As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Fireball ignite prolif build just got more damage for bosses weeeee

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Confirmed by Bex, flame wall will work with projectiles from totems.

Also I noticed a cool detail- frost shield changes the color of your energy shield on the health orb.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm just thinking these will be annoying mods on rare monsters.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    e1n4e0kwvsta.png
    More steampunk swords.

• Options
    Also the post on curses went up yesterday, Hexblast looks interesting:
    Hexblast
    This is a new skill gem that calls down a beam of chaos damage on the target. If the target is cursed with a hex, it consumes that hex and causes a shockwave around that enemy. Similar to Impending Doom, the more Doom the supported hex built up, the greater damage the skill deals.

Although Hexblast is a chaos damage spell, it has some elemental-themed properties that make it special. For one, the damage it deals has the ability to ignite, shock or freeze. Secondly, it deals damage based on the lowest resistance the enemy has! For example, this lets you use an offensive hex such as Flammability and still make use of the fire resistance reduction that it provides.

https://youtu.be/ovHT6v8_6AI

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    NGL I kinda fucking hate what they're doing with Marks.

e: To clarify:
    Marks apply the curse debuff on a single target and cannot be applied to more than one target. We've created new passive skills that apply specifically to marks and marked enemies. We're aiming to move Marks towards being more dexterity-aligned as a mechanic, so these passives will be closer to the Ranger area of the passive tree.

Curses that are considered Marks are Warlord's Mark, Poacher's Mark, Assassin's Mark and Sniper's Mark (which is the reworked Projectile Weakness).

Marks will affect bosses fully and not be reduced like Hexes are, and are supposed to be rebalanced to make them worth casting on a single target, but I honestly can't imagine wasting time on casting them on anything but a boss with these changes.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    I am a bit tired of chaos skills being green or purple only. I want some nasty, sickly-looking colors like pasty, olive, light-red, moldy and gangrenous hues that convey sickness and decay. The Dead Space devs intentionally gave the monsters and their vomit attacks colors that evoked disgusted responses in people.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I am a bit tired of chaos skills being green or purple only. I want some nasty, sickly-looking colors like pasty, olive, light-red, moldy and gangrenous hues that convey sickness and decay. The Dead Space devs intentionally gave the monsters and their vomit attacks colors that evoked disgusted responses in people.

I disagree, it needs more purple.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    looks like that patch is available now

... the asset loading is even more wonky now

be careful if you're and hc player with this patch, I've got all kinds of invisible shit now

mccart on
  • Options
    OH LAWD HE COMIN

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Dac wrote: »
    NGL I kinda fucking hate what they're doing with Marks.

e: To clarify:
    Marks apply the curse debuff on a single target and cannot be applied to more than one target. We've created new passive skills that apply specifically to marks and marked enemies. We're aiming to move Marks towards being more dexterity-aligned as a mechanic, so these passives will be closer to the Ranger area of the passive tree.

Curses that are considered Marks are Warlord's Mark, Poacher's Mark, Assassin's Mark and Sniper's Mark (which is the reworked Projectile Weakness).

Marks will affect bosses fully and not be reduced like Hexes are, and are supposed to be rebalanced to make them worth casting on a single target, but I honestly can't imagine wasting time on casting them on anything but a boss with these changes.

TBF most of the DEX builds out there don't have any issue with clearing packs of baddies, but definitely suffer on single-hit killing. A lot of ranger builds these days have 2 6L skills necessary, sometimes on 2 bows you X out, or have to swap gems.

There's more than enough nuke for INT to be a boss mauler but you can get overwhelmed by large groups.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Brody wrote: »

I disagree, it needs more purple.

Half of my... considerable... mtx is purple.

Purple is the truth.

Edit: Oh and the new supporter pack is purple well

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/KUcy3O7-f0A
    New and reworked skills. Some look great, some look amazing.

• Options
    Oh fuck, what do I even play now?

Blazing Salvo looks neat. But I could be dropping meteors on fools! But I could also Palpatine some motherfuckers! AAAAAAAHHHH

• Options
    Oh man, I dunno now. The steel rework sounds fun but those meteors look sick. Salvo too. The fire effects have been on point lately.

Then again, I started wondering if you could mangle together a guardian with sentinels that beat up cursed enemies while Doom builds, then pop off a Hexblast boosted by spiritual aid. Probably not, but sounded neat anyway.

• Options
    I kinda want to try blazing salvo just for fire wall shenanigans, but dropping meteors looks really fun, too.

I feel like the single target won't be up to snuff for meteors, so might need a secondary fire skill? Hmmm

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering how nuts Crackling Lance + Intensify + Archmage could get. Need to see some numbers on this.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    the steel skills look cool bolded some interesting mechanics
    Splitting Steel
    Splitting Steel is a new low level skill that uses the shard mechanic. Each use fires a single shard that explodes into additional projectiles when it hits an enemy or reaches the targeted location, creating smaller shards that fly towards nearby enemies before detonating in smaller explosions. The skill has some added physical damage and a chance to impale, something that wasn't previously accessible at such low levels.

Changes have been made to the Split mechanic that means Splitting now occurs before other projectile behaviours; This means that Fork, Pierce or Chain would take place after Split has generated all of the additional projectiles, opening up all sorts of interesting ways to take advantage of these mechanics.

Call of Steel
    Call of Steel is a secondary skill granted as long as you have any of the Steel gems equipped. It lets you detonate all impales on enemies in a very large range, causing them to deal their stored impale damage in a small area around them. This includes any dead enemies whose corpses are impaled.

Call of Steel also generates Shards that can be used by any of the Steel skills, generating one for each impaled enemy in range as well as 4 shards when first used, then another 4 every half a second until you're at the maximum of 12 shards. Using a steel skill will interrupt this ongoing recharge, so it's best to time your use of this to when you'll be performing other actions if you don't have enough impaled enemies nearby.

Shattering Steel
    Shattering Steel has received some changes to make the skill more flexible at the cost of consuming two shards. Shattering Steel projectiles can no longer hit the same target multiple times, but instead deal much more damage up close when consuming shards. The skill now has four additional projectiles (from two) and projectile distance is now more reliably modified by projectile speed. Projectiles still explode in a cone area when they stop, and these areas can hit a target multiple times if you can get them to overlap.

The skill now grants buffs that give a chance to block whenever you use it while consuming a shard. You can have up to 6 of these buffs that grant block chance, each with its own duration, so you've got to keep using the skill frequently to keep the bonus active. These give a sizable defensive advantage to keep you alive when getting up close for those deadly close range shots.

Lancing Steel
    Lancing Steel has been completely reworked. Using the attack now consumes 4 shards, creating a whirling cluster of shards pointing forward. The cluster rapidly fires out its projectiles, aiming towards enemies in front at great range or enemies in any direction close to the cluster. The projectiles target enemies the cluster hasn't hit first, letting the cluster pick off weaker enemies before focusing on remaining targets. The projectiles deal more damage to targets that haven't yet been hit by each cluster of shards, to make the skill much more effective at taking out very large groups of enemies that are spread out.

Additional projectiles add to the total number of projectiles each cluster fires, with 50% more projectiles fired for each shard consumed. This means that the skill usually fires three times its number of projectiles at a fixed rate, creating a hail of shards that deal a devastating salvo of damage, especially when combined with the impale effect. You can have multiple clusters active at once, limited only by how fast you can generate Shards.

Because of the high shard cost, you'll likely want to invest in a chance to impale, so that you've got more shards in enemies to draw out with Call of Steel.
    Discharge
    Discharge is another long standing Path of Exile skill that hasn't received much balance attention due to how dependent it has been on specific mechanics that can very rapidly generate charges, forcing the balance to be focused on a small handful of unique items that can generate huge numbers of charges as quickly as you can use the skill. To make the skill more accessible, Discharge’s base damage has been almost tripled and its area of effect now scales significantly with the number of charges consumed, but it has been given a short cooldown. This makes keeping up with charge generation much more manageable for a wider selection of builds. Its damage penalty when triggered has been replaced by a damage penalty to ailments, as it can now create a very devastating ignite.

To preserve the classic trigger Discharge playstyle, a new threshold jewel called Endless Misery has been added which sets the cooldown of Discharge to a much lower value, but also comes with penalties to its damage and area of effect, bringing it closer to (though superior in many setups) the previous iteration of Discharge.

It has also received a visual overhaul to bring it on par with modern skill effects and improve its performance.

GOOD

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ya, this video made splitting look more interesting than the initial announcement with all that chaining. And it sounds like the new lancing will adjust aim which is also cool.

Steel champ sounds like a pretty safe choice that could fall back on cyclone, which I haven’t tried yet either.

• Options
    I want to try Steel Deadeye, but I feel like it'll end up just being something where I wish I went Champ instead.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I want to try Steel Deadeye, but I feel like it'll end up just being something where I wish I went Champ instead.

i did an old lancing steel coc deadeye stacking +projectiles, snakepit and chain etc was v fun

could be fun with the new mechanic too if u can hit the impale chance u need because u can launder all those long duration spitters into spell dispensers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22FecllCwQ4

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hierophant Crackling Lance with that Sigil of Power thing might be sublime but I also feel this league will reward moving about and doing damage without standing still too much.

Absalon on
  • Options
    i mean its like clarke said any sufficiently advanced build has screen clear indistinguishable from magic so just pick what seems cool

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I think they said the timers are only if you set off the alarm, and only to lock down the curios. I’m pretty sure you won’t get evicted like an incursion, so whatever sounds fun should work.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I think they said the timers are only if you set off the alarm, and only to lock down the curios. I’m pretty sure you won’t get evicted like an incursion, so whatever sounds fun should work.

correct
    after the lockdown, curios and chests get locked and all the keystone cops show up, then you have to get the fuck out

• Options
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

Wow. That might be legit the best weapon I've seen for my warcry bleed-EQ character from Harvest, at least as far as mods go. Base damage seems a little low compared to the slow normal bases.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

Wow. That might be legit the best weapon I've seen for my warcry bleed-EQ character from Harvest, at least as far as mods go. Base damage seems a little low compared to the slow normal bases.

Right, but how much is a bonus exert going to benefit the cries that scale on each use?

• Options
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

Right, but how much is a bonus exert going to benefit the cries that scale on each use?

like a million? I just dunno how to track that against additional base damage.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

this turns seismic 5th hit into 180% more dmg

its really really strong

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    i really wanted generals cry to be good

let us see if they do the mechanical changes it needs (they probs wont)

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I want to see the damage on some of these skill gems and the actual wording on what Glacial Cascade does on self-cast vs not. Glacial Cascade on Arcanist Brand with a Disintegrator on an Occultist or Inquisitor might really fuck some shit up.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    My favorite skills in D2 were Meteor and Firewall, so this patch has me pretty hyped. I am worried that Firewall isn't going to be good enough to be anything but a supporting skill. Also that Meteor is going to be a "why not just use fireball" skill. Still, I can't wait for patch notes, skill gem levels, and for someone to make a build for either skill. I usually don't go for the new skill at league start, so it should be fun!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I want to see the damage on some of these skill gems and the actual wording on what Glacial Cascade does on self-cast vs not. Glacial Cascade on Arcanist Brand with a Disintegrator on an Occultist or Inquisitor might really fuck some shit up.

secretly it already did

disintegrator adds about 90% MORE damage to old gc due to its 500 flat phys

then u stack %all damage as chaos from say occultist (u can run it with doedres skin for 64% free, then it also gives some, whack on a little extra from other sources)

ok so far so good

now u go pyre + cold to fire on a 100% cold gc w/ hatred, herald of ash and herald of purity. hatred double dips because its both a phys and a cold spell, and the base damage of purity multiplies out all the damage at all stages

das a free triple dip on the chaos damage baby (call it 100% all damage as chaos with good gear, ur now at 300%...)

but wait theres more... gc can multi hit...

ya its very dum

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    zl3jjwzjg4sn.png
    SHATTER! SCATTER!

this turns seismic 5th hit into 180% more dmg

its really really strong

Also this build 100% takes the additional exerted hit from the passive tree, so it's actually the 6th hit that gets even chunkier.

• Options
    Anyone have any good ideas for a new thread title? I was thinking something like [Path of Exile] 3.12 Heist! Wilson's Eleven launches 09/18

• Options
    Obvs it should be Wilson's Twelve. Or maybe Patches Twelve, hide your casinos.

• Options
    I just remembered that Call of Steel creates one shard per impaled enemy in range. That won't be good for bossing.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I just remembered that Call of Steel creates one shard per impaled enemy in range. That won't be good for bossing.

Plus a default number.

Edit: 4 + 1, and an additional slow gain that is interrupted by using a steel skill.

Brody on