As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Is there any word on how All Access works with existing Game Pass subs?

Yup, in the box is a 2 yr gamepass code So if you have more than 1 yr remaining on your subscription you need to let it get to that point cause iirc subscriptions max out at 3 years

• Options
    @Carpy ^

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Is there any word on how All Access works with existing Game Pass subs?

Yup, in the box is a 2 yr gamepass code So if you have more than 1 yr remaining on your subscription you need to let it get to that point cause iirc subscriptions max out at 3 years

Good to hear, thanks!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I'm kind of bummed there's no unique Day One edition.

I feel like most of these manufacturers have enough issues as it is even producing enough consoles for launch, let alone setting aside a quota for a Super Special Launch Edition

I suspect this is the reason too, even if nothing's getting said. Sony just revised their first-year-production numbers, though they were probably kind of unrealistic to begin with.

They might do a Day One achievement, or some other way of record-keeping, for those who're there on the first day. It's just a nostalgia thing. Plus my Project Scarlet XB1X is one of the best looking consoles that's ever come out (the Day One Xbox controller is..okay).

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Project Scorpio you mean? I'd hoped for a scarlet launch console since it was y'know, project scarlet.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Microsoft uploaded a video about loading times on Series X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCX0n9Jci4

Outer Worlds, 10 seconds on a Series S compared to 50 seconds on the One S.

Shit - I was expecting an increase, but load times in 20% on the time is amazing, if that’s across the board.

I imagine even faster on games specially made for the Series S/X, as they will have optimised the files for the new hardware.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah outer worlds is a good case of like raw power, because the loading times were not optimised at all. Even on the x they were long. It’ll always depend on how good the developers are/the type of game, but raw power like that’s always handy

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    In my house we have a ps4, xb1 and xb1x

This new generation is gonna be pricey with the ps5 digital, a series s and a series x

Could just go two series S but want 1 box to be the best possible.

Thing is, it's already hard to find a ps4 or xb1 not marked up and they've been out forever. Doubt we'll get to make the jump til after christmas at best.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Xbox One X is discontinued, so there's no new product coming in.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Why would they plaster "Xbox One Series X trailer" on the main image of that? They're running the risk of baffling their audience as it is; no need to make people think there are games that the Series S can't run.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Why would they plaster "Xbox One Series X trailer" on the main image of that? They're running the risk of baffling their audience as it is; no need to make people think there are games that the Series S can't run.

because its running Series X and hitting targets that the S wont be able to match? and while the Series S is there for folks wanting a cheaper entry point, its not surprising that they'd still try to push people towards the more powerful, and more expensive, machine.

EDIT: also one of the first things the trailer says is that it 'arrives on Xbox consoles', plural.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

because its running Series X and hitting targets that the S wont be able to match? and while the Series S is there for folks wanting a cheaper entry point, its not surprising that they'd still try to push people towards the more powerful, and more expensive, machine.

But that's information that should be included inside the video itself, as a disclaimer that clearly spells things out. Putting just the Series X on the title gives the impression the Series S can't run it. Don't forget loads of people automatically assumed the Wii U was an accessory for the Wii due to the way it was marketed.

(I apologize for bringing up the forbidden console in this thread)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

But that's information that should be included inside the video itself, as a disclaimer that clearly spells things out. Putting just the Series X on the title gives the impression the Series S can't run it. Don't forget loads of people automatically assumed the Wii U was an accessory for the Wii due to the way it was marketed.

(I apologize for bringing up the forbidden console in this thread)

The kind of person who would be worried about this is not the kind of person who seeks out video game trailers. You're overthinking it.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

This is just for the new consoles right? Why does it say it's coming out on the 10th when the console doesn't come out until the 22nd?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The main reason why the Wii U was thought to be a Wii expansion was because they only really showed off the gamepad and not the console itself and since the Wii U console isn't appreciably visually different from a Wii, even when they did show it normal people might not have been able to tell the difference. The Xbox Series S and X don't have that problem because they look completely different from the three Xbox One consoles as well as each other.

• Options
    edited September 2020

I live alone and have 3 Xbox One controllers already, but god help me I want that.

EDIT: $170?? F that!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

This is just for the new consoles right? Why does it say it's coming out on the 10th when the console doesn't come out until the 22nd?

Xbox is 10th, PS5 is the 20th

• Options
    PS5 is the 12th for the major markets.

22nd (of September) is when Xbox preorders happen.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ah I got the preorder and release dates mixed up

• Options
    also MS have said there wont be any first part Series S/X exclusives for a couple years so Gears Tactics should be available on current gen hardware too.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

I live alone and have 3 Xbox One controllers already, but god help me I want that.

That stuff is cool and I enjoy looking at it, but honestly that's probably going to be it for me especially at 170.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    \

You would deny your 4th imaginary couch buddy a controller? :<

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    also MS have said there wont be any first part Series S/X exclusives for a couple years so Gears Tactics should be available on current gen hardware too.

I think this is going a little far. They are keen on supporting S/X but they haven't committed to zero exclusives.

For example, I'm doubting we will see Flight Sim on any XB1, that thing is already wrecking PC CPUs.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    \

You would deny your 4th imaginary couch buddy a controller? :<

My coterie of hookers will all have their own gimmick!

• Options

I think this is going a little far. They are keen on supporting S/X but they haven't committed to zero exclusives.

For example, I'm doubting we will see Flight Sim on any XB1, that thing is already wrecking PC CPUs.

unless they've fully changed tune since July and not mentioned it,

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/16/players-first-you-are-the-future-of-gaming/
    You won’t be forced into the next generation. We want every Xbox player to play all the new games from Xbox Game Studios. That’s why Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One. We won’t force you to upgrade to Xbox Series X at launch to play Xbox exclusives.

as for Flight Simulator, the later release on console may well be down to them taking extra time to build a specific version for each console it will be available on. this seems to be the approach taken with Gears Tactics too. get the PC version down and then work on optimising for less powerful console hardware.

• Options
    They scrubbed mention of the Xbox One series from the Fable page, IIRC.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/fable

Which either means they're full of it, or that game isn't coming out for a long ass time.

• Options
    They scrubbed mention of the Xbox One series from the Fable page, IIRC.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/fable

Which either means they're full of it, or that game isn't coming out for a long ass time.

i would put good money on the latter.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    so... I see a bunch of mention of the xbox one series on the fable page? What did they remove?

edit: nm, any reason why you're referring to the Xbox One as the "xbox one series"?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Checking on several next-genish XBS titles on Xbox.com

Everwild: X|S and PC
    Fable: X|S and PC
    Halo Infinite: X, One and PC (Probably hasn't been updated since the S was a thing)
    Hellblade II: No mention of systems
    State of Decay 3: Doesn't even have a page yet
    Avowed: X|S and PC
    Forza Motorsport: X|S and PC
    As Dusk Falls: X|S, One and PC

Anything I'm missing? (That wasn't already announced as an XBO title, like Psychonauts 2 or Grounded)

Either Microsoft is going to have a weakass next couple of years, or they're going to drop the One a lot faster that they suggested. (Or they need to have a talk with whoever is filling out these pages)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    so... I see a bunch of mention of the xbox one series on the fable page? What did they remove?

edit: nm, any reason why you're referring to the Xbox One as the "xbox one series"?

Because there are three different Xbox Ones? (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X)

Talk to Microsoft if you think their naming scheme is too generic and confusing. :razz:

• Options

Halo Infinite: X, One and PC (Probably hasn't been updated since the S was a thing)

Anything I'm missing? (That wasn't already announced as an XBO title, like Psychonauts 2 or Grounded)

i think that's been it so far. the only one that stands out to me is Everwild. i would not have expected it to be so far out that it wouldn't get an Xbox One version. guess we'll see just when it releases.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    It's going to be hugely ironic if Sony is the one supporting last gen with first-party releases.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    It's going to be hugely ironic if Sony is the one supporting last gen with first-party releases.

and they'd no doubt get praised for it while MS get lambasted for abandoning fans. but we'll see what happens. i'm interested to see just which of Sony's future titles end up being cross-gen and when they and MS each choose to leave current gen hardware behind.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

Either Microsoft is going to have a weakass next couple of years, or they're going to drop the One a lot faster that they suggested. (Or they need to have a talk with whoever is filling out these pages)

For some reason reading Xbox.com hit me with some nostalgia for the old site. Off topic, but I thought you guys might enjoy this blast from the past as we head into the 4th generation of Xbox.

cJlNEM4.jpg

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    They’re saying the crisis remaster is out now but I can’t find it on the Xbox store

Edit nevermind found it

Interested to play it since I’m in a generic shooter mood and never played it before

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    They’re saying the crisis remaster is out now but I can’t find it on the Xbox store

Edit nevermind found it

Interested to play it since I’m in a generic shooter mood and never played it before

Don’t

The port needs work give it a week or two the patches are in the pipe already

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

My current expectations for trailers at the recents events are - if it didn’t specifically say it’s coming in 2021, it’s at least a few years away.

For the games that just showed an opening cinematic (or, like the Dragon Age video, just has a bunch of develops wandering around while talking about how great this game is going to be) add at least another year.

I’m going to do my best to get a Series X at launch, but I’m not expecting to see any games designed specifically for it for years. I’ll be perfectly happy with super-fast loading and native 4K at 60 FPS.

I am looking forward to the first enhancement patches, though, to get a glimpse of what we have to look forward to. I think the first one to arrive is the Gear of War Tactics one, which makes sense as it’s in-house, so Microsoft would want their games to be a showcase for its premium console. Hopefully their other studios are doing the same - I’d like to play the new Outer Worlds dlc with some Series X enhancements.

• Options

Edit nevermind found it

Don’t

The port needs work give it a week or two the patches are in the pipe already

I heard rumours about that. Yeah I will, ridiculous that it’s such a bad port. Is it bad on the ps4 too or did they somehow just screw up the Xbox version?

• Options

Edit nevermind found it

I don't know man. Do you think your xbox can run it?