As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rocksteady's [Suicide Squad] and WB Montreal's [Gotham Knights]

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...Origins was pretty up there for me.

I never really got the complaints about the combat but I also never abused the electricity gauntlets.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Gameplay-wise, Origins just felt like a massive DLC expansion of City, like Undead Nightmare was for Red Dead Redemption.
    And aside from Freeze in City, their boss battles were some of the best in the series.

Story-wise, it felt pretty good, and definitely better than Knight's string of hostage allies.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Gameplay-wise, Origins just felt like a massive DLC expansion of City, like Undead Nightmare was for Red Dead Redemption.
    And aside from Freeze in City, their boss battles were some of the best in the series.

Story-wise, it felt pretty good, and definitely better than Knight's string of hostage allies.

God. That freeze fight. So perfect.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Origins had major and frequent bugs in gameplay but its story saves it all on its own.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I think my perception is a bit different because I played through without any of the major hiccups some folks had.

At worst I think I had a few really long load times.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I dont see how. The bugs are constant. Its possible they just didnt bother you so you don't remember them.

https://youtu.be/64-MF_cOl8U

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The main flaw Origins had was that the upgrade challenges (in particular the Stealth/Predator ones) had a very slim window to actually do them in, for example, if you don't do a specific Predator challenge on a specific encounter in the bank, that's it you can't finish the tree because there is literally no other place in the game with the right stuff.

This could be fixed by allowing the holo-challenges (aka arcade mode) in the batcave to count but alas. Aside from that I loved that game and got *this close* to pulling off the "I am the Night" challenge but that prick Firefly is an arsehole with no counter icons.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Robin gameplay!

https://youtu.be/aRPgk3vR9_I

Looking really cool.

Actually makes me consider him as an option. Some cool suit options here. Definitely between Nightwing and him. Kinda down to personality and suit options now.

Will probably end up with Nightwing unless he's too much of a stick in the mud.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Which Robin is this Tim Drake?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's Tim.

• Options
    Oh cool, as long as its not Damian Wayne its good. So we have Tim Drake, Jason Todd, and Dick Grayson for our robin and not robins?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. They showed a bunch of the skin sets.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gotham-knights-28-suits-batsuits-styles-customization

These look damn good. Has me totally back on the Nightwing train.

• Options

https://www.ign.com/articles/gotham-knights-28-suits-batsuits-styles-customization

My worry when I heard about "28 customizations" I'm like "in the cash shop."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If they're smart, they'll have it be locked behind campaign progress like Spider-Man PS4. If they wanna charge, just charge to unlock them all earlier or something

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

There are no microtransactions in this game(at least at launch). Anything we are seeing is 100% from in game collections only.

• Options

There are no microtransactions in this game(at least at launch). Anything we are seeing is 100% from in game collections only.

Had not heard that, fucking awesome.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yea the outfits are actual gear with stats and what not(with transmog and color variation!). This is straight up an action RPG.

And it looks cool as hell.

• Options
    I like all of what you just said.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yep, I'm really excited for this one. I'm really excited to play all of them except Red Hood, and that is mostly because his shooty shooty bang bang style just doesn't interest me. The beyond suits look awesome.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Okay as long as you can transfer stats I'm cool.

Fashion...fashion is everything.

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm really excited for this one. I'm really excited to play all of them except Red Hood, and that is mostly because his shooty shooty bang bang style just doesn't interest me. The beyond suits look awesome.

Yeah same like I see enough shooty shooty bang bang in literally everything else.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Okay as long as you can transfer stats I'm cool.

Fashion...fashion is everything.

According to the IGN article, there are separate transmog suits, and then some styles with specific stats, that I assume the transmogs can override.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yja5aZ4x3mg

Red Hood's gameplay trailer god I don't like hate it, he looks like he could be fun in a like "what if John Wick put on a mask" sort of way. Also he has some weird powers I didn't know he had?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yja5aZ4x3mg

Red Hood's gameplay trailer god I don't like hate it, he looks like he could be fun in a like "what if John Wick put on a mask" sort of way. Also he has some weird powers I didn't know he had?

Those powers are invented for the game, no comic version of him has those.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I don’t get why you’d have guns out if you’re not using them.

He spent 90% of that trailer kicking and pistol whipping people. You’ve got guns. You don’t need to be that close.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

He spent 90% of that trailer kicking and pistol whipping people. You’ve got guns. You don’t need to be that close.

Lots of people complained that his gameplay was all guns no melee at all which "looked boring" before.

They literally can't with with this character I guess.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I can never tell which of these is supposed to be the bland multiplayer GaaS one I remember reading about.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I can never tell which of these is supposed to be the bland multiplayer GaaS one I remember reading about.

That's Suicide Squad.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    No I’m pretty sure that’s this. Or both. Also the suicide squad one actually looked awesome aside from it being a gaas

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Remember, Red Hood uses less-than-lethal rounds, until his meter is charged, then he gets armor-piercing ammo.

But he doesn't kill, we swear~!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    No I’m pretty sure that’s this. Or both. Also the suicide squad one actually looked awesome aside from it being a gaas

This game has no microtransactions

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I guess, I just feel like outside of that they both are multiplayer games where you grind gear and such. I didnt think suicide squad looked bland at all, if anything it bummed me out that it was going to be a gaas just cos the world looked so vibrant and colourful

• Options
    gotham knights is multiplayer?

• Options
    gotham knights is multiplayer?

It has co-op

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Oh damn. Sweet.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Lots of people complained that his gameplay was all guns no melee at all which "looked boring" before.

They literally can't with with this character I guess.

It's not just WB Montreal who can't win with him. It's DC too. He's just a bad character.

Remember... Jason Todd is the character that fans literally voted to kill him off back in the 80's on a phone-in poll.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Also, he was technically resurrected by Superboy Prime (a superboy who frequented forums and reddit) punching reality to pieces.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    My take on him is entirely from the games, but he's a Bat Vigilante who's willing to kill, and the others (all non-killing like Batman, some questions about Damien) are apparently cool with that?
    Or does he just use rubber bullets, honest? (to the face at point blank range)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't know how much continuity they're pulling from the comics in this game.

But in the comics, he was super-murdery for a while as Red Hood. When he first appeared as Red Hood, he was a mystery villain. He was doing bad things and was definitely an agent of vengeance, not of justice. He clashed with Batman and other Bat-family characters before the big reveal that Red Hood is Jason Todd. After the reveal, Batman put effort into trying to reform him and calm his anger. Jason Todd has always been a hothead, and impulsive and angry. That's just a part of his character. And anyway, in the comics he doesn't use rubber bullets. Red Hood has a pretty big body count. He was basically DC's version of the Punisher for a while. But he was also definitely not a part of the Bat-family during that period of time.

From what I've seen of the video game, it seems like they're going more of the route that the Arrowverse Arrow show did with Mad Dog. If you've seen that show, Mad Dog was a hero who used pistols and rubber bullets, and they always made sure to let the viewers know that his shots were not killing shots and that he was just incapacitating his targets.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

That's Suicide Squad.

I thought we still didn't know if Suicide Squad is GaaSy?

Edit: This article indicates we don't have any evidence it will be.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293