As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Squadrons] Free on Game Pass!

1252627282931»

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Gonna try this now that I have a Quest 2.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Still one of the top 5 gaming experience of my life.

And now I've gotta get back in the cockpit tonight. Thanks!

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I never got a huge amount of playtime in this one, but I don't think any game has made me immediately smile more than strapping into the pilot's seat of a TIE or an X-Wing in VR. Not even just for the first time, but, like, every time.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Still one of the top 5 gaming experience of my life.

And now I've gotta get back in the cockpit tonight. Thanks!

It was this or Elite: Dangerous, and I didn't feel like digging out my HOTAS for that. Yet.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    You're gonna want your HOTAS for Squadrons, too

Plays so much more fun with it

• Options

Oh yea, but still works well with a controller vs Elite which IMO is awful on controller (because of fixed hardpoints).

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    God I hope this gets a port over to PSVR2.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

I tried playing it on a Steam Deck after exclusively using HOTAS and I literally recoiled away from it it felt so bad. I'm ruined now.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    I saw this was on sale for $6 on Steam and was thinking of picking it up for SP campaign. I've got a stick but no VR so if anyone wants to dissuade me you still have time but I assume it'll be at least as enjoyable as $6 worth of beer.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    I saw this was on sale for $6 on Steam and was thinking of picking it up for SP campaign. I've got a stick but no VR so if anyone wants to dissuade me you still have time but I assume it'll be at least as enjoyable as $6 worth of beer.

Totally worth that price point. I don't have VR and have a janky old stick and it was tons of fun. Getting a crew of people in multiplayer was incredibly good times, partly from the fantasy of being a snub-fighter pilot and partly because it is a niche title and low-stakes enough that cheaters didn't bother for the most part.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Gilgaron wrote: »

I normally wouldn't recommend picking it up for the SP campaign as it might as well not even be there given how short it is.

But for $6? Yeah that's half the price of a movie ticket and the SP campaign might even last you half the length of a movie so I say go for it! :tongue:

(It's not that short but it's like 8ish hours long, maybe double that if you go full on completionist with it)

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    Protip: if anyone stumbles across this thread and their joystick isn't working, for me it was the thumbstick on my Logitech G13 being picked up as Joystick 1 and I had to manually remap the functions to my flight stick which was picked up as Joystick 2.