As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Phew, found a Cortex today, right after surviving an Intervention attack during a Maraketh Legion on an increased monster damage plus monster crit Atoll. Nice try, douchebags. In a day or two, if I don't die needleslly, I will have reached level 96, which will be a first for me.

Absalon on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    returned to ritual after a few weeks hiatus, it appears all trade is broken most of the time?

i rerolled into a build i wanted to try for a bit, ancestral cry strikes + warbringer for more damage on the exerted attacks

so i made a shouty man who explodes packs with his fists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPoB9Az14BM

infernal blow + cold conversion on tree, hatred + herald of ash

hallowed palm so im dex stacking karate man

rigwald neck for some claw nodes and to activate blitz charges

trinity support seems insanely powerful, 20 pen + 50 more elemental? and i can flask triple dip? hell ya

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Spent all my money on this:
    qvh6dqx4uurs.png

I actually made this one myself!
    0hiz6axze1vv.png
    I'm not 100% sure why it has a plus intelligence enchant, uh just ignore that!

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Nice ones!

Iโ€™ve been wondering, would that quality give you 3% attack speed or 3.75%?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Looks like 3%. Normal thicket bow is 1.5 attacks per second, *1.03 is 1.545 or 1.55

I still need to work up my courage to vaal my empower and see if I can get level 30 toxic rain.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yesterday was the first time in which I had a craft succeed at what I wanted it to do.

I had a ring with no life. I crafted life onto it. Then I used a harvest Annul+Exalt Life craft and it gave me T1 Life on the Ring.

I was so shocked I had to look again. Now I just need to find a Fire annul harvest craft.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Patch 3.13.1c introduced an issue with players' challenges which is significant enough that we will need to roll back the PC realm to its state before this patch was deployed. This means progress earned in that ten minutes will be lost. We are deeply sorry about this.

Well that's always a good sign.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I mean we know their QA is nonexistant.

Hopefully that guy I traded with goes back online for that jewel i bought.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    So if they're rolling back chances are they were handing out too much loot/xp and not the other way around

edit: also, Sirus is complete bullshit. I can't understand how they keep a fight like that in the game aside from bloody minded determination that someone doesn't want to admit it is poor design.

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I also have my first good bit of major luck (for me). I Boosted up an enlighten I found with some focus lens, hit level 3, and windmill slammed +1 level on it.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: ยป
    So if they're rolling back chances are they were handing out too much loot/xp and not the other way around

edit: also, Sirus is complete bullshit. I can't understand how they keep a fight like that in the game aside from bloody minded determination that someone doesn't want to admit it is poor design.

That's the second rollback they've done this league. Xbox had like 30 minutes rolled back after one of the early patches

• Options

Maybe they have a bizarre form of color blindness where they can only see things in shades of red/black and all other fights.... no that doesn't make sense.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hah, first ever level 96 for me and first Aul kill as well right after. Managed to beat him without getting close to dying (it was level 83, mind) and he gave me a Determination Uprising with max armour and life rolls right away. Possibly 3ex right there.

• Options
    Aul is GGG's best boss fight

shame hes so rare

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Cluster jewels are confusing.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Ranlin wrote: ยป
    Cluster jewels are confusing.

Fewer passives in the unchangeable enchant is better, but for a medium 5 is about as good as 4. More notables is a lot better but hard to get. On medium and small the notables are always prefixes I think. A large cluster can have two notables as prefix rolls and one as a suffix roll. Large clusters always have two jewel sockets, and mediums one. Medium Clusters can go in Large Clusters' sockets, Small Clusters can go in Large and Medium Clusters'.

You can sell 5 of one type to get a new one.

More importantly, the enchant that says "Passives grant:" decide what notables can roll on the cluster jewel. Buying bases with the ideal passive number enchant+the right "grant" enchant for your build and rolling them when you feel like it could end up saving you a bunch.

Edit: first deathless Shaper too. I could even clumsily tank one of his teleport slams.

Absalon on
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

They rolled back because the patch broke everyone's challenges.

• Options
    I bought a cheap pet one from a high lvl necro who...despite selling it to me went on to at length tell me how shit it was and what would be better.

Looking at the list of notables though...given that I'm pretty an exceedingly passive zombie/spectre necro to deal with the frequent freezes, I was pretty fine with a super cheap one that would only give me flat hp, chaos resist and dex per point (well, and the minion damage base).

So fewer passives I assume are better so you can get the notables + reach the medium sockets faster. Which sounds great for most builds, but less important for what I'm stuck working with right now. At least without a big investment that I'm a long ways off from.

Do points placed in a medium gem give only what the medium gem grants per point, or does it also give the large cluster small benefits since it's soooorta part of it?

• Options
    Only the Medium's mods and enchant affect the Medium's passives.

• Options
    Do you have to spend a refund point for every node if you want to swap gems?

• Options
    Naw, you don't need to "empty" a cluster to take it out, you spend one refund point to get rid of the whole thing and if you have allocated points on there, they are all refunded at the cost of one refund point. Naturally, if you have a Medium in a Large, you can't just take out the Large and refund the whole shebang at once.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Cluster Jewels seem like they can be pretty good if you get a nicely rolled one!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Cluster jewels are an upgrade for a definite majority of valid builds, at the cost of having to roll suitable jewels and requiring a jaunt to the outer edges of the tree, where not every build ideally wants to be.

Absalon on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This crash and lose your hideout instance and thus your map is pretty shitty even on a ggg level.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yes that sucks!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    This crash and lose your hideout instance and thus your map is pretty shitty even on a ggg level.

This happens when you lose your connection to your gateway. It's awful but one of those consequences of the game being online. Would be nice if your local instance could be held until you reconnect to the gateway and restore it there, but that's one potential avenue for hacking shenanigans.

If it starts happening I just switch gateways for a little while. It rarely is just a one-off thing.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

This happens when you lose your connection to your gateway. It's awful but one of those consequences of the game being online. Would be nice if your local instance could be held until you reconnect to the gateway and restore it there, but that's one potential avenue for hacking shenanigans.

If it starts happening I just switch gateways for a little while. It rarely is just a one-off thing.

I know that is what causes the instance crash but there was some issue with multiple gateways last night for lots of people it looks like. I never have this issue but there was something going on that they must have hotfixed out or something.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Tonight was a night for money. Corrupted -1mana reserve on a primordial might. Had 3 ex drop. Had a cortex drop. And did maven for first time in league who dropped an orb.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Last map of the night was a Zana map, who had a Cortex, so of course I ran it because I've never done one. Managed deathless, which I guess isn't a surprise because once I popped my vaal summon skeletons, I nearly instantly phased the last two boss phases. This was the haul:
    aca3rraasspq.png
    Pretty happy how that went down.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I attempted Uber Atziri for the first time and I don't really understand why I kept dying instantly.

I know not to hit the clone holding the mirror, it was happening outside of the the split phase.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Peewi wrote: ยป
    I attempted Uber Atziri for the first time and I don't really understand why I kept dying instantly.

I know not to hit the clone holding the mirror, it was happening outside of the the split phase.

She is extremely dangerous and luck feels like a big part of it. You need very solid elemental defenses when she is throwing flameblasts and storm calls around and her fan of bleed projectiles can do you in quick.

Absalon on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Getting hit by a storm call is not the worst thing in the world, but her bleeds and especially her flameblasts will fuck you straight up. Avoid at all costs.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    If you have any lag whatsoever you probably died from any number of her attacks which one shot you.

Am I going to say she is less fun then Sirus? I'm thinking about it.

Out of curiosity how would the mirror interact with toxic rain?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Uber atziri has 2 % reflect in all phases, not just mirror

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Well that's silly.

This game is silly.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: ยป

Well that's silly.

This game is silly.

Atziri is a fight from 2014

The uber version is still considered dangerous enough that most HC players don't even attempt it

I don't know what that says about the encounter design

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    With the purchases from all that money I got my safe dmg on my carrion golems up to 2mil sirus dps per golem. If other things are in place like full pride effect and the golems being full life the dmg goes up significantly.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have done 3 Cortices this league, including my first ever! I have gotten 2 Bottled Faiths. Apparently this makes me a *checks notes*
    Lucker
    I also made this, in a fucking hilarious turn of fate.
    4lrvpulznsd2.jpg

• Options
    I have done 3 Cortices this league, including my first ever! I have gotten 2 Bottled Faiths. Apparently this makes me a *checks notes*
    Lucker
    I also made this, in a fucking hilarious turn of fate.
    4lrvpulznsd2.jpg

Double corrupt Kaom's are regularly some of my favorite items. So many hilarious outcomes.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Ugh end of league timeline announcement and I haven't even gotten to a ten boss fight or A8 yet. No craftable watchstones or progress on half the challenges.
    You really have to play this thing too much to see it all.

I'm really loving toxic rain. I think I might play it again if Harvest stays in the rotation. I actually killed phoenix without dying.

Speaking of Phoenix, what is the time line here?
    Some guy goes into atlas meets the friendly elder. They hang out, Elder asks him to take a sword, guy freaks out. High Templar takes out sword, guy gets kidnapped by 4 guys. Guy has tentacles on his face, captors now work for tentacle face, Tentacle face binds elder, elder and tentacle face become best buddies, Sirus & crew kill shaper, Sirus merges with elder, Maven gets bored and starts watching things, Envoy get annoyed no one is listening to boring pointless monologues so he starts hanging out in maps hoping to make friends?

38thDoE on steam