As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I am loving the increased IW rates. Just got the rare/15% ATK/15% MAG on Enhancer++.

I don't think they increased the rates for the rare, but the rates for 10/12/15% are certainly increased in the later stages.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Ah, nice to know. I got a rare on stage 1 for PG Lasswells STMR and thought something had to be up.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    As far as I'm aware, the training dummy is immune to breaks (says it's immune to parameter reductions), so I didn't try to break it. It is vulnerable to imperils, so use a strong imperil and your strongest chainers with whatever element you're imperiling.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I went back and one punched Intangir EXT to get the Enhancer++ to run through IW. I actually have a bunch of new STMRs to run through this IW. Gonna be busy!

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, the training dummy is immune to breaks (says it's immune to parameter reductions), so I didn't try to break it. It is vulnerable to imperils, so use a strong imperil and your strongest chainers with whatever element you're imperiling.

Ah yes that's right, just Imperil and then chain down.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Cruor wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

Ah yes that's right, just Imperil and then chain down.

According to the wiki, it's classified as a human and machina enemy, so human and machine killers can get more damage on it, too.

I'm not sure which STMR to grab. I have Yin-Yang Dual Hand, but I feel like I can always use more MAG TDW. I have Beach Girls and Cool Beauty, don't think I need dupes in that. Magic Control Ring is a great hybrid ring. Just do not know.

Zomro on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I actually got a NV from the free pulls today. It ended up being my 3rd Aerith, so now I have her a Ex2 with her STMR.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My pulls both free and otherwise today were lousy, the luck has run at least temporarily dry. Did get one Emperor which gave me enough to EX+0 him so at least events aren’t hard.

As for the Brave Insignia boss he’s a pretty easy turn 1 tbh.

Behold!

https://youtu.be/aVW2mWeOeUA

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Steel Dummy was pretty easy. I used PG Lasswell and SD Akstar with Tifa finishing. Akstar can imbue party Ice and Lasswell imperils Ice. Though since it's equal to all, I used Tifa to imperil/imbue water as well since it's tied to her 1 ability. Probably could have used any meta chainers with water weapons and Tifa.

EDIT: For STMR's it's either Cool Beauty #3, Beach Girls #2, Winged Heart #3, or Emperor's Ring #2. The advantage of Emperor's Ring is that it can be stacked. But the other 3 all come with great resists which when doing DV really helps allow for killers since you can get to a manageable elemental resist with just 1 or 2 pieces.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Wait, the Worm boss is STONE? Not insect? Well shit, I gotta swap some killers around and man, it should be even easier to do the daily than I thought.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    God. I need to farm so many bafmodads. I have Firion. I have NVA Aileen. I have Emperor and Leon both at 1 copy missing to go NVA so I should farm some for them too (how are they, btw?).

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    God. I need to farm so many bafmodads. I have Firion. I have NVA Aileen. I have Emperor and Leon both at 1 copy missing to go NVA so I should farm some for them too (how are they, btw?).

NVA Leon is fine. He's a dark element generic damage dealer, and a decent one at that. He's a lot like VoTD, but with AMoE chains instead of SR.

NVA Emperor is a great fire finisher, especially in his BS form. His LB is also rather great.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

NVA Leon is fine. He's a dark element generic damage dealer, and a decent one at that. He's a lot like VoTD, but with AMoE chains instead of SR.

NVA Emperor is a great fire finisher, especially in his BS form. His LB is also rather great.

Emperor is likely best magic finisher until Terra, really his only downside is the fire lock but he drops some serious damage capping with his BS LB especially.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Question:
    An insignia that grants new power to specific Neo Visions when used in conjunction with special stones known as "forticite." This one can be used to enhance the units Gabranth -Neo Vision- and Balthier.

When I try to awaken Balthier it says I need his fragments. Do I need to trade these somewhere?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Question:
    An insignia that grants new power to specific Neo Visions when used in conjunction with special stones known as "forticite." This one can be used to enhance the units Gabranth -Neo Vision- and Balthier.

When I try to awaken Balthier it says I need his fragments. Do I need to trade these somewhere?

Right now, we're getting screwed over as we have no way to get more fragments other than pulling another unit, using VIP coins (from the new pay with money rewards), or the daily login (which is usually 5 fragments short). in JP they got a dungeon you could run once a day for fragments. You'd run the unit through to get their fragments. We'll see if we get that in GL.

• Options
    Oh so there's no reason for me to fight this tree a bunch of times?

• Options

The tree fight gives Insignias, which are used to level up Brave Abilities for NV units. If you don't have any of those units then you don't really need to farm Insignias. The insignia stages are limited, but they do recur seemingly often.

• Options

The tree fight gives Insignias, which are used to level up Brave Abilities for NV units. If you don't have any of those units then you don't really need to farm Insignias. The insignia stages are limited, but they do recur seemingly often.

Yeah unless you have a unit that uses a particular insignia already or there is a unit you really like you don’t have so you can get the insignia in advance and hope to get it, you can pretty safely ignore them as they’ll come back around.

• Options

How annoying is he to finish with? I appreciate Tifa because her finisher is super easy to time, since it's just a big punch with no flourishes. But I've tried a lot of finishers where you basically have to memorize the animation's timing to get any kind of decent finishing in.

• Options
    Ahhhh okay I was confusing insignias and fragments. I figured it would be too nice of them to give us the ability to farm for NVs.

• Options

How annoying is he to finish with? I appreciate Tifa because her finisher is super easy to time, since it's just a big punch with no flourishes. But I've tried a lot of finishers where you basically have to memorize the animation's timing to get any kind of decent finishing in.

His finisher remains Fires from Below, which hits relatively fast. Shouldn't be too difficult to land most or all of the hits inside of T-cast chains
    Ahhhh okay I was confusing insignias and fragments. I figured it would be too nice of them to give us the ability to farm for NVs.

In JP, they actually have a once-a-day dungeon where you can farm shards. You bring NV units in and you get 0-2 shards for each unit that comes. They actually got that dungeon at the same time they got the NV Firion banner, so it's currently something we should have.

• Options

His finisher remains Fires from Below, which hits relatively fast. Shouldn't be too difficult to land most or all of the hits inside of T-cast chains

...wait, doesn't he get like several other fire abilities with noticeably higher modifiers?

• Options
    edited October 2020

...wait, doesn't he get like several other fire abilities with noticeably higher modifiers?

When fully enhanced and with latents, he gets a ton of modifier boosts to Fires from Below. He gets even more modifier boosts to it in his Braveshift form. In his base form, Fires from Below gets up to 85x modifier when fully stacked, and in Braveshift it goes up to 95x.

Cruor on
  • Options

When fully enhanced and with latents, he gets a ton of modifier boosts to Fires from Below. He gets even more modifier boosts to it in his Braveshift form. In his base form, Fires from Below gets up to 85x modifier when fully stacked, and in Braveshift it goes up to 95x.

Yeah half of his NV passives are about buffing Fire From Below.

• Options
    Oh, Aileen uses the Lasswell bafmodads? Dangit, that one was one of the annoying ones.

• Options
    Had to wait for today’s shards to do it but now have my Emperor EX+1 and set to event 2 with 4400 MAG and fully enhanced. Enjoy.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I have 1539 login days and I just now summoned my first Lightning

• Options
    Okay, I'm done with farming for Aileen, Firion, and a good ways into Emperor's. I think I may leave Leon for next time because christ on a biscotte am I sick of farming this already.

• Options
    Okay, I'm done with farming for Aileen, Firion, and a good ways into Emperor's. I think I may leave Leon for next time because christ on a biscotte am I sick of farming this already.

I'm curious on what you're farming. Is it the wolf fight? I'm so confused by the amount of things to do in the game now lol.

• Options

I'm curious on what you're farming. Is it the wolf fight? I'm so confused by the amount of things to do in the game now lol.

The insignias for ability upgrading. You know, from those missions in the last tab of the vortex. You need about 180 for a normal NV unit, about 220 for an NVA. One run gives you like 16 or 17. So it takes a bit.

• Options
    Thanks for the info Drascin!

Also is anyone doing the stepup? Sounds like a trap.

• Options
    In JP they are getting NVAs for some of the Esper units, including a free NVA Untamed Wolf Edel (good news is you can still get her NVA to EX+3 if you missed her the first time around).

Both Ifrit Rain and Bahamut Fina are getting NVAs and their shift forms are indeed the unit+Esper fusion sprites. This is great and gives me hope for the rest of the Esper units getting NVAs with the cool combo sprites. I'm mostly excited for SDAkstar and HACharlotte to get that treatment as both of their fusion sprites are fantastic.

• Options

They are. We're seeing them pretty regularly now. Given the no safety net on banners, I think they are hoping to get folks with the extra 1% rate. I'd just ignore them, I did the first one and got nothing out of it.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

They are. We're seeing them pretty regularly now. Given the no safety net on banners, I think they are hoping to get folks with the extra 1% rate. I'd just ignore them, I did the first one and got nothing out of it.

If it was one of the "all rainbows or NV" banners then it might be worth it if you want more STMR progress/dupes for NVAs. But this banner, with only a single rainbow/NV per pull, is 100% a trap.

• Options

If it was one of the "all rainbows or NV" banners then it might be worth it if you want more STMR progress/dupes for NVAs. But this banner, with only a single rainbow/NV per pull, is 100% a trap.

It’s apparently going to have a bit of a mess on its hands too because the German translation of the banner made it sound like a 1/10 NV ticket AND a NV unit were guaranteed on the last pull. Support is just pointing to English translation and not doing anything but it’s the kind of thing Apple and Google will likely slap them for since it’s a direct false advertising gacha thing.

Either way, that banner is a waste, definite don’t pull.

• Options
    It's just interesting that if they want folks to spend Lapis, why not guarantee an NV unit? We have enough in the pool now that it doesn't seem like a forgone conclusion you'll get what your after which is very Gacha. As is, I'm not even tempted. With 1 NV guaranteed, then I'd at least think about it.

• Options
    It's just interesting that if they want folks to spend Lapis, why not guarantee an NV unit? We have enough in the pool now that it doesn't seem like a forgone conclusion you'll get what your after which is very Gacha. As is, I'm not even tempted. With 1 NV guaranteed, then I'd at least think about it.

It would be the first thing resembling a safety net for NV.

So of course they wouldn’t do that.

• Options
    I am going to assume that this week is NV Sol + story event. Which means that the next banner, following JP's schedule, is NV Fina+Daisy. The first JP safety net (40k lapis for enough tickets/coins to exchange for on-banner NV) came with NV Fina+Daisy.

But, given how Halloween has most recently been a two-week event, AND our first GLEX NVs took up two weeks with separate banners, I have a feeling we'll start with Halloween stuff next week, and then another Halloween banner the following week, and then NV Fina+Daisy the first week of November. So I wouldn't expect any sort of safety net until November.

I hope I'm wrong and we get some kind of safety net for the Halloween banner(s), but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

• Options
    Fun PSA for current mog event. If you have some relatively crap luck but still want to clear fairly easily with all bonus units, if you happen to get none of the NV units but do get the 7 star one Thoughtful Sister Maria, three coins from the banner get you her prism and at max level and whatever attack you can throw on her she can one or two shot everything using Let’s Blast It. Just have a healer of some kind to heal up some after it’s used and it’s easy, e.g. Minwu

Example!
    https://youtu.be/J6sXJ_F1dGk

• Options
    Personally, I've kind of made the decision of not pulling for event units. But I need to build the hoard back up for Fina and Daisy, then. I'm down to 38K lapis.