Options

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    for some reason I thought overwatch went free to play years ago

I thought it was just me

You're free to play?

that's not something you ask in polite company!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    for some reason I thought overwatch went free to play years ago

I thought it was just me

You're free to play?

:winky:

You've gotta pay to open any boxes though

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    my joystick is ready!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Free Overwatch for PC via one of the Overwatch League teams
    Incoming smurf wave!!!!
    No worries, it's gone already.

Gargamel?

I hate smurfs so much.
    So damn much.
    I just dislike deceit and people who use it to ruin other people's fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    my joystick is ready!

https://youtu.be/r86wgZ5tTPo

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Hmm there's no current drm free version of spelunky 2 is there

I already got it on steam but I've got 8 hours of making sure a building doesn't fall over but I'm not installing steam on a USB drive just for spelunky

Hmmm or maybe I will could also do a game of civ 4

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

lmao apparently it was a mistake.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    probably getting ready for the announcement of tracer overwatch for smash tomorrow, duh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I assumed it was to get people on board and excited about Overwatch in time to announce Overwatch 2

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    I assumed it was to get people on board and excited about Overwatch in time to announce Overwatch 2

overwatch 2 was announced last year

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

God I completely forgot this happened

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

Incoming smurf wave!!!!
    No worries, it's gone already.

Gargamel?

I hate smurfs so much.
    So damn much.
    I just dislike deceit and people who use it to ruin other people's fun.

Oh I wasn't defending them, if Gargamel actually showed up and hucked all of them in his boiling cauldron, I would high five him

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

one of the selling points was that this one would have a black woman

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

I still don't even know what Overwatch 2 is.

Like, it's a box that you can buy, but also if you have Overwatch 1 you can just...play it for free? So it's just...regular free Overwatch DLC like they do all the time? But 2? Somehow?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    my joystick is ready!

https://youtu.be/r86wgZ5tTPo

someone get that poor girl a hair tie jesus christ

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    oh damn I should totally do a Bimota for the expansion set if I ever get around to such, Bimota and Aprilia are both rad even if Ducati gets all the hype

Don't forget Moto Guzzi!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Like, it's a box that you can buy, but also if you have Overwatch 1 you can just...play it for free? So it's just...regular free Overwatch DLC like they do all the time? But 2? Somehow?

Pretty sure it ain't free

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What I imagine is causing the confusion is that Overwatch 2 is fully backwards compatible with Overwatch 1 - it's got all the map and characters and you carry over all your skins, and you can matchmake normally with people playing Overwatch 1. And in order to not create a split playerbase, Overwatch 1 will get the multiplyaer characters and maps that are made for Overwatch 2.

The primary financial sell of O2 is that it is including a full mission-based PvE system, with reworked gameplay and character progression for that mode, and that will not be available in O1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

What I imagine is causing the confusion is that Overwatch 2 is fully backwards compatible with Overwatch 1 - it's got all the map and characters and you carry over all your skins, and you can matchmake normally with people playing Overwatch 1. And in order to not create a split playerbase, Overwatch 1 will get the multiplyaer characters and maps that are made for Overwatch 2.

The primary financial sell of O2 is that it is including a full mission-based PvE system, with reworked gameplay and character progression for that mode, and that will not be available in O1

If they just released the O2 stuff as a map/character pack, and a PvE expansion for O1, people wouldn't even question it. No one would be asking why they are calling it an expansion pack and not a sequel.

When you say that O1 will get the new characters/maps, do you mean they use them for free? or just play along side them.... because I'm assuming they are calling it Overwatch 2 so that they don't break their promise that you would never have to spend money on characters/maps for Overwatch 1, and this is their way around it. Even if you get them for free, it still feels like they are calling it a sequel just to sell more copies.

• Options
    I dunno man that was a year ago

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I dunno man that was a year ago

You're a year ago!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

If they just released the O2 stuff as a map/character pack, and a PvE expansion for O1, people wouldn't even question it. No one would be asking why they are calling it an expansion pack and not a sequel.

When you say that O1 will get the new characters/maps, do you mean they use them for free? or just play along side them.... because I'm assuming they are calling it Overwatch 2 so that they don't break their promise that you would never have to spend money on characters/maps for Overwatch 1, and this is their way around it. Even if you get them for free, it still feels like they are calling it a sequel just to sell more copies.

I'd lay money on exactly this. Don't forget that nearly any scummy game industry monetary practice you can think of, Blizzard has done it - or even pioneered it. They only got a pass over EA/Ubisoft "because Blizzard".

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    VtM Night Road does a thing I really like in stories, which is having an odd personal tic or obsession of the author come through in a way that adds grit and texture to the world

I feel like you rarely get this in video games, or more accurately, games are obviously full of the developers' obsessions and tics but they are rarely odd or interesting (oh wow game dude you like anime titties? no wayyyyy)

in this particular case, every time you obtain a new outfit in the game it devotes at least a couple sentences to the very specific and obscure brand of wristwatch that goes with it (in a game set in the present!), and it's so hyperfocused i can't imagine it's a detail that just slipped in by accident

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The way Overwatch 2 works is that when it releases, there will be a patch for OW1 that essentially deletes the entire game, and replaces it with Overwatch 2. All of your levels stats and cosmetics carry over, and all future skins and cosmetics from events etc will earnable in whatever way they go with, and you will still get all future PVP maps and modes for free, but none of the new OW2 PVE stuff.

The people who buy OW2 get the same game as that for PVP, but also get all of the PVE modes. I am willing to bet OW2 will have a bunch of exclusive skins and cosmetics bundled with it as well.

So if you don't care about cosmtics or PVE, you don't need OW2 if you already own OW1. I bet the PVP goes FTP within a year of OW2 launching as well.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Today I found out that the regular price of Among Us is $4.99.

Unrelated, I now own Among Us.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Must not buy on launch. Must work on backlog.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I’m hoping these half price smaller games catch on. Big epic experiences but focussed and short with an appropriate price. Not everything needs to be a full price blockbuster. Make smaller more impactful games with no fluff, and they can still have “AAA” production values, but maybe more reasonable production schedules

Prohass on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    VtM Night Road does a thing I really like in stories, which is having an odd personal tic or obsession of the author come through in a way that adds grit and texture to the world

I feel like you rarely get this in video games, or more accurately, games are obviously full of the developers' obsessions and tics but they are rarely odd or interesting (oh wow game dude you like anime titties? no wayyyyy)

in this particular case, every time you obtain a new outfit in the game it devotes at least a couple sentences to the very specific and obscure brand of wristwatch that goes with it (in a game set in the present!), and it's so hyperfocused i can't imagine it's a detail that just slipped in by accident

Jacob, I love you, but if you're talking shit about anime titties you better do it somewhere else.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    taking shits on anime titties is not anything to be ashamed of

you have no right to judge us

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    taking shits on anime titties is not anything to be ashamed of

you have no right to judge us

However, I, as someone whose mother was killed by fecal anime titties, have every right to judge you!

And several wrongs, too!

Also some lefts!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Build and defend villages of vegetable folk from deadly feral beasts in the blighted world of The Hollow. Explore, gather, and fight! You can even invite your friends. Can you craft the perfect village?
    20201001 Drake Hollow (base building, sandbox, fortnite-like, construction)

"Circadian City is a life simulation game with an unusual touch. As if playing the boring details of daylife wasn't enough, you have to play the dreams as well.
    THE DAYLIFE
    Unlike some lucky bastards who rely on parents money to do whatever they like in their life, you are born like the rest of us and wasted your beautiful youth on your studies only to find a job in a shady company miles away from your hometown."
    20201001 Circadian City (Slice of life, simulation, stardew-like)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcr9NEIAiGY
    Spaceflux is an online PvP arena shooter in impossible geometry. Matches are played in fractal space, where levels are contained within themselves and walking towards the center takes you back to where you started.
    20200930 Spaceflux EA (FPS, multiplayer, fractals)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8af8rRRAjDU
    13 May 1985: Today is my BIRTHDAY!!! Mum gave me the best present ever! a Commander 85 – a super modern computer with real artificial intelligence! It’s very smart, and I can talk to it and play games on it. I can’t wait till the other boys see it! 20200930
    Commander 85 (cold war, sci-fi, narrative, simulation, mystery)

• Options
    edited October 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyhFFOy1bk&feature=emb_title
    Career Mode – Fight in Mech Leagues and soar to new heights, aiming to be the best mech pilot. Represent your Club and work together with its members to earn Influence and rewards!
    Ranked Rumbles – Two Mechs enter, one leaves. Battle through the competition and climb the ranks to become a legendary pilot.
    Mech Mania – 20 playable robots including brand-new mechs with unique abilities, skill sets, and Ultimate moves.
    Hazardous Arenas – Competitive fighting grounds that include dynamic elements such as geysers, lava pools, and platforms that encourage strategy and unexpected outcomes.
    Upgraded Game Modes – Pick your play style across match types including one-versus-one, two-versus-two, free-for-all, and several games such as Xenoswarm, King of the Hill, and more.
    Expansive Customizations – Unlock a slew of cosmetic items and attachments for your mech of choice in the Garage.
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/override-2-super-mech-league-pc-closed-beta-set-for-october-2-to-4

not sure how the original was received, but this seems like some intersection of For Honor, Virtrual-ON and pro wrestling

Brolo on
  • Options
    Abby Howard of The Last Halloween / Junior Science Power Hour / etc is making a game: Episode 1 is done, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiHAmQCqlm4

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    overwatch 2 is like left 4 dead 2 but with the publisher doing a terrible job of explaining it

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I like the idea that as a Vampire courier one would be extremely preoccupied with the time that the sun is going to come up

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Abby Howard of The Last Halloween / Junior Science Power Hour / etc is making a game: Episode 1 is done, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiHAmQCqlm4

I don't like horror, adventure, or visual novel type games, but I do love Abby's art. I have a sketch of my cat she drew at the first PAX South on my wall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcr9NEIAiGY
    Spaceflux is an online PvP arena shooter in impossible geometry. Matches are played in fractal space, where levels are contained within themselves and walking towards the center takes you back to where you started.
    20200930 Spaceflux EA (FPS, multiplayer, fractals)

It's like they said "okay, what feature can we add to an FPS that sounds interesting on paper but will turn out to actually completely break the game when real people work out how to exploit it" and then did that like ten more times. Maybe it'll average out to be not broken?

Also, is this meant to be a selling point?
    yplipx37ob3m.png

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    overwatch 2 is like left 4 dead 2 but with the publisher doing a terrible job of explaining it

How are they alike? L4D2 did not have any promises of compatibility with the first game and 1's campaigns being added to 2 didn't happen until a while after release.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    One thing I really like about Night Road is that you're ostensibly just delivering a package/message but when you get to the location there's always a side quest or a way to help out the person you're delivering to and you can always just say "well, I delivered the package. Bye"

This discussion has been closed.