As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    My NV Cloud is still set up for Behemoth as well with a fire weapon, but can switch it to whatever element.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Zomro wrote: »
    My Cloud is still set up for the Behemoth trial. He's got 100% evade on his brave shift form for chaining. He currently has a fire weapon, but I can swap it for whatever element you'd like.
    Thanks! Fire should be fine.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I only have one PG Lasswell, so NVAing him is out of the question. I'll make do with Tifa, Cloud and Rain. I do have VoD NV'd, but I don't care enough to farm the emblems for his abilities, and I can't EX+1 him anyway.

At this point, I'm just waiting / hoping for NVAs on units that I have a ton of dupes of. I'm, like, 8 or 9 copies deep on Myra, Beryl and Circe each.

Good chance we'll get those, but you'll have to wait awhile. I can't imagine Gumi not giving them NVA's when we get the new unit design units. The unit design ones have got to be near the top of the most popular GL units in the game, not giving them NVA's would be a crime.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I only have one PG Lasswell, so NVAing him is out of the question. I'll make do with Tifa, Cloud and Rain. I do have VoD NV'd, but I don't care enough to farm the emblems for his abilities, and I can't EX+1 him anyway.

At this point, I'm just waiting / hoping for NVAs on units that I have a ton of dupes of. I'm, like, 8 or 9 copies deep on Myra, Beryl and Circe each.

Good chance we'll get those, but you'll have to wait awhile. I can't imagine Gumi not giving them NVA's when we get the new unit design units. The unit design ones have got to be near the top of the most popular GL units in the game, not giving them NVA's would be a crime.

Yeah, I don't doubt that they'll have NVAs at some point. It's just funny that most of the NVAs we're getting are units I don't have enough of. The only one I know I'll be able to do is Loren, which I am looking forward to.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Got Freedom Seeker Vaan from the 5* ticket. I'm currently on attempt 5 through the Item World with his STMR. Two runs didn't have any +ATK bonuses at all, so that's encouraging.

• Options
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Got Freedom Seeker Vaan from the 5* ticket. I'm currently on attempt 5 through the Item World with his STMR. Two runs didn't have any +ATK bonuses at all, so that's encouraging.

Run a rod or staff through, you'll get plenty of ATK then.

• Options
    I finally got the rare on PGLasswell's STMR, after running it for most of the event. I just got Folka's STMR, so running that seems like a good idea. I also got Kimona Fina#4 today from one of the free pulls. A nice robe, will be useful for bumping ice/light resist in DV.

• Options
    I recently got Paine's STMR (high ATK GS with 30% fire/ice/lightning resist), which will be really nice for DV.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Yego #4. I guess that's an STMR. Does anyone actually use attack whips though?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Oh hey, Yego #4. I guess that's an STMR. Does anyone actually use attack whips though?

We get a 7* Shinju soon but...yeah, 7*. Unless Yego gets an NVA worth using, it'll probably just collect dust. I also got Yego's STMR recently and didn't find it worth mentioning here. Maybe they're surprise us with a GLEX NV that wants to use whips, but I doubt it.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    PSA today is last day for SOON coin quests if I remember correctly so if you haven’t gotten them knocked out yet you may want to do so.

• Options
    I wonder if we'll get a final surprise update to the SOON shop with something to spend leftover coins on. I have bought out the whole store and still have coins left over.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I might be close to done with the game. I'm just not digging the new stuff. The break bar seems annoying, possibly putting an end to 1 turn KO's. The NV system is overly complicated, and the idea that we can pull an older NV unit from the pool but we don't have any ability to get Insignia's once the event is over (other than spend real money for VIP points) is insulting. Not to say anything about the rates. I just can't muster up the energy to study for these new trials and DV while fun, for someone with limited time, I seem to have to rush the last level or 2.

Even before NV, I wasn't a fan of how fast they pushed the meta. Getting new units like CG Ace or BB Rem I was super pumped, then next week, we get a new unit that blows them out of the water. I get that there isn't content where that's needed, but it also kills that "new" feeling. DV also brought out the worst in the chaining mechanic. GUMI saying they'll fix it is such a cop out, they design the chains themselves. Here's an idea, how about making chains so that you don't need an emulator or 3rd party trick to use? Combined with a story I'm not into, there's just not much here anymore.

I think the overall reality is that with work from home and stay at home with the pandemic, I'm traveling a lot less and thus I have better alternatives to play if I want some entertainment. The last week I've been thinking about why I even log in. Part of it is habit, but there's another part of me that really looks forward to Tuesday's. There just isn't much to look forward too entertainment wise these days, and see what might be next is fun.

I think I'll probably just force myself to log in and do what I can till NV Elena comes out, then drop all my lapis on her banner and set her up as a friend unit.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    PSA if you're awakened a Lasswell tomorrow; remember he has ability awakenings and latent abilities. I'm pretty sure when both these hit, he was still a pretty "meh" unit, so if you're like me and never upgraded them... do it before you put him up as a friend unit and bum everyone out.

At least the passive upgrades anyway; I'm not sure if all the upgrades to his chaining abilities matter anymore. But his x6 chain cap does come from one his passive ability awakenings; that one is important.

• Options
    PSA today is last day for SOON coin quests if I remember correctly so if you haven’t gotten them knocked out yet you may want to do so.

Personally, I'm missing some missions because there are no words for how much I can't be arsed to do the likes of Behemoth or the Chocobo right now

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

Personally, I'm missing some missions because there are no words for how much I can't be arsed to do the likes of Behemoth or the Chocobo right now

I feel ya, getting behemoth done was a whole project for a weekend and took some coordination with @cruor and @Zomro to get it done. It’s a pain.

In other news Cruor I just finished all the brave enhancements for VotD so looking on track to have em set up for Coeurl tomorrow.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think I might be close to done with the game. I'm just not digging the new stuff. The break bar seems annoying, possibly putting an end to 1 turn KO's. The NV system is overly complicated, and the idea that we can pull an older NV unit from the pool but we don't have any ability to get Insignia's once the event is over (other than spend real money for VIP points) is insulting. Not to say anything about the rates. I just can't muster up the energy to study for these new trials and DV while fun, for someone with limited time, I seem to have to rush the last level or 2.

Even before NV, I wasn't a fan of how fast they pushed the meta. Getting new units like CG Ace or BB Rem I was super pumped, then next week, we get a new unit that blows them out of the water. I get that there isn't content where that's needed, but it also kills that "new" feeling. DV also brought out the worst in the chaining mechanic. GUMI saying they'll fix it is such a cop out, they design the chains themselves. Here's an idea, how about making chains so that you don't need an emulator or 3rd party trick to use? Combined with a story I'm not into, there's just not much here anymore.

I think the overall reality is that with work from home and stay at home with the pandemic, I'm traveling a lot less and thus I have better alternatives to play if I want some entertainment. The last week I've been thinking about why I even log in. Part of it is habit, but there's another part of me that really looks forward to Tuesday's. There just isn't much to look forward too entertainment wise these days, and see what might be next is fun.

I think I'll probably just force myself to log in and do what I can till NV Elena comes out, then drop all my lapis on her banner and set her up as a friend unit.
    I know the feeling. I suspect that I will blow my stash and not get NV Elena, but I'll keep logging in and doing the daily quests. I am still enjoying the story line (as bad as it is) and I like being able to complete trials. I just don't like the time investment needed to study the fights and gear up units.

• Options

Reminder: FF VII Remake MK shop is closing!
    Make sure to spend your Medicine Vouchers currency!!!

• Options
    Feeding thingsfor VotD through Equip algorithm to maximize damage with at least 600 DEF SPR, should be done eventually lol.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

We get a 7* Shinju soon but...yeah, 7*. Unless Yego gets an NVA worth using, it'll probably just collect dust. I also got Yego's STMR recently and didn't find it worth mentioning here. Maybe they're surprise us with a GLEX NV that wants to use whips, but I doubt it.

Katanas, great swords, swords and fists are the kings, but at least daggers, guns and spears have some decent weapons and units to use them. But maces, axes and whips are lacking. Bows are weird because there are some good bows but not really any good units, barring some odd cases (using a bow on A.Fryevia or something).

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Units who want odd weapons also seem to have those weapons as their TMR/STMR anyway. This is why I'm like 90% sure Yoshikiri's gonna have his big old throwing star as his STMR.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Units who want odd weapons also seem to have those weapons as their TMR/STMR anyway. This is why I'm like 90% sure Yoshikiri's gonna have his big old throwing star as his STMR.

See this makes me want him too. I can’t have that all my luck/wand needs to be reserved for Elena.

Also best result so far is 3599 ATK 622 DEF 588 SPR with 250% Beast Killer. Haven’t worked out the BS LB side yet.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options

See this makes me want him too. I can’t have that all my luck/wand needs to be reserved for Elena.

Also best result so far is 3599 ATK 622 DEF 588 SPR with 250% Beast Killer. Haven’t worked out the BS LB side yet.

My VoTD is up in my favorites slot now. I'm looking forward to getting to use him in earnest for the first time since his release.

• Options

My VoTD is up in my favorites slot now. I'm looking forward to getting to use him in earnest for the first time since his release.

I have him in favorite slot:
    Normal Form
    3571 ATK 622 DEF 622 SPR 300% Beast Killer

I’m working out a max LB damage setup for him on his BS as I type this. His LB is maxed as well as all skills and brave abilities.

• Options

Normal Form

I’m working out a max LB damage setup for him on his BS as I type this. His LB is maxed as well as all skills and brave abilities.

Thanks again for getting him set up for me. Farming insignias and such can be a pain but I really appreciate it.

• Options

Normal Form

Thanks again for getting him set up for me. Farming insignias and such can be a pain but I really appreciate it.

And done, BS set:
    3695 ATK 255% Beast Killer 300% LB Damage. he’s all set in favorite slot.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Game is up. I set my NVA Lasswell on Event 2, for Mog King shenanigans. No Brave Shift for now, I need some of the login stuff for that.

Now to see how much bonus I can manage for my own farming party...

Drascin on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    7star Raegan, Ayaka, and a 5Star Yego farm team goooo…..

BahamutFina #2, PhoenixJake, Red #3 and NV Rain #2 from my weekly freebie. Nutso summon, and I do not like that dupe NV units also trigger the "new unit" splash screen.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Okay, I can scrounge up Lass, Phyalis, and Nagi, and I guess this is as good an excuse as any to 7* Raegen and Yego and get Yego's STMR. 540% bonus should be enough if bonus units are not dicks.

...also, I can't help but notice half of Lasswell's attacks reduce ice resistance but he seems to have no actual way to imbue ice on himself?

EDIT: Free summon was Locke #4, which, honestly, nice, that's a very good STMR.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Ok. NVA Lasswell is up on tab 2. I thought I had enough to +1 him, oh well.

Free summons today: 4 Summon - first crystal dropped as blue and upgraded all the way to NV Rain! The rest were actual blues. Free 10+1 summon had 3 rainbows in it - Paine #5, Sol #2, and AK Rain #4. Too bad IW is over now.

Good luck to everyone else on your free summons today!

• Options
    Connections errors abound, woo!
    Also, I can't believe the 6k lapis won. Absolutely hilarious. I can only assume people were too split between STMR moogle and UoC tickets and we once again proved why first past the post doesn't work with 3 or more options.

Got STMRs for Chair Rain and HA Charlotte out of the free pulls. Along with another NV Cloud! Woo! If I had enough pearls, I could EX+3 him now.
    I don't care for Akstar but I do care for his vision card, so I budgeted two 5k pulls just to get his 50 shards for a future off-banner pull. Managed to get another NV pull in that though; but it was another Cloud. We officially have enough NV units now to screw me on offbanners.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

I have 7 Yegos just sitting there in my
    p8l5lwlrjtqf.jpeg
    list, I really hope Gumi does an NVA that redeems
    p8l5lwlrjtqf.jpeg
    her. Delita too... Anyone else having connection
    p8l5lwlrjtqf.jpeg
    Issues?

• Options
    Yep, connection issues are making it impossible to do anything. I think I'll leave the game for a bit and go do other stuff in the meantime.

• Options
    Oh, I did get the 100% STMR moogle out of the first panel from my two pulls, so that was something. Basically made it worth it right there.

• Options
    My weekly 10+1 was very good. Another NV Rain (one more for EX +2), NV Akstar and CG Firion #4 (that's a good STMR).

• Options
    I got the Scorpion NV card. It looks like a defensive one? I was trying to find a NV card listing/ranking on reddit, but I'm not having any luck. I have the Airship, Mad Dash, and Scorpion cards now. I will be able to +1 NV Rain to get his card after doing some pulls on the NV Elena banner in a week or two.

• Options
    My pulls have been horrendous, a lively Shinju is straight up all I got of worth and even then, only as a bonus unit. So I ate a stmr moogle so I could get Lassworm to NVA. He’s up in Event 1 if needed.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    ...how is it that Gumi keeps making the insignia farms MORE annoying? If you're going to make every unit require redoing the same goddamn stage twenty times, could you at least not make it a slog to do so?

So. Enemy is a golem, but it has three parts, to make sure you can't use random barrage units easily to break its gauge. Break gauge requires swords or Katanas, neither of which Rosa, the primary targeted barrage unit we have, can use. Each turn, all but one of its parts get a huge damage reduction, so you have to kill things one by one - first one arm, then the other, then the center. It seems to have some dispels to boot so you have to check if your imbues are still there.

At least alll it really does is AoE physical attacks, so I can just bring WoL and havee him eat the whole thing while I slowly kill it piecemeal. But still.

Drascin on
  • Options
    ...how is it that Gumi keeps making the insignia farms MORE annoying? If you're going to make every unit require redoing the same goddamn stage twenty times, could you at least not make it a slog to do so?
    After people are done with Tifa for the new trial, I will gear her for stone killer to help with that farm. I'll setup NV Cloud for it as well.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    After people are done with Tifa for the new trial, I will gear her for stone killer to help with that farm. I'll setup NV Cloud for it as well.

Given it's both stone and human, this might be a good idea, since they both have big human killers innately. I just don't think I have fuck all for stone killers.