As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got some random rainbows, Regis #3, K. Ayaka #5, Morgana #1, Yuffie #2.

Is it worth getting PG Lasswell's STMR with a moogle? Otherwise, I'm not sure I'll be able to EX+1 him.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I haven't refined my strategy yet, but this let me two-turn the Brave farm:

WM Rosa with Clan Master's Headband accessory, this lets her equip katana's. Two katanas. Point her at the body to destroy the break gauge.
    2x Elena (or really any two units that have 3x AR chains) geared for Stone/Human killer. These should be geared enough to kill the weak arm and build chains on the body.
    NV Cloud does triple braver on the body on the AR chains to cap and kill it. Throw a big fire elemental greatsword on him.
    Vaan for his LB to 130% fire imperil.

After that the remaining arm AoE's a bunch but Cloud should stay alive because of his guts lets him hang on. Then a triple braver will finish off the 3rd arm.
    Need to refine it to either get the kill on the 3rd arm somehow or maybe bring a tank friend just once to eat the AoEs so everyone stays alive so I can get the no deaths mission.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I am mostly just taking the three turns. Double Rem can really kill this on their own, it's just a pest to have to do it bit by bit. And WoL can tank everything they dish out without taking more than like 10% HP damage. I can put him up on my Nemesis tab if you want, @Lorek, to simplify that for you.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Free daily 4 pull was ridiculous: Nagi#2, Regis#1, and another NV Cloud with the Scorpion Card.

I have a team of 7* units for the MK, and man it's so annoying that every wave has multiple enemies and none of the units I'm using have AoE attacks worth a damn. Blah.

• Options
    Yes, the combination of "every recent unit is strictly single target" and "let's make every farmable a multi-target environment" is also starting to annoy me too.

Anyway, I noticed I already had WoL in my nemesis anyway - not quite as well equipped as my usual, since it's been there for a bit, but should more than suffice.

Anyone give a shot to the daily challenge thing? If the unit selection is anything like the bonus unit selection this looks like a significant headache...

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yes, the combination of "every recent unit is strictly single target" and "let's make every farmable a multi-target environment" is also starting to annoy me too.

Anyway, I noticed I already had WoL in my nemesis anyway - not quite as well equipped as my usual, since it's been there for a bit, but should more than suffice.

Anyone give a shot to the daily challenge thing? If the unit selection is anything like the bonus unit selection this looks like a significant headache...

Yeah, the only units you can use are the bonus units. I haven't given it a go yet.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I saw this over on reddit for handling the MK farm.
    "I have a 7★ Lasswell and Kunshinra, also I am one of those that went for Dark Ragnrok.

Kunshira CD AoE Break, Lasswell use the AoE ability from Ragnarok with other hand using that ice katana.

One shot everything on LGD."

I will change my friend unit to use Dark Ragnarok.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ...welp. This game continues to make sure I get every single rare unit I don't give a shit about. I was just throwing ten tickets at the banner to see if I landed another Lasswell to get mine to +1. Hello Akstar.

Oh, Kunshira has an actual break? Alright then, fuck off from the team, Raegen, I need to level Kunshira up.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    "I have a 7★ Lasswell and Kunshinra, also I am one of those that went for Dark Ragnrok.

Kunshira CD AoE Break, Lasswell use the AoE ability from Ragnarok with other hand using that ice katana.

That's what I've been doing. Took me a minute since he can only dual wield GS and Katana's innately.

• Options
    Did two 11 pulls, got an extra Lasswell. Huzzah! Used the two Overdrive tickets to grab 20 of his shards, and with the 30 login shards I'll be able to get him to EX+1. Back to hoarding lapis.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I got lucky with the Akstar pull, as he has AoE attacks to help farm the MK event. I chain him with Physalis for an ice imperil and everything gets shredded.

• Options
    Man, half the Tifas on my friend list vanished or got unequipped. This is a bit of a pest, because my general plan for the golem, seeing how I haven't been able to understand how its mitigation works, is as follows:

- Grab Tifa friend.
    - Turn 1: Sylvie buffs, WoL covers, Rosa does break bar, Tifa charges, Rem+Rem kill exposed arm.
    - Turn 2: Since normally the mitigation hasn't gone down on either enemy, Rem+Rem chain main body, Tifa finishes to kill golem through mitigation.
    - Turn 3: Mitigation gone, Rem+Rem kill last arm.

But of course this doesn't work if everyone is replacing the Tifas in their friend lists with Clouds!

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »

That's what I've been doing. Took me a minute since he can only dual wield GS and Katana's innately.

Huh? Lasswell can use swords innately as well...

Anyway, got some tickets from the wheel spins and a 3* ticket went gold->rainbow->red so I guess I have an Akstar now. So in a few days, I'll have the coveted katana vision card, woot!
    Also lets me maintain a 100% obtained count of all Neovision units. I am very scared of what my Elena luck is going to look like.

• Options
    Lasswell can use swords, but his DW is for Katanas/Greatswords only.

• Options
    Ohh.. that is such a weird restriction; why, Gumi, why.

• Options
    Because he uses his katana and Rain's GS on his sprite! It makes sense, don't question it.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I am mostly just taking the three turns. Double Rem can really kill this on their own, it's just a pest to have to do it bit by bit. And WoL can tank everything they dish out without taking more than like 10% HP damage. I can put him up on my Nemesis tab if you want, @Lorek, to simplify that for you.

That’s a smart idea - I’ll do the same. Gear for evade or def? Any resists needed?

Cruor wrote: »

Yeah, the only units you can use are the bonus units. I haven't given it a go yet.

I did it with this team, but it sucked.
    NVA+1 Lasswell: AMoE chain with Physalis
    7* Raegan (lv 112): “breaks” and DR chain with Nagi mostly useless
    7* Nagi (lv 115): even more useless, DR chain with Raegan, if alive.
    7* Physalis (lv 119): AMoE chain with Lassie
    7* Ayaka: heals, omg this is an actual fight and I have no tank why didn’t I bother to check her gear?

Basically single target each thing down with a bunch of raises, reraise, and heals. Only Lasswell and Raegan were geared/killered properly. Physalis was wearing XP farm gear. The two tan dragons in the first wave have some weird hide mechanic or something? The second wave was simpler, and the third took two turns to chain down. I’m going to have to swap gear around, but hopefully I can build a team that handles both the daily and the farm...

So yeah, don’t be like me.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I did the daily fight. 7*Yego is actually pretty good for it with her earth imperil and decently strong earth chaining after you use her CD (if you enhance her, which I did, because why not). Took me longer than I would have liked to take the boss down but it was a learning experience, and I know what to do for the next bunch of clears. Next time is gonna be:
    T1: Power-up with all units
    T2: Use Kunshira's breaks and then just chain it down with Yego and NV Lasswell T-cast chaining.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    maraji wrote: »

That’s a smart idea - I’ll do the same. Gear for evade or def? Any resists needed?

They don't seem to do anything particularly interesting - just gear for defense and cover the rest of the party. The only nonphysical attack they have is the mega laser the center body does on the turn after the dispel.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I did it with this team, but it sucked.
    NVA+1 Lasswell: AMoE chain with Physalis
    7* Raegan (lv 112): “breaks” and DR chain with Nagi mostly useless
    7* Nagi (lv 115): even more useless, DR chain with Raegan, if alive.
    7* Physalis (lv 119): AMoE chain with Lassie
    7* Ayaka: heals, omg this is an actual fight and I have no tank why didn’t I bother to check her gear?

Basically single target each thing down with a bunch of raises, reraise, and heals. Only Lasswell and Raegan were geared/killered properly. Physalis was wearing XP farm gear. The two tan dragons in the first wave have some weird hide mechanic or something? The second wave was simpler, and the third took two turns to chain down. I’m going to have to swap gear around, but hopefully I can build a team that handles both the daily and the farm...

So yeah, don’t be like me.

Kunshira is almost a requirement for an easy run; his cooldown will refresh on each wave and it's an AoE 70% DEF/SPR break. If you have him at 7*, definitely swap out someone from that.
    Also, the last fight is just the single dragon; definitely make sure you're starting with NV Lasswell's AMoE 80% DEF break move (it's his magnus ability). Also, if you can clear the Brave Insignia stage once on INT and ADV, that should give you enough insignia's to upgrade his Blade Flash - Revelation to level 5. Triple casting Blade Flash+5 should be enough to solo the first two waves and then Magus+2x Blade Flash with a chaining partner should be enough to solo the boss on wave 3.

Edit: Also, and this is something I have to remind myself of as well... the Optimize button isn't actually shit now. It won't give you killers, but for units like Raegan/Nagi/Ayaka that you don't want to bother gearing, it's quick and easy to get at least get some helpful extra DPS if you need it.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Fun fact: it appears that the dragon in the daily challenge mostly does physical single target attacks. It also appears that Nagi starts at 40 Evasion if you enhance one of her passives. So I'm just bringing her tooled for full evasion plus Golem for provoke, while Lasswell and Physalis chain to kill the shit out of the dragon.

• Options
    Trying to equip my units for a OTKO of the insignia Golem (pretty much have it figured out) and I keep getting an Invalid Equipment error that crashes the game completely. Fuckin' fix your shit gumi, jeez.

• Options
    Did two 11 pulls, got an extra Lasswell. Huzzah! Used the two Overdrive tickets to grab 20 of his shards, and with the 30 login shards I'll be able to get him to EX+1. Back to hoarding lapis.

I almost wonder if it isn't worth using UoC on him? You wouldn't be able to use UoC's on straight NV units, and eventually we'll have support/tank/mage NV units that'll make most 7* units not really all that useful. I mean Pone was an amazing 7* unit and now she'll be NV.

I think we'll get 25 units for PG Lasswell by logging in right? So really I just need 1 more unit.

• Options

I almost wonder if it isn't worth using UoC on him? You wouldn't be able to use UoC's on straight NV units, and eventually we'll have support/tank/mage NV units that'll make most 7* units not really all that useful. I mean Pone was an amazing 7* unit and now she'll be NV.

I think we'll get 25 units for PG Lasswell by logging in right? So really I just need 1 more unit.

We get 30 shards through logins. And yeah, UoC is a viable route but I was also interested in the possibility of getting NV Akstar so I decided that 10k Lapis was an acceptable amount to spend for the chance.

• Options
    I'm just trying to keep as much lapis for NV Elena. Feels like you can get lucky, but you can also get really unlucky with these no safety net banners. I should be over 60K once she's out, but that doesn't mean anything really I guess.

• Options
    I'm just trying to keep as much lapis for NV Elena. Feels like you can get lucky, but you can also get really unlucky with these no safety net banners. I should be over 60K once she's out, but that doesn't mean anything really I guess.

Yeah I'm still over 60k so I feel decently comfortable. I'm hoping they introduce some sort of safety net with Elena/Yoshikiri. Like, why not put their best foot forward when introducing the first GLEX NVs?

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Out of Gil getting Lassworm awakened etc, still not enough to kill companion quest with trash other bonus units. Could totally awaken Physallis as a chaining partner... oh wait, no I can’t, I have no money. I have never been so salty about something as the Gil towers and getting nothing from it. This is the exact shit I was talking about with how quickly it fucks things over. About done because of this.

• Options
    Alright, my equipment cooperated, so I can OTKO the insignia Golem without a companion. Here's what I do:

WM Rosa - Breaks the gauge
    Lucas - Fire imbue to NV Cloud/NV Tifa
    Vaan - LB for break/fire imperil
    NV Cloud - Braveshift, chain 2xspinning slash 1xmagnus for the chaining and AoE hits
    NV Tifa - Braveshift, 3xMeteor crusher

Both Tifa and Cloud are geared for close to max human/stone killers. After breaking gauge,breaking, imbuing, I start the chain targeting the main body and then immediately switch targets to the "Left" arm (the one on the right side of the screen). Bim bam boom, everything dies. That arm is really bulky and needs two of the chains to hit on it for it to go down.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Wait... turtle towers are 500k each right?

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I'm about 98k Lapis right now. I can EX+1 Akstar by spending either 5k for the fragment bundle or 10k on summons and then using the tickets for fragments and then awaken him with the login fragments. If I get lucky at the the fragments from the panel bonus, I'd only need 5k to do it, but I'd need to be prepared to spend the 10k.

I don't need to EX+1 Akstar, but he gives me an option to chain with PG Lasswell friends. Having an NV AMoE chainer seems like a good idea.

Zomro on
  • Options
    I withdraw my previous complaint. I’m good now lol. Now if I could just get an Akstar so my NV streak remains intact.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I'm so glad the Soon coin quests are over. I can go back to Edward suiciding at everyone in the arena.

• Options
    I did throw one summon on the banner hoping to see if I could get another Lasswell. Was excited when I saw three rainbows. Instead I got Ardyn, Shinju, and Morgana number, like, 6.

I'm kind of hoping that the Elena banner has Morgana as the NVA, at this point.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I did throw one summon on the banner hoping to see if I could get another Lasswell. Was excited when I saw three rainbows. Instead I got Ardyn, Shinju, and Morgana number, like, 6.

I'm kind of hoping that the Elena banner has Morgana as the NVA, at this point.

Morgana would be a logical choice, yeah. Although I'm kinda hoping it's Fryevia, since there's a story connection there (Elena is likely Fryevia's master) and Fryevia is an older unit who could use a boost.

Edit: Also, the trailer for Elena/Yoshikiri gives me the impression that Yoshikiri is a student of Elena, so it would make sense to feature her other student as well.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Isn't the Elena we have, like, fictional? She's an actual comic book character, while I was under the impression Fryevia actually existed in the forld of Lapis.

Also, I'd prefer Morgana because I have Morganas, while I still don't even have Fryevia's STMR, much less extras! :P

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I have a feeling we won't see more than 1 NV Awakening with NV Elena/Yoshi. That would make the brave insignia farm even longer than it already is. It looks like the trend has been to limit it to NV ability upgrades for 2-3 units at a time. We might see something like (ideally) NV Elena with a NVA GLEX one week. The next week would be NV Yoshi with a NVA GLEX. I think I would prefer that. Do we even know if the "featured" NV unit has a rate up compared to the others in the NV pool?

Tiphares on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

They don't seem to do anything particularly interesting - just gear for defense and cover the rest of the party. The only nonphysical attack they have is the mega laser the center body does on the turn after the dispel.

Tifa with stone killers in nemesis 1, AWoL in nemesis 2

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I have zero idea of how to do the higher level Brave Insignia stages; the damage is just too much for me to stand, and I can't withstand barely a single turn if they aren't broken. I can do the lower one reliable with just my own characters, so that's what I'm doing but man is it a slog and I'm eating through my NRG restoring items like mad. I mean, I still have over 1000 of them, but still.

As far as units, I have Tifa, Neo-Cloud, Neo-Rain, Neo-Aerith, Red XIII, as well as Pyro-Glace Laswell and Cloud to awaken to their neo-stages once I have them leveled up and such. I'd already had a Tifa and a Red XIII at 7* max level, so that wasn't the difficulty. Pryo-Glace Laswell is 7* but not max level so that's what I'm plugging away at when I have the cactuars. It's those Transcension Pearls and Character Shards that are killing me right now. I already have 10 Ascension Pearls.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I have zero idea of how to do the higher level Brave Insignia stages; the damage is just too much for me to stand, and I can't withstand barely a single turn if they aren't broken. I can do the lower one reliable with just my own characters, so that's what I'm doing but man is it a slog and I'm eating through my NRG restoring items like mad. I mean, I still have over 1000 of them, but still.

As far as units, I have Tifa, Neo-Cloud, Neo-Rain, Neo-Aerith, Red XIII, as well as Pyro-Glace Laswell and Cloud to awaken to their neo-stages once I have them leveled up and such. I'd already had a Tifa and a Red XIII at 7* max level, so that wasn't the difficulty. Pryo-Glace Laswell is 7* but not max level so that's what I'm plugging away at when I have the cactuars. It's those Transcension Pearls and Character Shards that are killing me right now. I already have 10 Ascension Pearls.

If you have friends with decently strong Tifas you can probably implement my strategy for the golem. Quoting myself from earlier:
    Team: Benevolent Beauty Rem x2, White Mage Rosa with two katanas, Sylvie, Awakened Warrior of Light.
    - Grab Tifa friend.
    - Turn 1: Sylvie buffs, WoL covers, Rosa does break bar, Tifa brave shifts and charges her laser, Rem+Rem kill the exposed arm.
    - Turn 2: Since normally the mitigation hasn't gone down on either enemy, Rem+Rem chain main body, Tifa finishes to kill golem through mitigation. WoL guards because his cover is still up and the remaining arm is about to go nuts.
    - Turn 3: Mitigation gone, Rem+Rem kill last arm.

- You can replace WoL with any good physical cover tank, but you absolutely DO need a physical cover tank. Do not try to do this thing without a tank unless you have a seriously beefy team, which you appear to not have.
    - All Sylvie does here is put up some buffs and mitigations and sometimes imbue Tifa with lightning so she'll be on the same element as the Rems so any good buffer will let you replace her - what do you have on that end?
    - The Rems can probably be the hardest part - you need two chainers you can reliably chain together, preferably with elemental chain if possible.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Isn't the Elena we have, like, fictional? She's an actual comic book character, while I was under the impression Fryevia actually existed in the forld of Lapis.

Also, I'd prefer Morgana because I have Morganas, while I still don't even have Fryevia's STMR, much less extras! :P

Elena we have is a comic book character based on a real character that existed in Lapis of old like Fryevia. It's (gil) turtles all the way down.

Lorek on