As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I accidentally completed the IB quest on my hunter and forgot about the bug, but before I talked to Saladin, i logged in on my Titan and it cashed in the quest there (and I still got the quest rewards on my Hunter too). So only one I didn't get it on is my Warlock and tbh, I'll be ok.

There's a bug?

I think that since quest progress is shared you can grab it on multiple characters, complete it for all of them on one, and then turn it in on each character for multiple rolls on the rewards.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The issue is, if you turn it in to Saladin before the other characters have it, they can't get it. So, I had it done on my hunter but didn't turn it in, but just went to get it on my Titan, but because picking up the quest brought it to the last step, it also completed the quest to talk to Saladin so I couldn't go get it on my last guy.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Fate decreed that I would get it done on the 7th try. And goddamn it, I’ll take it.

0546c36f-893c-4102-96c7-fcab46091855.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=nRsqxM8ExgJyBbvF4mQYtwfTt6NmBu7nX7UKEifqI%2Fo%3D

Should have failed 2 more times first.

Almost did have one more failure. My one real close call that run came at the stupid elevator while going up to the boss room like @Catalase said happened to him, and I almost had a heart attack.

I’ll upload it later.
    Yeah. I don’t know if I’ve ever raged harder when that happened to me

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Two matches in a row of Iron Banner where I get no bounty progress and no tokens.

C'mon Bungie, fix this bug already.

EDIT: 3 in a row.

Arteen on
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Two matches in a row of Iron Banner where I get no bounty progress and no tokens.

Well, at least it's not just me.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    In the grand tradition of posting the two screenshots that make it look like you're better than Jay:

We played for a few games and in the second to last one we dragged our team kicking and screaming to a win:
    veFGgc8.png

Not content with that, we got basically the same team again and did the same thing again in our last game:
    NBFXIgb.png

Now some might say that connection based matchmaking is bad because it lets people like us do things like that to players that are obviously lesser skilled, and you're right, it does. But I have to be honest and say that from my perspective, compared to the bad-connection infested sweatlord-stacked brutality that Iron Banner used to be, this is way more fun.

• Options
    Yeah good games all around tonight. I think the changes to matchmaking have saved IB for me, it was such a gauntlet of pain before but now it's actually fun!

Obligatory murder evidence
    https://youtu.be/gBQGwksOD18
    o5cx8ffir301.png

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I seem to be having the opposite experience; the last few Iron Banners that I actually played in I played a lot and had a great time. Now I'm having flashbacks to the days of yore when 6v6 was a complete nightmare.

If I'm mucking around with bounties or something then we lose, horribly. I need to be sweating my ass off for us to even have a chance. I have no ass left! It has all been sweat off.

That said, I was messing around with snipers trying to get an umbral bounty done and boy howdy

Revoker sure is a war crime, huh. I've been using nothing but Chaperone so I'd forgotten.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Well, got myself up to 920 already and unlocked the ability to decrypt umbral engrams.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Small indie dev pls understand.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    They arent even trying anymore.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    what's the point of working bounties when your pinnacle drops all come in the same slot you already have maxed out

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I had one match as a solo against a 6 stack where we got massacred. I was dying to supers after ~2 minutes, and we were mercied after ~3 minutes. It was the only match I've ended below a 1.0. Every other match, win or lose, the worst efficiency I've had so far is a ~1.5 while playing really badly.

Pure connection-based matchmaking in Iron Banner is silly.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Finally got the last piece of CODA armor from the Dungeon for my Titan. Bring on the transmog info!
    Xagar wrote: »
    what's the point of working bounties when your pinnacle drops all come in the same slot you already have maxed out

I detest timegates as it is....what happened to you is just the bullshit added ontop :). That's why I felt no remorse doing the AFK thing in the forges....(although I played more than enough to exploit the glitch in the Umbrals, anyways, and there were faster ways to farm Umbrals).
    I had one match as a solo against a 6 stack where we got massacred. I was dying to supers after ~2 minutes, and we were mercied after ~3 minutes. It was the only match I've ended below a 1.0. Every other match, win or lose, the worst efficiency I've had so far is a ~1.5 while playing really badly.

Pure connection-based matchmaking in Iron Banner is silly.

When I run into a 6 stack in Banner, I just see how well I can do before the Mercy. That being said, I think the problems in Banner are exacerbated by people who don't want to be there, but have to be to get those 4 Pinnacles / tokens. I don't really blame the CBMM.

I've run into 6 stacks that lose / are way more competitive in normal Crucible, even with CBMM, than in Banner where it feels like an auto-lose. I think my team beat a 6 stack once last night.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So...I guess I'm the only one who likes Lonesome, eh?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    So...I guess I'm the only one who likes Lonesome, eh?
    I have a full auto one I like. I haven't looked at the stats, though, and assume it to be inferior to my energy sidearms or Rat King.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I like Lonesome. Keeps my energy slot free for Gnawing Hunger.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Once you notice it, immediately stop playing and try and fix it. It will not resolve itself on it's own. Or, if it does, it takes a long damn time. On PC I've found restarting the game almost always fixes the issue.

It's a pain in the ass but you have to occasionally check your bounty progress during matches to make sure it's registering. If it isn't, you've got the bug.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Once you notice it, immediately stop playing and try and fix it. It will not resolve itself on it's own. Or, if it does, it takes a long damn time. On PC I've found restarting the game almost always fixes the issue.

It's a pain in the ass but you have to occasionally check your bounty progress during matches to make sure it's registering. If it isn't, you've got the bug.

Apparently the "tell" for determining whether your match will progress the bounties is whether or not the match actually enforces "no Artifact power". So, just double check your power level as you fly in and back out if nothing changes.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Ya'll think I can pick up the ball game with this rig?
    jdd5je4fz39w.jpg

Also before that:
    Some kinda undead robot cowgirl, because the seasonal boots decoration is... some kinda.. chaps... situation?

nq7ibwt870xb.jpg

And before that just leaning into being a redhead:

hxvf7rg81c3n.jpg

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to take a break from mountaintop farming to finish IB. Mayhem+colony seems to work pretty well for getting the calculated trajectory medals but it is slow going. I just need to farm that up because I wanna try the solo prophecy thing. I'm finally at 1060 so that feels nice. I understand I also need some assortment of mods to make things easier so I'm going to have to figure out how to go farm those up too.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to take a break from mountaintop farming to finish IB. Mayhem+colony seems to work pretty well for getting the calculated trajectory medals but it is slow going. I just need to farm that up because I wanna try the solo prophecy thing. I'm finally at 1060 so that feels nice. I understand I also need some assortment of mods to make things easier so I'm going to have to figure out how to go farm those up too.

How was mayhem and Colony for the rapid multi-kill portion of the quest?

That's the only part I have left, and I'm at 70-something percent.

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    So, on another note, is the pursuit of getting the Wayfarer triumph, I've been spending a lot more time in the Dreaming City. I was always confused by it after I finished the Forsaken campaign. I wasn't really sure what to do there? Like Petra had a mission that repeated every week? Is that it?

Well, trying to do every possible thing that rewards legendary dreaming city drops has sure changed that attitude. It's just kind of annoying that I have to google so much of it, and it's so low key hidden compared to other patrol zones that have Adventures marked all over the map, and a quest chain. I just last week figured out the whole offering to the oracle thing, and why I'd even do it. Never been to Mara Sov's throne room. I've heard all the story bits that used to be there if you go are gone now, although you still get a loot and lore page if you go? Guess I have to catch up on that story with youtube.

• Options
    august wrote: »
    Ya'll think I can pick up the ball game with this rig?
    jdd5je4fz39w.jpg

Also before that:
    Some kinda undead robot cowgirl, because the seasonal boots decoration is... some kinda.. chaps... situation?

nq7ibwt870xb.jpg

And before that just leaning into being a redhead:

hxvf7rg81c3n.jpg

I don’t think there has been a time I’ve been jealous of a Warlock’s gear until now. Bravo.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The entire dreaming city arc is probably the wettest fart in Destiny's story history, they really set up something cool and left it hanging for what, almost two years now?

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    The entire dreaming city arc is probably the wettest fart in Destiny's story history, they really set up something cool and left it hanging for what, almost two years now?

Cayde mentions the Deep Stone Crypt in his will and it’s finally appearing in the fall so..

I bet the Dreaming City is front and center 2021 with The Witch Queen.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »

my highest armor currently is my boots at 1054. I got two pairs of boots from IB the same LL from the pinnacles, my highest weapon is energy at 1054, the other one dropped... energy weapon.

it's so fucking stupid.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    At this point I’d say its both stupid and working completely as intended.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular

I think Zavala references this at one point in relation to gambit i.e. why the heck are we tooling around with the Drifter instead of actually fixing the paracausal event in the Dreaming City like good guardians.

It's the biggest most frustrating hanging plot thread, but to give them credit it is actually explained in the lore entries. Cursed to repeat the same three week cycle, Mara's plan didn't work properly, Savathun gaining strength from it. It'll pay off eventually.

Doesn't excuse it from a gameplay-content perspective. But Destiny has lowkey some of the absolute best SFF writing out there just about holding it all together.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

How was mayhem and Colony for the rapid multi-kill portion of the quest?

That's the only part I have left, and I'm at 70-something percent.

It's going pretty fast? I'm not done yet but I'm usually getting a medal or two per mayhem. I'm not great with colony though. I am turning on Netflix and just blasting around doing my best and it doesn't feel too slow.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

Apparently the "tell" for determining whether your match will progress the bounties is whether or not the match actually enforces "no Artifact power". So, just double check your power level as you fly in and back out if nothing changes.

That's only in IB though. But it's good to know.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

They literally said a bunch of months back that they were working on changing the system so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

It seems less intended and more usual Bungie taking 2 years to get around to fixing something.

• Options
    Namrok wrote: »
    So, on another note, is the pursuit of getting the Wayfarer triumph, I've been spending a lot more time in the Dreaming City. I was always confused by it after I finished the Forsaken campaign. I wasn't really sure what to do there? Like Petra had a mission that repeated every week? Is that it?

Well, trying to do every possible thing that rewards legendary dreaming city drops has sure changed that attitude. It's just kind of annoying that I have to google so much of it, and it's so low key hidden compared to other patrol zones that have Adventures marked all over the map, and a quest chain. I just last week figured out the whole offering to the oracle thing, and why I'd even do it. Never been to Mara Sov's throne room. I've heard all the story bits that used to be there if you go are gone now, although you still get a loot and lore page if you go? Guess I have to catch up on that story with youtube.

It's the kind of thing that's both great and not so great about destiny. When Forsaken hit and Dreaming City had new stuff to do every week and fun secrets to find, it was some of the best content in the game. But after the fact, it's definitely more work to figure out than the average space. I ended up being frustrated with the gameplay loop of the Dreaming City, and ended up just playing Gambit and Comp a lot. So unlike most people who had everything (and hundreds of Baryon Bows) I never got half of it done and was always low on that currency until they finally added the ability to buy it later. It's definitely one of those situations where if you aren't following along with a Datto guide or whatever, it's not easy to figure out or even very fun to figure out on your own

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sirialis wrote: »

They literally said a bunch of months back that they were working on changing the system so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

It seems less intended and more usual Bungie taking 2 years to get around to fixing something.

Its been 6 years though.

Forever 29 was a thing.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I have absolutely no idea if this will help; but I saw a few posts up page where people were doing IB and not getting any sort of bounty progress.

Back when (iirc) Forsaken launched there was some bug that would regularly cause me (and others) to not get bounty progress in any sort of PvP stuff. When I started noticing, I also noticed I wasn't getting medals tracked either.

This was when I was playing on console, and on the PS4 if I fully powered down the console for a few minutes (I would unplug it too because there's frequently some sort of passive power draw anymore on electronics) then rebooted and ran the game again, it'd start tracking. Just restarting the PS4, or closing Destiny 2, didn't help.

It'd just still happen occasionally. It didn't seem to be related to weekly resets or anything else on my side. But doing the above would resolve it, even if temporarily. They claimed to have fixed whatever was causing it, and then it wasn't an issue for the longest time.

Bungie being Bungie, they really like reintroducing bugs they previously "fixed", so I wouldn't at all be surprised if the same problem, or something similar was back. If you're on PC I have no idea at all what'd work, if anything.

Again, it might not be at all relevant, but just thought I'd share.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    fwiw, powering down the PS4 and unplugging the console for at least 30 seconds clears the system cache and is occasionally given as a solution to some problems.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    @Local H Jay did you end up ever getting the Telesto catalyst? I know we ran through some Eater of Worlds back when to try to get it to drop.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »
    @Local H Jay did you end up ever getting the Telesto catalyst? I know we ran through some Eater of Worlds back when to try to get it to drop.

https://youtu.be/v3A-LHx8PfM

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Namrok wrote: »

This is me. I know there are things to do in there, but I don't know what they are. Once I get my Braytrech Osprey from this weeks Ordeal (when...? if...?) I will only have the Dreaming City badge to complete to get Wayfarer. So I'll be following in your footsteps.

Speaking of which, I ran the Ordeal nghtfall last night just before bed and got matched with two amazing players that just 'clicked' with my playstyle. Neither of them had shutdown mods but they were packing some serious heat. I basically played shutdown support and add-clearing and they did all the heavy lifting. There were a couple of dicey moments where I was the last one stadning but part of my 'support' role was picking up the dead bodies so we really only lost about 10-20 seconds of efficiency each time. Ended the Ordeal with a total score of 101k, my best EVER nightfall score. No Osprey drop but did get a shiney new 1054 heavy weapon (that I wont use but will keep in inventory for the power boost).

Prior to that I managed to close out all four of the IB quests. Like I said before, I'm not really sure why IB works for me when normal connection-based matchmade Control does not. Last week, my average KDA went from around 0.85 down to 0.64... FAST. Crucible was like getting a door slammed in my face and I was so completely out of my depth. Now here we are only a week later and my KDA average has crept back up over 0.7 and I bet it would keep going up if I weren't looking at that Wayfarer title. I'm using the same loadout, same gear, about the same power level, same me. But something is different with Iron Banner....
    52kfvd7aer6d.jpg

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The Dreaming City was part of their return to mystery and weirdness after the flat generic mass-market blockbuster they tried to turn Destiny into with Destiny 2. It's full of weird little corners to explore and funny little systems you have to figure out on your own. How much that appeals to you is up to the individual but I think for the community as a whole it was a huge success. It definitely works better when it's timely content though, rather then something you are going back to check boxes for.

That's everything in Destiny's story. They spend a ton of time setting stuff up but only occasionally pay it off and even then set up other stuff while doing that. Their development model just does not previous seem to have accommodated wrapping stories up.

They drop an expansion and there's a bunch of story and then open-ended stuff to encourage the endgame. And then there's no wrap up to that. Because the next thing we'd get is another content drop that starts it's own new story. And maybe eventually, a few content drops down the line, that storyline finally gets touched on again.

This year's release model, for all it's issues, I think is actually good news on this front. They are pretty clearly trying to find a way to tell a story with an actual ending. And they are doing better at it.

shryke on