As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Yoshikiri looks ... not that exciting? Let’s see what happens when it goes live but I think I’m waiting for the Elena banner next week before doing anything drastic with my hoard.

Yeah his damage is less than Xuan's magus burst, which has already 20th in burst for just 7* units. He's got some interesting support options but not sure it's any better than what Sylvie brings to the table now.

Given that Shaly mentioned Elena will have "meta defining" damage, it's probably best to wait.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The Itachi fight, Um.. yeah..seems like you better be able to single turn her, because her AOE....ouch. Also 100% evade provoke seems handy

Edit: Shuriken storm just wrecks. it really really flippin sucks that these challenge missions are mini-trials, and it REALLY sucks that it seems like WM Rosa is the key to all of it and is long long gone.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Free 10+1 weekly got me P. Cecil #6. Nothing else of note. I used 3 tickets on the banner and got 3 golds. After seeing Yoshi's kit, I'm not that spending anything else.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    The Itachi fight, Um.. yeah..seems like you better be able to single turn her, because her AOE....ouch. Also 100% evade provoke seems handy

Edit: Shuriken storm just wrecks. it really really flippin sucks that these challenge missions are mini-trials, and it REALLY sucks that it seems like WM Rosa is the key to all of it and is long long gone.

Ardyn has a similar move. It's only 3-6 vs 6-8 though. But you can use it as a 6*.

• Options
    Ive been using the cooldown on OG Noctis, but it doest break the barrier fast enough on ELT and come turn 5 she Shurikens the hell out of me

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yoshi seems like he's a great offensive support for fights where you want either water or ice damage and/or are fighting humans/machina. Other than that...eh. He's got a niche that he fills (and pretty well!) but he's not a great general support unit. Ah well, guess I save my lapis. I really wanted to want to pull for him but meh.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Well I wasn’t set on him but my free weekly sad I wasn’t allowed to miss a NV. So now I have two Yoshikiri’s... yay?

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    The weekly summon got me Myra #4, Sol #5 and Machina #3. Not terrible.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    It looks like they went ahead and added the BREAK gauge barrage skill nerf, as even on the easier difficulty of the Itachi fight Rosa takes two turns to break the gauge. If you have NV Akstar her gauge is weak the katanas, so you'll have it a little easier I think.

The free weekly got me Barrett#1, DKLuneth#3(or 4? Forgot to look), and Itachi#1. Itachi looks neat, has a perfect dispel+85% full break magnus that looks like it could do wonders in DV. Her STMR is also amazing so I wouldn't mind pulling more of her.

Cruor on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Cruor wrote: »
    It looks like they went ahead and added the BREAK gauge barrage skill nerf, as even on the easier difficulty of the Itachi fight Rosa takes two turns to break the gauge. If you have NV Akstar her gauge is weak the katanas, so you'll have it a little easier I think.

The free weekly got me Barrett#1, DKLuneth#3(or 4? Forgot to look), and Itachi#1. Itachi looks neat, has a perfect dispel+85% full break magnus that looks like it could do wonders in DV. Her STMR is also amazing so I wouldn't mind pulling more of her.

I got a NV Akstar late last week, and his break gauge skill is underwhelming.

I can’t get through Itachi’s gauge in one turn even with both WM Rosa and MM Xon going, so yeah they nerfed barrages. Or lied about the right weapons to use.

Good news is she is weak after you break her, so I’m going with:

WM Rosa (fire weapon, radiant arrows x2)
    MM Xon (fire weapon, vicious strike x3)
    SF Vaan (fire weapon, breaks, imperils, mirage)
    6* CG Ignacio (imbues NV Akstar and friend)
    NV Akstar (chain with friend)
    Friend: NVA Lasswell or NV Akstar

Takes into the second turn to get through the BREAK, with or without NV Akstar(s) using lethal mind, so I just wait until it goes down and launch Vaan/Akstar/Lasswell after.

If she uses her mirage, I have Ignacio on Ramuh for dispel.

Rosa is using clan master’s headband and katanas, Xon is using daggers.

maraji on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Huh. Well, since I was at 62K lapis I figured I could afford one roll. Didn't get much of anything - one Itachi and Firion, like, 6.

...then the free summon was three rainbows and an NV. Sieghardt 5, Fryevia 4, Waste of Space 2, Akstar 2. Btw, how do STMRs work for NV units?

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Huh. Well, since I was at 62K lapis I figured I could afford one roll. Didn't get much of anything - one Itachi and Firion, like, 6.

...then the free summon was three rainbows and an NV. Sieghardt 5, Fryevia 4, Waste of Space 2, Akstar 2. Btw, how do STMRs work for NV units?

The STMR comes from getting EX+2.
    This still works out to needing 4 units for the STMR, but you can count 50 shards as one copy if you have shards from somewhere else.
    Once you EX+2 them, you will get a 100% STMR moogle for the unit (the NV specifically, not a general STMR moogle) in your inbox. Merge that and away you go.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

Which one is that?

I got original Squall #irrelevant and DK Freya #3 from the weekly. woo.

maraji on
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »

The STMR comes from getting EX+2.
    This still works out to needing 4 units for the STMR, but you can count 50 shards as one copy if you have shards from somewhere else.
    Once you EX+2 them, you will get a 100% STMR moogle for the unit (the NV specifically, not a general STMR moogle) in your inbox. Merge that and away you go.

Ah, I see. Well, no hurries, then. I'll be able to get it if I ever get one more Akstar then, with the free shards and such.

(Also Waste of Space is Jake).

• Options
    Tetra Physalis #5 and Beowulf #3 from my weekly.

On the plus side, Tifa and NV Cloud's insigna's are back. I'm glad they're going to be rotating these pretty quickly. Though I wonder when we are up to 20 or 30 NV units how often they'll circle back around.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

On the plus side, Tifa and NV Cloud's insigna's are back. I'm glad they're going to be rotating these pretty quickly. Though I wonder when we are up to 20 or 30 NV units how often they'll circle back around.

On JP they are currently rerunning four different insignia farming stages, so it seems they'll rerun multiples at a time as we get more and more NVs.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I pulled. Didn't get any NV units but I did get some useful rainbows, including 3 STMRs and my first Doc Aiden. I'll probably UoC his prism for shenanigans. The only real bummer was only getting a single banner rainbow. I may end up getting her prism and an STMR as well.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I have a conundrum. I want to snag some STMRS. I have 4 50% moogles and 3 100%. I have 16 UoC tickets. So basically I’m trying to figure out the best permutation while also having some NVAs ready. Case in point, I have 4 Sols. Any advice?

• Options
    I have a conundrum. I want to snag some STMRS. I have 4 50% moogles and 3 100%. I have 16 UoC tickets. So basically I’m trying to figure out the best permutation while also having some NVAs ready. Case in point, I have 4 Sols. Any advice?

You have 4 50% STMR moogles? Didn't realize those were available outside of bundles. Where are you weak gear wise? Usually I use my STMR moogles on items that are good in multiple roles. Summer Citra/Folka and Summer FID are good examples as they not only provide meta stat boosts but amazing elemental support. I've used them on CG Vaan since his weapon is useful on all sorts of units or AC Cloud's since it's LB damage buff is useful other than it's stats.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

On JP they are currently rerunning four different insignia farming stages, so it seems they'll rerun multiples at a time as we get more and more NVs.

Yeah, this is making more confident that I can spend time now to get some units up to scratch to maybe face off on these insignia things and then come back to them instead of needing to grind all the insigs I need for Lasswell before the 23rd. Maybe even play more of the base game's actual story. It'd be nice to eventually finish the original storyline. I'm sure some of the more out there units like that King Rain one will make more sense once I've done more of the story.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options

You have 4 50% STMR moogles? Didn't realize those were available outside of bundles. Where are you weak gear wise? Usually I use my STMR moogles on items that are good in multiple roles. Summer Citra/Folka and Summer FID are good examples as they not only provide meta stat boosts but amazing elemental support. I've used them on CG Vaan since his weapon is useful on all sorts of units or AC Cloud's since it's LB damage buff is useful other than it's stats.

Overdrive tickets. I already have Vaan’s and AC Cloud. Not sure I even have a Summer Citra or Folka or FID unfortunately. With the UoCs one thought I had was to use for Regina prism and get the battle intelligence stmr but again I’m just paralyzed by choice at the moment I think.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Yeah, this is making more confident that I can spend time now to get some units up to scratch to maybe face off on these insignia things and then come back to them instead of needing to grind all the insigs I need for Lasswell before the 23rd. Maybe even play more of the base game's actual story. It'd be nice to eventually finish the original storyline. I'm sure some of the more out there units like that King Rain one will make more sense once I've done more of the story.

Yeah, I feel better about not having to grind all of the insignias I might need and will likely, from now on, just grind the insignias for units I actually have.

So I saw a OTKO strategy for Itachi. It used four units dedicated to breaking the BREAK gauge (Marquis Leon, Ardyn, MMXon, WMRosa) and two NV Rains. I assume any NV damage dealing pair can OTKO after the gauge is broken, it's just getting to that point that's ridiculous. Good thing is Ardyn only needs to be 6* for his barrage ability.

• Options

Overdrive tickets. I already have Vaan’s and AC Cloud. Not sure I even have a Summer Citra or Folka or FID unfortunately. With the UoCs one thought I had was to use for Regina prism and get the battle intelligence stmr but again I’m just paralyzed by choice at the moment I think.

Regina's would be nice, but with the increased rainbow rate, I'm not sure I'd use UoC's on STMR's when you only have 16. It seems current 5* units are getting added both as units and prisms, which may end up being way more valuable.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Pulled some on the banner. No Yoshikiri or extra Itachis but I did end up with Ignacio and Yunalesca's STMRs and the STMR Moogle from the panel summon. So, not too bad. Saving the rest of my lapis for potentially Elena, and if not her then saving for whatever happens for Halloween. I'm hoping that there's some sort of safety net for Elena's banner. If there isn't I almost certainly won't pull for her.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The break gauge is such a dumb mechanic to begin with, and they made it worse? If they don't want OTKOs, just give the boss high DR that can't be dispelled for X turns" where X = whatever arbitrary amount of turns they want us to waste on a stage. It's just silly.

Already have to do these insignia stages so much because it takes so many to awaken a units skills. Why make the stages so infuriating and time consuming?

Zomro on
  • Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    The break gauge is such a dumb mechanic to begin with, and they made it worse? If they don't want OTKOs, just give the boss high DR that can't be dispelled for X turns" where X = whatever arbitrary amount of turns they want us to waste on a stage. It's just silly.

Already have to do these insignia stages so much because it takes so many to awaken a units skills. Why make the stages so infuriating and time consuming?

I'm assuming it's to encourage more purchasing of Lapis to get the new hotness that will essentially trivialize the new mechanic to the point where they'll have to add a new mechanic that justifies more money spent on the mechanic in the first few months it exists before also becoming more or less trivialized by power creep in turn.

Why yes, I am jaded. Why do you ask?

• Options

I'm assuming it's to encourage more purchasing of Lapis to get the new hotness that will essentially trivialize the new mechanic to the point where they'll have to add a new mechanic that justifies more money spent on the mechanic in the first few months it exists before also becoming more or less trivialized by power creep in turn.

You're not jaded! That's exactly the model. Hell, I just wrote a post a page or so back about the Demon Chimera trial in JP that necessitates having NV Terra and a weapon imperil (only two units have these) or else you basically can't do the trial.

• Options

You're not jaded! That's exactly the model. Hell, I just wrote a post a page or so back about the Demon Chimera trial in JP that necessitates having NV Terra and a weapon imperil (only two units have these) or else you basically can't do the trial.

Alternately, I am jaded and the model is the reason. :wink:

I mean, I get it, which is why i only get super into the summons when it's something I want, like the FFVII Remake folks, of which I think I got all of them. I feel less inclined to "keep up" otherwise, and as far as I can tell there's this wave of slightly older units that are still good for, like, 90% of content I actually want to do unless/until I randomly draw someone better with the free Lapis I eventually accumulate.

But, like, every new mechanic is of course meant to make other units obsolete, and sometimes I wish I had a better measure than the unit rankings to find what's objectively useless anymore to use.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yoshi seems like he's a great offensive support for fights where you want either water or ice damage and/or are fighting humans/machina. Other than that...eh. He's got a niche that he fills (and pretty well!) but he's not a great general support unit. Ah well, guess I save my lapis. I really wanted to want to pull for him but meh.

I actually lucked out and got him with a ticket but man am I super disappointed in his kit. From a purely aesthetic perspective there's nothing about him whatsoever that screams 'support' and yet that's the toolkit they went with. Even that I would have been alright with had he been good enough to justify the hype but he absolutely is not. I don't think I've been this disappointed in a character release in the entire previous four years. Even with characters like Kaito you can tell the developers wanted to try something different with their attempt at a pure damage over time unit. Even that I would have been more pleased with than the concentrated 'meh' that is Yoshi's kit.

• Options

See, if that was what was going on, I'd get it. It'd be apalling, but I'd get it.

But far as I can tell, there's only one "new hotness" with any ability that does anything for Break bars right now, and it's not even all that good! The thing they're trying to sell does not even help with the hurdle they're putting in front of you! It's basically making things annoying and unfun for no reason!

• Options

See, if that was what was going on, I'd get it. It'd be apalling, but I'd get it.

But far as I can tell, there's only one "new hotness" with any ability that does anything for Break bars right now, and it's not even all that good! The thing they're trying to sell does not even help with the hurdle they're putting in front of you! It's basically making things annoying and unfun for no reason!

Is it not that good . . . or is it not that good until you awaken all the abilities and have fed him all the pots you can and cactaurs/exp you can and maxed out his equipment and TMRs? You know, spent a goodly chunk of change or time into making that one character up to the task? That's the part I'm talking about; it's not just the unit they're selling, it's all the stuff that goes into enhancing and upgrading the characters as well.

I mean, like, I totally get the model, and I know the folks that do pay out the nose for a perfected unit immediately are more or less subsidizing my ability to play this game, and I have no ill will towards either, but also yes they really do hope you'll buy the pack of shards for 5k Lapis, the pots for 1k, and hopefully at least a few other things from the store and spend a chunk of time engaged in the game because of course they do, that's how this works. I don't begrudge them that. I just know it might be a bit before I catch up and that's fine with me.

• Options
    Intangir Extreme down, 14 turn OBAMA. Went the longer route with NV Cloud and a friend NV Rain (who was not in any way set up for the trial, nor did he have his Brave Abilities leveled past lvl2). Sure, I could have Tifa'd it but where's the fun in that?

Team was HA Charlotte (the only magic tank I have who doesn't counterattack, since counterattacks will wake him up), Doc Aiden, Rinora (double mirage bot), WM Rosa (again, would have used Xon but he counterattacks), NV Cloud and NV Rain. Pretty smooth clear, just had to make sure to have reraise on Charlotte and Doc Aiden when passing thresholds.

• Options
    Somehow, somehow I have an extra Sylvie prism and an extra Tifa prism. Sometimes I wish I could send these things as gifts or sell them. Oh well, they'll just sit there until the end of time.

I hit the shop for the 100 lapis stack of turtles, did the 5 gil maps they gave, picked up even more via the daily coin shop . . . basically grabbed as many turtles as I could and sold them all and I was at about 30 million. If I get around to leveling and awakening all the 7*s I have available, I'd maybe be able to get them all. Which I suppose explains NVs. :razz: But seriously, is Myra useful for anything? She's the highest rated unit I have that isn't 7* yet.

• Options
    Somehow, somehow I have an extra Sylvie prism and an extra Tifa prism. Sometimes I wish I could send these things as gifts or sell them. Oh well, they'll just sit there until the end of time.

I hit the shop for the 100 lapis stack of turtles, did the 5 gil maps they gave, picked up even more via the daily coin shop . . . basically grabbed as many turtles as I could and sold them all and I was at about 30 million. If I get around to leveling and awakening all the 7*s I have available, I'd maybe be able to get them all. Which I suppose explains NVs. :razz: But seriously, is Myra useful for anything? She's the highest rated unit I have that isn't 7* yet.

Depends, what’s your best healer you have? Her kit is pretty versatile and includes some general mit, aoe reraise, and resistance buff cool downs. She also has a really good entrust ability that basically when geared for it lets her entrust her bar to someone every turn.

• Options
    The best thing about Myra's Entrust is that she can dualcast it, which is pretty rare.

• Options

Depends, what’s your best healer you have?

Uh, I have dedicated healers? Let me see: Aerith, Aerith (Remake), Eiko, Folka, Ignis, Lovely Katy, Roy, Serena, Summer Fina & Lid, Summer Folka & Citra, Yuna. I also have Citra, Myra, Chocobo Fina, and Rivera totally unleveled but with prisms.
    Her kit is pretty versatile and includes some general mit, aoe reraise, and resistance buff cool downs. She also has a really good entrust ability that basically when geared for it lets her entrust her bar to someone every turn.

I don't know what mit means, I like all party reraise, what is a resist buff cool down, what is entrust?

• Options
    So apparently the reason why the break gauge takes so long to break in the Itachi fight is that they made the damage that the effective weapons do MUCH lower than in other fights. Normally, the effective weapons have been doing 100 damage to the break bar per hit. In the Itachi fight, Katanas/Throwing weapons are only doing 33, and daggers and rods are only doing 20. Hopefully this is just a mistake and gets fixed because there is no reason to make a farming stage like this should take so long.

• Options
    edited September 2020

Depends, what’s your best healer you have?

Uh, I have dedicated healers? Let me see: Aerith, Aerith (Remake), Eiko, Folka, Ignis, Lovely Katy, Roy, Serena, Summer Fina & Lid, Summer Folka & Citra, Yuna. I also have Citra, Myra, Chocobo Fina, and Rivera totally unleveled but with prisms.
    Her kit is pretty versatile and includes some general mit, aoe reraise, and resistance buff cool downs. She also has a really good entrust ability that basically when geared for it lets her entrust her bar to someone every turn.

I don't know what mit means, I like all party reraise, what is a resist buff cool down, what is entrust?

Sorry I really shouldn’t assume lingo knowledge my apologies.

Mit - Damage Mitigation it’s given as a %damage reduction and there is physical, magical, and general forms of it. Multiple mitigation cool downs of the same kind do not stack but having different does. This is particular neat when you have a general mitigation ability as it can be used on top of a specific physical or magical mitigation too. Real helpful for surviving those big damage turns like boss health thresholds.

Entrust is an ability that lets the unit give their LB gauge to another unit, really helpful if you need a specific LB ASAP (e.g.) a healer one.

Resist buffs are status and elemental resistance increases. Status ones help prevent things like poison, stop, stone, as well as some that help prevent having your attack, magic, defense, and spirit reduced. Elemental resistances reduce damage taken by attacks that have an element (e.g. fire, wind, water)

A cool down is an ability that has a recharge time after being used (and sometimes before it can be used the first time). These are usually bigger more powerful effect abilities and their power is offset by not always having them.

Similar to the above are Magnus abilities which have a limited amount of charges per fight that can be used and then the ability is no longer usable, again, powerful as a result.

The newest type is Grandis abilities which are green/red circle abilities you may have already seen on NV units that also have a limited number of uses. They are often just referred to as Magnus abilities as they are more or less the same in function.

As for healers in no particular order the ones I personally call the best right now (with some agreement in the meta outside my opinion as well):
    Rena, Warrior of Light Lenna, Doc Aiden, Myra. Looking at what you have I actually think Myras kit would prove very useful to you. My personal favorite is Doc Aiden but mainly because I missed out on Rena.

I’ll leave it there for now but I’m happy to elaborate on literally anything further you like.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Is it not that good . . . or is it not that good until you awaken all the abilities and have fed him all the pots you can and cactaurs/exp you can and maxed out his equipment and TMRs? You know, spent a goodly chunk of change or time into making that one character up to the task? That's the part I'm talking about; it's not just the unit they're selling, it's all the stuff that goes into enhancing and upgrading the characters as well.

I mean, like, I totally get the model, and I know the folks that do pay out the nose for a perfected unit immediately are more or less subsidizing my ability to play this game, and I have no ill will towards either, but also yes they really do hope you'll buy the pack of shards for 5k Lapis, the pots for 1k, and hopefully at least a few other things from the store and spend a chunk of time engaged in the game because of course they do, that's how this works. I don't begrudge them that. I just know it might be a bit before I catch up and that's fine with me.

Break bar is kind of unaffected by any kind of enhancement or stat or anything like that, as you remember. All it matters is the flat and whether you have the right weapon type. It's the same if you do it with a level 1 unpotted unit wielding a 35 atk weapon or a level 120 everything maxed EX+3 unit wielding a max DV weapon. That's part of why it's dumb!

If it WAS trying to get you to put a ton of money into things, as said, I'd get it. But far as I can tell it's less "put a lot of money into our current banner if you want to oneshot things" and more "oh no, people are oneshotting things, we have to stop that". Which seems extremely dumb! Heck, far as I can tell the star of the current banner they're trying to sell would not help in the slightest with it!

Basically what I'm getting at is, the makers of this game do want to extort out your money, but they are bad at knowing how to design a game to actually do so. They just throw shit at the wall and see what happens.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Does the daily coin shop ever refresh? I have a feeling its going to end up my best and only source for GL Ability seals.