation where it would take significant reworking.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Here's a boss fight you need to use Yoshi on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRl9onw7KoM

Yeah, it depends on how the pointer controls work with a pro controller. But having to balance the controller and aim properly while doing heavy duty platforming? It's probably not impossible, but it's sure going to be a lot harder than normal.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Ah yeah that's why I never finished Galaxy 2. I couldn't remember why... I keep hearing about how it's way better than the first one.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I didn’t prefer Galaxy 2. It wasn’t bad but I don’t like how they streamlined a lot of things I enjoyed in Galaxy 1. They also injected a lot of side scrolling portions. I think they saw how well NSMB sold and wanted Galaxy to reach the same numbers. In my opinion it was a step back. It would have been nice to have it in the collection but I won’t miss it quite as much.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I got overcooked 2 on the switch to play with the family, after trying the first one on the PS4 with my kids when I was looking through my Gold games that I've never actually looked at before.

It is a complete mystery how someone managed to design a game that is simultaneously fun to play together and makes you furious at each other.

I'm not sure if this is going to help us work together better, or if it's going to cause a complete collapse of a group of people who has already had to spend way too much time together this past year. :lol:

So I am simultaneously recommending it and advising people stay the hell away from it!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    I got overcooked 2 on the switch to play with the family, after trying the first one on the PS4 with my kids when I was looking through my Gold games that I've never actually looked at before.

It is a complete mystery how someone managed to design a game that is simultaneously fun to play together and makes you furious at each other.

I'm not sure if this is going to help us work together better, or if it's going to cause a complete collapse of a group of people who has already had to spend way too much time together this past year. :lol:

So I am simultaneously recommending it and advising people stay the hell away from it!

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime might be better in this situation. It definitely gets hectic, but having the option to run away and regroup really helps.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options

Honestly, this was a no-win situation for Nintendo. Galaxy 2 is largely held as the superior Galaxy game, but with a bundle, what do you do? 64, Sunshine, and...Galaxy 2?

I know there’s a case to be made for just including all four games, but I can understand Nintendo being reticent to make a jumbo release like that, along with the weirdness of two standalone games and Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.

Leaving aside the motion control aspect and ignoring that Nintendo themselves set the 4-game standard themselves with the collection's namesake, I would remove Super Mario 64.

Why?

Because it deserves better. Far better. It should have its own release, with an Odyssey-style HD makeover of Super Mario 64 DS, but perhaps with even more stars to collect (DS added 30 for 150 total; 180 sounds pretty good to me). Maybe another playable character-- like Peach, once you rescue her (something Odyssey should have done, IMO).

And include an HD version of the original -- what's in 3D All-Stars, basically -- as a bonus.

And you don't release it for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. -- you wait until next year, when it's the 25th anniversary of Super Mario 64 itself.

Because dammit, that's what a game as revolutionary as that deserves. Not being shuffled out for another game's anniversary so scalpers can mess themselves over a handful of physical copies before being thrown back into darkness for however long they decide to let it languish.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You know, a parallel story after you beat a Mario game where Bowsel kidnaps Mario should have been a thing a long time ago.

He already has the groom outfit in Odyssey.

• Options
    I don't know if I would want a remake of Mario 64 at this point. I'd rather they spend more time on making a brand new 3D Mario game.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I don't know if I would want a remake of Mario 64 at this point. I'd rather they spend more time on making a brand new 3D Mario game.

Yep. I know a lot of people wanted a full blown 'crash style' remake of Mario 64 but I'm glad they didn't. Mario 64 was a game changer at the time, but it has long since been surpassed by better Mario games. I'd rather them use their resources on something else.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

yaumpchzieiz.jpg

Wow...that looks awful! So so bad.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    "Experience an Original Story"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The trailer's great. The game looks terrible. Whoever they got to do that trailer work should be commended for their impressive work polishing that turd.

Kinda sad, too, because the game looks like a lot of hard work went into a bunch of it, but it's being let down by a lack of understanding of what makes beat-em-ups really fun. Like, there's some really great art there, but then you see a character just kind of mildly extend their foot at someone and you know this is going to feel like garbage to play, and it doesn't matter how much you like a character portrait or model or whatever, it'll just be a game you don't finish and a purchase you regret.

Decent trailer, though.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Like, there's some really great art there, but then you see a character just kind of mildly extend their foot at someone and you know this is going to feel like garbage to play

Now I'm picturing an action game, or maybe just one character gimmick, where everyone fights in a completely bored and blasé way, just kind of mildly thwapping at each other while yawning.

I guess that's a little like One Punch Man's style in some ways, where his special move is called Consecutive Normal Punches.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yep. I know a lot of people wanted a full blown 'crash style' remake of Mario 64 but I'm glad they didn't. Mario 64 was a game changer at the time, but it has long since been surpassed by better Mario games. I'd rather them use their resources on something else.

True, but I also can’t help but imagine remaking older 3-D Mario games would prove to be great training grounds for Nintendo employees.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

Overcooked is banned from our house because Mrs Phane got sick of all the yelling.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Leaving aside the motion control aspect and ignoring that Nintendo themselves set the 4-game standard themselves with the collection's namesake, I would remove Super Mario 64.

Why?

Because it deserves better. Far better. It should have its own release, with an Odyssey-style HD makeover of Super Mario 64 DS, but perhaps with even more stars to collect (DS added 30 for 150 total; 180 sounds pretty good to me). Maybe another playable character-- like Peach, once you rescue her (something Odyssey should have done, IMO).

And include an HD version of the original -- what's in 3D All-Stars, basically -- as a bonus.

And you don't release it for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. -- you wait until next year, when it's the 25th anniversary of Super Mario 64 itself.

Because dammit, that's what a game as revolutionary as that deserves. Not being shuffled out for another game's anniversary so scalpers can mess themselves over a handful of physical copies before being thrown back into darkness for however long they decide to let it languish.

I mean, who’s to say they aren’t doing both? Cash in twice on Mario 64 nostalgia. That being said, I doubt they’d ever make a 64 remake. Better to just make new games.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    anyone have any recommendations on a REALLY good third party pro controller? i gots me that left stick drift

edit: I WILL TRY HORIPAD GOD SPEED ME

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Overcooked is banned from our house because Mrs Phane got sick of all the yelling.
    Must be annoying to have to step outside into the backyard every time you play it.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If anything, Sunshine is the one that needs a 64 DS-style rework.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    anyone have any recommendations on a REALLY good third party pro controller? i gots me that left stick drift

edit: I WILL TRY HORIPAD GOD SPEED ME

ever since I noticed input lag on my 8bitdo SN30pro (non-plus) I've been back to my trusty PowerA enhanced wireless. Sure the buttons are thin and can stick a little, the d-pad isn't super comfortable, and you need to change batteries, but it has the unique combo of a functional d-pad, can wake the system, isn't laggy, and is wireless. I can't say it isn't a bit overpriced but I feel like I'm lacking options here.

• Options

I doubt it would be EAD Tokyo (or whatever they're called now) handling it. They've already got like two or three teams handling Mario games as it is. It's not like everyone in the company makes just one Nintendo game at a time, after all.

Why?

I mean, who’s to say they aren’t doing both? Cash in twice on Mario 64 nostalgia. That being said, I doubt they’d ever make a 64 remake. Better to just make new games.

Why not? They've done it before, as well as some Zeldas.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Information on motion and touch controls in Super Mario Galaxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afLp-zlA__0

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Information on motion and touch controls in Super Mario Galaxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afLp-zlA__0

can't watch right now

are either mandatory?

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I agree with your Super Mario 64 thoughts LBD. Was on the same page regarding recent Nintendo anouncements as everyone on the last Bombcast in general. I might not have worded certain things as harshly (Jeff has some Super Mario Sunshine opinions that go pretty far), but listening to that helped me feel less crazy to be largely unethusiastic with the last direct.

Luckily I have so much to play as of now its not the sticking point that it could be.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options

I doubt it would be EAD Tokyo (or whatever they're called now) handling it. They've already got like two or three teams handling Mario games as it is. It's not like everyone in the company makes just one Nintendo game at a time, after all.

Why?

Why not? They've done it before, as well as some Zeldas.

I'm gonna guess that it's their ace in their sleeve if things start slipping. Switch 2: Electric Boogaloo sales not doing so hot? MARIO 64 REMAKE WITH 8K 60 FPS! INJECT IT INTO YOUR VEINS!

That's how I felt about Windwaker HD. Which I fucking ADORED. I want more of those... But for Zelda games. Make new 3D Mario games because you're getting better at those every release.