As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    To be fair to Nintendo their games still sell at those prices, so why cut them?

There are various games at work where the physical copy of the game. Like the #FE Smt one where it's 45 and Lady Layton being 30 {the Three houses FE copy is 45 as well
    But they relayed the whole display so I did not see #fe or lady Layton which I did want to get as my discount with that price makes it cheaper

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The best bet for discounted Nintendo games used to be Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free and similar deals. I haven't been watching that closely to see if other places like Wal Mart or Target do similar things from time to time.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Also: if you haven't yet gotten the Clubhouse Games free demo, get it!

My sister visited a few days ago and we played Connect Four a bunch and it was awesome. I love that game.

For 2 player same console, it's got Connect Four and Slot Cars, for local play with multiple Switches it's got those along with Dominoes and President (card game). You can also play them by yourself vs. AI and look at the rules for every game in the full package.

This could be you!

tEIFfV9.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Sees top and is about to comment on how nice they are playing.

Sees bottom then double takes on top.

Oh ok. You got me there.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    About 5 hours into Fell Seal and I'm absolutely enjoying it. The biggest change is the lack of corpses that disappear after 3 turns after dying and I think that's a good thing. That always stressed me out in FFT. Being able to keep two healer/mages in the group and not having to worry too much about MP is great.

My biggest gripe is the animation but honestly I'm willing to look over it because it doesn't take away from the game itself.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Crosscode on the 9th

Curse of the moon 2 on the 10th

Very good month for switch.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i wish there was a curse of the wolf videogame

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Oh fuck yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv67q5FO6BI

*starts furiously headbanging*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Oh fuck yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv67q5FO6BI

*starts furiously headbanging*

Len Kabasinski is a treasure.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    If you are in the US I'd be happy to send you my copy if you want to send it back when you are done.

I appreciate it, but it took me 3 years to give my friend his copy of Borderlands 2 back, so I don't really feel comfortable taking on a responsibility I will likely fail. (Also, I don't have a Switch anymore, it's an Animal Crossing machine now, lol)

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I can't believe I just bought something from GameStop in the modern era.

But they have cart Digimon cybersleuth for $20. The digital version kept getting $30 eShop sales and i kept not being able to commit to it. But now I'm in for what appears to be soul hackers swap demons for digimons. It's still mons mon

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I sort of did. I asked my mom to try to track down a copy of Ring Fit Adventure, but not to enable any scalpers. She ended up ordering a Canadian copy from GameStop. I think we're probably still ahead of the game morally?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    But now I'm in for what appears to be soul hackers swap demons for digimons. It's still mons mon

Funny thing about that comparison is that Cyber Sleuth somehow has a way more adult story than Soul Hackers, which is not something I expected going into it.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Crosscode on the 9th

And Paper Mariiioooo the 17th!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

I hope Paper Mario doesn't fuck the streak up.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Rehab wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »

I hope Paper Mario doesn't fuck the streak up.
    Its always a gamble with the new Paper Mario games.

Still doesn't look like the series has near enough depth to get back to where it was before but looks a lil better than SS and CS atleast.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Did Mario Maker 2 and New Super Mario U Deluxe get a price cut to $40? I’m seeing listings at more than one online retailer.

Still don’t think they’re worth it at that price, but FYI.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I sort of did. I asked my mom to try to track down a copy of Ring Fit Adventure, but not to enable any scalpers. She ended up ordering a Canadian copy from GameStop. I think we're probably still ahead of the game morally?

Ah yes, Ring Fit Ehdventure. Truly the superior version.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020

Alright, everyone, this is not a drill! We need to make this happen, on the double! Stat! All hands on deck, hoist the mainsail, weigh anchor, arm the torpedoes, raise the shields, and something about the port bow! Do or do not, there is no try! It's morphin' time, now roll out!

And if someone else said something really motivational to you at some point and that spurred you to action, try to remember what that was right now!

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I can't believe I just bought something from GameStop in the modern era.

But they have cart Digimon cybersleuth for $20. The digital version kept getting $30 eShop sales and i kept not being able to commit to it. But now I'm in for what appears to be soul hackers swap demons for digimons. It's still mons mon

It's a really good game.

It's actually really good games. The switch version is the 'complete' edition that contains both cyber sleuth and hacker's memory.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    WACriminal wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

Ah yes, Ring Fit Ehdventure. Truly the superior version.

When I first loaded it up, it asked me whether I was in Canada or another country to determine which units to use. I guess given the market there's only really one possible alternative, but it's still an odd way to set up that question.

edit: I guess the question was probably originally asking the much more sensical question of whether you're in the US to determine whether to use imperial or metric units, and whoever localized the Canadian version chose to take the laziest route in switching it over.

jothki on
  • Options
    @initiatefailure
    Oh, one other thing I wanted to mention. Cyber sleuth is the first game, and I'd recommend playing it first. It's a little confusing because you are given the choice of which game you want to start at the very beginning, and hacker's memory is to the left of cyber sleuth. This is because the game localization was pretty cursory, not because it is suggesting you play hacker's memory first.

• Options
    Oh. ok then. I would never have noticed that I'm sure. thanks

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, TWEWY is on sale right now. I never played that, always heard it was great. Any opinions up in here? Does single screen kill it?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I would argue it's fundamentally impossible to replicate the brain-breaking madness of the original control scheme on any other system (maybe the Wii U). Someone else would have to answer how the Switch version compares though.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I would argue it's fundamentally impossible to replicate the brain-breaking madness of the original control scheme on any other system (maybe the Wii U). Someone else would have to answer how the Switch version compares though.

It's a port of the ios version, is it not?

• Options
    i bought it but only played like 10 minutes because i'm not into using my switch as a touchscreen device.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    To enjoy the gameplay of TWEWY nothing will ever do it justice off the ds.

But the game has a great story too, which can be enjoyed on switch.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The Switch version not using the Joycons is a crime against humanity. It is a portal to the darkest of dark things where is waiting the all-punisher, the eternal anguish, there to remind you until and beyond heat death of the universe - the very definition of incinerated potential - what could have been but would never be. It is the worst thing humanity has ever wrought and shows a deep malevolence toward man kind.

But if it's on sale, you should totally pick it up. Great story.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I've played both the DS and Switch versions. The controls on the Switch version are good enough for the most part.

• Options
    Yeah they are fine honestly. I just really did hope it would have been joyconified.

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Crosscode on the 9th

Man I booked holidays next week, and then was sad Paper Mario will arrive on that Friday. I told myself I might finally tackle Switcher, but nope. Will be plenty busy with these.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    I kind of want to find a stylus that works with the switch for TWEWY. Has anyone done that and had a positive experience?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Yeah they are fine honestly. I just really did hope it would have been joyconified.

It is? You have to move the pointer and shit.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

It is? You have to move the pointer and shit.

That's the docked (or tabletop?) interface using gyro, not handheld.

I swear I might be the only person that uses this console as an actual hybrid constantly.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ys Origin has been announced for Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzhMqMb0zeA

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    TWEWY? In DOCKED mode?

I'm sorry, but that would be a violation of every philosophy that is central to my being: ethical, moral, political, sexual. Dear lord. TWEWY in DOCKED mode? Would you have me abandon the very me that makes me ME?

But anyway I was referring to inputting partner actions and whatnot.

Drez on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ys Origin has been announced for Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzhMqMb0zeA

I'm surprised, did they run out of Adol games to port? :rotate:

But, that aside, that's a good fun hack and slash game. And literally the only one where the main character isn't Adol I think? It's functionally a prequel to Ys I+II, though you don't need to know anything about those two for it. (The other Ys games aren't as directly connected story-wise iirc beyond recurring characters).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I liked playing the steam version of Ys Origin....8 years ago.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius