As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    For example

article-1728.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Also we tried the first episode of Cursed, which I found tedious.

MrMr's hot take: the lead character feels ripped straight out of the CW, the first episode's storyline was rote and predictable, and the pacing was very slow. There were plenty of pretty visuals, but they felt rapid-fire and disjointed without a solid dramatic through-line.

MrMister on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm doing a firmware update on a small square plastic Bluetooth-enabled Mario.

This is a hell of a time to be alive.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also drunk Ellen Page dancing continues to be the best part of the show.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Mike began wiping the table down where he had moments ago been lying down flat on. He looked up and saw Mitch buttoning his overstarched shirt back up. They traded glances with each other, smiling gummily at each other knowing that they would have to figure out whose dentures were whose.

“Promise me one thing, Mikey boy.”

Mike put his hand on Mitch’s shoulder. “Anything.”

Mitch put his hand on Mike’s. “Just don’t abort”

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

MrMr's hot take: the lead character feels ripped straight out of the CW, the pilot episode's storyline was rote and predictable, and the pacing was very slow. There were plenty of pretty visuals, but they felt rapid-fire and disjointed without a solid dramatic through-line.

But was it sufficiently Unsentimental?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    neco why are you doing this to us

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

I have a VOICE and she needs to be HEARD

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I am of two minds on Christian virginity wear. On the one hand, I'm pro-sex, and anti-conservative sexual morality (duh). On the other hand, pop culture is extremely sexualized, (male, and sometimes female) virginity is stigmatized, and I, perhaps perversely, like a person confidently claiming their sexuality against social norms. Like, sure, be a virgin and own it! You do you!

But: I have no first hand experience with this culture, so it's all very abstract to me

• Options
    Admittedly though, the ending needs some work. Part one was much better. I’ll have to Lucas it later.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

But it's your inner voice it's not supposed to be heard

Bless your heart.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Winky wrote: »

MrMr's hot take: the lead character feels ripped straight out of the CW, the pilot episode's storyline was rote and predictable, and the pacing was very slow. There were plenty of pretty visuals, but they felt rapid-fire and disjointed without a solid dramatic through-line.

But was it sufficiently Unsentimental?

I found that description super-weird; the first episode struck me as hitting ~at least~ average levels of sentimentality

then again, I only watched the first episode

MrMister on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Just spotted: young teen in a hoodie with Virginia Tech colors, except the text read Virginity Rocks

I was at a mall in the Before Times and saw a store with a whole variety of "Virginity Rocks" shirts on display.

Is this some sort of cult thing? Or is it ironic?

Probably evangelical/Southern Baptist.

I saw this in New England.

• Options
    I am in an Umbrella Academy hole but I watched a chunk of the first season of Doom Patrol as well. Its very good and worth your time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

But it's your inner voice it's not supposed to be heard

If I hear it everyone else has to

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    OK fine I will go get ice cream and watch Umbrella Academy S2, ought to accomplish something today

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    OK fine I will go get ice cream and watch Umbrella Academy S2, ought to accomplish something today

we had afogado before we marathon watched today!

join the good decisions clubbbb

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I had forgotten about the Rough Riderz’ Christian side-hug

Thanks. I’m paralyzed with embarrassment.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »

we had afogado before we marathon watched today!

join the good decisions clubbbb

I had an ice cream cone from TJ's while watching.

JOIN US!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    My COVID test is negative 👍

Turn off the incinerator

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

MrMr's hot take: the lead character feels ripped straight out of the CW, the first episode's storyline was rote and predictable, and the pacing was very slow. There were plenty of pretty visuals, but they felt rapid-fire and disjointed without a solid dramatic through-line.

Very CW is apt.

I made it through the third. Admittedly was playing on switch throught most of it though.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I am of two minds on Christian virginity wear. On the one hand, I'm pro-sex, and anti-conservative sexual morality (duh). On the other hand, pop culture is extremely sexualized, (male, and sometimes female) virginity is stigmatized, and I, perhaps perversely, like a person confidently claiming their sexuality against social norms. Like, sure, be a virgin and own it! You do you!

But: I have no first hand experience with this culture, so it's all very abstract to me

Has not had sex and virginity, despite claiming to be the same thing aren’t really due to the baggage of nonsense that comes with virginity about purity and spoilage, especially as applied to women.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Cursed landed with a thud for me. The only reason why I watched the rest of it was because I needed background noise when I wasn’t working.

The writing was just.. off. Interesting premise of world building and character spin, but the story weaving fell short. Definitely agree with Mr^3 comment about the CW quality.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Turn off the incinerator

Fuck yes! Not today 20 fucking 20!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I want to buy an irresponsible car

I wouldn't say I can't afford it, I just shouldnt.

Buuuut maybe it'll give my empty fleeting existence some brief feeling of actual change or novelty???

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Turn off the incinerator

T O M O R R O W

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

Turn off the incinerator

This is really good.

I'd become fond of you, and really didn't want to have to find a new Atomika.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    before you turn the incinerator off um i need to borrow it
    *pushes replacement clone in*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

Turn off the incinerator

T O M O R R O W

Shhhhh. *puts finger to your lips*

Don't you dare ruin this moment.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I farted just now and it smells super bad. Like rotten eggs farting rotten eggs.

• Options
    Hm

I need a slow thinky explorey game

• Options

Turn off the incinerator

DateGrrl was literally asking me about funeral arrangements

It’s a weird time

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Turn off the incinerator

Hooray for negative COVID tests

I have no idea when I’m next due for a spot test but since I literally interact with people with direct contacts every day I hope it’s at some point.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There's always Riven, the sequel to Myst™

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mother of God, Lego Super Mario is just joy injected right into my veins.

He's so cute!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    There's always Riven, the sequel to Myst™

Yes but pretend that I have obsessively beaten all of the games in the Myst series multiple times

Pretend this

• Options
    Hey people.

Look upon the glory of this dog who was denied tacos.

bixyclhp3byr.jpg

He has been awarded several dog treats and a period of snuggles to begin and end at a time of his choosing.

• Options
    Everyone in chat has tested negative so I think it's safe to say that chat grants some sort of super immune powers and none of us are capable of catching COVID

This discussion has been closed.