As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I have zero idea of how to do the higher level Brave Insignia stages; the damage is just too much for me to stand, and I can't withstand barely a single turn if they aren't broken. I can do the lower one reliable with just my own characters, so that's what I'm doing but man is it a slog and I'm eating through my NRG restoring items like mad. I mean, I still have over 1000 of them, but still.

As far as units, I have Tifa, Neo-Cloud, Neo-Rain, Neo-Aerith, Red XIII, as well as Pyro-Glace Laswell and Cloud to awaken to their neo-stages once I have them leveled up and such. I'd already had a Tifa and a Red XIII at 7* max level, so that wasn't the difficulty. Pryo-Glace Laswell is 7* but not max level so that's what I'm plugging away at when I have the cactuars. It's those Transcension Pearls and Character Shards that are killing me right now. I already have 10 Ascension Pearls.

If you have friends with decently strong Tifas you can probably implement my strategy for the golem. Quoting myself from earlier:
    Team: Benevolent Beauty Rem x2, White Mage Rosa with two katanas, Sylvie, Awakened Warrior of Light.
    - Grab Tifa friend.
    - Turn 1: Sylvie buffs, WoL covers, Rosa does break bar, Tifa brave shifts and charges her laser, Rem+Rem kill the exposed arm.
    - Turn 2: Since normally the mitigation hasn't gone down on either enemy, Rem+Rem chain main body, Tifa finishes to kill golem through mitigation. WoL guards because his cover is still up and the remaining arm is about to go nuts.
    - Turn 3: Mitigation gone, Rem+Rem kill last arm.

- You can replace WoL with any good physical cover tank, but you absolutely DO need a physical cover tank. Do not try to do this thing without a tank unless you have a seriously beefy team, which you appear to not have.
    - All Sylvie does here is put up some buffs and mitigations and sometimes imbue Tifa with lightning so she'll be on the same element as the Rems so any good buffer will let you replace her - what do you have on that end?
    - The Rems can probably be the hardest part - you need two chainers you can reliably chain together, preferably with elemental chain if possible.

I have no idea what a tank would even be. My general strategy for basically anything is "burn it down with the most damage I can output before it kills me". I have zero understanding of any actual tactical usage of any abilities beyond that point and "auto-battle usually wins things for me".

Now, what I do not have: Any of those units listed (excluding a base level Sylvie with no prism nor way to get her to 7*), not sure what to do there. Up to this point I'd been able to mostly reliably kill things with a duo of maxed (like, limit broken through pots, max level, Tust Master, Super Trust Master) out Elena and Esther, so it's not like I've been trying to diversify that group. I do have a Tifa that, as previously mentioned, has all the same kitted out, and is EX Level 2 with all her abilities awakened for the Brave Shift. Not sure if that helps.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Welp, decided to do a summon to try and get fragments for Akstar. I like pulling versus buying a bundle. Got super lucky and just pulled another Akstar so mine is EX+1. This luck can't last, of course, so I'm prepared for heart ache when they finally release a banner that I'm interested in.

My Akstar is up in Event 1 with stone and human killer for the insignia boss if anyone needs it. And he should be able to carry the MK event with his built in dragon killers.

I need to finish leveling Cloud's vision card and then get started on Akstar's. I also have Rain's card to level, too.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My Insignia strat is a stonekiller NVA Lassworm and chaining the boss in to oblivion with my war hero raegan and basically any other AMoE that uses katanas. Melts it really fast, it’s turn 2/3 because I’m not really bothering to optimize it but gets the jobs done. Hell Provoke evade vaan and evade magic cover P Cecil are thrown in just for safekeeping and undoubtedly overdoing the protection but makes it safe and effective.

Thank you for the Phyallis suggestion by the for companion fight, once I solved my gil problem and awakened her, it’s been lolchain to victory.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I have no idea what a tank would even be. My general strategy for basically anything is "burn it down with the most damage I can output before it kills me". I have zero understanding of any actual tactical usage of any abilities beyond that point and "auto-battle usually wins things for me".

Now, what I do not have: Any of those units listed (excluding a base level Sylvie with no prism nor way to get her to 7*), not sure what to do there. Up to this point I'd been able to mostly reliably kill things with a duo of maxed (like, limit broken through pots, max level, Tust Master, Super Trust Master) out Elena and Esther, so it's not like I've been trying to diversify that group. I do have a Tifa that, as previously mentioned, has all the same kitted out, and is EX Level 2 with all her abilities awakened for the Brave Shift. Not sure if that helps.

Well, Esther and Elena can probably fit the role of chainers here? They're a bit outdated, but they could serve. You do need to find a tank, though. Or you could use your own Tifa and instead get someone else's tanks - maraji has his own WoL up, and I have my own as well.

Let's see... there's Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Hallowed Aegis Charlotte, Sieghard... any of those ring a bell? If nothing else, if you farmed the recent events you should have Tyro who I think is not, like, spectacular as a tank, but could probably manage this?

As for the support - honestly, if you have spare UoC tickets I would legitimately suggest spending 8 to buy Sylvie's prism, and enhancing her abilities. She's immensely handy.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

Well, Esther and Elena can probably fit the role of chainers here? They're a bit outdated, but they could serve. You do need to find a tank, though. Or you could use your own Tifa and instead get someone else's tanks - maraji has his own WoL up, and I have my own as well.

Let's see... there's Warrior of Dawn Galuf, Hallowed Aegis Charlotte, Sieghard... any of those ring a bell? If nothing else, if you farmed the recent events you should have Tyro who I think is not, like, spectacular as a tank, but could probably manage this?

As for the support - honestly, if you have spare UoC tickets I would legitimately suggest spending 8 to buy Sylvie's prism, and enhancing her abilities. She's immensely handy.

Let's see, if you mean the 5* select tickets, I have . . . 45, which I'll need some of if I want NV Cloud (the olde one).

As far as "tanks", the game allows me to filter by Tank and Magic Tank, so here's that llist: Wilhelm, Mercenary Ramza, Gladiolus, Bash, Awakened Rain, Sieghard, Sacred Shield Charlotte (limit broken stats, max level, no Super Trust Master, no awakened skills), Paladin Cecil, Aloha Laswell, Beryl, Esther. Those are all my 7* "Tanks", though not all are level 120 (Merc Ramza, Seighard, Sacred Shield Charlotte, and Esther are all 120, Cecil is 119, Aloha Laswell is 118, all others are 101). My other Tanks that are 6* or 5* but able to reach 7* are Elfreeda, Vossler, and Hallowed Aegis Charlotte.

And the "Versatile" 7* units I have are Noctis, Immortal Flame Katy, and Tyro (first two at 120, Tyro at 101).

I'm not seeing a way to sort by "chainer", so I have zero clue what I have there. Are we talking about the ability to have certain abilities create that high chain number? I can get something like a 148 chain on that FFVII raid boss with my team of Neo-Rain, Neo-Cloud, Tifa, and Red, which is why I ask.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Tried Coeurl and VoTD was ripping him up! But Lucas is super showing his age and just couldn't keep up with tanking. Looks like another lol Cecil trial, especially since the boss starts AoE dispelling your party later on and you kinda need to be able to refresh general mitigation on demand. Now I wait the 6 or so hours until the friendlist refreshes.

Edit: I did pull a second HA Charlotte this morning, so I awaken her to 7* to use. I think I'll slot her in over AWoL since she has on demand magic mitigation that I'll lose of I swap Lucas for PCecil, and her LB is general mitigation + physical cover, which will be useful.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Let's see, if you mean the 5* select tickets, I have . . . 45, which I'll need some of if I want NV Cloud (the olde one).

As far as "tanks", the game allows me to filter by Tank and Magic Tank, so here's that llist: Wilhelm, Mercenary Ramza, Gladiolus, Bash, Awakened Rain, Sieghard, Sacred Shield Charlotte (limit broken stats, max level, no Super Trust Master, no awakened skills), Paladin Cecil, Aloha Laswell, Beryl, Esther. Those are all my 7* "Tanks", though not all are level 120 (Merc Ramza, Seighard, Sacred Shield Charlotte, and Esther are all 120, Cecil is 119, Aloha Laswell is 118, all others are 101). My other Tanks that are 6* or 5* but able to reach 7* are Elfreeda, Vossler, and Hallowed Aegis Charlotte.

And the "Versatile" 7* units I have are Noctis, Immortal Flame Katy, and Tyro (first two at 120, Tyro at 101).

I'm not seeing a way to sort by "chainer", so I have zero clue what I have there. Are we talking about the ability to have certain abilities create that high chain number? I can get something like a 148 chain on that FFVII raid boss with my team of Neo-Rain, Neo-Cloud, Tifa, and Red, which is why I ask.

Hallowed Aegis Charlotte is super good, so keep her in mind for future leveling, but I think Sieghard should more than suffice for our purposes here. Basically you want someone who can get his def and HP as swole as humanly possible and then cast a Cover skill - in Sieghard's case, Stylish Form. This will allow him to eat every physical attack, which will hurt him a lot less than it would hurt everyone else. With Sieg around, the only attack that will be able to get to the rest of your party will be the laser the golem core does (because that one's a magic attack) - and with luck, we'll manage to kill the core before it does that. That's what a tank does.

"Chainer" is a kind of damage dealer. I imagine you're aware that if you can get many hit chains, you do better damage. Chainers are characters with multi-hit skills that let them rack up chains for more damage. Esther is a chainer. Thing is, for chaining well, you need characters with moves that have the same timing on their hits - these are called "chaining families". You might notice that Bolting Strike on Esther has a little red thing that says "BS" - that's the chaining family indicator. The chaining family is, appropriately enough, Bolting strike family, because Esther kind of pioneered this one. But if you check Lasswell, you'll notice his moves say "AMoE" - that's a different chaining family, Absolute Mirror of Equity. Chaining moves from different families tend to result in failure and annoyance. If a move mentions no family, it is probably a single hit move.

Basically filter for physical damage dealers, and check their chaining moves. You will want to get that Lasswell up ASAP, though, and find him a chaining partner because NV Lasswell does stupid damage.

For a quick comparison: let's take a Lasswell and an Esther with equal attack scores, and use their usual damage moves, both of which, simplifying things, have the same feature of having half their damage ignore defense, so they're easier to compare. Maxed Bolting Strike on Esther has a 6.5x modifier. Lasswell's Blade Revelation starts at 23x (more than triple Bolting Strike) at level 1, and goes all the way to 49x at level 5, damn near eight times as strong! And due to the way the defense formula works, an attack with eight times as much attack modifier tends to do more than eight times more damage.

• Options

Hallowed Aegis Charlotte is super good, so keep her in mind for future leveling, but I think Sieghard should more than suffice for our purposes here. Basically you want someone who can get his def and HP as swole as humanly possible and then cast a Cover skill - in Sieghard's case, Stylish Form. This will allow him to eat every physical attack, which will hurt him a lot less than it would hurt everyone else. With Sieg around, the only attack that will be able to get to the rest of your party will be the laser the golem core does (because that one's a magic attack) - and with luck, we'll manage to kill the core before it does that. That's what a tank does.

"Chainer" is a kind of damage dealer. I imagine you're aware that if you can get many hit chains, you do better damage. Chainers are characters with multi-hit skills that let them rack up chains for more damage. Esther is a chainer. Thing is, for chaining well, you need characters with moves that have the same timing on their hits - these are called "chaining families". You might notice that Bolting Strike on Esther has a little red thing that says "BS" - that's the chaining family indicator. The chaining family is, appropriately enough, Bolting strike family, because Esther kind of pioneered this one. But if you check Lasswell, you'll notice his moves say "AMoE" - that's a different chaining family, Absolute Mirror of Equity. Chaining moves from different families tend to result in failure and annoyance. If a move mentions no family, it is probably a single hit move.

Basically filter for physical damage dealers, and check their chaining moves. You will want to get that Lasswell up ASAP, though, and find him a chaining partner because NV Lasswell does stupid damage.

For a quick comparison: let's take a Lasswell and an Esther with equal attack scores, and use their usual damage moves, both of which, simplifying things, have the same feature of having half their damage ignore defense, so they're easier to compare. Maxed Bolting Strike on Esther has a 6.5x modifier. Lasswell's Blade Revelation starts at 23x (more than triple Bolting Strike) at level 1, and goes all the way to 49x at level 5, damn near eight times as strong! And due to the way the defense formula works, an attack with eight times as much attack modifier tends to do more than eight times more damage.

To be fair right now I also only have 646,747 gil, so I'm a bit strapped in the enhancement factor. I can hit the gil farm stage, I opened it earlier today, though I wish the gil farming skills stacked.

Is there a good suggestion for the Guardians of the Planet II 30 NRG stage? Like, specific tanks or units that are super useful? On the 10 NRG level I'm just using my NV-Remake Cloud, Elena, Nv Remake Aerith, WoL Bartz, and NV-Rain to just burn down the barrier on the first turn, and then utterly destroy her next turn.

And yeah, I've noticed that Triple Limit Focused Thrust, Triple Saber Rising Saber, Triple Limit Meteor Crusher, and Triple Limit Killer Rave/High Speed Fang are all in that "SR" group, I figured that was how I was doing 2 billion+ damage to the Valkyrie boss. I mean, that, and they're all level 5 abilities, I assume that's got something to do with it, I think it's been raising the damage? Honestly, I just like to see the numbers go up.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    If you have NV chainers, generally you'll want to use those. Generally two is a good number - you have Cloud and Rain, and you say you've leveled their abilities, so we can work with those.

As for Tifa, okay, let me explain something important. Basically, chaining acts as a multiplier - each hit in a chain gets their normal damage multiplied by a number based on how many hits you've chained before in this chain. So the first hit you do at 1x power, the next at 1.1, and so on. Keeping the chain going ends up in big multipliers. with me so far? Now, some attacks don't have multiple hits. They're single strikes, and thus can't benefit from chaining. To make up for this, they generally hit harder baseline than chaining skills - but usually they're still not worth it on their own, because the chaining bonuses stack up so fast.

But what if we took one of these big single hits and we cast it in the middle of a giant fifty hit chain so it piggybacked off the chain multiplier? THAT is called a "finisher", and it's typically what Tifa does best. Sure, Meteor Crusher is a decent chaining move, but if you spend the LB pots to max her limit break, when she goes into Brave Shift form her Limit transforms into an absolutely monstrous single hit, and her enhanced passives let her take advantage of big chaining multipliers. End result - I regularly get Tifas with no particularly applicable killers to hit center golem for 200 million damage. Through the white aura thing that does big damage mitigation.

As for the blue barrier... okay, let me explain how BREAK barriers work, because they're very dumb. Basically BREAK gauges do not care about how hard you're hitting them, or how many hits your attack has. Only how many times you're attacking them with the specific weapons they're weak to. So what you need is a unit that can do a lot of basic weapon attacks. White Mage Rosa is the current favorite, because she has a dual-castable attack that hits 6-8 times, but there's other options. Some guy in reddit made a compilation of the options.

Drascin on
  • Options
    If you have NV chainers, generally you'll want to use those. Generally two is a good number - you have Cloud and Rain, and you say you've leveled their abilities, so we can work with those.

As for Tifa, okay, let me explain something important. Basically, chaining acts as a multiplier - each hit in a chain gets their normal damage multiplied by a number based on how many hits you've chained before in this chain. So the first hit you do at 1x power, the next at 1.1, and so on. Keeping the chain going ends up in big multipliers. with me so far? Now, some attacks don't have multiple hits. They're single strikes, and thus can't benefit from chaining. To make up for this, they generally hit harder baseline than chaining skills - but usually they're still not worth it on their own, because the chaining bonuses stack up so fast.

But what if we took one of these big single hits and we cast it in the middle of a giant fifty hit chain so it piggybacked off the chain multiplier? THAT is called a "finisher", and it's typically what Tifa does best. Sure, Meteor Crusher is a decent chaining move, but if you spend the LB pots to max her limit break, when she goes into Brave Shift form her Limit transforms into an absolutely monstrous single hit, and her enhanced passives let her take advantage of big chaining multipliers. End result - I regularly get Tifas with no particularly applicable killers to hit center golem for 200 million damage. Through the white aura thing that does big damage mitigation.

As for the blue barrier... okay, let me explain how BREAK barriers work, because they're very dumb. Basically BREAK gauges do not care about how hard you're hitting them, or how many hits your attack has. Only how many times you're attacking them with the specific weapons they're weak to. So what you need is a unit that can do a lot of basic weapon attacks. White Mage Rosa is the current favorite, because she has a dual-castable attack that hits 6-8 times, but there's other options. Some guy in reddit made a compilation of the options.

Now, my base understanding was the blue bar took more damage from some weapons than others, so I've been focusing on only having those types of weapons (because all I've focused on is damage and not tactics because I haven't had to for anything I wanted to do, really). My other understanding was that attacks that had multiple hits (like Remake Cloud's Focused Thrust with 10 hits) was what I was looking for to take down the break barrier. Tell me how awful my assumptions are?

I have some of those Units on that person's list, though not White Mage Rosa. In fact, 2B and Noctis are the only 7*s I have on hand that are on that list (and I assume that using any unit that's not 7* is pointless since they'll die the moment they get hit). I have Mastermind Xon, but only at 5* (I have his prism but again not an over abundance of XP to feed him or any other unit).

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Now, my base understanding was the blue bar took more damage from some weapons than others, so I've been focusing on only having those types of weapons (because all I've focused on is damage and not tactics because I haven't had to for anything I wanted to do, really). My other understanding was that attacks that had multiple hits (like Remake Cloud's Focused Thrust with 10 hits) was what I was looking for to take down the break barrier. Tell me how awful my assumptions are?

I have some of those Units on that person's list, though not White Mage Rosa. In fact, 2B and Noctis are the only 7*s I have on hand that are on that list (and I assume that using any unit that's not 7* is pointless since they'll die the moment they get hit). I have Mastermind Xon, but only at 5* (I have his prism but again not an over abundance of XP to feed him or any other unit).

The BREAK bar cares about number of attacks, rather than number of hits. You would think that was the same thing, but it’s not. Some attacks have their damage called out multiple times, like Cloud’s Spinning Slash has a part that hits one target, then part that hits all targets, which counts as two attacks, even though the first part is multiple hits. Focused Thrust has ten hits, but is only one attack.

The units listed as good for this job have abilities with a bunch of attacks in them. They don’t need to hit hard to remove the break bar, so weak units are okay to bring along and die after they do their job, as long as you kill the boss before the break bar comes back.

maraji on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Haha I found a use for my Kitone, katana breaking, AMoE chaining action with the rest. Cuts another turn off the fight.

• Options
    Coeurl down, OBAMA in 8 turns. Thanks @Blackhawk1313 for the VoTD. Everything went super smoothly with PCecil and HA Charlotte doing the tanking. I'm so happy that VoTD is a viable damage dealer now, I've always wanted him to be good.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I have also crushed the Coeurl; but I am a filthy Tifa user so I did it in two rounds. TIFA PUNCH to the face.

• Options
    I didn't want to use NV Tifa as I don't like just OTKOing a trial the first time through. If I feel the need to do it again I'll try out the Tifa route.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I didn't want to use NV Tifa as I don't like just OTKOing a trial the first time through. If I feel the need to do it again I'll try out the Tifa route.

You mind keeping your VotD up? Want to see if I can replicate.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

The BREAK bar cares about number of attacks, rather than number of hits. You would think that was the same thing, but it’s not. Some attacks have their damage called out multiple times, like Cloud’s Spinning Slash has a part that hits one target, then part that hits all targets, which counts as two attacks, even though the first part is multiple hits. Focused Thrust has ten hits, but is only one attack.

The units listed as good for this job have abilities with a bunch of attacks in them. They don’t need to hit hard to remove the break bar, so weak units are okay to bring along and die after they do their job, as long as you kill the boss before the break bar comes back.

I mean, I don't even have those weak units leveled up to have those attacks, every unit on their list I've never even bothered with other than 2B for the Supreme Support Weapon and I 7*'d her, and Noctis because . . . he looked cool.

I've been playing the game for a while, I just never needed to know anything beyond "lots of hits and most things die", so a lot of this is new to me even though I started playing back around the time it came out 4 years ago. I've just been less than ritual about playing it all the time or investing much of any energy into it. Which is why, for example, I don't quite understand still what the difference between attacks and hits are, though I'm starting to puzzle it out on the wiki.

One issue I'm curious about: doesn't it also matter what weapon you use? Some of those units are fairly limited in their weapon types. Is it just assumed you'll level enough units to deal with any weapon need for the break bars?

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

You mind keeping your VotD up? Want to see if I can replicate.

Oh yeah I'll keep him up in my favorites for the time being.

• Options

I mean, I don't even have those weak units leveled up to have those attacks, every unit on their list I've never even bothered with other than 2B for the Supreme Support Weapon and I 7*'d her, and Noctis because . . . he looked cool.

I've been playing the game for a while, I just never needed to know anything beyond "lots of hits and most things die", so a lot of this is new to me even though I started playing back around the time it came out 4 years ago. I've just been less than ritual about playing it all the time or investing much of any energy into it. Which is why, for example, I don't quite understand still what the difference between attacks and hits are, though I'm starting to puzzle it out on the wiki.

One issue I'm curious about: doesn't it also matter what weapon you use? Some of those units are fairly limited in their weapon types. Is it just assumed you'll level enough units to deal with any weapon need for the break bars?

The break bar is still a really new global mechanic but the basic idea is it’s entirely hit based rather than damage numbers, the more hits in an attack, the more damage done to the bar, hence why skills like Barrage are so effective. The wrinkle in that of course is basically to think of it like this:
    Attack from weapon not of the break bar weakness = 1 point of break damage
    Attack from weapon that is a break bar weakness is = something greater than 1, I really don’t have an exact number but it’s signicantly more sufficient.

So, unless you have a unit with an ability for dealing with break bar (something we will start to see on NV units) it’s all based on clearing that bar out. The simplest way of course is all your good damage dealers using weapons that also break the bar better. But you are right, it’s not always feasible to have both a specialized weapon and good damage. So the answer to that is to gear a unit specifically to deal with the break bar. Absent a unit like Rosa etc the best way is to have them use dual wield materia and a barrage materia, and equip two of the weakness weapons, and then have them go ham on the break bar so your actual dps can kill.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Coeurl down. Having Vaan as a breaker when your DPS is NV Rain is unfair, his imperils are so good. I completely forgot about the esper kill, so I'll need to redo it. To be fair, I may not have charged my esper since I killed him on turn 4. May need to get some auto esper fill stuff and then do ot again.

• Options
    So, uh. Is it normal that I can use the same equipment between normal and brave shifted forms, but the materias equipped in the normal form don't appear for the brave form and vice versa? Because this is making equipping peeps significantly annoying.

• Options
    So, uh. Is it normal that I can use the same equipment between normal and brave shifted forms, but the materias equipped in the normal form don't appear for the brave form and vice versa? Because this is making equipping peeps significantly annoying.

I ran into this issue and discovered that you have to equip the materia in the same slot on both forms if you want them both to use it. Like, if normal form has Buster Style in the top left materia slot, then that Buster Style materia will only be available to equip in the top left slot for the Braveshift form.

• Options
    That didn't work, but, interestingly, doing a fulll unit unequip and then equipping seems to work? Mostly?

Anyway, Lasswell braveshifted (I landed a copy off a 5* ex ticket today!), and I set Akstar up as my other Event unit. I think Akstar can solo LGD, since he has actual AoE attacks.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Man I cant clear LGD without a Lasswell or Akstar friend. That bloooows

So I tried a summon just in case. 5rainbows 6 4stars. Never seen a summon like that before

DevaAkstar 3, Morgana 3, Whip Girl, AC Tifa 1, Agent Zyrus 1

At least I can 4Turn the Golem without much effort? 3 turn if I plan it better

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I did the Chocobo slots and got a bunch of tickets so I threw about 10 at the Akstar banner and got Cid #4 and Lively Shinju. So, at least I have more MK bonus. I was kind of hoping to snag another PG Lasswell to get him +1. I also got CG Bartz #2 (useful for DV) from one of the 5+1 tickets I got from the slots. I haven't quite got the Golem down to 1 turn yet. I need to time my chaining a little better.

There was an error in the pricing on one of the white NV ability awakening materials. Half price!

edit: I'm trying to decide if any of the new NV unit STMRs are worth getting right away or if I should wait until I get dupes and get it for free. I'm not seeing a lot of builds where people are using them. It seems like the passives for equipping them are not that great either.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Anyone else having connection issues this morning? It takes like a full minute for the 'Connecting...' to go away when doing anything.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Anyone else having connection issues this morning? It takes like a full minute for the 'Connecting...' to go away when doing anything.
    I just checked. No connection issues for me.

• Options
    Seems to be intermittent according to reddit.

• Options
    How do you get more Cactuar Vision Cards? I see them in the VIP shop for 700 (which seems really high). Are there any other ways to get them?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    How do you get more Cactuar Vision Cards? I see them in the VIP shop for 700 (which seems really high). Are there any other ways to get them?

You get some for EX awakening your NV and NVA units, and you can get some from the weekly arena ranking rewards. Also, you can get them from the new Expert Quests by obtaining NV/NVA units.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Coeurl down! Went first time with mine and @Cruor VotD and was going great until I forgot what a turn was for mit and did it wrong so went boom. So went back in again with my personal favorite NV Rain with another NV Rain friend and proceeded to clear it smooth as butter in 6 turns. Then waited and went back again later to do with VotD again just because and wrecked it too. So thanks @Cruor!

EDIT: Should have been 4 turns but I’m terrible at manual chaining, my old ass fingers just don’t move quick enough -_-

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Arena, ugh lol. I wish they'd just remove the restrictions. Last week was so painful.

I'm 1 unit away from making a 1 turn Golem KO team. Tifa sadly isn't AoE and so 1 arm usually hang's around. I tried Ed, but he seems too weak form the get to without T-Cast. Best route is with Friend NV Cloud but weirdly his Spinning Slash doesn't do much damage to the arm? It's always left with 60% HP. But when I target the arm itself, the ST damage from Spinning Slash doesn't do hardly any damage and it's the AoE ending that kills it with just 1 hit.

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug where NV Cloud's AoE isn't fully hitting the Arm and Body?

EDIT: it's not the end of the world, DW Galuf allows for a 2nd turn to finish it off. Just seems odd, unless the chain capping part of the AoE is just that much stronger I guess.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Spinning slash(lvl5):
    Physical damage (0.5x) to one enemy
    Physical damage (74x) to all enemies
    Decrease lightning resistance (120%) for 5 turns to all enemies

Triple slash:
    Physical damage (0.5x) to one enemy
    Physical damage (86x) to all enemies
    Increase LB damage (100%) for 2 turns to caster (can't be dispelled)

Almost all of the damage comes from the final AoE hit for both of his big chaining moves in Braveshift.

Cruor on
  • Options
    But does the damage on that last hit end up being way higher because it's capping a chain on the main part vs not on the arm? I'm just struggling to understand how I can KO the body with it and only hit the arm for 40% damage.

• Options
    But does the damage on that last hit end up being way higher because it's capping a chain on the main part vs not on the arm? I'm just struggling to understand how I can KO the body with it and only hit the arm for 40% damage.

Yeah, it should be. I've found that starting the chain on the body and then immediately switching to the stronger arm nets me the OTKO. I'm pretty sure the stronger arm has more bulk than the body does.

If you just chain on the stronger arm, the AoE hits should kill the other arm as well (but not the body) and then the golem will just skip a turn doing nothing and you can mop him up turn 2.

• Options
    I'll give it a shot. Not really a big deal since DW Galuf just eats the AoE and then NV Lass can kill the arm.

• Options
    I got NV trolled on banner. Thought for sure it would be Akstar. Nope, another Cloud. Guess he’s +2 now, got his STMR now so could be worse.

• Options

The break bar is still a really new global mechanic but the basic idea is it’s entirely hit based rather than damage numbers, the more hits in an attack, the more damage done to the bar, hence why skills like Barrage are so effective. The wrinkle in that of course is basically to think of it like this:
    Attack from weapon that is a break bar weakness is = something greater than 1, I really don’t have an exact number but it’s signicantly more sufficient.

So, unless you have a unit with an ability for dealing with break bar (something we will start to see on NV units) it’s all based on clearing that bar out. The simplest way of course is all your good damage dealers using weapons that also break the bar better. But you are right, it’s not always feasible to have both a specialized weapon and good damage. So the answer to that is to gear a unit specifically to deal with the break bar. Absent a unit like Rosa etc the best way is to have them use dual wield materia and a barrage materia, and equip two of the weakness weapons, and then have them go ham on the break bar so your actual dps can kill.

There's materia in this game? Am I missing something? I mean, besides every granular, important mechanical function in this game, apparently. :lol:

• Options
    I got NV trolled on banner. Thought for sure it would be Akstar. Nope, another Cloud. Guess he’s +2 now, got his STMR now so could be worse.

The only NV unit I've pulled has been Cloud, and I've pulled him 4 times. I'm kinda ok with it as his STMR is pretty great and I wouldn't say no to another one of his Vision Cards down the line. I just hope he stops stalking me when I'm actively pulling for Yoshikiri/Elena.

• Options

There's materia in this game? Am I missing something? I mean, besides every granular, important mechanical function in this game, apparently. :lol:

We often use Materia interchangeably with equippable Abilities. Like, in game it's Abilities but Materia is just more thematic with Final Fantasy, ya know?