As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Whew, man those DH-S-3/4 levels are something else. Finally got them down though; back again to farming until the last stage comes out. I'm assuming by the -0 that it's going to be one of those 400 enemies thingies. Looks like there's a lot of the Ch'en note things that you get from it; I assume it's a bunch to mark progress in the partial clears?
    Hopefully it drops a crapton of currency too because I am so, so far away from emptying the shop of non-infinite materials. Is that supposed to be possible? I've just barely made a dent in the second tier of items, but it's like 1500 currency to just buy-out one type of item (or 2000 for all the LMD, yikes).

Somehow still have to get another 1000 currency in recycling to get the 10 of 10 for the medal.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I guess I beat everything for now. The MO stage doesn't seem to be out yet? I did all the EXs and the last two DH-Ss over the weekend tho.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    DID U KNO: it is possible to clear DH-EX-5 and its CM with only 4 operators

Ol79vhd.png

Challenge Mode all like "The exploding boats EXPLODE HARDER" and I'm just like "okay cool, what if the boats didn't explode at all though"

Ideally I should've used a solid 2-block Vanguard along with Lapp, like maybe if she were higher level she could solo that entire lane by herself but it got close a few times and I had to heli-drop Myrtle in

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/SXDNlq-IuLc
    https://youtu.be/-6i39bAkzGU
    https://youtu.be/X6LsOVhOmGo

still out here with dp printing
    also i didn't bother with any of the stickers that are conditional at all mostly because they feel extraneous with 3 devices available

• Options
    edited January 2022

edit:
    that's a wrap, just farming for store stuff now
    wswc15xaqkf1.png

Orphane on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    It took long enough, but I'm finally max level (120). Really makes me wish the levels past the one that gets you to 135 stamina... did anything. Like, a small currency bonus (of any kind), that's how other gacha games I've played handled increasing the cap when they didn't want the player to have any more energy.

• Options
    I should probably check if I have all the medals. I think I do? But I'm not positive if I finished the recycle 10 things one yet or not.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had to grind a bunch extra for the 10 recycle and shop medals.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Anyone know if I'm better off dumping my remaining sanity pots tomorrow in the summer event for the infinite materials? Or better to save them for Friday for the eunectes event rerun?

• Options
    edited February 2022
    onD2Z8u.png

All done!!!

DH-MO-1 was obnoxious, I'd get to like 395/400 and just BLORF my team would explode. Some fine tuning later and ez pz

1UX0n0M.png

My basic setup, more or less. I recreated this after the fact but for the actual clear I left Myrtle in there til about ~200 DP, Just In Case. I'd swap SAsh in for Saria at times, Saria being on S1 to cover some healing for inc burst damage (and usually after SAsh used Truesilver, since the deploy cd is shorter than leaving him in)

Stickers used:
    +200 Atk on Melee
    +200 Def on Ranged
    Melee Regens 50 Erosion per sec
    Ranged Regens 50 Erosion per sec
    Melee no longer has ASPD penalty under Erosion

Tried a ranged heavy setup and it wasn't working, just went full in on melee beefers, gave them the +Atk since my ranged DPS already hit like trucks, and gave my ranged the +Def since they'd get stomped otherwise.

I used a borrowed S3 Skadi Alter though and WOWWW Caster Skalter is LEGIT AF. That True Damage fucking melts. MVP for sure.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I borrowed a Thorns for it, but I should have used Ch'en Alter instead. All these beefy units were made for her to destroy with her S3.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Whenever I'm feeling super lazy I look up Yanfly's setups and see what I can adjust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPJ49itnXx8

And yes, the finale of this event is very much made for Ch'en to show off.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I forgot to finish the challenge modes for this event and I don't know if I have the motivation to do it in the next 7 hours or so.

Oh well, it's fine, playing less gacha is probably healthy anyways

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Whenever I'm feeling super lazy I look up Yanfly's setups and see what I can adjust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPJ49itnXx8

And yes, the finale of this event is very much made for Ch'en to show off.

3Yp9tqK.png
    dying @ this

"Whoops, thought the Trimmed Medal meant I had to clear it with 6 or less Operators..."

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Rereading the medal requirement, I have it trimmed but actually have no idea what it IS asking for.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Rereading the medal requirement, I have it trimmed but actually have no idea what it IS asking for.

More or less "you can't have more than 6 deaths/retreats during High Tides"

So basically as long as you kept everyone alive it was like an automatic thing :V

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

More or less "you can't have more than 6 deaths/retreats during High Tides"

So basically as long as you kept everyone alive it was like an automatic thing :V

Ah so that's what it was. I just magically got it without bothering to read :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Came back to this during the last event because Ch'en :P. (Who I managed to get :biggrin: )

Rolled on Kalt'sit banner and got Mudrock. Which is a pretty good way to miss since I didn't have her. Does Eunectes offer anything really over my usual staples for defenders? (Hoshi, Saria, Blaze basically is one...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Eunectes was functionally depreciated when mudrock came out imo.

Giant stat ball, fiddly to use tho. Eunectes is more like an enmity guard you can heal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    At least the banner 5 Star this event was good and brings something new that isn't covered by current 6 Stars. Enmity Guard with AoE. She's... pretty good.

• Options
    Eunectes is pretty niche, but that said she's pretty damn good for her niche. She's extremely good at 1v1s, boasts the longest stun in the entire game at 18 seconds long, and can even 1v1 the likes of Patriot.

Downsides include only having 1 Block, only able to get SP while blocking a unit.

Not worth rolling for tho, imo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Kinda bummed about rerunning an event sans the best thing about that event. Was it too much of a server load or do they just kind of suck for not bringing the roguelike mode back? Do love the new skins though, so at least there's that.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, the roguelike mode was neat. Also, I love that the entire justification for it is "Ceobe got high on shrooms".

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    they probably didn't bring back fungimist because roguelike season 2 will be coming eventually

also while as a first stab fungimist was alright as a roguelike it definitely had some glaring design/balance flaws

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i fuckin' hated fungimist. god what a terrible mode.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i fuckin' hated fungimist. god what a terrible mode.

Throw me in the 'I hated it' pile as well. It was too unbalanced and rng-reliant to be fun.

• Options
    Going through the EX stages and enjoying how much damage an E1 max Mizuki is doing. He isn't high on my E2 list, but a nice added extra for the first few at least.

Also, is the Utage outfit available? Is it an EX stage reward? I haven't spotted it anywhere yet.

• Options
    Fungimist was unbalanced, sure. But it was also the only mode in the game that asked you not to just pick the best possible Operators at the highest level on dunk on enemies. You actually had important reasons to field 3 and 4 stars, and their development mattered to your success. It was also the most fun mode to idly play while watching TV. Basically, Fungimist was the first time Arknights felt like a real game to me, and not just a gacha with surprisingly not terrible levels.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    bugger. looks like the Utage outfit did not make a return.

I realize now that it was part of the Fungimist content and they kept Kay away form the shrooms this time.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    The Ange outfit brings the hardest choice now.

Adorable as hell Coral Coast or stick with the badass Bloodline of Combat skin?

• Options
    Ez Bloodline no contest it's the raddest shit

The Coral Coast one is p cute tho....

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    also, I'm farming rocks now... I don't seem to be going through a ton of RMA but rocks... holy crap rocks.

• Options
    I loved and hated fungimist. Loved the concept but it was too stupidly hard. Like, punishingly ridiculously hard. Your success was dictated almost purely on which characters you were able to get and which rng missions you drew. And most missions were tuned to assuming you had more characters than you probably did when you got to them.

It was still a fun mode tho. Just way too hard.

• Options
    the updated roguelike mode seems to show a lot of promise

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

Holy shit, they finally announced Pink Korone for CN servers

The meme is dead!

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »

Holy shit, they finally announced Pink Korone for CN servers

The meme is dead!

it's not really appropriate to call her that anymore because she has a name, it's Goldenglow, and also
    she's not a dog at all, she's a Scottish Fold cat

from the artist:

• Options
  • Options
    VI-7 = Danger Room safeties all turned to off. Difficulty maximum. Doctuh Must Die mode.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I see they have created Space Invaders in Arknights...

I only did like 5 of the new maps (I was tired and that was enough progress for yesterday :P) but so far pretty easy. But the early ones are always easy too.

The currency kinda feels like it might be a pain to get? I haven't even gotten enough for the character tokens yet and I've essentially done 10 stages (5 + challenge mode for each). Is there some kind of achievement thingy that gives more rewards I'm not seeing? There usually is one but I didn't see one here, just the store and movies.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I see they have created Space Invaders in Arknights...

I only did like 5 of the new maps (I was tired and that was enough progress for yesterday :P) but so far pretty easy. But the early ones are always easy too.

The currency kinda feels like it might be a pain to get? I haven't even gotten enough for the character tokens yet and I've essentially done 10 stages (5 + challenge mode for each). Is there some kind of achievement thingy that gives more rewards I'm not seeing? There usually is one but I didn't see one here, just the store and movies.

Regular stages pay out too, just play as normal once you clear the event stages.