As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Slow down this is an [Animal Crossing] thread

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Wait, is there a limit to ramps and bridges?

I'm wondering this as well.

Could one conceivably make a ridiculously tall diving platform? Would that work?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's 8 ramps and 8 bridges and I think you can build a fifth tier but can't stand on it. My island came with a little high point and I remember I couldn't climb it to put Godzilla up there.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    It's 8 ramps and 8 bridges and I think you can build a fifth tier but can't stand on it. My island came with a little high point and I remember I couldn't climb it to put Godzilla up there.

This is correct. It is possible to glitch up there and place something but not currently intended. The max is indeed 8 bridges and 8 ramps. I’ve had to get creative to do everything I’ve wanted to without more ramps as a result sadly.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Anyone opening up for this fishing tourney?

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I turned on the game at 6.20pm and found out the fishing tourney ended at 6 so turned back the clock to 4, participated once and then rejoined the present time. No regrets. I am not waiting a whole year to get that nook mile stamp.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The fishing events would be 10 times better if CJ sold bait

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Or if they were not so up the whim like Largest fish or Number of fish

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    limberg wanted to move out so I let him because he's gross looking and spent the afternoon rolling the dice on island tickets for a new villager

somehow, out of all the possible options, I saw one character appear 5 times out of the 25 or so rolls. eventually fauna showed up and I decided to cut my losses there

almost stopped at dobie though for old wolf

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Or if they were not so up the whim like Largest fish or Number of fish

If you use bait you can get a pretty consistent 9-12 fish every 3 minutes. The bait is the problem, though.

I didn't mind too much, today I just collected 10 clams after every contest round and went into the next round with 10 bait.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Thanks to everyone who contributed/is contributing to next week's T&D!

Final round of Week 3's items (Blue Corner - Cardboard Box) is happening now. Dodo code 812D3. I'll be opening this up on turnip exchange in a bit but it'll be private for an hour or so. :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need one more of that fish so I can get flick to make an inch tall model that I will promptly loose.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Snow crabs are wily, I had to chase one around half the map before I snagged it.

• Options
    Snow crabs are wily, I had to chase one around half the map before I snagged it.

My brother chased a isopod around the map for a good 5 minutes before it cornered it against the shore

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have yet to see an isopod or the crab

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Final round of Week 3's items (Blue Corner - Cardboard Box) is happening now. Dodo code 812D3. I'll be opening this up on turnip exchange in a bit but it'll be private for an hour or so. :D
    Any chance you still have these sitting around? I’m a dummy and missed it

• Options
    Repose is open for the evening! I am afk
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Any chance you still have these sitting around? I’m a dummy and missed it

Yes, no problem! I'm aiming to set things out from week 2 sometime in the next couple days; and then I'll set out week 3's stuff again a few days from there. Is there any afternoon that works best for you this week?

signature.png
  • Options
    I get home at ~6 eastern most nights. Any day would work for me after then.
    Thanks!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hey best buy restocked enough that I could actually order a switch at retail!

I'll be getting it in the next few days hopefully

• Options
    Eugene is packing up today! Please find a place in your homes/hearts for him

f6n49wp8a97n.png

signature.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Tia just moved in for me today, apologies to folks for forgetting to say that Katt was in boxes yesterday. I'm sure someone would have loved to nab a cat who's into rock and roll.

Anyways, it just occurred to me that all my female villagers have the Normal personality now, and I am completely undecided on how I'm going to remedy that. All of them are great!

• Options
    I am having a minor meteor shower right now and Celeste is also here. I'll be AFK but she was last sighted on the beach south of the Museum. I placed all the Pirate items on the hill above the museum if anyone want sot stop by and shoot some cannons!

• Options
    This is the second time Isabell gave the heads up there will be a shooting star event tonight and my brother who is able to play far more than I is annoyed she does not give it for him

Since the day they did the update in the middle of the night and shut me out of selling my turnips I started to use the turnip exchange as a backup but the things people ask for as a fee or gate entry fee

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Here’s my secret turnip hack:
    Search twitter for “turnip” and filter the results to most recent.
    Within the last minute, someone with like three followers has posted that they’re going for 550+ on their island.
    Send that person a polite dm asking for their dodo code.
    Go there, sell your stuff, leave a nice tip.

This has worked like 5 or 6 times. Definitely don’t try on a Saturday though — lots of people trolling with fake prices and the reals ones flooded by other people desperate to sell.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Good News! Redd is here, and he had TWO genuine paintings today! So I'm opening up #ffa500 for the next lil while. The first person who wants this
    6x4cz9etd14n.jpg
    the Dodo is 08T8F

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    This is the second time Isabell gave the heads up there will be a shooting star event tonight and my brother who is able to play far more than I is annoyed she does not give it for him

Since the day they did the update in the middle of the night and shut me out of selling my turnips I started to use the turnip exchange as a backup but the things people ask for as a fee or gate entry fee

There's also a Reddit community (I know) called NoFeeAC that is generally good folks that won't charge fees. You'll just have to kind of keep an eye on it, and it isn't exclusively for turnips.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what's going on but I have had 3 meteor showers in the past 2 weeks, 2 of which Isabelle didn't announce. I could actually afford to make one of the Zodiac recipes for the first time.

Also a little pro tip: if you put a tape deck on top of the Cancer table it looks like he's doing a Say Anything.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Right, so, turns out, you can only by one thing from Redd each day. Even if they're two different Redd's from two different islands.

So @WeX Majors Glowing Painting is still up for sale.

Still... thanks for the opportunity to, uh, learn this.

• Options
    Console didn't like being connected that long and dropped the connection, so I'm gonna try this later on the day, probably around 8 est if any of y'all want this painting.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    What are the fakes? I sort of have a project I'm working on...

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    There's Fake David which until today, if you had asked, I would have said with 100% certainty they removed his Junk. But, thankfully, they just gave him a book to read. There's also the Smaurai with the sad eyebrows.
    There's also an orange blender and a razer scooter I think?

• Options
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    There's Fake David which until today, if you had asked, I would have said with 100% certainty they removed his Junk. But, thankfully, they just gave him a book to read. There's also the Smaurai with the sad eyebrows.
    There's also an orange blender and a razer scooter I think?

I'd be happy with the fake David if you end up reopening tonight.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I have a beach full of recipes, most of them probably pretty common, but if anyone wants to come rummage through them I'm opening up now with Dodo code BBQL8 (haven't added a lot of friends on here).

It's 8:10am here and I'm in the southern hemisphere for fishing and bug catching needs. Nothing exciting in Nooks, turnips selling for 107 so I guess a profit is possible and Able Sisters isn't open yet.

Julian is crafting a 'Golden Casket' in the SW of the island.

Any recipes still on the beach (just east of the airport) will be sold tomorrow most likely so if you think you know someone who might need something just take it.

Edit: Oh and no useful visitor, got Flick today.

Second edit: Just remembered my wife has recently taught some of our islanders to say 'Dickbiscuit' and 'Twatwaffle' so I guess parental warnings should be in place haha

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    furxq0pg8uqm.jpg

Ah there we go! Good news, I managed to Time Travel to yesterday a few times and I've now picked up a few extra paintings for my museum!

An interesting point I learned from my Quantum Leap, Nook's Cranny has a set item list each day. Able's does NOT, and neither did Kick's every time I traveled to the Present Time when he showed up.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    McFodder wrote: »
    I have a beach full of recipes, most of them probably pretty common, but if anyone wants to come rummage through them I'm opening up now with Dodo code BBQL8 (haven't added a lot of friends on here).

It's 8:10am here and I'm in the southern hemisphere for fishing and bug catching needs. Nothing exciting in Nooks, turnips selling for 107 so I guess a profit is possible and Able Sisters isn't open yet.

Julian is crafting a 'Golden Casket' in the SW of the island.

Any recipes still on the beach (just east of the airport) will be sold tomorrow most likely so if you think you know someone who might need something just take it.

Edit: Oh and no useful visitor, got Flick today.

Second edit: Just remembered my wife has recently taught some of our islanders to say 'Dickbiscuit' and 'Twatwaffle' so I guess parental warnings should be in place haha

Can’t connect - I think someone might have left a menu or dialogue open.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Just had someone leave so should be okay now sorry.

Switch went to sleep so new code - 70R2J

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I'll be opening for week 4 of the alphabetical touch and drop this evening. :D There'll also be other chances (Friday evening, and Sunday afternoon) so if you miss today's, don't worry!

Also, if you've missed any of the prior sessions, let me know. I don't mind laying things out!

signature.png