As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Doing the G5 in hopes of a discount...

Single 1 - 4*
    Single 2 - 4*
    Single 6 - 4*
    Single 8 - 4*
    Single 9 - 4*
    Single 10 - Istina P2

Boooo.

Okay, well then:
    fWvW41cl.jpg

ty cert store, I now finally have all the initial 6*s
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Do you guys run 3-4 or 4-10 for devices? Trying to M3 Angelina's S3 and it needs a bunch (I already bought 10 from the cert shop).
    I run 3-4, it's better for other drops.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It's super tempting to just throw in the certs and grab Hoshiguma. She and Shining are the only recruitable 6*s I don't have yet... not sure if it's worth it when I have Cuora and Saria at E2 and Hellagur to raise up later and such though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    It's super tempting to just throw in the certs and grab Hoshiguma. She and Shining are the only recruitable 6*s I don't have yet... not sure if it's worth it when I have Cuora and Saria at E2 and Hellagur to raise up later and such though.
    But the skiiiiiiin

Hoshiguma is an AoE Guard stapled to a Defender chassis. You don't always need this, but for operator limited strategies (especially current CC main map), it's really hard to get away from her.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Spectrum wrote: »
    But the skiiiiiiin

Hoshiguma is an AoE Guard stapled to a Defender chassis. You don't always need this, but for operator limited strategies (especially current CC main map), it's really hard to get away from her.

Oh right. The skin. Uh...

Edit: And bought. I still have enough certs for the next 5* that shows up anyways... my backlog of monsters to E2 just won't stop growing.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    The daily, basically the same as last time

https://youtu.be/K-fJvoT5Rqs

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    rolled nightmare but it was ok since it only took 3 rolls

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Brute-forced the daily

https://youtu.be/C5YrTPV2ufQ

but you can also just as easily create a hell gauntlet for the Possessed instead and take that risk

edit: filmed it
    https://youtu.be/kP_Z3ur5ssc

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Hey all, I started playing this game and it seems neat. I'm about lvl 6 and at the story 2-7. I'm at a point where I'm running out of lmd so I can't use all the boxes I have to upgrade people, and I'm starting to fail the missions so I guess it means I should start being efficient.

What advice do you have for a newcomer in this situation?
    Also, I can't get any more clues and don't really know what to do with them. What do I do with them?

Any kind of direction would be appreciated. I'm running into elite casters and I don't really know what's the best type against them. Here's who I have so far, maybe you can guide me into which to focus on for now?

wqm67xoiqblc.png

aihba6d2s6bf.png

jezo7d2n24ks.png

• Options
    Welcome!
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Hey all, I started playing this game and it seems neat. I'm about lvl 6 and at the story 2-7. I'm at a point where I'm running out of lmd so I can't use all the boxes I have to upgrade people, and I'm starting to fail the missions so I guess it means I should start being efficient.

You'll want to start focusing your XP into fewer operators for now. Depth is good but you can only bring up to 12 operators, so when you're real early on it doesn't do you a lot of good to have 30 operators with middling levels.

Raise Melantha, she's one of the early account carries.
    You can probably stop raising Ambriel and Mousse for now. Ambriel has a gimmick you rarely need/can play around with better placement instead and you basically just don't need 1 block Arts guards for most content. Similarly Beehunter is not very good.
    You probably don't need to raise Scavenger, Plume, and Fang more since you have Zima, Vigna, and Myrtle.

Right now is a special period where all the stages are active. That means LMD daily is always available, so you can start trying to do the highest you can of that, then pour XP into your chosen team to Elite 0 max, then start working on the chip missions to promote people.
    Also, I can't get any more clues and don't really know what to do with them. What do I do with them?
    Clues are used to throw parties in Reception, which will give 210 credits on completion. You can attend up to 10 parties thrown by friends each day for 30 credits per party attended.
    You can give unlimited clues you found to other people each day for 20 credits per.
    You can also get credits for clues given to you by other people 3 times a day for 15, 10, and 5 credits.

Meta wise, once you fill your friend list, you can more or less safely give away non-4 and 5 clues as those are the only ones that are slightly harder to find. The distribution is influenced by the operators you put in Reception and the skills they have and the ones who boost those rates are the rarest.

Credits you then spend in the Credit store in the shop for first time operators at certain thresholds, then when those run out for materials.
    Any kind of direction would be appreciated. I'm running into elite casters and I don't really know what's the best type against them. Here's who I have so far, maybe you can guide me into which to focus on for now?
    Other than the above mentioned, two things to help you:
    1) Aggro control is key. Importantly, the LAST operator dropped is the one that is preferentially attacked, meaning if possible it's best to get your formation set up and then drop your Defender last.
    2) Elite Casters and other powerful ranged units are vulnerable to having assassins dropped on their head if you can't duel them out with ST snipers/casters in your main formation. Duelist Guards (Melantha/Matoimaru archetype), Red, some of the 1 block vanguards, or a few certain other unique operators can generally handle casters and be retreated afterwards.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    One more tip, when you fail a mission you can click on the info box for the enemies and it will give you information about what each enemy does. Most importantly, it tells you what kind of attack damage they do, and how their defenses are set up. If you see a low grade in Arts (magic) defense, that means a caster is the best kind of unit to kill that enemy. And vice versa, lower physical defense means you should use a Guard or a Sniper (generally speaking) to kill that kind of enemy instead.

Also, practice the levels that give you LMD, experience, and promotion chips to see which ones you can beat right now. Any one of those you conquer will be a long term help towards building your team. As a general rule, try practicing any stage before doing it for stamina on your first try, that will let you get further while using less stamina (since you should be able to win on your first try for stamina).

• Options
    Well, I legitimately how no idea where to start on today's daily. Its my least favorite map.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I got the 8 risk but I'll be damned if I know how to do this with only a deployment of 4 for the one challenge.

• Options
    Risk 10 on the daily, including the target contract

https://youtu.be/J1eROAB78W8

1 value risks are free to drop to get to 8
    Or split the target contract off and drop to Deployment limit 5 if you can't juggle retreats

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm pretty proud of this daily. I started doing a more heavy Supporter strat that also used Glaucus, Istina, and Manticore but then realized a super charged Angelina could take out every wave except one by herself and switched to that + ranged guards. Thank you Ptilo, you are the best battery owl.

6IDWsao.png

Only used these 7, but did use them all. I might have not needed the robots but they helped secure things. Specter was not used until the end to handle the final big enemy, which she can hot drop and go into rage for. Didn't do any redeploying with this strat.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    I got the 8 risk but I'll be damned if I know how to do this with only a deployment of 4 for the one challenge.

I did it like this (note, Exia, Eyja, and Plat are E2, BP is E1 and I'm using the support contract, which is generally advisable when going for the weirdo risk).
    -Start with a two vanguard deployment ASAP to get your costs fulfilled. (Texas + Zima, Myrtle would be just fine too.)
    -Deploy two snipers in the left most lane, one space below the top and one space above the bottom, respectively. This exposes them to fire, but it should be okay if they're not super weak. The placement is for coverage. (Exia + Plat)
    -Delete one of the Vanguards and place your third sniper between the first two. (BP)
    -Delete the last Vanguard, place the cleanup caster in the dead center, facing backwards. (Eyja)

That was victory for me, but you might need to bring a bunch of additional snipers for recovery if you get shot to death too quickly. You can also bring Project Red or Gravel as a panic button if something is about to escape you.

Edit: Unrelated, but this weekend I was able to take both Blaze and Saria to E2. Love it when all the levels are open at once, wish it was always the case.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Welcome!

You'll want to start focusing your XP into fewer operators for now. Depth is good but you can only bring up to 12 operators, so when you're real early on it doesn't do you a lot of good to have 30 operators with middling levels.

Raise Melantha, she's one of the early account carries.
    You can probably stop raising Ambriel and Mousse for now. Ambriel has a gimmick you rarely need/can play around with better placement instead and you basically just don't need 1 block Arts guards for most content. Similarly Beehunter is not very good.
    You probably don't need to raise Scavenger, Plume, and Fang more since you have Zima, Vigna, and Myrtle.

Right now is a special period where all the stages are active. That means LMD daily is always available, so you can start trying to do the highest you can of that, then pour XP into your chosen team to Elite 0 max, then start working on the chip missions to promote people.
    Clues are used to throw parties in Reception, which will give 210 credits on completion. You can attend up to 10 parties thrown by friends each day for 30 credits per party attended.
    You can give unlimited clues you found to other people each day for 20 credits per.
    You can also get credits for clues given to you by other people 3 times a day for 15, 10, and 5 credits.

Meta wise, once you fill your friend list, you can more or less safely give away non-4 and 5 clues as those are the only ones that are slightly harder to find. The distribution is influenced by the operators you put in Reception and the skills they have and the ones who boost those rates are the rarest.

Credits you then spend in the Credit store in the shop for first time operators at certain thresholds, then when those run out for materials.
    Other than the above mentioned, two things to help you:
    1) Aggro control is key. Importantly, the LAST operator dropped is the one that is preferentially attacked, meaning if possible it's best to get your formation set up and then drop your Defender last.
    2) Elite Casters and other powerful ranged units are vulnerable to having assassins dropped on their head if you can't duel them out with ST snipers/casters in your main formation. Duelist Guards (Melantha/Matoimaru archetype), Red, some of the 1 block vanguards, or a few certain other unique operators can generally handle casters and be retreated afterwards.

Thanks! The advice has already helped me advance in some of the levels. I'll be sending some friend requests soon for all those clues.

• Options
    Welp, just uh leaving this here

bRHolSUl.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I may hate today's stage... but on the plus side?

Blaze E2. Not sure who I'm going to promote next, because the backlog hasn't gotten any shorter. But...

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Probably could be cleaner today but this isn't my favorite stage and I can't be bothered to redo it

https://youtu.be/bjDBvNucPV8

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Have I completely lost my marbles or is this map slightly different from last week? I do not remember having to shore up that middle lane last time.. I thought everyone was coming around and going in on the right side.
    Have a new hatred towards those stupid block-ignoring guys that run into that lane.
    Managed to get through it by nuking that the last charging bully on the right side with Amiya's S3. She murders it and then despawns just in time for me to take that deployment point and drop Angelina to slow on the middle lane and catch those sneaky fuckers that get by.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Have I completely lost my marbles or is this map slightly different from last week? I do not remember having to shore up that middle lane last time.. I thought everyone was coming around and going in on the right side.
    Have a new hatred towards those stupid block-ignoring guys that run into that lane.
    Managed to get through it by nuking that the last charging bully on the right side with Amiya's S3. She murders it and then despawns just in time for me to take that deployment point and drop Angelina to slow on the middle lane and catch those sneaky fuckers that get by.

it's different pathting yeah.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    There are contracts this time that remove the generators or whatever they are.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    so controversial opinion: annihilation maps take too fucking long god damn it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Hmm... actually that's an interesting thought if removing them actually makes defense easier by just letting you field a murderblob. I mean, Saria+Nearl+Spectre+Blaze will just block all the things happily.

• Options

Hmm... actually that's an interesting thought if removing them actually makes defense easier by just letting you field a murderblob. I mean, Saria+Nearl+Spectre+Blaze will just block all the things happily.
    Not really, the paths where you would want to choke have undeployable tiles. You still need to guard effectively 2 approaches.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Not really, the paths where you would want to choke have undeployable tiles. You still need to guard effectively 2 approaches.

Yeah, found that out :(. I did the remove-2 for my 8 instead, as that leaves the center one in place and lets me just murderblob as usual.

Blaze is really, really dumb when her S2 turns on. That's not remotely fair.

• Options
    so controversial opinion: annihilation maps take too fucking long god damn it

I don’t think that opinion is controversial.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm just shoveling all my sources of Orundum into a hole marked "Bagpipe money" and then throwing lit matches into the hole at this point. 2 weeks of Annihilations gone now. A few more single pulls (maybe 2?) left. Then we start making decisions about Originium...

Edit: For those who like both things, Hololive EN is making an Arknights character tier list...
    https://youtu.be/BEiVBJ0RuBE

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Sorry about the double post, didn't want to overburden the previous one.
    https://youtu.be/zaQa4ttIyNo
    I decided to use my Org Primes on Hoshi's skin instead of Bagpipe rolls. She was going to dodge me anyway and she's not a limited op, so maybe she'll be a nice surprise later... :(:(:(

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    g17Iyh2.png?1

old man weeb carries the day vs ice weebs

with this setup it was easy to do 9 risk without the +50% movespeed contract

with the movespeed contract it was very close at some point because some enemies managed to slip by BP's initial frontload so they could get to Hellagur while he was dueling ice weebs but thankfully the freeze durations worked out and Eyja was not frozen for those few that got by and nuked them

Orphane on
  • Options

This blurb is actually kinda troubling because it might mean that Global is playing fucky with banner order. It was expected that Darknights Memoir was next, overlapping near the end with 1st Anniversary. Instead, that blurb seems to sound like it's from Children of Ursus which is post Anniversary.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020

This blurb is actually kinda troubling because it might mean that Global is playing fucky with banner order. It was expected that Darknights Memoir was next, overlapping near the end with 1st Anniversary. Instead, that blurb seems to sound like it's from Children of Ursus which is post Anniversary.

I think that precedent was already set wasn't it? Didn't we get some events out of order already?
    I wonder if they're going to try and space it out so W is still the anniversary unit. Oh well, full steam ahead, I want that roguelike mode ASAP.

Children of Ursus also has achievement medals, so we might be getting that after CC is done if that is the next event.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Thank god for everything open everyday plus 100 free daily sanity. Determination was high but I never want to see the red certificate level again.
    XoB60jf.jpg
    ibTJzkK.jpg

Now once next CC hits, I can get the second talent improvement.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Some of my progress. E2 and M3 Vamp to pair with my M3 Aak to really supercharge someone.

3NebO1s.jpg

Not Pictured: My recent E2 Myrrh and Gravel.

---

Daily Max Risk.

uIQ0xRG.png

I let one slip threw. Sue me.

---

Main Stage.

FCpVLND.png

I'm not sure how much further I can go without a Nian or a M3 Cliffheart. I also really need to M3 my Hoshiguma and Nearl before the next CC. I think I also preferred the easier Risk 18 week 1 non-push strat but higher risks force the push.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I can put a lvl 40 Nian with S3M3 up as a friend if you want.

• Options
    My attempt at the daily+target contract:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVHUkMICmsA

Technically a risk 9, just unselected

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    CC is only available to do for a short time, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    CC is only available to do for a short time, right?

This one is done the 26th

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, it's a limited time deal. It'll come around again with a new set of maps down the line.

It's basically the hard-mode event though, so if you can't clear stuff I wouldn't get too frustrated with it.

Bibeak was the main get this time around, not sure it's feasible to get her and the tokens now without breaking the main stage in half though.

Polaritie on