As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]light: Breaking Dawn: Part 2

1939495969799»

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m mulling a new PC build. Is there a point to water cooling if I’m not going to overclock? Is overclocking even a thing anymore?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    There was an earthquake?

Yeah a 3.1 from Edison.

Apparently NYC/Staten Island folks felt it but I didn’t feel anything?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The big Xbox seems very niche to me. It seems to rely heavily on devs bothering to make their games scale with the extra power, which doesn't seem likely for third party stuff

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Look, you can't make an omelette without (Pyre spoilers)
    freeing a homicidal harpy from exile and allowing her to assassinate a few government leaders

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Huh! Surprised they're launching the Smol alongside the Bigboi.

When you can say you launched the cheapest next gen console by over $100 (probalbly $150) thats how you win.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I feel nothing

• Options
    I feel nothing

I was asking about you feeling the earthquake, not your general sense of self :p

• Options
    I was slightly restless last night maybe it woke me up without me realizing it

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The big Xbox seems very niche to me. It seems to rely heavily on devs bothering to make their games scale with the extra power, which doesn't seem likely for third party stuff

True IF MS was the only game in town but Sony is there without a lower end console and they marketing the high end.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    OK, I have actually had this 1070 card since early 2017. *self-rationalizing*

I think I have a 650W PSU though, seems they recommend a minimum of 750W.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm actually a little surprised they didn't delay it to launch with Halo... 7? The new Halo with that grumpy looking guy.

Also I am very sleepy cause I've got a weird recursive loop going on with Xbox names - I swear the One X was named after the One S, but the Series X isn't the One X and there's now a Series S, so they're like different things and

oh hey did they add a Share button to the controller?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    I’m mulling a new PC build. Is there a point to water cooling if I’m not going to overclock? Is overclocking even a thing anymore?

They're also very quiet

• Options
    X Box S X One X

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm actually a little surprised they didn't delay it to launch with Halo... 7? The new Halo with that grumpy looking guy.

Also I am very sleepy cause I've got a weird recursive loop going on with Xbox names - I swear the One X was named after the One S, but the Series X isn't the One X and there's now a Series S, so they're like different things and

oh hey did they add a Share button to the controller?

I wonder if anybody has ever deliberately pressed the share button on a PS4 controller

• Options

I was awake and nada. My dog didn’t even react.

I also live on the 7th floor of my building so I would’ve assumed I’d felt some swaying.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

True IF MS was the only game in town but Sony is there without a lower end console and they marketing the high end.

And it's essentially just a PC, so it'll probably like the PC version with high settings.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    OK I looked it up, the One X came out years ago and is unrelated to the Series X, which is the new one, because they cowarded out on calling it Xbox Two. Cool!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I want a disc drive on my console because that's how I play DVDs and Blu-Rays.

I'm mad as hell it doesn't have a VHS cassette slot as well.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Is Crusader Kings III more beginner friendly than II was?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Bogart wrote: »
    I want a disc drive on my console because that's how I play DVDs and Blu-Rays.

I'm mad as hell it doesn't have a VHS cassette slot as well.

At least it'll still play laser- and mini- discs

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    What a terrible naming scheme

they're reusing names already and picked two letters that sound almost exactly the same

• Options
  • Options
    I know X and S are the "cool" letter folks but seriously

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    They could have gone with the Xbox 69 and Xbox 420.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Is Crusader Kings III more beginner friendly than II was?

It has a better UI and tutorial, but it is still overall the same game. If you bounced in the first hour, then this could click.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

hey neat, on the 6th layer there's an X molded into the plasti-that's why it's called Xbox oh shi

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    When does the Series E come out?

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

I was awake and nada. My dog didn’t even react.

I also live on the 7th floor of my building so I would’ve assumed I’d felt some swaying.

My building is very old so it sways when theres strong enough gusts of wind

• Options
    I don't really have a problem with downloading all my games, though. I own two hard copy PS4 games, both of which I bought with the console as part of a bundle. It's the fact that I'd have to get another piece of kit to play movies that would annoy me into buying the non-disc version.

• Options
    Burpette's preschool dropped a dvd of photos of her time there off and we have no way to read it. I'll have to take it North at some point to my dad's museum of outdated technology so I can stick it on THE CLOUD or maybe a usb stick

• Options
    I don't really have a problem with downloading all my games, though. I own two hard copy PS4 games, both of which I bought with the console as part of a bundle. It's the fact that I'd have to get another piece of kit to play movies that would annoy me into buying the non-disc version.

I don't honestly use all that many dvds these days either. Everything is streaming or digitally available somewhere.

• Options
    Burpette's preschool dropped a dvd of photos of her time there off and we have no way to read it. I'll have to take it North at some point to my dad's museum of outdated technology so I can stick it on THE CLOUD or maybe a usb stick

Do Boots or similar places still do stuff like this?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I bumped the dvd drive in my desktop this weekend. I forgot it had one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I am sleepy but i must stay awake.

Dis is brutal

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ugh, consciousness.

• Options

Do Boots or similar places still do stuff like this?

It's not impossible. I may take it if I ever go to the town centre again.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 0.8

@nexuscrawler will create the new thread
    @nexuscrawler is backup

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I don't honestly use all that many dvds these days either. Everything is streaming or digitally available somewhere.

Not everything is streaming, and things that are are often not for long on any particular streaming service, and if it's older than a few years the version you're watching may be atrocious because it's not like Amazon care about your viewing experience.

The convenience of replacing DVDs with seven different subscription services with ever-changing libraries of varying quality is a space saver in the home but not a fantastic improvement otherwise.

• Options
    You can't stop the complaints of old Luddites, Geth.

This discussion has been closed.