As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Here comes the Smolder

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Hey I actually had a Kog'Maw in a game recently!

He was first pick, then I picked Nami and our midlander picked Seraphine and we were like "Hell yeah Protect The Kog Comp let's do this!"

Then our jungler picked Nocturne and our top picked Tryndamere and Oh Lordy should I have ever dodged that lobby.

It was...not good.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    what's a jungler with a bonkers farming that gets fat late game who is not udyr. I used to play j4 all the time but he feels outdated now. I tried nocturne and he does have bonkers farming but he's squish and a one trick pony

Hecarim, Olaf, Dr. Mundo, Rhaast, maybe Rek'sai (with Eclipse and Conqueror you're not that squish, though her clear's a little slower). Fiddlesticks tank build?

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hm I don't own any of those dudes. how do they compare to shyvana farm?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Graves is a power farmer isn’t he?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    hm I don't own any of those dudes. how do they compare to shyvana farm?

Comparably, I imagine. Hecarim, Olaf, and Mundo all clear quickly (and the first two safely). On second thought, I'd take Kayn out because I think his clear is slow-ish right now, though it's safe. He also has to transform, which makes ramping up harder. Fiddlesticks can double-clear camps (do Blue + Gromp or Red + Chickens at the same time), which helps him.
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Graves is a power farmer isn’t he?

Sure, though I wouldn't really consider him "fat" late-game? Grit and lifesteal help, but it's not quite the same.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    I should clarify I don't mean first clear speed, I mean someone who can rack up big cs numbers as the game goes along

• Options
    I should clarify I don't mean first clear speed, I mean someone who can rack up big cs numbers as the game goes along

Maybe add Lillia to the list, too, then. I just crushed a game with her, though a lot of it for anyone is about pathing and how your clear scales up. Prancing gets fast on Lil.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Right now I'm just super farming on shyvana and winning through raw gold value over the other jungler because her ganks are turbo garbage, even at 6 she's still got no good cc. I did play some taliyah and she was surprisingly fast on the farming but I'm no good at playing her as a damage dealer

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Right now I'm just super farming on shyvana and winning through raw gold value over the other jungler because her ganks are turbo garbage, even at 6 she's still got no good cc. I did play some taliyah and she was surprisingly fast on the farming but I'm no good at playing her as a damage dealer

The professional meta seems to be pretty heavy on powerfarming right now, so anyone the pros play is probably a good bet. I've seen Graves, Udyr, Olaf, Nidalee, Lilia, and Taliyah--not sure who else.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Mmm, Kai'sa is pretty fun but her kit doesn't fit ARAM very well. At least not the fun part where you jump people and blast them with Q; playing her as an ap W spammer would probably work but seems boring.

Though she can do things at the ends of the map, which worked out pretty well as I did jumpy bullshit to wipe them on our nexus and then did it again on their nexus to win the match. So at least the end was fun!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's always Yi Time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    adc is truly a land of contrasts
    5cgxwjv9cl95.png

the increased rocket attack speed in the mid/late is pretty useful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    just played against double moonstaff with seraphine bot lane for the first time and it is outrageous that hasn't been nerfed into the ground. they are literally not killable.

no wonder that shit has a 60% winrate, better nerf passive by 1 damage that'll fix it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Silver Get.
    It took 38 games, 21W 17L, to get there, with 22 games as Nami at 59%, 7 games as Leona at 71%, and then a smattering of "I should have played Nami or Leona" to round it out.
    I have learned that the following champs indicate an insta-loss: Nocturne, Twitch, Talon.
    Wait, Talon, really?
    Yes, and here's why: He's not playing League. He's playing Assassin's Creed. He'll probably rack up an insane amount of kills, but will do 0 damage to objectives and lose and then complain in post game lobby about his team being too heavy.
    GG, back to the grind!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The item rework still is not clicking with me. I dip back in every now and then to see if I can get a grasp on it after patches, but it always feels unplayably broken. Maybe I just need to bang my head against it until something snaps into place.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    i should really just bite the bullet and play a ton of tristana until i feel confident. i really like her mechanics and it would be nice to have an adc that has some mobility. i just picked it on a whim into seraphine chogath bot lane because i was going to eat dirt to that with jinx and it was really fun.

everyone loves resets.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    i should really just bite the bullet and play a ton of tristana until i feel confident. i really like her mechanics and it would be nice to have an adc that has some mobility. i just picked it on a whim into seraphine chogath bot lane because i was going to eat dirt to that with jinx and it was really fun.

everyone loves resets.

The usual advice is not to focus trist because the constant range changes as she levels makes it hard to get her spacing and the basics down.

Why not just focus on someone like MF?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

everyone loves resets.

The usual advice is not to focus trist because the constant range changes as she levels makes it hard to get her spacing and the basics down.

Why not just focus on someone like MF?

no mobility in mf's kit really. if i'm going to play an immobile adc i'll probably just keep playing jinx because she's my favorite adc by far. i know mf is much better than jinx, but that's my own personal brain worms.

also i'm kinda used to range changes, as fishbones' range changes 4 times through the game.

the smart thing to do would probably just be to learn kai'sa but idk she's so meta that she's pickbanned all the time and i expect her to be nerfed soon. also i'm weird and don't like playing stuff that's too meta generally.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

everyone loves resets.

The usual advice is not to focus trist because the constant range changes as she levels makes it hard to get her spacing and the basics down

I'm not crazy and "you shouldn't play this hero you have an interest in because they're a little harder to pick up" is a really weird statement, right? If you want to play them you're going to learn their mechanics, that's a given.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

everyone loves resets.

The usual advice is not to focus trist because the constant range changes as she levels makes it hard to get her spacing and the basics down

I'm not crazy and "you shouldn't play this hero you have an interest in because they're a little harder to pick up" is a really weird statement, right? If you want to play them you're going to learn their mechanics, that's a given.

I mean that's not the way he's describing Trist here.

That said, I would totally discourage someone who wants to play to get better from playing complicated champions until they get to a certain level of good because you'll have to learn not only the basics and get better at them, but also deal with a complicated champion that makes it more difficult to perfect those basics.

It's like if someone who just started wants to main Aphelios. I'm going to discourage that if they want to play to improve because he's just too complicated for that.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    i mean I don't really want to improve, just want to have fun. i'm perfectly happy being mid-gold. i just want to have another adc to go to that's not jinx or ashe, someone with mobility.

i'd consider mobile adcs to be like, lucian, samira, trist, ez, and i guess vayne? of those, trist is the one that interests me most.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Caitlyn, perhaps? She's got an "oh god oh fuck get me outta here" button.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

everyone loves resets.

I mean that's not the way he's describing Trist here.

That said, I would totally discourage someone who wants to play to get better from playing complicated champions until they get to a certain level of good because you'll have to learn not only the basics and get better at them, but also deal with a complicated champion that makes it more difficult to perfect those basics.

It's like if someone who just started wants to main Aphelios. I'm going to discourage that if they want to play to improve because he's just too complicated for that.

Knight has like a million games of jinx and is mid gold though, it's not like he's starting to play LoL. If someone got on my case for trying to learn a 'mechanically complicated' champion (which Tristana really isn't...), I'd be pissed. What he needs is just one pick other than Jinx for when he's up against kha'zix, akali, ekko, and his team is rengar, master yi, and tryndamere, and jinx is just not gonna live more than 0.5 seconds. Similar to how I need a mobile adc to compliment my Jhin pick.

I think Tristana feels fundamentally bad because her autos take so long to squeeze out of her gun; I hate ittttttttt--but if you're ok with Fishbones, Tristana's AA animation is also gonna feel fine. I love how safe she feels compared to other adcs. She kinda opens up a world of split pushing that may or may not be an amazing macro play but it's cool to know you can do it and probably not die.

In contrast, to Trist, Kai'sa's autos are so zippy and feel very nice coming out of her uh...arm? or whatever. And I do want to defend myself here and say I started playing Kai'sa as soon as she came out (...and had a 30% winrate with her in ranked that year...), and subsequently kept playing her in flex/in 'tilt queue'; I swear I'm not just being a meta slave ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Haha, it's no judgement. People who are playing meta are honestly smart, I'm the doofus being like yea but what if jinx, a D- tier champion, is applicable to 95% of games. i mean shit i used to play a lot of caitlyn and ashe but i've gone full otp without even meaning to hah.

Kai'sa is a good champ I've just never really gelled with her playstyle in the games I've had.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So 6?ish games into my self forced departure from one tricking, Tristana has been a lot of fun. It's wild being able to sort of self peel with jump and R. i survived a ghost ulted renekton jumping on my face 1v1 under tower and actually beat him! what?

and god damn late game you can truly delete people, i was full build and karma ran up to poke with q and uh, she did not get to walk away even with mantra e and seraphine w, rfc aa + E 3x aa basically instantly with hail of blades and Q, and pop goes the karma. she couldn't even run even with all that movespeed because of stormrazor.

i'm still absolute trash at csing on her in lane because her weird passive explosion on last hits just fucks me up on the regular especially under turret, but that will probably come with time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    So 6?ish games into my self forced departure from one tricking, Tristana has been a lot of fun. It's wild being able to sort of self peel with jump and R. i survived a ghost ulted renekton jumping on my face 1v1 under tower and actually beat him! what?

and god damn late game you can truly delete people, i was full build and karma ran up to poke with q and uh, she did not get to walk away even with mantra e and seraphine w, rfc aa + E 3x aa basically instantly with hail of blades and Q, and pop goes the karma. she couldn't even run even with all that movespeed because of stormrazor.

i'm still absolute trash at csing on her in lane because her weird passive explosion on last hits just fucks me up on the regular especially under turret, but that will probably come with time.

I was extremely weirded out when I saw a trist jump twice without a takedown. Then I looked up trist and somewhere along the way she got a jump reset on a full stack bomb detonate

my first thought was of course, HAX!!! OMG HAX AGAINST ME!!!

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Dropping like a rock. Worst feeling being a support to someone's duo who is being way outclassed.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    i truly swear i have no idea how to play against maokai support.

i feel like my winrate is like, 15% against that guy. his poke is super safe, cheap, and powerful. and then when it's time to fight, he's so hard to all in with his point and click root and disruption. just no clue what i'm even supposed to be doing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    i truly swear i have no idea how to play against maokai support.

i feel like my winrate is like, 15% against that guy. his poke is super safe, cheap, and powerful. and then when it's time to fight, he's so hard to all in with his point and click root and disruption. just no clue what i'm even supposed to be doing.

Ward river/enemy jungle and all in the ADC while staying away from bushes. If Mao is levelling their saplings you can ignore their damage and just force the adc back, which mao has to join or they lose lane. It just looks really awkward from a laning standpoint. If the ADC stands in the bushes too you just push the wave in so they lose cs or they lose their defensive position.

Also Tristana is the best ADC. Level 2 you can murder people real easy and then jump away if you have an engage support.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    ugh yeah maokai is really painful to play against

in lane he's not so bad since you can just avoid the bushes and use minions to block the bombs. Once you enter mid and late game and he can just saturate the jungle or dragon pit with saplings it's really, really painful to play against. there's no way to disable the saplings other than setting them off and running away with level 2 boots

one sapling would chunk me for half my health as support swain in mid to late game. v annoying.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/ZqcPbh4fO1E

tristana is a good champion

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After disastrous placement games (3-7), I felt into Iron II.

Since then, I won 10 out of 11 ranked games and I am in Bronze II already. Why the hell I was not able to get games like this earlier!?

• Options
    I am 1-8 in placements. Hm.
    Asthariel wrote: »
    After disastrous placement games (3-7), I felt into Iron II.

Since then, I won 10 out of 11 ranked games and I am in Bronze II already. Why the hell I was not able to get games like this earlier!?

If it makes you feel better, I'm 1-8 in my placements so far!

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I went 2-8 last season as well. I think placements are just cursed.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I absolutely cannot wait for the viego nerfs man. His ult does 2000 undodgable damage late game, and also it resets whenever he gets a kill, along with a brand new set of CDs, a zonyas, and a heal.

like, seriously, who thought this champ was ok. just absolutely terrible design. it's master yi times a thousand.

and he's also even more feast or famine. like, he needs his kit entirely reworked to not be useless if he's behind, or literally unstoppable if he's ahead. it's just absurd they put a dude out like this in 2021.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    "Hey, I've never tried Neeko. I think I'll have a couple shots of tequila, read her abilities, and jump into Normals!"
    *Two games later*
    "What the shit this champ is awesome!"
    Edit: And game 3 was a 20 minute win at 6/1/4 what the hell man Neeko is great!

R-dem on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    There are way too many untouched champs at my level. What happened to Nautilus and Blitzcrank and that robot chick with the robot ball? No, every game it's always Yasuo and Yi and Yone and Yasuo and Yi and Yone and etc.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    play teemo

u dont need to know nothin other than taking shrooms, getting high af and beating treatment-resistant depression with the power of psilocybin

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Well, I finally had my first loss with Neeko. Our jungler went AFK after feeding two kills and an execute. Boo.
    (I still defeated my opposing Yone 4 times before we could AFK surrender.)

• Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    Hi everyone, just started picking up LoL a couple weeks ago. I'm still only level 16 yet, but I've been practicing across Anivia, Udyr, and Seraphine. Mostly Udyr, since I figure learning jungling seems to be the most complicated part of the game to me. Anyway, I would like to participate in more premade teams since I figure I'm less likely to be stuck on teams with edgelords who have thinly veiled slurs as their usernames. I play under the name SamFace (#NA1, not sure if that part's relevant like on battle.net).

GamerTag: aintnodancer