As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I really need to up my early act speedrunning game, I keep burning out and making alts before I even get to my proper build because everything I want to run needs me to reach the library merchant at bare minimum to either start or to feel satisfying. Which isn't far in at all, but I'm sloooow.

As an aside, playing this alongside Nioh 2 made it finally click for me that Nioh doesn't just have "Diablo loot", it's an ARPG hidden beneath a Souls combat veneer. The loot, build for one or two ways of dealing damage, mechanics only relevant to or unlocked in the post-game, the expectation of clearing increasingly difficult random maps forever, etc.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I used the new corrected ball lightning dps calculator and figured my ball lightning does just short of 12m dps when heart of destruction is inactive, and just over 10 million while active.

COMPLETELY forgetting to factor in that each sequential orb has increasing aoe, so my dps is actually closer to double that. Feels pretty okay. I'm also 2 for 2 on Awakener's Orbs off A8 Sirus after being 0 for 20~ last league.

What sort of build is this?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Going stave bleed EQ with Jugg.

60% block on spells and attacks, consistent fortify, 40k armor with pots popped, etc.

I just want something a bit less squishy.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what to do working on this bleed bow glad. I'be got Assailum. I guess grabbing a 6l Belly should be a pretty easy upgrade, but other than that I'm looking at ex+ for most pieces to replace them. And the bow is going to take a ton to craft.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Hah, Sirus deathless even when tanking some of his shit with debuffs on (only awake 4 but that is good for me because it has been a bit since I fought him), sold stuff for 8 ex, got a Saffell's with phys taken as fire and a decent marble amulet.

Now I have 90 fire res, 50% of cold and lightning taken as fire, 80 cold and lightning res, 17 % of phys as fire, pretty big life and ES with big regen of both, and my Flame Wall and Righteous Fire are level 23.

Now I need better gear with big ele res mods, more chaos res and more life, and the last goals are a dual influenced amulet with more global gem levels, a sceptre with two global gem mods as well as fire over time and trigger, a good Elder helmet with essence of horror craft, explody chest with phys taken as fire, and better clusters. My damage can definitely get better but I am balanced overall.

Good thing I stuck to this build, it isn't fast but it suits me.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    Hah, Sirus deathless even when tanking some of his shit with debuffs on (only awake 4 but that is good for me because it has been a bit since I fought him), sold stuff for 8 ex, got a Saffell's with phys taken as fire and a decent marble amulet.

Now I have 90 fire res, 50% of cold and lightning taken as fire, 80 cold and lightning res, 17 % of phys as fire, pretty big life and ES with big regen of both, and my Flame Wall and Righteous Fire are level 23.

Now I need better gear with big ele res mods, more chaos res and more life, and the last goals are a dual influenced amulet with more global gem levels, a sceptre with two global gem mods as well as fire over time and trigger, a good Elder helmet with essence of horror craft, explody chest with phys taken as fire, and better clusters. My damage can definitely get better but I am balanced overall.

Good thing I stuck to this build, it isn't fast but it suits me.

This reads as a list of items Ive never seen in game.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I have been playing since the beta and I am definitely talking about 'best in slot' gear. This game rewards optimizing but it is possible to do everything with less nutty gear.

Absalon on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How did you get sirus A4? He didn’t pop up until A5 for me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How did you get sirus A4? He didn’t pop up until A5 for me.

Well I got him at A4, and when I slotted the watchstone I got from Veritania it turned into level 5, but I could have fought him before slotting in the 20th watchstone I think.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I haven't been particularly thorough with checking my influenced rares, but I happened to check this one in Awakened PoE Trade and apparently it's valuable.

S5lm7HB.png?1

How the hell does one price items? If I search for belts with 30+ resist, 90+ life and 50%+ cold damage with attacks, the listings start at a couple of ex, but most of the listings also happen to be on stygian vises.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Just based on what I've seen trolling trade this season, you would probably be looking at an ex max for something like that (with a bit of luck), and it would be potentially a very niche, slow, sale. That to me is a 15-30c belt, and even then might take a little bit of time to sell. The base hurts it (not stygian, like you said), and the fact that belts very often get used as some pretty major hp/resist/stat dump pieces, leaves this in a very weird spot (pretty good hp, pretty bad resists, pretty good offensive potential). But yeah, I dunno, I've sold crazy stuff for a ton of currency, and ive sold 'solid' stuff for like 5-15c, just depending on when/where you hit in the league.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    hush wrote: »
    Just based on what I've seen trolling trade this season, you would probably be looking at an ex max for something like that (with a bit of luck), and it would be potentially a very niche, slow, sale. That to me is a 15-30c belt, and even then might take a little bit of time to sell. The base hurts it (not stygian, like you said), and the fact that belts very often get used as some pretty major hp/resist/stat dump pieces, leaves this in a very weird spot (pretty good hp, pretty bad resists, pretty good offensive potential). But yeah, I dunno, I've sold crazy stuff for a ton of currency, and ive sold 'solid' stuff for like 5-15c, just depending on when/where you hit in the league.

Its also got an open suffix, which makes it harder to price.

• Options
    Two exalts from the first lab Metamorph, thanks much.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hi all, just downloaded this last night to give it a spin. So far it's a fun game though I have no idea what I'm doing

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hi all, just downloaded this last night to give it a spin. So far it's a fun game though I have no idea what I'm doing

The game is stupid deep. Take it one bit at a time and be prepared for your first character to hit the wall.

If you've got any questions please feel free to let us know.

• Options

My tip, if you don't want to be overwhelmed, is to look at a few videos and see what looks fun and flashy, then follow the corresponding build guide but not slavishly. Understanding how the mods/affixes on your gear, the points on the big skill tree and your skill gems interact is how you get better damage and defense in this game. There is always something to improve and you will always find better stuff when playing the story, so you can experiment a bit.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Once you play for 1000 hours or so you may have some idea how some of the game works.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Path of Exile is stupid complicated, but you don't really need to understand that complexity to finish the campaign.

However, if you stick with the game the campaign will be a small portion of the playtime.

• Options
    Heh, right when I was getting too cocky a Maven's Invitation with the four breachlords kicked my ass and I had to give up rather than lose all my progress towards level 95. I assume I have to beat all of them again to get another shot but I should be able to just buy the breachstones for very little.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I started the league with a Beeftain Blade Blast meta build, because I started one late in Heist but got that end league burnout so it never really got off the ground. It makes an excellent league starter, the first 40ish levels aren't as painful as people make it out to be (finding one or two +1 fire weapons for Purifying Flame mostly props it up) and it's insanely tanky from start to finish.

Got popped at 92 by Tolman in the Maven's Crucible (he corpse exploded the corpse of the boss, that most classic of rips) and I immediately restarted. On garbage gear it was handling everything, on round 2 with decent gear it's virtually unkillable and does respectable if uninspiring damage. Managed 140 atlas bonus completion, which inevitably means running a lot of dangerous corrupted T14+; in hardcore that's a risky prospect. The goal was to get the Legion map device option and start grinding New Vastir for emblems. I need a Glorious Vanity for my next project.

So far I'm 50ish maps into the Legion grind and I've seen maybe 10 raw emblem drops. Zero Vaal which sucks. Accumulated enough splinters to run 3 3-way and 2 4-way battles. Only one Lethal Pride and no other timeless jewels. Rip me. At 95 the build is a bit stalled until I can craft a body armor, shield, boots, ring, and amulet. With each of those pieces about halfway done I'm stuck looking for specific Harvest crafts to eventually have Flammability on hit (with Dex and res on an unset ring), ailment immunity (from Shaper boots, chest multimod, and Crystal Skin anoint), 79max res (Crystal Skin anoint, Shaper shield, Soul of Steel on the tree), life gain on block shield with 70/70+ Glancing Blows, about 2k regen and 1500 life leech not removed at full life (Soul Tether is my one true love) and an ehp pool of 9500ish. With 6 endurance charges and 6000+ armor before flasks.

But Harvest needs to give me a couple things before I feel tanky enough to do really hard shit

So I've been working on something extremely non-meta for HC: a Martyr of Innocence CoC Purifying Flame Inquisitor. At 90 it feels pretty good with room to grow. But until I get a Glorious Vanity it's about 40% less durable than I want it to be. So the Legion grind continues. Eventually it'll have 13000 ehp with 4000 total regen and 1300 leech (Soul Tether again) and 4 endurance charges with 70/35 full strength block plus ailment immunity built in. Sitting at 900k DPS or so which is about half of where I expect it to end up, really pushing the gear could get it to 2.5 to 3 mil and a tanky softcore version that dies like once every hundred maps could probably get to 5 million. CoC is fun and I've never tried it on account of HC limiting much you can invest in the basics it needs to work (attack speed, accuracy, crit multi). So far I think managed to thread the needle. We'll see how it goes.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Started as a Templar, no idea on named builds but I'm going for extra elemental damage and health so far

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Dunno if you are against it but you will most likely have way much more fun if you follow a build guide.

• Options
    I don't know where to look for "current" guides so I've been winging it

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    If you google "poe 3.13 templar league starter" you should be able to find some guides

You don't generally need to follow them strictly, you can adapt them to your liking.

It can be tough when you first start because this game is really deep and complex and not good at explaining shit. Its really rewarding and fun though

Edit: at some point it might even be worth watching or reading a generic "new players guide", just so you can learn some basic shit.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yeah plenty of youtubes as well if you look up ritual poe starter guides. The game can get aggrivating on first goes if you have to respec and such because of decisions that may not scale to the point in the game you are at.

That is what kept me off the game for a long while when it was newer. Well that and the desync issues but those are gone. Now we just have bad texture streaming to deal with!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    And I'm gonna have to stop at red maps.

Nioh 2 is out.

I might pick up where I left off later, but I think my hiatus from the game wasn't long enough. I started getting really frustrated when I shouldn't have been, and I couldn't focus in.

Maybe I will wait for PoE2 this time. Or I might be back next season, who knows.

Stay awesome, fellas.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    And I'm gonna have to stop at red maps.

Nioh 2 is out.

I might pick up where I left off later, but I think my hiatus from the game wasn't long enough. I started getting really frustrated when I shouldn't have been, and I couldn't focus in.

Maybe I will wait for PoE2 this time. Or I might be back next season, who knows.

Stay awesome, fellas.

I think I’m fairly close to the end of the ritual season too. I’m getting into the 13s and 14s and exploding; often to things I can’t tell what’s happening (I really wish there was a death recap feature.)

Luckily I hit 90 the other night so I didn’t feel bad about not making any level progress, but the deaths are getting frustrating.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    having a weird issue since last night where my game crashed at the very end of a lab just as I was running up to the plinth to choose my passives

since then, whenever I load into PoE, I can't load any other zone, and am stuck in part 2 act 8

whenever I try to zone anywhere else (hideout, lab, anywhere connected to Sarn) my game crashes

I have verified game files, moved back to DX11, reinstalled, and the problem persists

help?

• Options
    Contact GGG support. They're usually quick and helpful. I doubt there's anything someone on the forums could do to help with a crashing problem like that.

• Options
    Speaking of bugs, I recently ran in to the one where the Spider Lair boss refused to spawn. Seems to be an ongoing issue.

• Options
    Man i hope they fix this animation cancel on attack that causes my attacks to just not go a fair amount of time.

That and those invisible rooted mobs in a ritual... those are really annoying too.

• Options
    I'm looking at different Cyclone Slayer builds on POE ninja, using 2H axes or 2H swords. I see a lot of people taking the passive "Iron Grip" which has the effect "Strength's Damage bonus applies to Projectile Attack Damage as well as Melee Damage".

But I can't figure out where the projectile damage is coming from on any of the builds? Cyclone is melee. I can't see any projectile effects on any of the builds. If you have the chest mod "enemies you kill explode" does that count as a projectile?

Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

• Options
    edited February 2021
    If they were using Ngamahu's Flame, I could see the reason to pick that up (and point blank). But if there's no specific weapon being used I'd have to look at the profiles to figure it out.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    Here's an example of someone's build

The other people using it have similar layouts

• Options
    Oh, okay. They're using legion jewels that change the keystone to chainbreaker (at least in the example you linked).

• Options
    ohhhh I see now

I should have looked at it in PoB

Thanks!

• Options
    I'm confused why you would be using Chainbreaker with Cyclone? There are going to be a lot of hits.

• Options
    Holy...

I just double corrupted +1 gems +1 max res on a 6L cloak of defiance for someone in my guild. GG for money for that guy!

• Options
    Now at level 95 I feel like the damage is there and my chaos res is ticking up, but I need to be able to run scarier content or dps check content like Blight maps without losing my xp progression. Probably need more ideal large and medium cluster jewels with Burning Bright and the max number of other notables, but I don't have the currency to roll or buy them right now.

Another goal will likely be a juicy rare shield rather than a Saffell's, because the life and influenced mods you can get on those can't be ignored.

But I haven't taken out Shaper or Uber Elder yet, so I need to focus on where I am.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I used the new corrected ball lightning dps calculator and figured my ball lightning does just short of 12m dps when heart of destruction is inactive, and just over 10 million while active.

COMPLETELY forgetting to factor in that each sequential orb has increasing aoe, so my dps is actually closer to double that. Feels pretty okay. I'm also 2 for 2 on Awakener's Orbs off A8 Sirus after being 0 for 20~ last league.

What sort of build is this?

Elementalist Archmage mana stacking Ball Lightning.