As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    If you go by the Player's Voice Part 1 survey, there was 2,032,994 votes cast in total. 14 tickets a day = ~145,213 people casting all 14 votes. Now I'm going to basically assume a 100% chance that not everyone was casting their votes every day and such, so the number of "active" players is probably a bit higher than that. So yeah, round up to about 200k is probably a safe guess of the active player base.

The other metric though is raids, and I usually hit between 1000-5000. And I hit all my orbs except for ~3-4/day when I'm sleeping. So less than 5000 people go to that much effort with raids. Even now in the first week of this raid, I'm at 2946. So just using all your raid orbs throughout the waking day is more effort than most, let alone maxing out Dark Visions.

When I started playing at the end of last week I did 1 raid and I was at rank 76K. I do about 10-15 a day since then and I'm above 30K already.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hmmm. To spend the Elena tickets, I could get the STMR for Rydia, Shera, or Ramza. Tough decision, really, but I guess I'll go with Shera. More generally applicable.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Hmmm. To spend the Elena tickets, I could get the STMR for Rydia, Shera, or Ramza. Tough decision, really, but I guess I'll go with Shera. More generally applicable.

Shera's is pretty much BiS for tanks and is also amazing on supports. If you plan on eventually going for NV Terra, Rydia's STMR is BiS for her, but pretty much worthless for anyone else.

I grabbed one K.Delita to get his STMR as I have almost every other unit on offer's STMR. The only one I am missing now from that list is Prishe, and I've only ever pulled a single copy of her. Maybe I'll grab her for my second choice and get her 7* finally.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    My best options are 2x Emp Shera to get his STMR or AD Kain for his TMR. I guess his STMR is supposed to be great for NV Edgar too.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I grabbed a Noctis earlier because I had 3 of him and he's the only one I didn't have an STMR of yet.
    Since I have everything else... I think I'm going to grab another Nyx. I think Rydia, Kain, and Nyx are the 3 most likely to get an NVA out of that list.
    I have enough Kain's already anyway and more interested in an NVA Nyx than a Rydia.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I grabbed Rydia for the STMR, she was the only one I was close to. Then I grabbed a Noctis, I'm betting that OG Noctis is the most likely to get an NVA from those characters, so I have one to NVA him if / when it comes.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    My best options are 2x Emp Shera to get his STMR or AD Kain for his TMR. I guess his STMR is supposed to be great for NV Edgar too.

His STMR is pretty great for NVA Edgar. Basically you'll want to DW Kain's Lance and Spirit Lance (Kimahri's STMR) to take advantage of his 20-25% Spear Imperil. Eventually we'll get the ability to use Star Quartz to grab the free units, so you could potentially get another Kimahri STMR, which has higher ATK and the same jump damage boost that Kain's does.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Shera's is pretty much BiS for tanks and is also amazing on supports. If you plan on eventually going for NV Terra, Rydia's STMR is BiS for her, but pretty much worthless for anyone else.

I grabbed one K.Delita to get his STMR as I have almost every other unit on offer's STMR. The only one I am missing now from that list is Prishe, and I've only ever pulled a single copy of her. Maybe I'll grab her for my second choice and get her 7* finally.

I mean, I do want Terra. But I also realize that because I want Terra I will not actually get Terra, so might as well get something that is useful right now.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I hope I didn't need to spend those tickets before maintenance . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I hope I didn't need to spend those tickets before maintenance . . .

You have until next week I believe.

• Options
    Tossed a few tickets at the FF2 banner in hopes of getting a 4* unit to help with the bonus and ended up getting NV Firion after 3 tickets!

• Options
    I put him up. My friend code is 136 418 862 I have plenty of space lol

• Options
    Man, the daily FFII only fight is gonna SUCK for me. I have no 7* FFII units. I hope 7* Minwu can essentially solo it.

• Options
    Man, the daily FFII only fight is gonna SUCK for me. I have no 7* FFII units. I hope 7* Minwu can essentially solo it.

I couldn't beat it with 6* Leon and the free Minwu and the other trash. Did end up getting it with the NV Firion keeping everyone alive but it wasn't easy.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Yeah, NVA Emperor wrecks it in 2 turns with only a 45% break. Turns out that you could run it multiple times, but I think they just hotfixed it. I got 2 runs in.

• Options
    So out of all the free summons today, I scoffed when I saw we got a 5* 10+1 ticket. I can't get NVs from those, what a garbage ticket!
    Every free summon today either gave me 3*/4* units or rainbows that I already have a ton of.
    Then I do the 5* 10+1 and I get Emperor #4 and my first Fina/Dark Fina duo-unit for that nice TMR. FINE, you're still a good ticket, I get it.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Yeah, NVA Emperor wrecks it in 2 turns with only a 45% break. Turns out that you could run it multiple times, but I think they just hotfixed it. I got 2 runs in.

Here's hoping I can figure something out. Maybe some flood chaining through equips/espers and try to beef up my 6* Firion enough that Dark Authority from Dark Ragnarok does some decent damage. I'll figure it out later when my NRG refills.

Edit: Huh, Dark Knight Leon actually has some pretty good mods on his AMoE chain, and a 120% dark imperil even at 6*. That could help. Also, that Khandroma dagger gives a Dark element AMoE chain when equipped, so someone could chain with him with that.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Welp. This seems implausible.

So for the free summons I got shit. But I figured I might as well toss ten tickets at the banner since any of the banner old rainbows, whether Aileen, Emperor, or Leon, would mean an NVA for me.

First ticket drops rainbow. "Please be on-banner please be on-banner please be on-banner"

...cracks to red. At this point I'm boggling. I don't even expect an on-banner NV, so all I'm thinking is "please no Yoshikiri".

And it's, in fact, Firion!

So I continue throwing the other nine. Ticket 6 drops straight red again. For firion #2. So I guess I have +1 Firion already - but probably won't fuse him until event end. When I have time to level and equip him I'll put him up!

• Options
    I can confirm that my plan works for killing the daily boss. Trash unit with DW and Khandroma chaining with DKLeon and Firion capping with Dark Authority kills it in three turns (possibly earlier as turn 1 I messed up the timing of the finish and one of my chainers was dead turn 2). Also had World Destroyer on Emperor for a break. Also, don't bother trying to dispel the buffs on the boss, they cannot be dispelled.

If you have trouble with the boss, make sure to hit it with Dark damage and then use a light resist buff (6* Minwu has a light resist buff on his AoE revive skill). If you hit it with Dark it self-imbues Light. But, given how a team of 6* rejects can take it down most people should have a decently easy time with it.

The 5* NV EX ticket dropped AC Tifa#4. That's a pretty good fist materia!

• Options
    This MK event will be a rough grind. No NVAs, so I just have 7* and lower bonus units. Will have to rely on Minwu and friend units for most of the bonus currency.

I'll have to look up the daily trial and see what I can do, best FF2 units I have are CG Firion and DK Leon, at least both are 7*

I've never gotten a second Emperor. I've had this dude at 6* for at least two years now and have yet to pull a dupe. Weird.

• Options
    The only really great things in the MK shop are the UoC ticket and whatever Brave Ability forticites you may be low on. Minwu's STMR is nothing exciting (50% SPR, 20% MP, some passive LB fill) and then that leaves the generic stuff like moogles, cactuars, and maps. Makes me feel a little better with my single 7* Aileen and the rest 6* or lower bonus units. I'll be grateful for the free 7* Minwu.

• Options
    Tried some tickets for more Emperor's to NVA him and got dunked on.
    So I told my friend this banner is cursed and he said I'll fix it; he did a 5k and got me an Aileen, NV Firion, and the panel summon gave me the STMR moogle.
    He's in charge of pulls from now on, I think.

• Options
    Yeah the MK shop has no tickets? Is this a new development? I swear it used to have at least 10 3* tickets and a 4* ticket or something back in the day.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah the MK shop has no tickets? Is this a new development? I swear it used to have at least 10 3* tickets and a 4* ticket or something back in the day.

Oh yeah, the tickets have been moved to the Event Points, and we get a lot less of them.

• Options

Oh yeah, the tickets have been moved to the Event Points, and we get a lot less of them.

Daww... Alright thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    Is there an option to unequip only those units currently not in a party? I've looked but haven't found it.

I don't want to unequip everyone, just the folks that aren't currently assigned to fight for me.

• Options
    Is there an option to unequip only those units currently not in a party? I've looked but haven't found it.

I don't want to unequip everyone, just the folks that aren't currently assigned to fight for me.

You could save your loadouts for each party you can to keep, then unequip everyone and then load the parties you want again.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Save your current parties (top right), unequip everyone, reload the parties. There are a ton of save/load slots for parties.

Edit: Beaten! Damn you honky.

Cruor on
  • Options
    The daily challenge isn't that bad. I equipped an OG Firion for dodge and provoke and then just wore it down with my 7* DK Leon and CG Firion. Took a few turns, but at least I only have to do it once a day.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    What to do with Aileen. I have 6 of her, and her STMR is really good. Should I create a 7* and STMR moogle her before breaking her down for parts to NVA?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    How stupid is the challenge for Firion bafmodads, by the way? I'd rather know before I go in wasting energy.

• Options
    How stupid is the challenge for Firion bafmodads, by the way? I'd rather know before I go in wasting energy.

Single enemy, easy to break gauge (swords/rods/bows), weak to fire and dark. It dies pretty quick.

• Options

Save your current parties (top right), unequip everyone, reload the parties. There are a ton of save/load slots for parties.

Edit: Beaten! Damn you honky.

*finger guns*

Fastest fingers in the west.

• Options

Single enemy, easy to break gauge (swords/rods/bows), weak to fire and dark. It dies pretty quick.

After trying it, I'm pretty sure I could one turn this except, you know, SR chains break at random and then it doesn't die. So I'm playing it careful and going for the two turn thing and just bringing WoL to make sure there can't be any accidents.

• Options

After trying it, I'm pretty sure I could one turn this except, you know, SR chains break at random and then it doesn't die. So I'm playing it careful and going for the two turn thing and just bringing WoL to make sure there can't be any accidents.

Yeah, SR is weird. Most of the time I have no issues, but sometimes I get a weird broken chain with a lot of recurring 1-chain indicators.

• Options
    Got Yoshikiri from the Player's Choice Free Weekly and some 5 star units from the other 10+1 Free Weekly; A version of Nichol, someone named Physalis I already have, apparently, and . . . Sweet Luka?

I mean, it could have just been 3-4s with one 5*, so I count myself lucky anytime I don't get trash, and another NV is nice.

• Options
    Didn't get much out of all the summons, the only notable being Elena #4 for her STMR. Could be nice if I ever luck into NV Elena.

• Options
    Geez those are some good STMR's in the Steel Dummy shop.

• Options
    Speaking of... How the f are you supposed to do any damage to it? Is that primarily for meta accounts? I spent 5 turns to get him down from 99% and it didn't budge.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Geez those are some good STMR's in the Steel Dummy shop.

I am so happy to get access to Nagi's STMR finally. I have been sitting on three of her for a bit.
    Speaking of... How the f are you supposed to do any damage to it? Is that primarily for meta accounts? I spent 5 turns to get him down from 99% and it didn't budge.

I think it has a lot of resistance to non-elemental damage. Make sure you're bringing a decent break and imperil (Loren has great breaks and high Imperils for lightning, light, and wind). Make sure your other damage dealers have elemental weapons or imbues to take advantage of Loren's imperils.