As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Personally, I've kind of made the decision of not pulling for event units. But I need to build the hoard back up for Fina and Daisy, then. I'm down to 38K lapis.

Story event + story update + world revisit should easily get you 10K+ Lapis. And you only really need 2k to get to the 40k threshold for the safety net...if we get the safety net. Hopefully by then we also get 50 shards free from the login events. If we don't I can already see the subreddit melting down.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I am going to assume that this week is NV Sol + story event. Which means that the next banner, following JP's schedule, is NV Fina+Daisy. The first JP safety net (40k lapis for enough tickets/coins to exchange for on-banner NV) came with NV Fina+Daisy.

But, given how Halloween has most recently been a two-week event, AND our first GLEX NVs took up two weeks with separate banners, I have a feeling we'll start with Halloween stuff next week, and then another Halloween banner the following week, and then NV Fina+Daisy the first week of November. So I wouldn't expect any sort of safety net until November.

I hope I'm wrong and we get some kind of safety net for the Halloween banner(s), but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not sure we should be holding out breath for anything Halloween related. Given how Covid is the excuse that the unit design stuff is pushed into next year, unless we see a video talking about Halloween, I'm going to assume it'll be skipped like everything else.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I am going to assume that this week is NV Sol + story event. Which means that the next banner, following JP's schedule, is NV Fina+Daisy. The first JP safety net (40k lapis for enough tickets/coins to exchange for on-banner NV) came with NV Fina+Daisy.

But, given how Halloween has most recently been a two-week event, AND our first GLEX NVs took up two weeks with separate banners, I have a feeling we'll start with Halloween stuff next week, and then another Halloween banner the following week, and then NV Fina+Daisy the first week of November. So I wouldn't expect any sort of safety net until November.

I hope I'm wrong and we get some kind of safety net for the Halloween banner(s), but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not sure we should be holding out breath for anything Halloween related. Given how Covid is the excuse that the unit design stuff is pushed into next year, unless we see a video talking about Halloween, I'm going to assume it'll be skipped like everything else.

Just went back and rewatched that section of the livestream, Covid was not the excuse for the unit design stuff being so late. They didn't actually offer an excuse for it. I'm hopeful that we get Halloween stuff and will be rather disappointed if we don't.

• Options
    Pretty sure they mentioned the pandemic as a reason at one point or another. Combined with rushing to NV which also I don't think has been verified but most folks feel like it's rushed. I hope we do get something, but we'll see.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the design units getting pushed forward were because the Global side was completely unprepared for Neo Visions. So they took the actual smart path and delayed the units in order to re-design them as NV units.
    Now are the Halloween units going to be like Yoshikiri/Elena, where their kits are a last second attempt at turning a 7* into an NV? Probably.

Now the 50 login shards/daily shard dungeon is going to be an interesting topic this week. Lots of mad because JP got those features with the Firion banner and Global didn't. But we also got this banner out of order.
    So if they drop the shard dungeon and give us 50 Sol (or whatever unit is this week) shards for logins this week, that'll technically be the same number of JP banners that had to pass before JP got it (if we ignore that we got 2 extra global exclusive banners in there to push it out).

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Pandemic would be affecting them in some way, but it looks like most of the delays / issues were because they were forced to drop Neo Visions ahead of schedule. We got them, what, six months early? That's a big wrench to throw in the works.

If new Elena and Yoshikiri were, as some theorized, meant to be 7* but became NV because of the rushed release, then I can see the planned Halloween units getting a similar treatment. If they look cool and have good kits, I'll give them a chance. I always like the holiday units. Heck, if they NVA any of the previous Halloween units (Lilith or GL Sakura are my hopes), then I'll be super tempted to pull dupes for awakening.

C'mon, Gumi, make me want to use that Lapis.

• Options
    I'll be shocked if there are no NVAs of at least one Halloween unit. Time-limited units that you need like 7 to 14 copies of? Especially when few people probably went past 4 units for the STMR on time-limited units originally.

• Options
    Halloween really feels like it'll set the standard for how limited seasonal banners will go in the NV era. I really hope that the banners are limited to only on banner rainbows/NVs, but I know that's probably not going to happen.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if there are no NVAs of at least one Halloween unit. Time-limited units that you need like 7 to 14 copies of? Especially when few people probably went past 4 units for the STMR on time-limited units originally.

This is why I wouldn't be shocked if they skip Halloween. It's got to be treated carefully. How do you do NVA for limited units? The easy answer is don't do them. But then you'll piss off a bunch of your fan base who would like these units to be useful again. Really the only other option would be to go overboard and add them to the UoC pool, standard summon pool, and give out add unit tickets to the step up.

This week is another Raid with 5* versions of our 4* units and Madam Edel. I only have 3 Nalu so no NVA there for me. Doesn't look like any safety net yet.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Big ole skip this week! I have 1 Nalu, so no new NVA/NV for me this week.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oof, this is a bad banner week. Still no 50 login shards, and this week was the basically the last excuse. JP had them by now, even going by # of banners since NV launch.
    Edel was also after Faisy, so her banner in JP had the 40k safety net, which we seem to have lost as well.
    No shard dungeon yet, it should have been this week based on either banners released or # of banners since NV launch. If next week is Halloween, it basically NEEDS to be there, because if you pull one copy of a Halloween NV-unit and it's time limited, well.. you fucked, you're never getting EX+1 or beyond.

Have to run some calcs to see whether Edel's STMR is better for Tifa than Equip Bow+Firion's STMR. Her vision card is definitely #1 for Tifa but I'm still saving my cactuars for Sol's card for that +100 MAG/%MAG with rod.
    Edit: Nevermind, Equip Bow+Firion's STMR wins by a long shot, holy smokes.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Oof, this is a bad banner week. Still no 50 login shards, and this week was the basically the last excuse. JP had them by now, even going by # of banners since NV launch.
    Edel was also after Faisy, so her banner in JP had the 40k safety net, which we seem to have lost as well.
    No shard dungeon yet, it should have been this week based on either banners released or # of banners since NV launch. If next week is Halloween, it basically NEEDS to be there, because if you pull one copy of a Halloween NV-unit and it's time limited, well.. you fucked, you're never getting EX+1 or beyond.

Have to run some calcs to see whether Edel's STMR is better for Tifa than Equip Bow+Firion's STMR. Her vision card is definitely #1 for Tifa but I'm still saving my cactuars for Sol's card for that +100 MAG/%MAG with rod.

Only decent thing for this banner for me is I have enough Nalu’s for NVA.

• Options

Even taking into account her 6x chain cap? I would have thought losing that with a 2H weapon would be a big damage loss.

• Options

Limited units just need to go. It was bad enough in the 7* era; just add them to the pool and call it good.

• Options

Even taking into account her 6x chain cap? I would have thought losing that with a 2H weapon would be a big damage loss.

Aw, damn it, the builder changed the default layout again. It used to have max chains by default. Yeah, you're right, with the 6x chain, Edel's STMR is better.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Aw, damn it, the builder changed the default layout again. It used to have max chains by default. Yeah, you're right, with the 6x chain, Edel's STMR is better.

The big question is whether there is an instance where Elena's Vision Card is better than Edel/Cloud's (if using an Equip L Sword materia for the Fusion Sword). I assume that 2x Edel STMR + Edel's VC would be best.

Then again, I pretty much only use Tifa in DV and having that sort of crazy build hasn't been necessary yet.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

The big question is whether there is an instance where Elena's Vision Card is better than Edel/Cloud's (if using an Equip L Sword materia for the Fusion Sword). I assume that 2x Edel STMR + Edel's VC would be best.

Then again, I pretty much only use Tifa in DV and having that sort of crazy build hasn't been necessary yet.

Yeah I deliberately avoid using the Tifa Win Button on stuff that’s isn’t DV to try and make things at least somewhat strategically interesting.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ah, right, I need to kill the dummy thing. A timed thing does seem a thing to bring out the Tifa Smash.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Ah, right, I need to kill the dummy thing. A timed thing does seem a thing to bring out the Tifa Smash.

Yeah, I used Tifa for that. Probably way overkill, as she can easily smash it turn 2 with support chains.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

Yeah, I used Tifa for that. Probably way overkill, as she can easily smash it turn 2 with support chains.

Took me 20+ turns.. :(

Hey do we get a HT Lid NV soon? I have like 9 of her.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

I can't remember, can you bring a friend? If you can, name your chain family of choice and we can probably throw an NV unit built for Human/Machine up for you to chain with.
    Then you just need your own imperil/imbuer for the chainers and should be enough to do it in 5 turns I think.

• Options

Not as easy for me, building chains is hard!

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

I can't remember, can you bring a friend? If you can, name your chain family of choice and we can probably throw an NV unit built for Human/Machine up for you to chain with.
    Then you just need your own imperil/imbuer for the chainers and should be enough to do it in 5 turns I think.

You can't bring a friend, and you also have a Folka and Ayaka on the team so you can only bring three of your own units.

As for HT Lid, there's no NVA for her in JP. If you have a lot of Summer Fina and Lid, they get a really good breaker/healer hybrid NVA.

• Options
    It really is kind of hilarious. I have almost every base NV unit. And yet, I keep coming back to my two Rems. Because Bolting Strike *works* whereas trying to chain Lasswell and Akstar with SR has like a 1/3 success rate.

I just tried twice with the NV people, failed both times as the chain just kept breaking on 13 hits or so, brought double Rems, and they gave Tifa a perfectly nice 40 hit chain to piggyback on, immediately.

• Options
    It really is kind of hilarious. I have almost every base NV unit. And yet, I keep coming back to my two Rems. Because Bolting Strike *works* whereas trying to chain Lasswell and Akstar with SR has like a 1/3 success rate.

I just tried twice with the NV people, failed both times as the chain just kept breaking on 13 hits or so, brought double Rems, and they gave Tifa a perfectly nice 40 hit chain to piggyback on, immediately.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I really wanted NV Elena. Her BS chains just work, all the time, every time. I don't really have any issues with AMoE either, but SR is finicky.

• Options
    I went BS chain for the win with Yoshikiri, NV SElena, and WC Ace. Imbued and Imperiled and then just chained till dead on T4.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    SR chains I have to deliberately try to trigger fast. I hold my phone with both hands and then use both thumbs to tap the attackers in order. If I just use on thumb to trigger, the chain breaks every time. I don't have the same problem with BS and AMoE only sometimes breaks when I one hand it.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I really wanted NV Elena. Her BS chains just work, all the time, every time. I don't really have any issues with AMoE either, but SR is finicky.

Oh, right, these guys are not SR, they're AMoE, but either way, it was a double fail before I went fuck it and just brought out Bolting Strike again.

I do have one NV Elena, but no other Light element BS chainers to pair her with, I'm afraid. If she still did Ice I could just put her up with Rem, but...

Drascin on
  • Options

Oh, right, these guys are not SR, they're AMoE, but either way, it was a double fail before I went fuck it and just brought out Bolting Strike again.

I do have one NV Elena, but no other Light element BS chainers to pair her with, I'm afraid. If she still did Ice I could just put her up with Rem, but...

You could just equip NV Elena with an ice weapon. If you have Fryevia's Needle that works for a 1H hybrid ice weapon. Kurasame's STMR would be better but much less accessible.

• Options
    Oh, right. For some reason my brain just keeps thinking of the Needle as a wizard thing. Probably because I used it on Terra for so long.

But yeah, I do have to say, is there something weird going on with Akstar's triplecast or something? Because I've kind of noticed I can chain NVA Lasswell with 7* Physalis mostly reliably, but Akstar just. Does not work.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    If you have Tifa smash just grab two Tornado chainers and user her ult. Sinzar did a video on it. It was stupid easy.

• Options
    BS and AMoE are pretty reliable for me. SR and AZ are similar to DR in that I need to get a good finger tap on my phone to make sure it chains. 3+ person chains are always a toss up. CWA is a dumpster fire and never chains right.

Chaining is pretty much killing the game for me. If DV is the best content we have and I have to use an emulator for it, that sucks. To this day, I have no idea what Alim/GUMI is doing; they know which families work and the framing of them. Just make new families or adjust old ones to fit those starting frames.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    BS and AMoE are pretty reliable for me. SR and AZ are similar to DR in that I need to get a good finger tap on my phone to make sure it chains. 3+ person chains are always a toss up. CWA is a dumpster fire and never chains right.

Chaining is pretty much killing the game for me. If DV is the best content we have and I have to use an emulator for it, that sucks. To this day, I have no idea what Alim/GUMI is doing; they know which families work and the framing of them. Just make new families or adjust old ones to fit those starting frames.

Eventually we will get self-chaining units that JP has gotten recently, which appears to be their solution to easing chaining. So, instead of just giving us an option to macro chains as a mechanic within the game, they'll sell us units that build their own chains. I'm not surprised that they'd sell a solution instead of making it a basic mechanic.

• Options
    We'll see if I make it that long haha. Halloween is going to be pretty make or break for me. The only thing getting me to log in these days is that I have a ton of great STMR's. With Elly's, Ed's, 2 of the summer girls, 2 of Rinoa's, I have so much elemental coverage it's great for DV. But this NV era is really a slog and they need to do something to get me interested again. Even if it's just talk of safety nets, or anything really. If they just let Halloween go by without any changes and at best we get a new 7* unit they upgraded to NV, it might just be it for me.

• Options
    AR and CWA chaining are the bane of my existence. That is all.

• Options
    Boo... I’m really torn on next banner, I say logically I should skip it... but I like Madam Eden as a character a lot. Crud.

• Options
    Boo... I’m really torn on next banner, I say logically I should skip it... but I like Madam Eden as a character a lot. Crud.

The game is definitely in a "pull for what you like" position for me. I say go for it if she's a unit you like and want to use. Damage dealers are pretty interchangeable at the moment.

The only really "necessary" unit coming up is Fina&Daisy and that's mostly for her preemptive cover mechanic. There are gonna be a couple upcoming trials with strong preemptive magic attacks and having her around will make those much less painful to gear for.

• Options

The game is definitely in a "pull for what you like" position for me. I say go for it if she's a unit you like and want to use. Damage dealers are pretty interchangeable at the moment.

The only really "necessary" unit coming up is Fina&Daisy and that's mostly for her preemptive cover mechanic. There are gonna be a couple upcoming trials with strong preemptive magic attacks and having her around will make those much less painful to gear for.

Faisy and Terra are the two I’ve got marked down as must haves. And yeah, think I’ll pull for Edel, maybe I’ll get lucky and be still set for whatever Halloween thing they do.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    God NV Emperor absolutely destroys with that fireball.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Free 10 pull dropped blue and upgraded all the way to red for NV Cloud. I already have his EX+1 so that does me no good. It also had Palom & Porom #3. The 10+1 guaranteed had WD Galuf #4 and Choco Fina #3.