Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I’ve been using Witherhoard a lot lately. I like it a lot? I’m a so-so shot with it, more lucky than good, but love the zoning aspect of it.

Honestly my favorite thing to do with someone rushing in is to shoot at the ground, dodge, Bombardier’s explosive goes off.

Shamus on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I don't think i understand how mods work. Currently it looks like I can purchase them, then they're unlocked. I'm assuming I can then apply them to any valid weapon/armor with the requisite energy. But I also have some mods as individual items in my inventory. Buh? Are these holdovers from how they used to work and I should melt them down?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I don't think i understand how mods work. Currently it looks like I can purchase them, then they're unlocked. I'm assuming I can then apply them to any valid weapon/armor with the requisite energy. But I also have some mods as individual items in my inventory. Buh? Are these holdovers from how they used to work and I should melt them down?

If they're items in your inventory then yeah, those are old mods from when you had to physically have them as items to slot them. Now when you get a mod, it's unlocked and you can slot however many of them you like, it just costs some glimmer.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, I like CBMM. It’s forcing me to improve.

I’ve played in games where it was a complete disaster. For example, yesterday there was a full team of six just absolutely destroying us. They didn’t bother capturing points, just completely dismantled us. (They sent shaders in the last minute, so that was kinda cool.)

But overall, I’m adapting. I used to get away with a lot of stupid shit. Now, my overall movement and gameplay is noticeably different. I’m surviving firefights I would have never handled before and efficiently. Using basic concepts as leading/map awareness, etc. that before, I didn’t need to use in Control.

I like it.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I masterworked my Cerberus +1 - is this thing good for anything specific? Seems like it's still too inaccurate ti get anything done in pvp at any rate.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I masterworked my Cerberus +1 - is this thing good for anything specific? Seems like it's still too inaccurate ti get anything done in pvp at any rate.

I think it's an excellent PvP work horse, just from a mid range only. The accuracy is honestly not bad at all and the damage output is frightening when you're on target.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Oh my god fucking finally
    gcuz26b7kucx.png

On the other hand I am so good at getting headshot handcannon kills now.

On the other other hand, completing this popped up a quest to get 300 kills with Luna's Howl, and I looked it up and the next step is to get Legend, and to that I say "fuck off, no, fuck you

....unless"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options

I think it's an excellent PvP work horse, just from a mid range only. The accuracy is honestly not bad at all and the damage output is frightening when you're on target.

It’s range is deceptively long but it absolutely murders if you’re in that sweet spot.

One of my favorite exotics.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've been looking over exotic quests for something to focus on a bit and for fun, and realized I already picked up the Wish Ender quest along the way. I assumed it was like a strike and went to load in, then noticed I was alone. And it's pretty much a baby raid.

Oops!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Yup, same thing happened to me. Still have to do it. So if you need a partner (Xbox) let me know.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Fashion Destiny Alert: Butterbark shader available this week for 40 dust:
    cxnUUfZh.png
    zUo5tk6h.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    This was a good game to hit mythic on.

l6hl62cflvgj.png

I had an 11 kill streak going at the start of round three and then ate Chad's titan (of course they're a titan) melee to the face. But still, things went p well.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Man I want to like Redrix but this sight, it's chunky and a little hard to get used to. I'm going to keep working on it but it's not easy!

Peen on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So after not having played Trials since D1 our usual ragtag fireteam of me, my 7 year old son, and a buddy of mine went in for bounties as they both got over the 1010 mark and have access now.

HOLY. Wow.

That's a whole other game, what those guys are playing.

• Options
    Shamus wrote: »
    Yup, same thing happened to me. Still have to do it. So if you need a partner (Xbox) let me know.

Is there cross play? I'm playing on PC.

• Options
    There is not cross play as far as I know, just cross save.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Vagabond wrote: »
    cxnUUfZh.png
    zUo5tk6h.png

Are shaders you buy for dust always available in your collections or do you have to pay dust for them again.

Edit: Nevermind, I decided to answer my own question and buy it - you can buy them again for shards. Cool.

cursedking on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I think it's Dust to unlock, Shards to reprint.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I think we're at the point where nothing should cost dust to pull from collections. At the same time nothing should break down to dust anymore either.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Vagabond wrote: »
    cxnUUfZh.png
    zUo5tk6h.png

Can I get the bark without the butter? I don't want yellow paint all over my lovely wooden weapons.

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    So after not having played Trials since D1 our usual ragtag fireteam of me, my 7 year old son, and a buddy of mine went in for bounties as they both got over the 1010 mark and have access now.

HOLY. Wow.

Trials has been so sweaty for so long. I laughed out loud reading this. 7 years old! I'm calling Child Protective Services.

I miss D1 Trials with super high player count and more of a chance to compete. :sad:

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Also going into Trials at 1010 is gonna hurt even with decent populations.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I think we're at the point where nothing should cost dust to pull from collections. At the same time nothing should break down to dust anymore either.

That's been the way it's worked for a long time now afaik. Ever since Opulence I believe, when they made the bright dust economy much stingier. Nothing breaks down into dust anymore, but everything can be pulled from the Collection for just normal mats.

• Options
    Oh yeah some dude last night was crouch spamming and still shooting accurately like I've never seen on console. I hesitate to accuse people of using M&K on Xbox but every once in a while you run across someone that really makes you wonder.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

Booooooooooooooooooo.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »

Booooooooooooooooooo.

Cross play is something they say they will be looking at for 2021.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The longer I can keep away from mouse and keyboard people in the Crucible, the better.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    The longer I can keep away from mouse and keyboard people in the Crucible, the better.

From the people who brought you "No more SBMM!" comes "KBAM vs Controller".

• Options
    edited June 2020
    People on PC already use controller sometimes and successfully, look up Drewsky for a good example. I don't want to play people on PC because of their FoV and framerate; they've committed to 4k/60 fps on the new consoles but I really hope there's an FoV slider.

Peen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Fate decreed that I would get it done on the 7th try. And goddamn it, I’ll take it.

0546c36f-893c-4102-96c7-fcab46091855.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=nRsqxM8ExgJyBbvF4mQYtwfTt6NmBu7nX7UKEifqI%2Fo%3D

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    People on PC already use controller sometimes and successfully, look up Drewsky for a good example. I don't want to play people on PC because of their FoV and framerate; they've committed to 4k/60 fps on the new consoles but I really hope there's an FoV slider.
    I already use a controller and sometimes successfully.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I'm sure they do, but that doesn't change that mouse and keyboard are still better.
    Nosf wrote: »
    From the people who brought you "No more SBMM!" comes "KBAM vs Controller".
    I was never against SBMM!

I just don't care that it's gone :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Fate decreed that I would get it done on the 7th try. And goddamn it, I’ll take it.

0546c36f-893c-4102-96c7-fcab46091855.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=nRsqxM8ExgJyBbvF4mQYtwfTt6NmBu7nX7UKEifqI%2Fo%3D

Should have failed 2 more times first.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Should have failed 2 more times first.

Almost did have one more failure. My one real close call that run came at the stupid elevator while going up to the boss room like @Catalase said happened to him, and I almost had a heart attack.

I’ll upload it later.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »

HOLY. Wow.

Trials has been so sweaty for so long. I laughed out loud reading this. 7 years old! I'm calling Child Protective Services.

I miss D1 Trials with super high player count and more of a chance to compete. :sad:

It didn't use to be that bad! Back in D1 you could hop in, play awhile to knock out the bounties, and walk away with some stuff.

Now? Like I said, that's not even the same game anymore. Those folks are doing something else entirely.

I'm 1043, not great, but higher than 1010. And I folded faster than a lawn chair in a hurricane.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Trials has been a disaster in D2, so many massive mistakes put into a single game mode.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Trials in D1 was as brutal, but it took like a year or so to get that way. This version of Trials has launched with subpar rewards, terrible matchmaking and a low population, not to mention this season launched buggy and has nothing new to get. They hinged the whole Season of the Worthy on trials mostly and it still bellyflopped as far as keeping people engaged.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The power level disparity thing in trials/iron banner sort of matters, but in a really odd way.

Like for some weapons it won’t change the ttk because it still takes the same number of trigger pulls to kill someone.

But then you get stuff like a delta of >5 a le monarch crit will one-shot.

Also helpful: Jötunn will ohko regardless of level disparity.

• Options
    I think the difference with D2's Trials: The Revenge is that people were ready for it. It was a known quantity with known strategies and playstyles. A bunch of people did jump in to try it out the first few weeks. But the combination of the already existing Trials monsters and the complete lack of any reward for being stomped by them meant that engagement quickly fell off a cliff.

ronzo wrote: »
    The power level disparity thing in trials/iron banner sort of matters, but in a really odd way.

Like for some weapons it won’t change the ttk because it still takes the same number of trigger pulls to kill someone.

But then you get stuff like a delta of >5 a le monarch crit will one-shot.

Also helpful: Jötunn will ohko regardless of level disparity.

Shoulder Charges are the same thing. They just barely 1-hit kill so a small difference in power level will make them completely useless.