As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 3: not really about Minneapolis at this point

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    That all looks very flammable.

I knew of people that collected presidential run stuff [buttons and other odd items they hand out or sell speaking events}
    I am both curious and interested if they still do {one of them she inherited a lot of her grandfather's collection so it was a lot of pre ww2 stuff so I am curious if she still does since }

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The outcome of an arrest? Doesn't that have to be public?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

No welcome to the provisions of the Patriot Act that allow the US to arrest and detain people they deem a threat

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's a coincidence, just like the last 6 or 7 times nazi symbolism snuck into the campaign

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    With all whats going on, I'm shocked no one has whisper to the orange Shitgibbon about, "President Directive 51".

But the "Proud Boys" are basically his "The Division", or his unofficial Personal Trump Private Army, so maybe that was already filled.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Definitely not a coincidence, the Aquila is big in both American and Nazi iconography because the origins of both are rooted in a dreadful appreciation of ancient Rome

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    With all whats going on, I'm shocked no one has whisper to the orange Shitgibbon about, "President Directive 51".

But the "Proud Boys" are basically his "The Division", or his unofficial Personal Trump Private Army, so maybe that was already filled.

Don't forget the Klan, "Patriot" militias, 3%ers, Knights of Gilead, and literal Nazis.

But I repeat myself (x4).

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I'm sure it's a coincidence, just like the last 6 or 7 times nazi symbolism snuck into the campaign

Remind me , why Germany was made, the exclusive NAZI badguy, when it was hidden (and now coming to light) that the Allies , actually secretly admired the Nazi Science and Weapons?

Oh forgot , the Germans were considered the "troublesome lower European class" during WW1. But when a Superpower Nazis it up like the U.S., it's aokay.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I mean to be slightly fair eagles are big in like... all iconography.

I think it is an enormous stretch to say that is an intentional fascist pull. Eagle holding circular thing is waaaaay older than the Nazis.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    America First was also the name of a US fascist party aligned with the nazis formed during WW2 in 1944

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well there was the pan-european genocide there that'll ugly you up in the history books

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    An eagle holding a circle is mostly just that Nazi symbol

The shield is normally in front of the eagle rather than being held by it and it is a shield shape rather than a circle.

If they wanted more traditional symbolism, they could have gone for just an outright fasces, which has much stronger examples of non-Nazi usage

Couscous on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

I think it is an enormous stretch to say that is an intentional fascist pull. Eagle holding circular thing is waaaaay older than the Nazis.

if this was any other admin I could give them the benefit of the doubt

but they just keep using nazi iconography and terminology over and over and over and over and

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »

if this was any other admin I could give them the benefit of the doubt

but they just keep using nazi iconography and terminology over and over and over and over and

I gotta wonder if the address of that store is 1488 W Reich St, or something.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So like what's their business plan if he loses or, even if he wins, when he's term limited?

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Oghulk wrote: »

The KBPS tweet is a little misleading. If you click through to their article SDPD is saying the outcome of the internal investigation into the abduction will remain secret. SDPD is claiming that it's a personnel investigation which state law requires that it remains confidential.

Carpy on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So like what's their business plan if he loses or, even if he wins, when he's term limited?

That’s like asking the business plan of those stores that pop up in early October to sell cheap Halloween stuff.

Which is to say, I’d like to know myself.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

That’s like asking the business plan of those stores that pop up in early October to sell cheap Halloween stuff.

Which is to say, I’d like to know myself.

Or tax businesses that are only open from January to May. Who pays their rent the other 8 months?!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

If Trump loses then it will probably spontaneously catch fire in the middle of the night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna hit you all with some dark knowledge like this is the illuminati stuff

you never see the tax store and the halloween store open at the same time

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    f5ptu817slkk.jpg
    :rotate:

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

What would be the best way to approach that, I wonder, engineering-wise?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

Five rednecks, a 24 of Natty Ice, and some semtex.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Fun fact I learned recently about Mount Rushmore; after desecrating the mountain, they fuckers couldn't be bothered to clean up the rubble it left behind. Look at any modern photo, you can see it laying just below the faces all the way down.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Fun fact I learned recently about Mount Rushmore; after desecrating the mountain, they fuckers couldn't be bothered to clean up the rubble it left behind. Look at any modern photo, you can see it laying just below the faces all the way down.

So you're saying we can just glue it back together?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gutzon Borglum?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

So you're saying we can just glue it back together?
    ... y'know, hypothetically, yeah. I unironically like that idea.

Not up to me though, it's up to the tribe that got screwed over.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

Is making more gravel an acceptable solution or is it weird to solve the problem created by dynamiting this mountain by dynamiting the mountain again?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I'm basically gonna defer to the Lakota Sioux in how they want it handled, right now that seems to be getting rid of the faces so I say do that.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Gutzon Borglum?

ok i looked it up and this whole thing is way wilder than i anticipated

john gutzon de la mothe borglum was a sculptor, freemason and proud klansman - "one of the six knights who sat on the Imperial Koncilium in 1923", according to our friend wikipedia

he got his start carving a gigantic frieze of confederate leaders on stone mountain in georgia, as an explicit monument to the confederacy and the kkk. it's still there today and people go there all the time. his experience doing this was a big part of how he got hired for the rushmore job

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Gutzon Borglum?

ok i looked it up and this whole thing is way wilder than i anticipated

john gutzon de la mothe borglum was a sculptor, freemason and proud klansman - "one of the six knights who sat on the Imperial Koncilium in 1923", according to our friend wikipedia

he got his start carving a gigantic frieze of confederate leaders on stone mountain in georgia, as an explicit monument to the confederacy and the kkk. it's still there today and people go there all the time. his experience doing this was a big part of how he got hired for the rushmore job

Stone Mountain, like Rushmore, is also on stolen indigenous land. The fact that it was made it into a hideous monument to traitorous men is the shit icing on the insult cake.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know who their son is but if anyone finds out please tell me so I can put him in my will.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    I mean, I also did that. Granted my dad has no idea I did it and has no idea as to why it happened at all.

Mom knows and she approves.

• Options
    You're in my will now

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Great. What do I get?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    My parents are tech savvy enough to fix their own channels, but I've also made it explicit to them that I think their political party is a terrorist organization and their religion is a death cult, and if they ever try to make those things intrude into my life again that it will be the last time we ever interact while they are alive.

So mostly at family gatherings we talk about Doctor Who.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
This discussion has been closed.