As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    took 102, but i got ch'alter.

also snagged mizuki and a bunch of la plumas, so all in all i'm happy with how it went.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Ugh, gross. I didn't have to go to pity but it was close; 200 pulls right on the money.
    Got a full potential La Pluma, an Exu potential, three Mizuki's ( :x ), and finally a Ch'alter.

RIP EXP and LMD now.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Spent the lot of my saved resources, 1 Mizuki, full potential La Pluma, no Ch'ens. Thanks for the off banner Ceobe... There's still time with daily pulls and such, but this looks bad for now.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Soooooo.... I got Ch'en on my 1 free pull of the day. LOL. There goes my luck for the rest of the year. I pulled a little more and got the other two. No extra copies of Ch'en tho. Not sure how much more I'll dip to try for more or if I just call one copy good enough... (I did get a second copy of the other 6* guy who I don't care about that much, though his e2 art is sick)

Also rip, I thought that "instant upgrade to e2" thing worked for everyone but it's ONLY for 5*s. Ugg. I was gonna use it for Ch'en :/ I ended up using it on La Pluma instead. I'm not sure I would have bought it if I knew it wasn't for 6*s but *shrug*

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    got everyone from banner in 150 rolls

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I spent all the monies I had (60 pulls+ the 1 free one) of 5* and 6* I got:
    2 Ch'ens
    Passenger
    Broca
    La Pluma
    Toddifons

All of which were new to me, so I'm very happy with that haul. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    This is the first anniversary banner out of all of them where I got lucky. Got both 6 Stars with stocked up tickets.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I had to spam around 30 recruitments to get the last two yellow certs I needed to buy another 10 ticket, but said 10 pull did get me Summer Ch'en so it was heall worth. 64 pull all together, which wasn't that bad.

She's E2 90 now, and I have the mats to M3 her skill 3 so that will be done when it's done

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

I don't like to double post in gacha threads, but I feel like this is important news

From the latest CN info stream, Kroos Alter as a 5* welfare in an upcoming event

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    How did I never notice there was an Arknights thread before, that is actually crazy. HELLO ARKNIGHTS THREAD. I have been playing since uhhhh April??? Last year? Like literally tail end of the Surtr banner, didn't have a chance to even roll on it cuz brand new, and I think the Blemishine event was my first one. ANYWAY, here, have a silly lil video i made, as a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgnmQnKL15k

I cleared DH-9 and was like "yeah okay that went well, how can I get it to a trustfarm". Then I was like "okay, but, what if we made it even faster." I am particularly proud of that Weedy YEET into the Ch'en drop. Was it necessary? No. Was it fucking hilarious? Yes. Pretty happy I'm at a point where I don't really need to rely on video guides anymore, I can just legit make my own strats. Unless it's a particularly hard one I get stuck on >_>

This event is pretty cool though, I really love the whole Stickers mechanic. I gotttt Ch'en Alter in 70 pulls? And like 3 pot La Pluma (who is like really cool!!). No Mizuki, ain't gonna do more pulls outside of the free daily ones.

edit: OH and for EXTRA FUN, here's a video I made when I had like practically nothing for the Blem event but still managed to Pull It Off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc2Joqriyw

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    How did I never notice there was an Arknights thread before, that is actually crazy. HELLO ARKNIGHTS THREAD. I have been playing since uhhhh April??? Last year? Like literally tail end of the Surtr banner, didn't have a chance to even roll on it cuz brand new, and I think the Blemishine event was my first one. ANYWAY, here, have a silly lil video i made, as a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgnmQnKL15k

I cleared DH-9 and was like "yeah okay that went well, how can I get it to a trustfarm". Then I was like "okay, but, what if we made it even faster." I am particularly proud of that Weedy YEET into the Ch'en drop. Was it necessary? No. Was it fucking hilarious? Yes. Pretty happy I'm at a point where I don't really need to rely on video guides anymore, I can just legit make my own strats. Unless it's a particularly hard one I get stuck on >_>

This event is pretty cool though, I really love the whole Stickers mechanic. I gotttt Ch'en Alter in 70 pulls? And like 3 pot La Pluma (who is like really cool!!). No Mizuki, ain't gonna do more pulls outside of the free daily ones.

edit: OH and for EXTRA FUN, here's a video I made when I had like practically nothing for the Blem event but still managed to Pull It Off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc2Joqriyw

A reminder if you didn't notice this, you actually need a 3 turret kill on DH-9 for rewards, which does require leaving the boss' boat alive for a little bit. I found this much more annoying than just completing the stage in the most obvious way.

• Options
    So I finally decided to M3 by Exusiai's S3, and it had a random side effect of completely borking my annihilation setup.
    I guess the timing changed enough now that her skill isn't up when the big boss appears so she doesn't do enough damage to him before she dies; this cascades into letting him survive while walking through my zone of blocking/damage. Had to do a takeover during the last 15 kills and re-adjust to compensate.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    SPICY LIL SOMETHIN' I FOUND IN DH-9 (which I initially found out about on Reddit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1M0jEniCEk

Was too funny not to record, honestly. I don't even need to do it, and it probably doesn't make a lick of a difference timewise, but Memes, y'all. Uhh wow though, this took like frame perfect timing on my part. I think it works more reliably with Suzu S3 but guess who doesn't have Suzu at E2 yet :T

A reminder if you didn't notice this, you actually need a 3 turret kill on DH-9 for rewards, which does require leaving the boss' boat alive for a little bit. I found this much more annoying than just completing the stage in the most obvious way.

Oh yeah no, I got that in... my first clear, or the several subsequent clears where I was optimizing the trust farm, I think? This was after already having gotten that :P

Lorek wrote: »
    So I finally decided to M3 by Exusiai's S3, and it had a random side effect of completely borking my annihilation setup.
    I guess the timing changed enough now that her skill isn't up when the big boss appears so she doesn't do enough damage to him before she dies; this cascades into letting him survive while walking through my zone of blocking/damage. Had to do a takeover during the last 15 kills and re-adjust to compensate.

Exu's S3M3 takes 10 seconds to wind up, so if you can factor that in, you should be able to have it pop right when the boss spawns

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    This reminds me I still need to do the other unlockable stages.. I tried the first one and kept getting my ass kicked.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    the special stages are a little wild, first challenge mode being -1 block with guys who require 3 block was just v rude.

had to use surtr strats

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the special stages are a little wild, first challenge mode being -1 block with guys who require 3 block was just v rude.

had to use surtr strats

Yeah uh jesus christ @ DH-S-2

Had to really workshop that one and went for a full on melee hug corner strat

A friend later told me that the bot lane splodey boats can be silenced...

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I've only done DH-S-1 so far, quickly realized that oh I actually have to think about these instead of just throwing down whatever.

Which hey, I don't mind that at all really, just haven't had the time to really focus on anything besides auto-deploy farming as of yet.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022

had to use surtr strats

Yeah, I have no patience (aka time) for such things so I'll probably just look up strats :P I did all the other ones myself, that's good enough. :P

P.S. - I wish there was a better way of telling which stickers you don't have vs. which stage they drop from. Unless I totally missed something in the big sticker list that says this, it's kind of like you have to look at which ones you are missing, remember what they look like, then go through the drop lists of each stage and hope you see the one you probably already forgot because they all look so generic :P ATM I've just been spamming rando stages hoping for new sticker drops. But they all drop so many it's annoying to tell which stickers are unique to which stages, etc.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    if you click the stickers in the sticker shop thing, it shows you which stages they drop from

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    if you click the stickers in the sticker shop thing, it shows you which stages they drop from

Ahh, I was wondering if that was the case. Of course I would never think to do this :P

• Options
    having the high tier stickers makes a big difference in how challenge modes can be approached

https://youtu.be/2PLlRS7HLVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_yCNl4GZk

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    2nd 6* out of the banner was Ch'en so I managed to get both banner 6* units in 71 pulls, was solid luck.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Orphane wrote: »
    having the high tier stickers makes a big difference in how challenge modes can be approached

I legit keep forgetting stickers are a thing beyond collecting them :P I should probably look at which ones I have equipped since I've unlocked most of them at this point :P (I'm maybe missing like 5?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    No Ch'en at 156 pulls. Feeling miserable over here...

• Options
    edited January 2022

*clicks upside-down heart "Not Awesome" button that doesn't exist*

At least there's still a few more free daily pulls I think? I dunno when they end.

Also if you haven't been participating in the anniversary website they have been giving away a bunch of free stuff there including the red whateveritscalled currency.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

At least there's still a few more free daily pulls I think? I dunno when they end.

Also if you haven't been participating in the anniversary website they have been giving away a bunch of free stuff there including the red whateveritscalled currency.

The one upside is that all of this wasted effort is merely the saved up resources of months + all the anniversary stuff. I haven't spent real cash... yet. I'll be letting it ride until time is nearly up, then make the hard decision if I actually want to buy any of this pack stuff for more tries (300 mercy is completely bananas).

• Options
    edited January 2022

The one upside is that all of this wasted effort is merely the saved up resources of months + all the anniversary stuff. I haven't spent real cash... yet. I'll be letting it ride until time is nearly up, then make the hard decision if I actually want to buy any of this pack stuff for more tries (300 mercy is completely bananas).

Yeah the pity pull stuff is absolutely dumb. I think it's tuned too high personally. I pulled a LOT on this banner trying to get some Ch'en merges and even I'm still only at like 150 pity. At least other games I've played have stuff where like, if you use paid currency you get 2x pity so it's like, if you spend real money it's less punishing. But Arknights doesn't really have a paid currency so it can't really do this. Still I think 150-200 is a reasonable pity price for the 6*s

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    200 would be harsh but doable v rarely. 300 is turbo whale

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The key is to complain a lot... Ch'en finally rolled up on today's free pull, #157. Highly recommend anyone getting hosed by this banner start belly aching about it to see results.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    So I didn't realize it wasn't possible to go beyond special stage 2 :P I actually got around to doing them (+ challenge mode) last night and realized it won't unlock stage 3 until the EX stages are unlocked on Friday. So um, I guess I'm done with the event until Saturday? Aside from just grinding for store points + that dumb medal that requires you to get recycling gifts like 5 times (yuck, it takes so long to get *one*.. Maybe it'll go faster now that I have all the stickers? I think you can recycle dupe stickers)

I also looked up a video for stage 9 that only used four operators so I loaded up the rest of my party with guards and slapped on the +10% trust to guards sticker (garbage those trust stickers can't be stacked) and made a new auto for that stage :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yes, you can recycle dupe stickers.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    So I didn't realize it wasn't possible to go beyond special stage 2 :P I actually got around to doing them (+ challenge mode) last night and realized it won't unlock stage 3 until the EX stages are unlocked on Friday. So um, I guess I'm done with the event until Saturday? Aside from just grinding for store points + that dumb medal that requires you to get recycling gifts like 5 times (yuck, it takes so long to get *one*.. Maybe it'll go faster now that I have all the stickers? I think you can recycle dupe stickers)

I also looked up a video for stage 9 that only used four operators so I loaded up the rest of my party with guards and slapped on the +10% trust to guards sticker (garbage those trust stickers can't be stacked) and made a new auto for that stage :3

Good news! Yes, you'll start getting them a bit faster once you have all the stickers since they can be recycled for more currency.
    Bad news! You need 10 recycling gifts for the medal, not 5.
    You also need to spend 10,000 currency for another medal, which is basically 10 gifts worth of currency as well.

Thankfully, this event is like 3-4 weeks long or something? Longer than normal anyway. But yeah, I hope you like stage 9 because you're gonna see a lot of it (or whatever farming stage you want to use anyway).

• Options
    i had to use a truly outrageous lineup of op units to do the challenge mode of the second special stage. i can't wait to watch kyo's video where he does it with a bunch of 3* units and surtr or whatever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Lorek wrote: »

Good news! Yes, you'll start getting them a bit faster once you have all the stickers since they can be recycled for more currency.
    Bad news! You need 10 recycling gifts for the medal, not 5.
    You also need to spend 10,000 currency for another medal, which is basically 10 gifts worth of currency as well.

Thankfully, this event is like 3-4 weeks long or something? Longer than normal anyway. But yeah, I hope you like stage 9 because you're gonna see a lot of it (or whatever farming stage you want to use anyway).

Honestly it might have been that I still needed 5 more when I looked at it last night since I know I've gotten a couple already. So maybe that's where I was getting that number from :P Or I'm just dumb and misread it :P

And yeah, I'm so used to these events being over so damn quick I was worried at first. But then I saw parts weren't even opening until the 21st so I figured I had time. Honestly I wish they'd make all of their events last a bit longer. Last one (CC?) I totally didn't get the chance to farm out all the mats in the store because it ended a day earlier than I expected :( (I think I always confuse their stupid end dates because the thing resets at like 6am so THAT is the end time of the event) Luckily I farmed all the really important ones, mostly just missed out on some mats I can farm elsewhere (I do think I missed a couple of the high end ones tho).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I'm still not sure which CM was harder, DH-S-1 or DH-S-2... I spent way more time slamming my head against 1 than 2 though. Mostly cause for 2 I adopted a full melee strat pretty quickly after realizing "wait this can work, heal tanks can actually sustain everyone". Adapted pretty fast to figuring out how to make that work, 1 was uhhh very very frantic at the start.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    personally I think 1 is more challenging in that -1 block requires you to deal with the motorboats in an alternate fashion rather than simply dropping a 3 block defender/guard, which made me have to shuffle some operators around

then again if you just planned on group nuking the boats with Silverash it probably didn't matter

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Orphane wrote: »
    personally I think 1 is more challenging in that -1 block requires you to deal with the motorboats in an alternate fashion rather than simply dropping a 3 block defender/guard, which made me have to shuffle some operators around

then again if you just planned on group nuking the boats with Silverash it probably didn't matter

I stacked three Supporters top lane and let em go nuts 8-)

High Tides does all the work, really, you just make sure they can't move. Glaucus and her bind tho :+1::+1::+1:

But it was the entire rest of the everything that made it really nutso.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I haven't even gotten to try the challenge for 1 because I just can't kill that first boat fast enough. :( only have 2* for it.

• Options
    Borrow a maxed surtr and go to town

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DH-EX-4 gave me life. I really miss non-Pay to win, non-looter shooter Plants vs Zombies.