As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    As the party gets a chance to check in as to whether or not to accept the three Dwarven newcomers for the time being, please decide whether the Wild Bunch decides to *stay and camp* to at the moment with the dwarves here in this tunnel, or move through the secret tunnels as fast as possible* afterwards...the time is about 3pm at the current moment...

Geth roll 1d12 "Tunnel-Running"

"Tunnel-Running":
    1d12 3 [1d12=3]

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Now that he doesn't have a fainting dwarf to take care of Jack has used the heated discussion to slip to one of the chairs the dwarves had been using, sitting himself down and petting Mister Fusspot as the negotiation mounts.

"Pardon me..." he mumbles quietly to himself as he rummages through the trio's supplies for snacks, happily eating an inch cube of... something (ooh, mystery food) and is in the process of washing it down with some water when he hears the howls through the sending stone, chokes, then punches his chest, trying to break the hiccups.

He lifts his hand in a "wait, I got this" gesture and goes red-faced, thumping his chest a few more times with the other and before, with a sigh, returning to his usual Jack colours. Um. "Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. Um. I vote come with?"

Without thinking he resumes rummaging through the supply pile, that cube wasn't half bad.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Gotta move, keep going. No camping yet.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Charisma Check
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Investigation Check

Charisma Check:
    1d20+4 21 [1d20=17]
    Investigation Check:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern reckons they should be made use of, and that we must keep moving. He says much to that effect.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak nods as enough of the crew sound off. He extends his hand out and shakes Balog's, very firmly. "Sounds like we all agree. We'll travel together, we can watch yer back, you can fix this place."

Oak almost adds a threat about stabbing them in the back, but decides to leave it unsaid. Better to project one big team than sow distrust from the beginning. He releases Balog's hand, and lifts his axe up to rest on his shoulder. "Right then, I think we all be ready to get moving. Gather up what you need, then we can head out."

• Options
    edited June 2021
    THE GREY MAW- WESTERN SECTION, DWARVEN TUNNELS- 2:40pm

Balog the Bold returns Oak’s handshake. A grin washes over his face (more of a smirk, really; the dwarf is *very* pleased with himself for this). “Well then…strange meetings and all that, right? No harm, no foul I suppose,…” Erik, currently bandaging his gouged forehead, *glares* at his boss’s back and the newcomers, but says nothing. He steers *very* wide of Arno. Olaf seems to still be getting over his fear of the group as well: in particular, he stays away from Oak and Jack for the moment.

Balog’s eyes dart away from Oak’s face just before the handshake ends (Oak, you get the feeling he had the same thought you did just now about backstabbing. But whether it was a personal concern, or momentary guilt that washed over his face, you can’t be sure). “Erik! Take the rear, til’ you start feeling yourself again. Olaf! Buck up, and man the wheelbarrow,” Balog kicks a nearby wheelbarrow, half-loaded down with familiar Building Supplies. “I’ll take the lead, an’ keep an eye out fer Gerdie. Cramped quarters, gentlemen…you *do* have my apologies!” Balog seems insincere, but there’s little anyone can do: the tunnel was dug for dwarves, and you all have to proceed single file (two to a side, if they were uncomfortably shoulder to shoulder) up the tunnel to the West

Early Afternoon

You finally find Gerdie, a few miles deeper into the tunnel. The donkey has stumbled into another one of the Dwarves hidden cache spots, and is currently munching on whole grains it has broken out of a crate. The dwarves catch and calm the creature.

Olaf gratefully takes the handles of the wheelbarrow from his shoulders and straps Gerdie into his place. As he does so, Erik cheerfully explains the tunnels, his enthusiasm overcoming his distrust of the strangers. “Cut the tunnels we’re walking in less than a year, actually! Wasn’t that hard, once you dig out the initial frame: the snakes left this whole place swiss-cheesed, *most* of the work had already been done for us! Were able to seal the pinpricks once inside, too. *Real* pain was moving the rocks, but if you know what yer doing, the pumps take care of the mess for for ya!”

“It was…*A LOT* of work,” Olaf says, weighed down by the memory.

“Worth it though…we’re still alive, ain’t we? Can move about the place, can’t we?” Balog chastises his companion. Then he turns back towards Oak. “Yeh, be on the listen an’ lookout there,” says Balog. “Snakes like to use these holes still…some little ones, some *real* big ones. Place was made for fish and snakes to get about in ways people can’t. *Most* are gone, but the ones still around…” Balog shakes his head sullenly.

“Watch yer’ ass out there. The fishies get a good look at you, then get their buddies to follow behind…and once there’s enough of em’? (Balog *slaps* hands together, a clear sign of violent conflict). The snakes are a little easier to handle. Most are here on pilgrimages: if you can hand em’ something from the place, an Artifact or Trinket, you can *usually* get em’ to leave you alone…”

Early Evening

You all begin to hear *hissing* through the vents, familiar, and feeling unnerving close. It sounds like the snake in the walls is singing, intercut with the occasional bit of Common or Draconic. Even through the language barrier, the creature’s noises sound like more like *ravings*.

Erik and Olaf bunch closer together, teeth chattering and staring up at the walls. Balog shakes his head at the two cowardly dwarves. “We’re alright, in here: sealed the place airtight, snakes can’t get into the tunnels. Still, the *shit* the old Snakeman gets on about,” Balog shivers against his will, and you all can tell he’s as frightened by the “Snakeman” as his companions. “…most of it’s just nonsense, but sometimes, it’s like he’s in your *head*…”

THE GREY MAW- WESTERN DOME- 6:20pm

CURRENT MAP-
    6q07a4yywy2n.jpg

“We’re about there,” Erik informs the group. “See a bit of light up ahead.”

“Took ya through the whole Western Section, we just did!” says Olaf proudly. “Under the ruined vaults, and right out into the center of the West Dome!”

The tunnel ends in a ramp leading up, with a tile overhead cut *just so* that the light sneaks in through the sides. Balog the Bold, *cracks* his knuckles, and grins about at the Wild Bunch. “Bit of a shortcut, yeh? Ye’d still be walking through the drainage pipes if it hadn’t been for us! Something to keep in mind, yeah?”

Balog stretches himself against the tile overhead, *grunts*. He hefts the thing on his shoulders, and with an unusual amount of grace, *slides* the tile into the room up above you. Peering up above warily, Balog shields his eyes from a sudden sun glare, and attempts to pan around the room. He isn’t up there more than a few moments before you all hear a panicked “*FOOK!*,” and the Boss Dwarf *dives* back into the tunnel, yelling, “TAKE COVER!”

In the room overhead, a sudden *explosion* rings out, the sound of a giant boulder being *tossed* at some of the infrastructure. The tunnels around you rock and shake.

“It’s Keet!” Balog hisses to his companions. “He’s up there somewhere! Him and Zoot have been building *siege weapons* from the sound of it, fer chrissakes…”

“Keet’s a kobold…clever little devil, but little nutter’d *slice your throat* for the giggles!” explains Erik to the group helpfully. “And Zoot’s his muscle…a, uh, stone giant.” Erik shurgs his shoulders, very clearly communicating: “Don’t even ask; I don’t know either”

“He aiming for us again?” Olaf whispers, pressing himself as far into the wall as he can.

Balog has his head over the top of the tile, is trying to catch a glimpse of something. “I’m not sure…not even sure it’s not just a coincidence he shot when he did. He *might* not have seen us,” Balog the Bold rubs his beard thoughtfully. Then he turns to the Wild Bunch. “Well, what would your play here be?”

The Wild Bunch and the Dwarves-Three has arrived in the Western Dome, 1st Level, through a series of secret underground tunnels. Up above head, someone (you have been told Keet the Kobold and Zoot the Stone Giant) are firing off heavy artillery inside a *massive* chamber. Balog isn’t sure you’ve been seen yet. What do you suggest?

- Stealth Check (DC-16) to sneak up and out of the tunnel unseen. The more players who attempt this option, the harder it may become, *especially* upon failures

- If you attempt to leave the tunnel *without* sneaking, please make an Acrobatics Check (DC-15) to ensure you stay on your toes up there…

- Once safely out of the tunnel, you may make an Investigation Check (DC-12) to find safe cover for the team (lowers the Stealth Check above to 12), or a Perception Check (DC-13) to see if you can determine precisely where the shooting is coming from (lowers the Acrobatics Check above to 11)

- Trying to verbally engage whoever is up there (Charisma Check), either before or after leaving the tunnel is *also* an option, but it will weigh on subsequent Stealth Checks, and may dismiss the option entirely! Running into battle willy-nilly is *also* an option if the group so decides: it will require Initiative Rolls from everyone!

-Feel free to get creative and surprise me, but the more attempts get made here, the more likely whoever is up there will figure out your location, leaving you pinned down in here!

mrpaku on
  • Options
    During the walk, Arno tries to help Erik with his head wound, apologizing about earlier. Changlings just alter form so much, sometimes they forget they lost the mouth parts for talking common. Arno thinks they bring Erik around a bit, swapping stories of travels. Arno's certainly curious about their time with the Sun Prince, especially since the Prince is known to work with lycanthropes and the dwarfs seem just dwarf hairy, not werewolf hairy.

"And why would the Prince even care about this place, they have a flying ship, can't they just go over the locks? Does it only fly at certain times of the day? Is it powered by the howls of wolves on a full moon? Are you sure don't want to turn into anything? I bet if you ask politely you can get a bite or two."

"Gerdie says she's pleased to make your acquaintance, and also do we have any apples?"

"I usually like trying to talk my way out, but I also don't want to get squished by a rock? I could turn into a panther and try to sneak up, pin them down a bit. Anyone coming with? And if you hear a ROAR, that means please come up and help me stop the dangerous stone giant and kobold team."

• Options
    Jack surreptitiously takes another snack from the dwarves' supply before everyone gets ready to head off. He's munching on it, following behind, happy to let Arno do the talking, as Arno does. His ears perk up (figuratively, in this form) at the mention of the Sun Prince, "Oh, is that why there were wolves on the sending stone? Makes sense. This Sun Prince, big fan of wolves, is he?" Perhaps this day is finally going his way after all.

They reach their destination and Jack is about to poke his head out after Balog when the dwarf falls back inside, followed by an explosion of noise. Once he's recovered and calmed down the panicking Fusspot, Jack returns to eye the open tile, "Ya know, I could just leg it up there. I bet I could make it a good distance before I'm spotted, find us a good place to hide? I'm fast!"

He pauses and grins to Balog, "I've never met a kobold before though, he nice?" Unlike most people he doesn't really have any default predisposition against monsters (and it would be pretty hypocritical of him if he did), "Maybe Arno or Urixes could just have a chat with 'em? I bet having a siege engine on our side would come in handy if those fishes come around."

• Options
    Oak says nothing as they travel and Balog rambles on. The Dwarf clearly thinks himself important and likes hearing himself speak, but Oak is content to let him and maybe something important will slip. Still, he will admit that he is impressed the Dwarves were able to clear a path that kept them out of sight of whatever else was wandering around this place.

As they reach the tile, which is subsequently shut, Oak looks around at the party. They were likely in for a fight here, but how could they free the most people possible. Getting stuck down here would be a major problem. "I ain't built for sneaking about. If they're watchin' this hole, coupla' us should try and sneak out first, so we ain't all pinned down. I'll go last, 'long with anyone else who thinks they'll be too noisy. Few of you try and sneak out, if we hear a battle goin', we all just charge out and face 'em."

"Hope is, some folks can sneak towards 'em before I need to leave and they see me."

• Options
    "I've met some pretty nice kobolds before, wrote some great stories, terrible singer though. But met some pretty nasty ones too. Which is people in a nutshell."

"Ok, sneaky time for me. This should be fun, haven't tried this form before."

Geth roll 1d20+6 for Panther is sneaky
    Geth roll 2d20k1+7 for Arno perception out of the hole

OOC Panther has AC 12, HP 13, 50ft speed, 40ft climb. Also advantage on perception checks using smell, figure I can sniff out where the giant and Kobold are.

Panther is sneaky:
    1d20+6 10 [1d20=4]
    Arno perception out of the hole:
    2d20k1+7 9 [2d20k1=[2], 1]

• Options
    idjgq7kd3zzl.png

• Options
    ((OOC: Can Arno sending stone the captain and have someone fetch their dice from their bunk? That loaner is shite ))

• Options
    edited June 2021
    WALKING AND TALKING…EARLIER

The Sun Prince:

Balog the Bold is silent and moping. Arno can very much tell; he doesn’t like discussing their boss. Erik and Olaf are *much* more forthcoming about the man.

“Eh, wolves and the like are his “main” agents, but the Sun Prince has been known to hire just about *anybody*, if he gets word of someone’s talent er’ “expertise”. But, his inner circle, the guys he keeps around him? *Pretty* sure it’s all wolves!” Erik states matter-of-factly.

“Guy who *approached* us and did the hire was probably a wolf.” Olaf the Large says with a certainty. “He certainly had the look about him, and *I’ve* got a feel for these kind of things. Ya know, like a sixth sense?” Olaf shares this information with Jack sincerely, attempting to impress the young lad, or scare him, or both.

Erik continues, “Yeah, we never actually met the man…but his agents paid real handsome up front, and we took the job. Been sending us support every few months…”

Balog is on the fair haired Dwarf in a hearbeat, and *smacks* him in the back of the head. “*Don’t go telling tales outta school!* And, besides…” the curmudgeon grumbles, much more quietly (as if to himself). “Whatever he is, he’s not a *man*…”

Olaf tries to change the subject, and get his boss’s attention off beating Erik around his injured head. “Now, Elysium…that’s the name of the Sun Prince’s ship…doesn’t go past the Half-Moon Mountains. Whatever enchantment powers it, can’t get it *high* enough to go safely over. I…*think* it only flies during daylight hours. But then you’d be hard pressed to see it during the night.”

Erik the Quick rubs his hands together like a kid at Christmas. “No one knows how the thing works, exactly. Not sure if the werewolves have some kinda knowledge we don’t know about, or if the Sun Prince does…but boy, if I had just *thirty minutes* inside that silver bird…” The handy dwarf is practically salivating at the thought.

Balog finally cuts in tersely. “He’s fixing the place for *gold*. The Sun Prince loves *money*…commerce, supply and demand. Being the one doing the giving, but *especially* the taking. He’s hoping to get the Expanse “opened up for business”, were his exact words.”

Olaf smiles roundly. “An’ if *we’re* the ones who help get it opened, they promised to pay us…”

“Alright, alright…we don’t talk about that either,” Balog chides, but the talk puts an unbidden smile to his face.

THE WESTERN DOME, 1st LEVEL...LATER

Balog shakes his head *fervently* at Jack’s question. “Oh, Keet’s a right fucking *bastard*. Little shit’s been at us for the last few months now. We thought it was *funny* at first, just the one kobold. But then he got that Giant working for him, starting stealing our supplies, taking out the machinery from the walls…before you know it, he’s got *half* the halls trapped, and he’s *locked down* whole entire sections of the place!”

"Watch yerself," Balog whispers to Arno. "Bastard's sadistic, and a *helluva* shot. Good luck!"

Panther*Arno is out of the hole. They look around: glass domed celing, *massive*, just overhead (it covers the area of a football field, maybe even a touch larger). Around your feet, destroyed sandstone, more than a handful of large puddles.Then, every ten feet or so, someone's leftover trash heap, or a long abandoned campfire, maybe a fallen bit of rock or glass. Columns, ancient but beautiful, rise up around you at a distance, but the pattern is now irregular: many of the columns have been destroyed by time, or *blasted* away by other things...

Panther*Arno's sensitive ears pick up the sound of a voice, from the northeast. You can't quite pick out where its coming from, but you distinctly hear the words, "Ere, Kitty-Kitty...", with a small, lizard-like *growl* of satisfaction...

Arno, something has made a note of your presence: do you respond (Cat-Charisma, "Good Kitty"), or attempt to *run* (Cat-Dexterity)?

It is unclear if the voice has made note of where the panther emerged from. Perhaps someone else will attempt to sneak out...?

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ((OOC: Jack is semi decent at Stealth just because he's dexterous, but isn't trained in it, so, nothing special. Did anyone else want to flex their stealth muscles? I'm happy to send him out, sounds like a fun time regardless of success or failure, just didn't want to step on people's toes if they were set on it themselves :)

Oh, to @mrpaku, does choosing to go the Acrobatics route invalidate future Stealth attempts from others, since you're making it obvious where you came from? ))

Glal on
  • Options
    OOC: Actual skill wise, Oak isn't terrible (+2). But no training either, plus Dad-mode of wanting to go last in case something really bad happens. So, everyone else can take whatever action they think is right before Oak will act.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    OOC: I’ll go for Stealth, because death by rock would be unceremoniously hilarious.

Bern begins to awkwardly crouch-sprint from cover to cover, taking pains not to follow directly in the wake of his panther-y ally, so that at least one of them goes unseen. He does about as well as a fat old man wearing unsecured weapons and a fiddle is ought to.

Geth roll 1d20+3 for Stealth

Stealth:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    ((OOC: You had to say it... ))

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Something spots Bern the very second he leaves the hole.

As Bern the Bard sprints (as best he can), between columns, ropes and levers all around, filling the entire area, *pull and spin* into place. Roughly hewn, but complicated looking machinery clanks into motion, and strange apparatuses work in tandem overhead...

Bern hears a tinny, cackling voice ring out from somewhere nearby. "Fat Elf! *Zoot*, we got a Fat Elf!" The evil voice giggles and mocks, then immediately shifts tone to deadly seriousness. "Hold it, Fat Elf. *I see you*. Not one more step, or I'll kill ya where ya stand." The kobold sounds like he means it, Bern

Bern, do you follow the voice's instruction and remain completely still? Or do you ignore it, and try to make sure there's cover between you and wherever the voice is coming from?

OOC:
    The first person leaving the hole making an Acrobatics Check will *not* lose the Stealth opportunity for everyone still down there (imagine just, *running like hell* out of there). Keet is currently distracted and aware of Panther*Arno and Bern, but doesn't know how they came in just yet

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Bern doesn’t afraid of anything.

He continues to leg it, aware he may have to dodge death at any moment!

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Jack watches Arno cat up and leap out, soon followed by Bern. "I'm sure they'll be fine, we've gotten out of tougher scrapes than..." He comments to the dwarves, right before the kobolds yells out at the both. Well.

He turns to Oak, "I think our best chance is to find a safe place where that siege engine can't hit us and we all get there, yea? I'll run like hell, find something and call it out, he can only aim at once of us at a time and he's already distracted by the other two." Two hands gently pick up Mister Fusspot and put him on Urixes' shoulder, "Now you stay with them, 'right? We might need you if we end up having to fight."

Jack goes through his warmup routine, huffing as he stretches and jogs in place, then gives a determined nod, leaps through the opened tile and runs like hell.

Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Acrobatics
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Investigation

Spotting a piece of solid cover he dives behind it, whisper-yelling his position to the rest. He's not sure how well the kobold can hear, however...

((OOC: Arno, I found your dice, they were behind this cover all along! ))

Acrobatics:
    1d20+7 26 [1d20=19]
    Investigation:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]

Glal on
  • Options
    Keet *cackles wildly*! "Alright-alright...We got a live one here, Zoot!" Just then Bern hears the *THWIP* of the distant catapult releasing...
    Geth roll 1d20+5 Keet's Catapults
    Geth roll 3d10 bludgeoning

Keet's Catapults:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]
    bludgeoning:
    3d10 12 [3d10=7, 1, 4]

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Bern bounces off the projectile, and tucks into a roll. Blistering pain shoots through his shoulder, but he chooses not to cast Cure Wounds, there’s plenty of life in him yet.

Can Bern see his assailants?

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Bern has been *struck*! From his hidden perch somewhere to the Northeast, Keet the Kobold begins making a *clucking* noise, while repeating obnoxiously "*HERE*, Kitty-Kitty...", still attempting to "entice" Panther*Arno towards his direction

Jack is out of the hole, and safe! Keet is distracted and hasn't yet noticed him. The lad looks around at the enclosure...the area just around the hole is laden with contraptions, possible tripwires, the look of buried traps. In the northern distance, he sees objects similar to the Ship's cannons, swiveling around with a purpose.

Jack observes the still standing columns all around...looks towards their Western destination. Enough pillars left, and where there aren't, we just run. Keep our distance, don't touch anything, and *Serpentine* the whole way through. *Any* pack of wolves would know to do the same to avoid a distant hunter.

Lucky Jack hisses to the Wild Bunch from behind his pillar...

Jack's given you all a plan: keep your distance, don't touch anything, work your way West-Northwest between what columns remain, and *serpentine!* Dexterity Check (DC-13) one at a time to follow the plan, and to avoid obstacles, traps, or Massive Boulders along the way! There will be *two* checks before you all get fully clear of the Danger Zone

Bern, you've been hit, but you're whole and have found cover. You *cannot* currently see your assailants, but you can see their *machines* (at least the ones currently, in motion and the direction the shot came from) about a hundred feet to the Northeast

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Out of spell range, and out of sight. Bern scratches his head.

In a calm enough manner, he calls to his companions, “Their weapon packs a whollop but we’ve all had worse. Get yourselves across and we’ll gut ‘em later on.”

Just for fun, and as a distraction, Bern looses a crossbow bolt at the general idea of where his enemies lie.

Geth roll 1d20+2 for Blind Shot
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Blind Shot

OOC: Feel free to call that a miss regardless of the result.

I’m giving three Inspiration dice to whoever wants ‘em. (d6)

Bardic Inspiration:

You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest. Your Bardic Inspiration die changes when you reach certain levels in this class. The die becomes a d8 at 5th level, a d10 at 10th level, and a dl2 at 15th level.

Blind Shot:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]
    Blind Shot:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    The crossbow bolt flies off into the far distance...you soon hear an irritated *clucking* noise, and the Kobold begins to scream obscenities out towards the group (Bern's bolt certainly seems to have hit *something*, although you can't be sure of what...)

As the Bard lays down covering fire, Balog coaxes the Dwarves out of the tunnel, and they follow Jack's instructions, snaking their way between the pillars, attempting to stay out of sight and out of range...
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Erik (Dex Check)
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Olaf (Dex Check)
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Balog (Dex Check)

Erik (Dex Check):
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]
    Olaf (Dex Check):
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Balog (Dex Check):
    1d20+1 6 [1d20=5]

• Options
    The hairs raise on the back of Arno's sleek shoulders. That's not a good "here kitty kitty."

Hearing Jacks unusually well thought and clear plan, Arno decides to stick and move as the young wolf suggested.

Geth roll 1d20+2 for Dex check

Dex check:
    1d20+2 8 [1d20=6]

• Options
    Erik and Balog mange to set off *piercing dart* traps from the floor as they attempt to make their way around the columns!
    Geth roll 2d6 piercing (Erik)
    Geth roll 2d6 piercing (Balog)

Olaf's uneasy shuffle draws the attention of Keet, and as the dwarf tries to make his way between cover, the kobold *fires* upon him with another catapult!

piercing (Erik):
    2d6 5 [2d6=2, 3]
    piercing (Balog):
    2d6 6 [2d6=3, 3]
    Keet's Catapults:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    bludgeoning:
    3d10 14 [3d10=9, 2, 3]

• Options
    As Panther*Arno slinks their way purposefully past one of the upright columns, a tripwire gives, and a long, sturdy sliver of metal *springs* out from where it had been tightly-wrapped along the side of the structure...
    Geth roll 1d10 slashing

slashing:
    1d10 5 [1d10=5]

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Seeing the catapult activated once more, Bern does a series of heavy, shouldered rolls until he ends up where Arno now prowls.
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Fat Rolls (Acrobatics)

I’m just doing this roll to save time if you ask for one.

Fat Rolls (Acrobatics):
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes sighs, then crawls out as quietly as he can.

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dexterity Check

Dexterity Check:
    1d20+2 7 [1d20=5]

• Options
    OOC I thought Lucky was supposed to be ironic, yet he's the only one with hot dice.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Oak waits until everyone else has exited, then jumps out himself. He doesn't bother trying to stealth, as he assumes his size is going make that a wasted effort. Instead, he tries to quickly climb up and get to his feet, preparing himself to dodge or run as soon as he is spotted.

Climbing up, however, he trips on the lip of the hole, falling on his face. Knowing he's unlikely to escape easily, he instead decides to offer the others a chance to advance. With a loud yell, Oak booms out. "Aye! You lily livered horses ass. Cut the shit and come face me up close!"

OOC: Didn't pass the check, but hoping Oak can absorb a hit to let everyone else lose attention.

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Acrobatics

Acrobatics:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ((OOC: Everyone just needs to watch this instructional video, it's easy
    ))

Glal on
  • Options
    From the northern distance, another one of the catapults *unloads* on Bern, attempting to finish the aged pirate off. The wily old sailor *dances* out of the way of the incoming shot, a pillar exploding behind him and Arno!

As Urixes rushes to catch up with his companions, his feet catch a mechanism set into the floor. The Warlock finds handful of needle-like darts *shooting* out towards his face from a device hidden within the debris!
    Geth roll 2d6 piercing

From down on the ground, Oak *taunts* the creature, trying to draw his attention. Oak’s words set off *riotous* laughter from the unseen kobold. The little dragonman mocks the Shifter, “ “Oh, step in me mouth”, the poor dragon said, “I can’t eat you back in that cave!Pillock!Please sir, if you’d be so kind to stop shooting, I could stab you like a *proper* gentleman.” Ninnyhammer! Ya’ great Moony-Loon!” The unmistakable sound of a raspberry echoes around the room.

Oak has wellgot the Kobold’s attention, and is now *marked*: one of Keet's actions next round will be aiming directly at you, *with advantage*

OOC:*One more* Dexterity Check from everyone to get fully clear of the Danger Zone, and keep on until you find some breathing room near the Entrance to the West Gear Room
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Erik (Dex Check)
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Olaf (Dex Check)
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Balog (Dex Check)

piercing:
    2d6 9 [2d6=3, 6]
    Erik (Dex Check):
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]
    Olaf (Dex Check):
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]
    Balog (Dex Check):
    1d20+1 8 [1d20=7]

• Options
    Balog brushes past one of the spring blade traps, which cuts deeply into his leg. The dwarf *grunts* in sudden pain, but keeps his pace...
    Geth roll 1d10 slashing

Unknowingly, Erik the Quick wanders into the path of one of the distant catapults, and Keet *fires* upon him with mad glee!

slashing:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]
    Keet's Catapults:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    bludgeoning:
    3d10 19 [3d10=9, 1, 9]

• Options
    Erik the Quick goes down in a bloody heap, and is knocked unconscious! Balog cries out as his companion falls, and retreats back to his position, trying to pull the fallen dwarf up...

OOC:Anyone stopping to assist Balog and the fallen Erik as you run past, please roll with Disadvantage on your Dexterity Check to flee this area!

• Options
    Jack watches the dwarf collapse. Well bum. Time to be a distraction. He sprints some ways away from cover (doing his best to avoid traps), enough so that he's not pulling fire towards the others retreating there, then hops up and down and waves, "Hey, mister kobold! I'll give ya a magic eyepatch if you can hit me!" He waves CC-88's eyepatch and hops from side to side, grinning and keeping an eye out for the dragonling's hiding place.

Geth, roll 1d20 for a Charismatic Distraction
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Investigation

a Charismatic Distraction:
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]
    Investigation:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]

• Options
    ROWAR!
    Help is on the way

Arno*Panther bounds to the dwarfs, trying to duck and move, but a bit distracted by the big puddle of blood under Erik. Upon reaching the dwarfs, Arno morphs up, panther body turning claylike until Arno is back to normal changeling size and shape.

"On your feet, lets get out of line of fire."

OOC Move to dwarfs, bonus to be humanoid, cast cure wounds on Erik.

Geth roll 1d8+4 for healing
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for dex save
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for disadvantage

healing:
    1d8+4 7 [1d8=3]
    dex save:
    1d20+2 9 [1d20=7]
    disadvantage:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

• Options
    OOC: Keet the Kobold has been properly goaded by Oak and Jack: *both* will be taking catapult fire this turn. The Dexterity Check to avoid traps and flee this area for the rest of the group has been given +4 bonus modifier for Arno, Urixes, and Bern.

Oak, please still attempt a Dexterity Check to see if, and how much, cover you can get behind, as Keet trains fire on you

JACK
    One hundred and twenty feet Northeast, among what looks like a Hoarder's shantytown of scrap wood, ropes, and wires. One of the columns isn't a column: he's*moving*, and he has an arrow sticking out from where an eye should be. Around the Stone Giant's neck and shoulders, riding something which resembles a battle-harness (for toddler-sized battlers), sits a lizard, who leaps in and out of his seat to run along ropes or meddle with wires, as though a rat in maze of his own design