As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Squadrons] Free on Game Pass!

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Spent 10 minutes trying to get into a match this morning. Finally launched one, and just as we took down the first corvette my wife came downstairs and said I needed to take the baby for a walk.

Right before lunch I try again. 10 minutes to find a match. Just as the enemy takes down our first Raider wife comes downstairs and asks if I can watch the baby while she cooks lunch.

:(

That's why gamers don't let gamers have kids.

Edit:

Of course that would be completely stupid since there would be no more gamers.

Best idea is to have your wife play for you so she won't interrupt.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Get 2 more consoles!

Put the baby in a support ship and even randomly chewing on buttons they'll be more useful than some online players.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Get 2 more consoles!

Put the baby in a support ship and even randomly chewing on buttons they'll be more useful than some online players.

...I've heard worse ideas

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Get 2 more consoles!

Once it finally found me a match it paired me with 2 people that, yeah, might actually have been babies chewing buttons. No kills, no cap ship damage. Sometimes it is possible to overcome one dead weight, but not two.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    @Apogee The joystick problem you were talking about earlier is fixed! Along with a GIGANTIC AMOUNT of other things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/jnzb9a/update_20_release_notes/
    GENERAL

Ranked Fleet Battle, Dogfight, and Co-op Fleet Battles vs AI now allow backfill while pilots are waiting in the briefing room/hangar

A timer prevents the briefing room/hanger from persisting forever. In the case that backfills cannot be found within the time limit, the server will close and players will be returned to the main menu without penalty

Players that leave the briefing room/hangar before the timer expires will receive a leaver penalty. Note that the penalty given for abandoning the game after deployment into the map is much more severe than the one given for leaving the briefing room/hangar

Reminder: Penalties can be lifted over time by completing matches
    Players that leave the briefing room in this way will not cause the new forfeit option to be activated
    Players that leave the briefing room in this way will not suffer a loss
    Adjusted the brightness of the Star Destroyer's engines when flying too close to them
    Fixed an issue where PC players who use the minimum requirement GPU couldn't launch the game due to older drivers
    Many minor fixes and stability improvements across the entire game

CAREER & CHALLENGES

Fixed an issue where the "Career Best" stat was inaccurate
    Fixed an issue where the "Friend Ship" challenge couldn't be claimed after completion.

CONTROLS

Fixed an issue where remapping inputs while multiple joysticks, such as an Xbox controller and a HOTAS, were connected could cause inputs on the inactive joystick to be unintentionally rebound
    Fixed an issue where diagonal thumbstick movement was significantly hindered when using the Aviator control scheme/certain custom mappings
    Fixed an issue where simultaneous inputs of opposite commands (e.g. yaw right and yaw left) would not act as intended
    Fixed an issue where HOTAS controls would incorrectly interact with power management when free-look was active
    We’ve made it so if a player changes their control configurations but forgets to hit save before the menu is closed, the game will remember the changes made so they can be saved upon opening the menu shortly after
    Fixed an issue where the "Reconnect Dualshock" message could not be closed after reconnecting a Dualshock or HOTAS controller, such as after a controller falls asleep
    Throttle can now be mapped to a HOTAS joystick
    Fixed an issue where PS4 players using HOTAS would have a delay before their controls would respond after launching from the hangar
    When rebinding HOTAS controls, we've reduced the sensitivity detection for the throttle and stick so that they don't accidentally get mapped incorrectly
    Fixed an issue where when using a joystick's axis in the radial menus, diagonals wouldn't work
    Keyboard arrow keys can now be used to toggle different input selections
    Fixed an issue where HOTAS dead zones couldn't be manually set to exactly 50%
    Added binding options for individual comms menu options
    Fixed an issue where going to the PS4 dashboard would reset the throttle to 50%.

DOGFIGHT

Improved spawn points on Esseles to help players feel less separated from the fight when respawning
    Fixed an issue where pilot banter and match music could continue into the End of Round screen rather than transition out naturally
    Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash due to a brief disconnect when transitioning into the match.

FLEET BATTLES

In addition to the updated lobby system, we’ve also implemented two other notable changes for Fleet Battles: Improved AI functionality (detailed below) to prevent AI farming issues and the option to reset your rank during this Operation.
    The latter will help players who got stuck at Rank 0 get out of this state and also let players who have been able to rank normally reset themselves if they wish to since the Rank 0 issue may have unfairly calculated their skill rating when fighting affected players.
    We’ve also included a change to Capital Ship behavior to make “mosquito-ing” (the act of hiding under a Capital Ship and dealing damage into it) less of an issue. This will reward the playstyle of players who are flying like proper mavericks. To those who aren’t, you’re much more likely to be blasted into oblivion now.
    Added a rank reset option for Operation 1
    Fully restart the game if changes don’t immediately show
    We've updated AI starfighter morale values and positioning to prevent exploitative farming of them in Fleet Battles:
    AI Starfighter paths have been repositioned in every map.
    AI Starfighter morale values have been changed:
    Gain 1 morale while on attack
    Gain 4 morale while on defense
    Capital ship turrets are now much more responsive to changes in player speed
    Capital ship turrets are now much deadlier against players that are slow/close to capital ships and less deadly against players that are fast/far
    Flagship turrets are now more aggressive when being attacked out of phase
    Fixed an issue where players could end up with a negative skill rating
    As mentioned previously, we will be removing Silver and Gold helmets from players who unlocked them due to this. Thanks for being so understanding!
    Fixed an issue where the hologram would not correctly display in the briefing room
    Fixed an issue where the flagships could begin to tilt while broadsiding on Esseles
    Fixed an issue where the marker for the CR90 could disappear for Imperials after their Raider was destroyed
    Fixed an issue where flagships could rotate unexpectedly after reaching their final positions
    Fixed an issue where the CR90 would fly through the Nadiri Dockyards structure
    Fixed an issue where the Imperial Raider could clip through a Nebulon-B
    Fixed an issue where flagship hull and shield health UI would not update correctly
    Fixed an issue where if the player killed an allied AI, the game would say their faction earned Morale rather than the enemy's
    Fixed an issue where two alarms could be heard in the final countdown before a match began.

PRACTICE

We've added additional obstacle courses for players to test their skills
    Make Keo proud, mavericks
    Fixed an issue where the game could infinitely load in the Practice mode
    Fixed an issue where some sound effects wouldn't play while changing starfighters or loadouts
    Fixed an issue where opening the menu during the death cam would cause unintended behavior
    Fixed an issue where the player could clip through the flagship
    Fixed an issue where the audio would pause when using certain menus.

SOCIAL

Made the messaging clearer for when a player without crossplay enabled is invited by a player with crossplay enabled
    Added a message to inform players the lobby is full when attempting to join on a friend
    Fixed an issue where players who tried joining a full squadron would be put into a temporary lobby
    Fixed an issue where the player could have the option to promote a friend to leader when they weren't in the same party.

SPECTATOR

Fixed an issue where the Imperial cockpit could disappear briefly
    Fixed an issue where spectating a game and then playing one right after could result in experiencing the wrong faction's intro
    Fixed an issue where cockpit elements would shift when changing camera angles
    Fixed an issue where spectators could unintentionally see the VFX from the TIE fighter's and interceptor's engines from certain viewpoints
    The player will now be notified when someone starts spectating them
    Fixed an issue where the camera angles when viewing from capital ships had inverted controls when looking around.

STARFIGHTERS & PILOTS

TIE bombers have been rebalanced:
    TIE bomber default hull decreased to 2000 (from 2500)
    TIE bomber Reinforced Hull benefit decreased to +50% (from +60%)
    Fixed an issue where Imperial torso cosmetics could reset
    Fixed an issue where equipped emotes would reset
    Adjusted the audio for Concussion Missiles so they aren't overwhelmingly loud in some instance
    Fixed a visual bug with the Bounty hologram
    Fixed an issue where managing power could behave inconsistently when resetting distribution or converting
    Fixed an issue where power management SFX could not be heard when using a keyboard
    Improved the cockpit smoke effect to prevent pixelation
    Fixed an issue where the pilot's right hand could stay on the dashboard after getting out of an ionized state
    Fixed an issue where the player would have to leave the customization menu and return to equip components or cosmetics
    Fixed the very rare issue of the confirmation pop up not appearing after unlocking a component or cosmetic, preventing its use
    Missiles can now be locked on to deployed turrets
    Fixed an issue where, on occasion, player-deployed turrets would not fire their lasers
    Fixed an issue where the VFX for rockets could be visible from inside the hull of the TIE fighter and interceptor
    Fixed an issue where resupplies on AI would not heal them
    Fixed an issue where the SFX for a starfighter exploding could be too loud in the kill cam
    Adjusted the visuals of beam-based components to make them slightly less intense
    Fixed an issue where missiles locked on to one target could switch to another target when the player changed who they were targeting
    Fixed an issue where a player's audio for their starfighter could cut out for abilities, boosting, and drifting.

STORY

Fixed an issue in Mission 11 where the player could not progress normally if a frigate was destroyed without detonating the clusters
    Fixed an issue where the player would instantly die in the final mission of the game if they flew ahead of an objective before an asteroid would separate
    Fixed an issue where the game could load infinitely if the player changed difficulties while playing
    Fixed an issue where some assets were not correctly appearing during a cutscene in Mission 10
    Fixed an issue in Mission 7 where the convoy could stop moving if the player didn't complete the objective in time
    Fixed an issue in Mission 9 where the player could get no response when requesting a resupply
    Fixed an issue where Gunny could endlessly spin in Mission 1
    Fixed an issue where the objective of boosting under the Star Destroyer would stay on-screen if the player cancelled the boost part-way through during the Rebel prologue mission
    Made it clearer that starfighters have been resupplied after returning to and leaving the hangar
    Fixed an issue where characters could lose their walking animations if the player skipped through dialogue
    Fixed an issue in Mission 11 where cluster cores couldn't be scanned from a distance of 1000m and had to be scanned from at least 500m
    Fixed some minor dialogue issues
    Dozens of other various minor bug fixes.

UI

Added the ability to turn off all tutorials
    Improved the messaging to make it clearer which input was unbound when remapping controls
    Fixed an overlap issue where the End of Round screen would be obstructed by the scoreboard if the player died at the end of the match
    Fixed issue where players could not open the scoreboard after the match if they were dead when the match ended
    Fixed an issue where the controls menu would show mouse and keyboard inputs instead of HOTAS buttons
    Fixed an issue where the player level shown in the End of Round screen could be different from the players actual level
    Fixed an issue where the kill feed would not accurately display kills caused by an Unstable Engine
    Fixed a rare issue where the Stealth Hull's stealth eye UI could take up a lot of the screen
    Fixed an issue where the Emote Wheel was called the Comms Wheel when remapping controls
    "Deploying in..." message added to the Briefing Room stage so players more clearly know when they're about to start playing
    Multiple minor UI improvements and tweaks.

VR

Fixed an issue where starfighter decals would only appear on one lens
    Fixed the issue where the Kowakian Monkey Lizard hologram was not visible on PSVR
    Made the player's pilot model look less unnatural when looking around
    Fixed an issue where explosions could appear at a lower visual fidelity than intended on the Ultra setting
    Improved cinematics to reduce or eliminate flickering for VR users who were experiencing it
    Fixed an issue where New Republic pilots' radars are blank in the kill cam
    Fixed an issue where sparks caused by astromechs repairing the starfighter would go in the wrong direction.

VS AI

We've adjusted the difficulty modifiers of the Easy difficulty setting after finding it was too hard to beat
    Fixed an issue where the music could get stuck on one track
    Fixed an issue where the enemy squadron was targeted by the "Target Enemy AI" option.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    @ObiFett Oh, sweet! Time to see if the game is still on sale...

*Edit: Nope.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Great patch. Most glad to see changes to Fleet Battles (if they help).

But what will help immediately is that AI Fleet Battles on Easy may actually be easier now. And TIE Bombers don't have insane health.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    You know, I was actually surprised how well I did in fleet battles vs ai last night playing with a friend new to the game. We won both games very handily.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Wooh TIE bomber nerfs! At last.

It sounds like they've fixed most of my issues now. Alas, my power has been out for over a week because of freak ice storms. But soon I'll be back!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I was playing with some friends Thursday and loading into Yavin map I disconnected and now I have this leaving math penalty? Why the F I get that and how long does it last?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
      Looks like the weird jitter issue I posted on the last page has now been fixed by the new patch. Apparently they finally switched to the Oculus SDK and that made a difference or something, I don’t know, just that it’s better now.

OMG the difference is incredible. I feel like I can finally enjoy this game now!

Steam | Twitch
      Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    • Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      edited November 2020
      Those changes to cap ships will definitely help my survivability on offense in an A-Wing. Also thank god they added an option to remove tutorials, I'm trying to beat the game on Ace and it's incredibly annoying having those pop up each time I restart a mission.

Edit: they also gave everyone 1200 glory. Time to go shopping!

Handsome Costanza on
      Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
      Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    • Options
      BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
      yo this mission where you have to set off the fusion cores is a real downer

finished it last night, though, and since then the game has gone back to being both badical and radical.

• Options
      SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
      edited November 2020
      Just announced: A new map, four new components, and the B-Wing and Tie Defender are being added.

Edit: apparently they are adding private matches as well, with the ability to tweak things like damage modifiers.

Syngyne on
      5gsowHm.png
    • Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      WHAT! HOLY CRAP YES!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
      FUCK YES B-WING!

• Options
      I need to get back to the cockpit and play this game again!!! I mean play this game!

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
      Nice! That's definitely a great way to atone for the general bugginess of the first month of release.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
      That's a neat TIE Defender model, at least in the previews.

The description also reminded me how...weird, it is, what they picked and choose for the "new" canon after chucking out all the old fiction in to the dumpster. It's funny to think that this happened before a lot of people playing Squadrons were born, but the TIE Defender was introduced in, well, TIE Fighter in 1994 (one of the handful of concepts not taken from an existing book), as a limited production superiority fighter developed from the X1 and was championed by Zaarin in the lead up to his coup (which is a convenient explanation, besides cost, as to why it was never accepted by the navy in a broader use, something the Rebels wouldn't necessarily know). Then Vice Admiral Thrawn had to deal with Zaarin's TIE Defender squadrons via loyalists who left Zaarin's fleet.

Apparently in the new fiction, Thrawn proposed the TIE Defender as an alternative to the Death Star, because understandably a better version of Sienar's space superiority fighters, which were already pretty high end (like Vader's), could be put into service a lot faster than a planet-killing moon-sized space station, even though they do...completely...different things. :lol:

There's nothing obviously wrong with that, it's Disney's IP and they have complete control over it, it's just funny to see them picking and choosing what they want to copy over.

• Options
      GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
      Very curious how they will balance each, perhaps very high shield HP with low structure HP to make ions their hard counter?

Black lives matter.
      Law and Order ≠ Justice
      ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
      Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
      xu257gunns6e.png
    • Options
      m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
      GONG-00 wrote: »
      Very curious how they will balance each, perhaps very high shield HP with low structure HP to make ions their hard counter?

I bet the B-Wing will have maneuverability halfway between the Y-Wing and X-Wing and the TIE/D similarly between the fighter/bomber variants. If the Defender has shields and a weak hull it'll be a noob trap because the simple power shunting of the Imp ships is so much better than having shields. I'm also curious how the gyro cockpit in the B-Wing will work. Disconnecting your view from your flight DOF is likely to be really disorienting/nausea-inducing.

• Options
      I just read the custom games part and thought PA Tournaments!

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
      Yeah, now I can embarass myself only in front of people here!

• Options
      GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
      Fencingsax wrote: »
      Yeah, now I can embarass myself only in front of people here!

If we focus on blowing up capital ships, the other PAers get less time to farm us for kills.

Black lives matter.
      Law and Order ≠ Justice
      ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
      Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
      xu257gunns6e.png
    • Options
      m!ttens wrote: »

I bet the B-Wing will have maneuverability halfway between the Y-Wing and X-Wing and the TIE/D similarly between the fighter/bomber variants. If the Defender has shields and a weak hull it'll be a noob trap because the simple power shunting of the Imp ships is so much better than having shields. I'm also curious how the gyro cockpit in the B-Wing will work. Disconnecting your view from your flight DOF is likely to be really disorienting/nausea-inducing.

Interesting. In old games (and fiction), the B-Wing had a better payload and beam cannon armament than the Y-Wing, but was also slower and sucked at turning. Still, it's not like these things are clearly codified anymore and balance is needed, etc.

• Options
      Oh I am so in.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      edited November 2020

If you're really good with power management you can negate the TIE's shunting ability in a dogfight, primarily by juggling overcharges while funneling power back and forth between the 3 systems.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
      Synthesis wrote: »

Interesting. In old games (and fiction), the B-Wing had a better payload and beam cannon armament than the Y-Wing, but was also slower and sucked at turning. Still, it's not like these things are clearly codified anymore and balance is needed, etc.

The prototype B-Wing in Rebels has a converging beam like the Death Star's. Except it "only" kills small capital ships instead of planets.

• Options
      edited November 2020

Yeah I can only imagine the old school B-Wing performance making it a total deathtrap in this game. iirc the B-Wing was also supposed to have an honest to god capital ship sized turbolaser on it's wingtip opposite the cockpit in addition to a much larger payload than the Y-Wing.

What's gonna make me sad is that the TIE/D is going to be nothing like what it was in TIE Fighter. It used to be tied for the strongest shield rating (along with the B-Wing and Assault Gunboat) 4x laser cannons, 2x ion cannons, and a warhead payload that almost matched a TIE/sa all while being more maneuverable and an A-Wing and just as fast. Well, technically 50% faster if you dumped your tractor beam into the engines. Yes, it also had a fucking tractor beam. You know, just in case the rest wasn't unfair enough.

It could casually solo ISDs.

Which is all over the top dumb of course but oh my god was it fun.

HappylilElf on
    • Options

Yeah I can only imagine the old school B-Wing performance making it a total deathtrap in this game. iirc the B-Wing was also supposed to have an honest to god capital ship sized turbolaser on it's wingtip opposite the cockpit in addition to a much larger payload than the Y-Wing.

What's gonna make me sad is that the TIE/D is going to be nothing like what it was in TIE Fighter. It used to be tied for the strongest shield rating (along with the B-Wing and Assault Gunboat) 4x laser cannons, 2x ion cannons, and a warhead payload that almost matched a TIE/sa all while being more maneuverable and an A-Wing and just as fast. Well, technically 50% faster if you dumped your tractor beam into the engines. Yes, it also had a fucking tractor beam. You know, just in case the rest wasn't unfair enough.

The tractor beam functionality wasn't rare in TIE Fighter, it was basically adapted into a generic "beam weapon" option (not to be confused with laser and ion cannons), the difference was that tractor beams weren't available as an option until late in the campaign. It wasn't unique to the TIE Defender as I recall.

• Options

The tractor beam functionality wasn't rare in TIE Fighter, it was basically adapted into a generic "beam weapon" option (not to be confused with laser and ion cannons), the difference was that tractor beams weren't available as an option until late in the campaign. It wasn't unique to the TIE Defender as I recall.

It's been a long time but iirc it was unique on the TIE/d in that it was standard equipment.

You definitely fly a TIE Advanced with one installed for a few missions (generally for going up against rogue TIE Defenders I think?) and I wanna say there was at least one mission where you had one installed in something else too but that was more of a one off thing. Kind of like how there were missions where you had launchers installed on plain old TIE Fighters/Interceptors but it was only an option for certain missions.

• Options
      edited November 2020

It's been a long time but iirc it was unique on the TIE/d in that it was standard equipment.

You definitely fly a TIE Advanced with one installed for a few missions (generally for going up against rogue TIE Defenders I think?) and I wanna say there was at least one mission where you had one installed in something else too but that was more of a one off thing. Kind of like how there were missions where you had launchers installed on plain old TIE Fighters/Interceptors but it was only an option for certain missions.

That sounds about right. I haven't gotten to that point in replaying TIE Fighter any time lately.

Synthesis on
    • Options
      Yeah I keep meaning to but the nostalgia just doesn't outlast the graphics.

• Options
      OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
      Now that this game will have a B-Wing, this game is now a definitive Star Wars experience

B-Wings own

signature-deffo.jpg
      PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    • Options
      edited November 2020

You can play the entirety of TIE Fighter in X-Wing Alliance using mods, XWA also has mods to upgrade it to modern-ish graphics standards (it won't be Squadrons level but it will be close. Think Squadron's if Squadron's came out in 2013).
      Olivaw wrote: »
      Now that this game will have a B-Wing, this game is now a definitive Star Wars experience

B-Wings own

We can now fully cosplay as Alphabet Squadron.

*trailer music swells*

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options

You can play the entirety of TIE Fighter in X-Wing Alliance using mods, XWA also has mods to upgrade it to modern-ish graphics standards (it won't be Squadrons level but it will be close. Think Squadron's if Squadron's came out in 2013).

I've tried those! It didn't played nice with my PC for some reason.

Also I lack a non-force feedback joystick which makes playing any flightsim without support for it frustrating to say the least.

• Options
      edited November 2020

Also I lack a non-force feedback joystick which makes playing any flightsim without support for it frustrating to say the least.

1. Whats a force feedback joystick?
      2. I definitely had some issues getting my full HOTAS to work (ended up having to force it through with virtual joystick software) but it seemed to natively recognize my joystick?

Edit:I just looked up what a force feedback joystick is. Holy crap that is amazing. It's too bad they don't make affordable ones anymore.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      edited November 2020

1. Whats a force feedback joystick?
      2. I definitely had some issues getting my full HOTAS to work (ended up having to force it through with virtual joystick software) but it seemed to natively recognize my joystick?

Edit:I just looked up what a force feedback joystick is. Holy crap that is amazing. It's too bad they don't make affordable ones anymore.

Yeah, it was a era that came and went (to my great dismay). I actually had one of the very few full HOTAS FF-sets, the Logitech G940, a beautiful yet flawed product, when I was an undergraduate in college. And virtually all modern HOTAS setups appear as two or more USB devices, which old games will not natively recognize.

The TIE Fighter Total Conversion is, depending on how you feel about visually upgraded X-Wing Alliance, an amazing way to re-experience the best Star Wars space combat simulator (yes, I said it, come at me). It's a remarkable effort on the part of the modding community in any case.

I'm of the opinion of that XWA is a little too long in the tooth (I would rather just play TF Windows 95 version, but that has weird issues to get running potentially), but I'm curious to see what the X-Wing Virtual Machine project can do with TFTC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBFVMD-PrU

Synthesis on
    • Options
      Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
      Finally got PSVR, whats the consensus on this game using PSVR?

Steam: kaylesolo1
      3DS: 1521-4165-5907
      PS3: KayleSolo
      Live: Kayle Solo
      WiiU: KayleSolo
    • Options
      Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
      The HOTAS as two devices problem is fixable pretty easily with Joystick Gremlin.