As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Parasite Eve cleaned up FF7R style, where all you do is touch the graphics, would be a classy Xbox exclusive. Think Microsoft, think.

The problem is that it could lead to ultimately The 3rd Birthday being brought up as well and we can't have that.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_2C6JT-LY&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/big-gaming-weekend

From today until the 10th, the following are free to play, including online multiplayer even if you don't have gold:
    • CoD: MW Multiplayer
    • Gears 5 (console and PC)
    • ARK (console and PC)
    • Subnautica (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER

3 PC games and 2 of them were free to buy on Epic already lol

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Cool, might finally try the Guilty Gear Dragonball game, heard good things about it even though it's Dragonball a dab.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Enjoying untitled goose game but none of the achievements are unlocking, tried everything, hard reset etc

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Bethesda announced that owners of any current gen game that gets a Series X version will get the upgraded version free. So far they've only confirmed Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls online as getting the upgraded ports but still a nice bonus. Same for the PS5

Carpy on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Bethesda announced that owners of any current gen game that gets a Series X version will get the upgraded version free. So far they've only confirmed Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls online as getting the upgraded ports but still a nice bonus. Same for the PS5

That’s good to hear, it’s seems like EA is the only confirmed publisher charging for upgrades so far ?

Have they given a timeframe for when the enhanced versions will be out ?

• Options
    Not as far as I know, the Polygon article I read just said that release dates would be announced later.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

From today until the 10th, the following are free to play, including online multiplayer even if you don't have gold:
    • ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

Hmmmm the gf likes fighting games and dragon ball

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

• ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

Damn the ultimate edition is like $15. Is the game any good? Baseline game is like $6, how are the dlc characters?

• Options

• ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

I was just talking to my buddy that I wanted to play some 10-20 with an airstrike CoD MP. Can't wait to go negative KDA all weekend once I get these 100gb downloaded.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

• ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

Damn the ultimate edition is like $15. Is the game any good? Baseline game is like $6, how are the dlc characters?

It's very well regarded. I think most of the criticism I've heard about it is it can be easy to lose track of what's happening in the special effects and there's a relatively hard skill curve if you want to take it seriously compared to other fighting games.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

• ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

It's very well regarded. I think most of the criticism I've heard about it is it can be easy to lose track of what's happening in the special effects and there's a relatively hard skill curve if you want to take it seriously compared to other fighting games.

It is a lot of fun and the autocombo lowers the floor well, but yeah the ceiling is super high.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I couldn't think of a semi-clever joke to make with the thread title.

We discussed the sorry state of the iOS preview, and why that might be, but apparently Apple directly addressed Microsoft's grumbling, and Microsoft fired back in turn.
    Microsoft has broken its silence on the recent challenges facing Project xCloud for iOS, kicking back at Apple-imposed restrictions through its App Store. The company states it has no path to bring Xbox Game Pass' cloud gaming component to iPhone and iPad, reiterating its own robust review processes. It claims Apple continues to "deny consumers from cloud gaming and game subscription services," drawing attention to unfair handling of gaming apps over alternate entertainment categories.

"Our testing period for the Project xCloud preview app for iOS has expired. Unfortunately, we do not have a path to bring our vision of cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to gamers on iOS via the Apple App Store," Microsoft tells Windows Central. "Apple stands alone as the only general purpose platform to deny consumers from cloud gaming and game subscription services like Xbox Game Pass. And it consistently treats gaming apps differently, applying more lenient rules to non-gaming apps even when they include interactive content.

"All games available in the Xbox Game Pass catalog are rated for content by independent industry ratings bodies such as the ESRB and regional equivalents. We are committed to finding a path to bring cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to the iOS platform. We believe that the customer should be at the heart of the gaming experience and gamers tell us they want to play, connect and share anywhere, no matter where they are. We agree."

So...yeah, it doesn't look like Xbox Game Streaming is going anywhere on iOS any time soon.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Apple? Being sticks in the mud about their crappy closed platform and transparently so because money?

Nah, couldn't be

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Apple? Being sticks in the mud about their crappy closed platform and transparently so because money?

Nah, couldn't be

Steve Jobs Lives!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Yeah Apple's statement implies that they view games streamed from company servers as equivalent to any game running locally on an apple device, which needs its own app and to go through individual certification. Which is why the xCloud app had only the MCC. That's more or less how Nintendo has treated game streaming on the Switch so far as well, at least in Japan.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    As I recall, we don't have any game streaming to Switch in the US (not officially, there is an inevitable hacking scene) presently, and it's Japan only presently.

Hence the obvious skepticism to expect Xbox Game Streaming to come to Switch when Nintendo is still really early on it its own game streaming endeavors (and Microsoft has also acknowledged they have reasons against as well as for doing so).

EDIT: Or has game streaming come to Switches in the US? It's surprisingly hard to tell, search results are all Nintendo's original statement on the matter a few years back.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Or has game streaming come to Switches in the US? It's surprisingly hard to tell, search results are all Nintendo's original statement on the matter a few years back.

Nope. Closest thing is the blob of NES and SNES games you get when you pay for online.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Or has game streaming come to Switches in the US? It's surprisingly hard to tell, search results are all Nintendo's original statement on the matter a few years back.

Nope. Closest thing is the blob of NES and SNES games you get when you pay for online.

Right, that's what I thought--but I was under the impression that those NES/SNES games were just ROMs wrapped in basic emulators that you download to your Switch's internal storage.

(Which, admittedly, I would prefer over streaming.)

Are they actually streamed in? In any case, now I'm wondering if Japan's streaming offerings went beyond RE7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which I know were available.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Right, that's what I thought--but I was under the impression that those NES/SNES games were just ROMs wrapped in basic emulators that you download to your Switch's internal storage.

Are they actually streamed in? In any case, now I'm wondering if Japan's streaming offerings went beyond RE7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which I know were available.

Oh, sorry for the confusion. They're not streamed, they're directly downloaded.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Its more an issue of the Japan cloud games being hosted by a Japanese company (Obitus?) that is playing by Nintendo's rules. (Seperate app for each game, sold as a rental through Nintendo eshop so they collect their cut.) A U.S. company following similar guidelines might be able to do something, but so far every company interested in game streaming is too busy setting up their own platforms and storefronts. Possibly because the amount of servers required for decent U.S. coverage is such a higher investment compared to Japan's more robust internet.

• Options

Oh, sorry for the confusion. They're not streamed, they're directly downloaded.

Right, that's what I thought. It'd be an odd thing to do for a platform so conducive to conveniently-sized ROMs and emulators anyway.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So, I started playing The Bard's Tale ARPG: R&R and I think I am stuck or the game is bugged.
    I am at the part where the Viking dude has to get kills. So far, its kill counter has gotten up to 89 before my healer forgets to heal or gets lost or whatever happens to it where it is alive but doing nothing and I died.

I read that it's only supposed to be 25 kills though. I've been at this for like an hour. He gets over 25... I hit over 50 the first time. >\ I don't know what I am doing wrong, but this is ruining what had been an otherwise enjoyable game.

edit: wound up using an invincibility cheat code and running the loop long enough for him to get over 100 kills... which didn't work. so I ran back to the save point and save/reloaded based off some other threads I found on the bug and that somehow worked. IDK. Wasted so much time trying to do that part. bleh.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    What the hell is going on here https://gamerz0ne.com/elite2-au/?pixel=613719302613579&fbclid=IwAR0IXw3ppJsD1i7F7vuwHjwWGuXRN9tMtgXVE5iGAPvqUQOIxEVOgyaLC5k

60 aus for something that’s usually 250. Am I reading this wrong or is it some sort of scam?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Ok the way the Url works and my basic sense of facebook adds being scams tells me this is probably a scam

Prohass on
  • Options
    Second hand or grey market? Not necessarily a scam, just...not necessarily what you'd expect.

• Options
    Second hand or grey market? Not necessarily a scam, just...not necessarily what you'd expect.

It doesn’t say anything about second hand. But my guess is you enter in your details and then probably just go into a draw to win a chance at paying 60 or something. That’s how they get around it and still get your details.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Carrion well worth a go on Gamepass. Took me longer than most to complepe but i'd really like to see some dlc or a sequal.

Next up is Observation.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

• ARK (console and PC)
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Borderlands 3
    • Dragonball FighterZ
    • Black Desert
    • Elder Scrolls Online

I was just talking to my buddy that I wanted to play some 10-20 with an airstrike CoD MP. Can't wait to go negative KDA all weekend once I get these 100gb downloaded.

Well that was irritating, get it all downloaded and it only let me play Warzone. Why throw it on a big promotion like that when you're only going to let us play the free game

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Carrion well worth a go on Gamepass. Took me longer than most to complepe but i'd really like to see some dlc or a sequal.

Next up is Observation.

It's got a neat pseudo-16-bit artstyle, but there's something extremely frustrating and aggravating about playing even a simple Metroidvania-style game without a map (which you obviously don't get, as a horrific meat monster).

But I'm also terrible at the genre.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    UnderMine is also a very good game that is currently on Game Pass. nice, fun little rogue-like. hasn't felt punishing at any point, even when you get a run with few items/bonuses. well worth checking out i'd say.

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Next up is Observation.

It's got a neat pseudo-16-bit artstyle, but there's something extremely frustrating and aggravating about playing even a simple Metroidvania-style game without a map (which you obviously don't get, as a horrific meat monster).

But I'm also terrible at the genre.

There were points where I had no idea where to go next and is why it took me so long to get through the game.

But as i've read already, it is a solid foundation to iterate on. Hope they make more.

• Options
    I think I would've liked Carrion a lot more if I played it with a walkthrough.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    My wife just gave me a Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for my bday (a month early!) which is preeettyyy exciting.

I normally shy away from extended warranties but people have been saying they've had some problems with these controllers and they only come with 90 days of warranty (insane). Apparently MS sells a 2 year warranty for ~20 bucks, worth it?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'd say it depends on what it covers. Adding 21 more months for $20 given how expensive the thing already is seems like a deal.

• Options
    I only have an elite series one, but i eish i had the warranty. Ive had to replace thr bumper part multiple times, and thr grip has come off one set of sticks. For such a pricey accessory, i wish i would have bought it.

On the other hand because i didnt gave a warranty i put a shiny blue faceplate on my controller while replacing thr bumpers one time.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I think I would've liked Carrion a lot more if I played it with a walkthrough.

I definitely had to use one for a couple sections. A map should be a must in a sequel.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    My wife just gave me a Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for my bday (a month early!) which is preeettyyy exciting.

I normally shy away from extended warranties but people have been saying they've had some problems with these controllers and they only come with 90 days of warranty (insane). Apparently MS sells a 2 year warranty for ~20 bucks, worth it?

The MS warranty is AppleCare levels of "oh, it does what? Here's a new one." I recommend it; it was nicer when they had retail stores and we could go outside, of course, but still.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Starting out surge 2 and man it makes a way worse first impression than surge 1. I hate it when game sequels do this, they get too ambitious and forget to establish themselves

I’ve had to redo the starting area 3 times. The first game had a much better curve at the start

Prohass on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Starting out surge 2 and man it makes a way worse first impression than surge 1. I hate it when game sequels do this, they get too ambitious and forget to establish themselves

I’ve had to redo the starting area 3 times. The first game had a much better curve at the start

the early curve is definitely worse but i feel like its better overall through out the rest of the game.

the worst part of Surge 2* is that is fails to impart how important parrying is until you reach the first real boss fight(not the prison boss), who you need to parry to beat**. until that point it felt mostly optional. it offered a benefit in combat but never seemed like it was necessary and then suddenly it was.

on the plus side it was still making you learn that part of combat early on, and isn't nearly as bad as The Surge 1 introducing new enemies in the last portion of the game that felt entirely unbalanced in comparison to the rest of the game.

*based on my furthest play through in which i have not finished the campaign.
    **technically i think you can do it without parrying but it requires a start that would require a greater mastery of the game than simply learning to parry effectively.