As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Remind me, is it relatively easy to link my account to xbox and PC so I can easily sit down and play on Xbox and then go back and play on PC, or do I have to do some transfer shenanigans to do that every time?

It's pretty easy, just make sure the game supports cross-save before hand.

Well I mean, specifically for destiny 2. If all the expansions are on game pass I don't have to re-buy them to go play on my TV in the living room instead of my PC when I wanna sit on the couch. If it's easy to hop back and forth that's a nice benefit.

expansions need to be bought on each platform. seasons only need to be bought once and carry over across platforms though.

But once it's part of game pass you'll be able to go back and forth.

not until its available in both Game Pass and Game Pass for PC, it wont go up on both at the same time. it'll be available on Game Pass on console in September, and Beyond Light will be available day one, but it wont be available on PC till next year and that's a vague promise at best.

But if I have game pass, and I have all the expansions on steam, I can't easily swap back and forth?

That seems needlessly complicated.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Remind me, is it relatively easy to link my account to xbox and PC so I can easily sit down and play on Xbox and then go back and play on PC, or do I have to do some transfer shenanigans to do that every time?

Well I mean, specifically for destiny 2. If all the expansions are on game pass I don't have to re-buy them to go play on my TV in the living room instead of my PC when I wanna sit on the couch. If it's easy to hop back and forth that's a nice benefit.

expansions need to be bought on each platform. seasons only need to be bought once and carry over across platforms though.

not until its available in both Game Pass and Game Pass for PC, it wont go up on both at the same time. it'll be available on Game Pass on console in September, and Beyond Light will be available day one, but it wont be available on PC till next year and that's a vague promise at best.

But if I have game pass, and I have all the expansions on steam, I can't easily swap back and forth?

if you own all the expansion on Steam, and you have Game Pass for console then you'll be able to swap back and forth and have access to all content come September(and November when Beyond Light launches).

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Re: twitch prime, I don't have that. I think I'm content to save my money for now, I'm having enough fun I'll want to get Shadow keep and Beyond at some point.

I really need to give Titan and Hunter a go, though I'm finding I'm in love with the middle spec of dawnblade. It's nice to be able to stop people dying by yeeting my nade at em.

That and middle spec of arc are the best fun

If you have Amazon Prime, you have Twitch Prime. They're one and the same.

I do not have Amazon prime either!

Not much call for it here in the land of New Zealand.

If i got it, it'd be for the sake of streaming, and there's not much on there that i want to stream currently, so... eeeh.

Finally got Whisper of the Worm. God that jumping puzzle into fight is exhausting.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

if you own all the expansion on Steam, and you have Game Pass for console then you'll be able to swap back and forth and have access to all content come September(and November when Beyond Light launches).

Simply by logging into one or the other, not having to go to the website and transfer my save or anything, yeah?

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Simply by logging into one or the other, not having to go to the website and transfer my save or anything, yeah?

you'll need to attach both your Steam and Xbox accounts to your Bungie account. its a one time thing and once you have your accounts synced you can swap back and forth as you like.

here's the link: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So we’re free to play. And now we can build walls n stuff.

Dest-nite Battle Royale when?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »

When drifter needs a new scam to run.

(Also i unlocked the Outbreak Perfected area/quest. Time to recruit people for that!)

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hit 55 season level last night. Picked up Devil's Ruin. Immediately spent half an hour pewpew lasering lots of enemies.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Re: twitch prime, I don't have that. I think I'm content to save my money for now, I'm having enough fun I'll want to get Shadow keep and Beyond at some point.

I really need to give Titan and Hunter a go, though I'm finding I'm in love with the middle spec of dawnblade. It's nice to be able to stop people dying by yeeting my nade at em.

That and middle spec of arc are the best fun

If you have Amazon Prime, you have Twitch Prime. They're one and the same.

I do not have Amazon prime either!

Not much call for it here in the land of New Zealand.

If i got it, it'd be for the sake of streaming, and there's not much on there that i want to stream currently, so... eeeh.

Finally got Whisper of the Worm. God that jumping puzzle into fight is exhausting.

now you can do the heroic version over and over!

(it's actually really fun to find the chests)

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options

(Also i unlocked the Outbreak Perfected area/quest. Time to recruit people for that!)

All I’m sayin is, I *cannot* build like those kids.

• Options

All I’m sayin is, I *cannot* build like those kids.

Oh yeah, even if I want horribly put off by the general money extraction practices of Fortnite, the whole way Pelee build in that game is...

It's a thing alright! A scary scary thing

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah, I did most of a Prestige Eater of Worlds run last night, but we had trouble on Phase 1 of Argos. We eventually got it, but I had to bounce basically immediately after opening the chest to get the rewards. For whatever reason, it didn't give me a Phase 2 checkpoint, meaning I'll have to find an LFG to slog through phase 1 again.

Phase 1 was a lot more trouble than I remember it being, but probably because we were well oiled before, whereas this LFG group seemed like they hadn't done Eater in forever (which, to be fair, neither had I, but I think for some of them "forever" really meant never).

I'm glad Moments of Triumph are making me revisit stuff because this content is really good!

• Options
    I did Flawless Solo Prophecy! It was terrifying! So glad to have that done though. Now to tackle Shattered Throne. And at some point I need to actually do Pit of Heresy

• Options
    Xur gave me a Wavesplitter tonight. Kinda fun, but I'll stick to my "turn enemies into energy goo" trace rifle.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I did Flawless Solo Prophecy! It was terrifying! So glad to have that done though. Now to tackle Shattered Throne. And at some point I need to actually do Pit of Heresy

Nice! Did you end up using the taken mods?

• Options
    edited July 2020

Nice! Did you end up using the taken mods?

I did!

Quick writeup as a Warlock:

Armor mods: Concussive Dampener x2, Major Resist x2, Minor Resist. Taken Barrier, Hive Barrier, Oppressive Darkness, Taken Invigoration, Breach Resonator, and some miscellaneous loader mods.

First Boss:
    Well lock. Riskrunner, Mountaintop, Falling Guillotine.
    Lots of running, cleansing, wiping little adds, then one phasing the boss.

Second: Mountaintop, Riskrunner, Wendigo
    Riskrunner keeps you alive to murder adds. Kill snipers immediately with mountaintop, wendigo to blind the knights, mountaintop to kill them at leisure.

Third: Mountaintop, Hush, Anarchy
    Never stop moving. Take your time, use bow to kill the snipers in the boss phase, do not be afraid to use anarchy to drop death fields on spawning in enemies. Take out the first knights asap to get one of the corners safer. Don't get killed by dark entropy in the boss room.

8wviu1jrncbo.png

STYYYYYYYYLE

Once I had the final boss down, actual flawless run only took two tries.

edit: Here's the run if anyone wants to see it:

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    b6mjy748u39e.png

There are times, many times, that I miss skill-based match making.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Bug report: matchmaking's haunted

• Options
    So the post Gambit Prime weapon drops are still season of the Drifter. Was really pissed to see a god roll Gnawing Hungry drop and then see it wasn't an Arrivals one.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Someone in a group I was in voiced their belief that the expansion was pushed back because they forgot the Infinite Forest was on Mercury for the Halloween Event.

I couldn't credibly argue against this.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Someone in a group I was in voiced their belief that the expansion was pushed back because they forgot the Infinite Forest was on Mercury for the Halloween Event.

I'm convinced they would have just skipped Festival of the Lost, like they did on Year One. Which is laughable planning but... hey it's Bungie.

• Options

It speaks to the level of past screwups that this makes so much sense.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So what's the current state of Destiny?

It's a slow period in the games world and Destiny can feel the void nicely. Maybe just go through the single player campaign and finally go through Forsaken.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

It's a slow period in the games world and Destiny can feel the void nicely. Maybe just go through the single player campaign and finally go through Forsaken.

The current state is the next big expansion launches November 11, which will be adding Europa and the D1 EDZ as destinations. As a result, they are removing Mars, Titan, Mercury, Io, and the Leviathan, and sunsetting a bunch of armor and guns, meaning their Light Level won't go up to meet the future add-ons

So now is a good time to get anything done in those areas that you want to do. Also, the new Dungeon, Prophecy, is cool. Also, all the raids currently drop armor that will allow their Light Level to upgrade through next year, so those are good things to do to prepare

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Speaking of old raids, I did Spire of Stars for the first time this morning with AspectVoid and Kriegtopher (thanks guys!). It was fun but I'm very glad I didn't try doing it when I was at or below PL for it. Not being able to instantly vaporize the boss (and thus needing multiple DPS phases) would have been intensely painful.

They really raided the Destiny Strategic Ball-Handling Reserve for that one, though. The design meetings must have involved people just shouting, "But we need more balls!"

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Speaking of old raids, I did Spire of Stars for the first time this morning with AspectVoid and Kriegtopher (thanks guys!). It was fun but I'm very glad I didn't try doing it when I was at or below PL for it. Not being able to instantly vaporize the boss (and thus needing multiple DPS phases) would have been intensely painful.

They really raided the Destiny Strategic Ball-Handling Reserve for that one, though. The design meetings must have involved people just shouting, "But we need more balls!"

It was, I believe, the first major ball-fondling thing. With the tossing and the running around and all that. It was the mechanic they built the raid around, which is how they build raids these days.

But yeah, the boss encounter is basically "Show us all the ball-fondling techniques you've learned so far, one after the other". Like a goddamn testicular masseuse final exam.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

The current state is the next big expansion launches November 11, which will be adding Europa and the D1 EDZ as destinations. As a result, they are removing Mars, Titan, Mercury, Io, and the Leviathan, and sunsetting a bunch of armor and guns, meaning their Light Level won't go up to meet the future add-ons

So now is a good time to get anything done in those areas that you want to do. Also, the new Dungeon, Prophecy, is cool. Also, all the raids currently drop armor that will allow their Light Level to upgrade through next year, so those are good things to do to prepare

Also this seems like the best seasonal content this year. At least imo. If there was one season you were gonna play, this is the one.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Also this seems like the best seasonal content this year. At least imo. If there was one season you were gonna play, this is the one.

As someone who's new to the game, i like this season - it's easily grokable (Do whatever, shove engrams into recaster to fiddle with them, then pop them for sweet loot), and the contact event is fun to run as well.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

It was, I believe, the first major ball-fondling thing. With the tossing and the running around and all that. It was the mechanic they built the raid around, which is how they build raids these days.

But yeah, the boss encounter is basically "Show us all the ball-fondling techniques you've learned so far, one after the other". Like a goddamn testicular masseuse final exam.

I'm not sure what criteria you're going by, but Rift I think was the first "ball" thing, right?

And then Wrath of the Machine had a good amount of playing with balls

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Never doing that again.

f11b6dcf-ae06-44f0-84f7-6908f7d9566f_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Yeaaaah, The Corrupted can be a pain in it's Strike-version alone and the Nightfall takes just ramps up the hurt considerably.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Is anyone on PC bored tonight? I really want to do Wish Ender, but still haven't been able to get a group together.

Edit: Made it up to Vorgeth alone, but I'm not beating him solo.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

We've been dunking balls since Oryx, at least (I can't think of any ball-fondling pre-TTK, anyway), but Spire definitely went all-in on it.

You like balls?! We got balls! You can:
    * Throw them at each other!
    * Catch them!
    * Carry them!
    * Throw them at targets!
    * Play hot-potato with them!
    * Watch them bounce ineffectually off the wrong target!

The one thing it was missing was much in the way of dunking.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Is anyone on PC bored tonight? I really want to do Wish Ender, but still haven't been able to get a group together.

Edit: Made it up to Vorgeth alone, but I'm not beating him solo.

If you have Taken Invigoration it makes that way easier, at least on warlock. Recharges your grenade everytime you break a shield, so you just weaken everything while clearing the adds and pop shields to get a devour grenade back whenever you need. I still gotta go through and flawless that sometime.

• Options

Probably, yeah.

My kneejerk was to poo poo this as a lot of what I've done this season has had nothing to do with the season itself (doing / farming old raids, finally finishing off the Tribute Hall, etc), but....

The Dungeon looks great and is my favorite of the dungeons they've introduced.
    The new public event is at least a new public event.
    The two newest exotic weapons they've introduced have been pretty cool (I still wish we had new armors, though).
    The new mission with its three variations and plentiful VA for it and the public event have been fine.
    The recaster is nice to grind with (although, please god, I wish I had an option for it to not give me shaders).

Seasons themselves probably go on a bit too long given what content we get from them, but it's probably the best of the actual seasons when you break it down....and we still have at least one more exotic coming.

I am very curious as to how we'd feel if the glitch hadn't existed that allowed us to farm up Umbrals and essentially powerlevel, though.

• Options
    I've hit 1050 naturally at this point several weeks ago, never used the glitch. Season feels fine, people PERPETUALLY overrate how difficult and terrible it is to hit that pre-Pinnacle cap.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I've hit 1050 naturally at this point several weeks ago, never used the glitch. Season feels fine, people PERPETUALLY overrate how difficult and terrible it is to hit that pre-Pinnacle cap.
    You never focused armor when it was turning it into a powerful reward? If so, nice.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    You never focused armor when it was turning it into a powerful reward? If so, nice.

The glitch was the combination of farming Umbrals from Black Armory with them pretty much always being powerful. You're actually supposed to get a small number of powerfuls from the system as designed. I never did the farm, received an unexceptional amount of powerful umbrals as a result. I was maybe at 1020 max when they shut that off.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    The glitch made getting 1060 feasible (I hit it yesterday), which felt nice. Brain likes ticking off boxes.

I like this season, the guns are pretty good, especially the exotics and the definitely-not-a-pinnacle Guillotine, and they're not being so stingy with loot. I wish they removed the weekly lockout from raids forever, seems like a way to get people to play your game less, not more.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Meanwhile i did the glitch, enjoyed the dungeon earlier on blind and spoiler free, and then had enough time to go enjoy other games instead of just grinding LL. Remind me again why I have to grind to play Trials?