Penny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 5 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
TofystedethQuidZilla360Golden YakRingopainfulPleasanceSynthesisAndy JoecB557KoopahTroopahH3KnucklesBobble

Posts

  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    It looks like Noah needs to learn the fine art of putzing around in a game for hours. ;)

    QuidpainfulPleasanceSorceH3Knuckles
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    This stream was hilarious. Mike was precariously mining out around lava near bedrock, and his son was busy summoning a wither. Then they tried to fight it and got obliterated. :D

    mHn29NG.png
    RingoZilla360H3KnucklesBobble
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'm somewhat reminded of this scenario:
    i-8mTcxGh.jpg

    MercadeV1mGolden YakRingoZilla360painfulPleasanceMan in the MistsAndy JoecB557H3KnucklesVerminionBobble
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Is this Terraria or something else?

    steam_sig.png
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Is this Terraria or something else?

    Minecraft Dungeons

    Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Sounds like the game is some good stuff.

  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Is this Terraria or something else?

    Minecraft Dungeons

    I think it's just regular Minecraft in this comic.

    TamerBillSynthesisMan in the MistsZomrocB557H3Knuckles
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Is this Terraria or something else?

    Minecraft Dungeons

    I think it's just regular Minecraft in this comic.

    Probably. There's no survival mode in Minecraft Dungeons, and you don't mine for coal. Also, there's a mechanic that adjusts levels so people play together anyway.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Is there a skull monster in Minecraft?

  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Is there a skull monster in Minecraft?

    https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wither

    SynthesisH3Knuckles
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 6
    What is the best version of Minecraft to play? XBox or pc?

    Edit: It sounds like the PC version.

    Krathoon on
  • ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    Hahaha, seriously though, art critique: Gabe should consider occasionally just letting the panels bleed together. The split in this one is not just unnecessary, but maybe distracting. If word bubbles are gonna float between panels, why not just merge some?

    TamerBillH3KnucklesRingo
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Is this Terraria or something else?

    Minecraft Dungeons

    I think it's just regular Minecraft in this comic.

    Probably. There's no survival mode in Minecraft Dungeons, and you don't mine for coal. Also, there's a mechanic that adjusts levels so people play together anyway.

    Ah, thanks. Just figured it was the new one.

    Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.
  • Kwisatz Haderach Kwisatz Haderach The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it. Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »
    Hahaha, seriously though, art critique: Gabe should consider occasionally just letting the panels bleed together. The split in this one is not just unnecessary, but maybe distracting. If word bubbles are gonna float between panels, why not just merge some?

    It's a stylistic choice. There's no right or wrong. I for one really enjoy seeing all three comic panels even if a picture spans across several.

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Zomagic wrote: »
    Hahaha, seriously though, art critique: Gabe should consider occasionally just letting the panels bleed together. The split in this one is not just unnecessary, but maybe distracting. If word bubbles are gonna float between panels, why not just merge some?
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do wish Noah's wrist broke through the gutter to actually meet up with his hand in panel 3.
    EDIT: Nah, you're right. I think one long panel would've been more effective.

    Sneaks on
Sign In or Register to comment.