As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    DK you font and gradient deviant

It looked good in photoshop, but then on the web it was dark and fuzzy so I dropped it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Donkey Kong

You okay with me using that? I am kind of proud of myself that I was able to remember some rudimentary Photoshop, but now that I think about it I artifically limited my horizontal pixels because of the original screenshot and then never restored them when I went back and used straight text.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Conangetoffmyback.gif

Golly!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Grounded is definitely buggy and there's not much story as of yet

but it's really fun

and spiders are terrifying

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’m playing a video game and it is Japanese

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    tumblr_pd8w83bHQe1sjap36o1_500.jpg
    I hadn't heard of this myself. Though, I'm also not someone who really knows stuff about musicians.
    Yes, there was a time when Snoop dog was well known for his affiliation with the Crips and had arrests for cocaine possession and suspected in a few murders.

To the point that when he left Death Row records it was rumored that Snoop had threatened Suge Knight, and the threat was taken quite seriously.

It's fuckin wild that there's classic rap stations popping up like the classic rock stations of my youth. The east coast west coast divide was almost a quarter century ago. Fuck I'm old.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Donkey Kong

You okay with me using that? I am kind of proud of myself that I was able to remember some rudimentary Photoshop, but now that I think about it I artifically limited my horizontal pixels because of the original screenshot and then never restored them when I went back and used straight text.

I made it for you, so you can definitely use it if you want.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The screenshot of ONI is making me really want to buy this. There is a reason I've only ever half read these posts, and never googled the game.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    DK you font and gradient deviant

It looked good in photoshop, but then on the web it was dark and fuzzy so I dropped it.

The web disappoints us again.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Donkey Kong

I made it for you, so you can definitely use it if you want.

Still wanted to ask. :D Though it does raise the moral quandaries of using the official branding image of Homeworld 3 as my avatar without asking... *sigh* Gearbox... but I don't think they'll care.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    ONI is a fun and charming game on the surface but a stupidly deep base builder underneath

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

The dream

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I think I will now play Control

I will keep you all updated game to game

• Options
    God damnit now I'm addicted to Blaseball.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious @Mortious @Kamiro
    fine I made some rooms with doors hmph
    are you happy now
    jbna9j4fj58z.jpg

I'm currently trying to make a natural gas generator but I've fucked up the gas filter several times
    I'm also aiming to build a farm or something so these people can stop eating dirt

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cred no those walls are capitalism

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Fox is using Unreal Engine to add fans to its baseball games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_FQcKH4xL4

• Options
    that's pretty cool

fake fans are kinda silly but that's a neat way to do it

too bad you can't hit them with baseballs tho

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I see I've been beaten to the punch but I'll upload this anyway so y'all can choose whether DK or I is the coolest and the best

2mmvwvctc7et.png

wandering on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I don't understand the floorplan of this crazy house, but I do love that the bath appears to be a shrine

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1114-Jackson-St-Omaha-NE-68102/91925613_zpid/

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    that's pretty cool

Pretty sure some teams are doing a promotion where if your cutout gets hit with a ball they send it to you

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    that's pretty cool

Pretty sure some teams are doing a promotion where if your cutout gets hit with a ball they send it to you

damn that's cool

I want to get hit by a baseball

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    I don't understand the floorplan of this crazy house, but I do love that the bath appears to be a shrine

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1114-Jackson-St-Omaha-NE-68102/91925613_zpid/

The toilet looks like one of those fancy automated ones with the heated seats.

• Options

this is some house of leaves shit

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    cred

there's a food shortage

poor dupes

I'm building more farm tiles!
    There were some water flow problems while I moved stuff around and they stopped producing dirt bars for a bit :(
    I think I'll aim to make a berry farm also with a lamp or something, but I'm gonna make a lice farm first cause it's easier
    I also do see pepper plants on my screen but I read that those don't work as meals by themselves, and also I'd have to feel confident about keeping the chlorine in place if I went to go dig them up, and I am not prepared yet.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I’m scared to turn on my Animal Crossing Island. It’s been months and I fear every resident has left.

• Options

holy shit what a cool house
    kill someone and take their net worth and go make a downpayment!

• Options
    I’m scared to turn on my Animal Crossing Island. It’s been months and I fear every resident has left.

I don't believe they do that anymore. They'll ask you before they go.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    101h5mnej7be.png

eqbh68ogq9oj.png

(Apologies, Athenor. I don't mean to make light of your epiphany and beautiful quote, but this idea just popped into my head, and I couldn't help myself.)

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    they should have used SpeedTree for the fans instead

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's kind of annoying how much the legacy of Patriarchal, prudish, and female-objectifying cultures is making it difficult for me to figure out how to clothe purely fictional fantasy people in a subtropical environment.

Maybe I should just make everyone walk around in those twisty peasant thongs.

• Options

I’ve been a terrible island representative.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

This town is a gentrified shell of its former self. Where is the OLD animal forest, where people just up and left without a by your leave and a groundhog screamed at you for turning off your system wrong

wandering on
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »

This town is a gentrified shell of its former self. Where is the OLD animal forest, where people just up and left without a by your leave and a groundhog screamed at you for turning off your system wrong

Or when villagers stole from you or changed your house against your will. Eat or be eated.

• Options
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    sunk basically my whole evening into Oxygen Not Included

now have automated blast doors open to space

can run my solar panels and telescopes without them getting buried in regolith, doors close when a meteor shower comes, and auto-miners clear the debris when the doors reopen

I guess I should finally do rockets

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    most peasant clothing was pretty similar between male and female for tropical-ish and colder climates. How they get their food and how that work is gendered is a pretty good way to design the clothes.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Okay this game gets stupid fucking hard p quick

like Homeworld hard?

I don't know what Homeworld is.

Space RTS famous for, no matter how many units you had and how well prepared you were before advancing to the next area, the AI always had more, because that's how they programmed it. Designed so you could never be ahead and were always at a disadvantage.

It was? I've never noticed that.

Once you get access to salvage vessels, I just steal every ship not bolted to the ground. And since it's set in space it's every ship.

Last couple of missions were easy because of the vast fleet of ion frigates I had because of that one mission with the massed ion frigate defenses, which also luckily are not very good at defending themselves against salvage corvettes.

iirc (and I may not because it's been... almost 21 years? oh fuck me sideways) I think it only counted ships that you had built yourself.

So basically the game could be trivially broken by scrapping everything for resources except for your salvaged ships at the end of every mission at which point it went from stupidly hard in the final stretch to absurdly easy.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go crumble to dust because almost 21 years, seriously?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    sunk basically my whole evening into Oxygen Not Included

now have automated blast doors open to space

can run my solar panels and telescopes without them getting buried in regolith, doors close when a meteor shower comes, and auto-miners clear the debris when the doors reopen

I guess I should finally do rockets

that's where I got to last base.

i think that's about where I started running into heat and other resource problems

I'm running low on iron ore but have about 20 tons of smelted iron and 5 tons of steel, so enough to get a rocket going and start strip mining other asteroids for their precious metals.

Power I have sorted with a magma petro boiler running off a couple of oil weeks.

Really my big failing point is my water isn't sustainable (I'm on an ocean map so there's still plenty pooled around everywhere) and I guess if I ever run out of sandstone for my hatches

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    It is truly wise to find happiness in the joy of others. I understand that wisdom, but there is only pain there. A fool might be envious or hateful. Maybe a depressive just feels wounded by a neglect from life of a most basic quality for the desire to be loved. Regrets to be had from opening this chat thread. I'll regain a thicker skin once I sober up and face the music tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.