As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I wasn't actually able to get my SBs to do enough damage to suicide on the pillars, which is a mixed blessing I suppose. I think I had Strago BSB there no problem? IDK, it's been a long time.

The other possibility is that I had my other DPS aim their single target SBs at pillars first, so there were not still four of them when Strago went off.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Most of my runs I just suicides the pillars phase two and three. Less hassle and no stacks of pain. So much for dumping on raise soul breaks

I really should do that and get Magic Ifrit done. Maybe make Rikku do a Suicide after she recasts and the chain and boom. The only problem I have is that I think besides Elarra's healing AASB I think I only have Lunafreya's with a baked in raise. And well, until they refresh the lens shop she has nothing else lol.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Oh huh. I have never been giving him enWater in any of my attempts then. Whoops!

• Options
    Gogo's BSB is the right number to reduce all the pillars to like 1HP and gives him enWater, btw.

• Options
    I think I have a decent Magic Water team (without Chain) to attempt it.

Arc AASB with his EnWater USB and Imperil Glint+.
    Rydia AASB and AOSB.
    Gogo AASB.

The only "problem" would be dropping one healer for the chain holder (Rikku). Or maybe I could try again the whole RW (Chain) and just slot in Mog to help with the heals.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Problem with that setup is that the team can't spam Summons without probably dying horribly, thanks to those pillars all doing counters when they die. Rydia can use Lunar Leviathan (or her hero ability) + Voltech, but I dunno what Arc can do. Lunar Leviathan + Ultra Cure

• Options
    You can't be brainless about summons, but you can use them. For the first round of pillars, have Arc summon once to soften them up, Rydia/Gogo/Rikku each pop one with single target, then Arc summon again to clean up.

In subsequent phases, it's easier, as most of those characters will need to be casting single target SBs to refresh water aura anyway, so just point those at the pillars, easy peasy.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Doing a mass cleanup on weapons. It's interesting to see that some realms (eg XI) got completely hosed on realm artifacts, and then there's realms like XIII where all the characters but one have an artifact that you can just staple into their hand because probably nobody else even wants to use it.

Edit: oh jeez, type-0 is a total shit show. Multiple characters that cannot equip any realm artifacts because they just don't exist. Only dagger is MND, no bows or fists or katanas, only one gun and one sword with multiple people who want them. Hammer, axe, and spear all exist, hopefully you're using the single cadet that can equip each of them.

Fry on
  • Options
    Taking care of cardia rewards now because I almost forgot to do last week's until like 11:30 last night.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Really wish everything reset on one day.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    I'm probably going to work tonight on the 2 Odins I'm missing (Holy and Dark) and get a bunch of Artifacts to free up inventory space.

Tbh, the idea of doing Ifrit again just makes me go ugh.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Woo! Sub-30s Dreambreaker Ultima Weapon! Threw every resource imaginable at it, and got over the finish line with broken Cloud/Seph shenanigans. Damn these things are overtuned to all hell. But who cares, time-sensitive Rat Tails get!

Copied this almost exactly: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/iqk212/dbmastery_survey_dreambreaker_ultima_weapon_vii/g4wkbrp/

So I don't feel like I learned anything, just aped a smarter human than I. There is one error in the write up if you watch the video though.

Zack's turn order: LS Seph x2, RS, CSB, RS, USB, Glint+, RS, RW, Glint+, RS, USB should be like this, so the Chain goes up at ~15s mark and gets its hit count upped by the various SB entries.

I had Aerith G+, so I could run Mark of Prayer to clear Sap (though I'm not sure it made a difference), but the Protect meant Cloud needed to LS Seph as well to trigger Trance. I didn't have Aerith AASB, which would've made things safer, as Sephiroth died right after his last attack, but Cloud got the KO with his AOSB from ~10% to 0.

My Cloud ran W-cast instead of QC1 cycle, which is much better, and LM1 for +damage.

Once I had the turn order and button presses down, it was just a matter of fishing for decent W-cast RNG; the run I won on actually had better than the pictured video. Cloud crushed phase 1 with W-cast + Storm Hazard, then Seph had enough damage to push phase 2, which put Cloud a whole turn ahead of schedule, so he paused to let Tyro OSB, then kicked the boss's teeth in phase 2.

Things continued apace ahead a bit into phase 3, where Cloud could munch the Savage Mode down to size, and Seph could tenderize the boss. I didn't Record Board HP for Sephiroth so I could trigger his Trance, which led to his death in phase 3 after two attacks, but between that and Cloud's attack + AOSB, they chewed through the ~2.2million HP, with the last ~540,000 via AOSB.

I'm still not on board with these. It took a mountain of Rat's Tails (to level 90 Crystal), 5 Record Boards (though I can reuse Tyro, and Zack's wasn't strictly necessary), 3 Artifacts, 2 Hero Abilities, and Kompu Gacha levels of SBs from my DPS. I mostly wanted to try this one since browsing Reddit showed me an exact run with relics I had, because I too chase Cloud Keeper in this game.

I don't know. Back to hibernation until fest is over, then probably Physical Leviathan attempts again.

Ninja edit: I still haven't finished Fest Bosses! Argh!

silence1186 on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Had to take my grandfather to the doctor today so I beat the fifth battle square without cheating. The last boss has stupid hp.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I might actually have a shot at the VII Dreambreaker, but party composition is, er, weird.

So I've accepted that I'll probably need to bring Tyro for his OSB and probably his AASB, and my main DPS will be Vincent (Sync/G+) and Sephiroth (everything). Aerith is the obvious fifth slot healer. The question then is who goes into the fourth slot - Cid (realm CSB), Cait Sith (AASB/BSB), or Cloud (everything wind except Sync)?

Cid - Vincent can use Chain Firaja/Meltdown instead of the weaker Burnt Offering, and Sephiroth can use the ATK buff, but Cid brings next to no damage himself
    Cait Sith - AASB buffs Vincent but needs to bring his BSB if Tyro can't use his AASB, mixed buffs are hard to juggle with him
    Cloud - probably the most straightforward, but results in no one having any buffs unless I can fit in Tyro AASB

Cloud's probably the best shot, I think, but I don't have enough Sapphires at the moment for both his and Vincent's HAs, unless I somehow manage to break into 6* magicites tomorrow.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    If you have Zack chain or AASB, then Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth with Aeris and Tyro is the generic team that most reddit folks are doing sub 30 Dreambreaker with

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    If you have Zack chain, then Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth with Aeris and Tyro is the generic team that most reddit folks are doing sub 30 Dreambreaker with

Ooh, I see. Zack's CSB is only for the initial setup phase, while it gets overwritten with the RW chain midway through to keep the buffs but get a better multiplier and to count Sephiroth's damage.

Huh, that changes things. Zack's CSB definitely slots in very well since Sephiroth could use that last bit of crit damage buffing. I'd need to lens some Zack stuff but that's doable. Kinda makes me sad that I can't use Vincent's shiny new Sync, but needs must.

• Options
    There might be a way to do it with Vincent. Just giving you a team that definitely works.

• Options
    Well, finally got my last two Odins down. Dark Weak Odin was a fun test drive for Sice and boy that Brave Awakening is fun! I wish I had an Awakening for Seifer tho...still his speed trick USB is very handy. I wanted to use one of my new Holy Awakenings on Holy weak Odin (Cecil/Angeal/WoL) but decided against it and proceeded to Sub 30 him with my Diabolos team (Beatrix+Lightning+Ramza) and felt so so good. That's a TON of rainbow crystals now.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I made it to Diablos Phase 3*

So I guess you don't want everyone to have nightmare sense when he casts whatever gives pain?

*Elarra died in phase 2 though so only Warrior of Light and Beatrix actually made it to Phase 3.

Is great form worth making?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    It's better than Assault Sabre IIRC. That barrier is more for Gladio Stuff if you ask me.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It's better than Assault Sabre IIRC. That barrier is more for Gladio Stuff if you ask me.

Also extra SB meter.

• Options
    I made it to Diablos Phase 3*

So I guess you don't want everyone to have nightmare sense when he casts whatever gives pain?

*Elarra died in phase 2 though so only Warrior of Light and Beatrix actually made it to Phase 3.

Is great form worth making?

Great Form is... great. As I've learned from stuff like Ifrit, having bonus damage resistance, even on a single character can be a godsend in some fights. Also, it's just generally nice to have another Holy/Earth 6-star Knight ability; Holy particularly is packed with people competing for 6-star skills.

Yes, his Gloomshade Underworld Gleam gives more Pain based on how many people have Fever Dream. The strategy that worked for me was to kill the Rift one time, so that he swapped to the phase that allowed only people with Fever Dream to hurt him. Then I cleared it from the people who could no longer, or didn't need to, do actual damage on their turns. The alternatives are to leave him in the stance where you need to not have Fever Dream to hurt him (but he likes to use Nightmare Sense very few turns), or to carefully swap his stances with the rift based on his AI. I preferred to deal with the incoming damage so that I could just burn him down without fear of my DPSers having their damage changed to 0 at a bad moment.

• Options
    That makes sense. I'll have to see if I can find 40 more rubies somewhere. I think I want to do the same thing you did there, but I got exploded in phase 2 by gloomshade. First time clearing phase one and I think I could be more efficient. I just need elarra to soul break instead of bard songing.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    You said you were using Warrior of Light? He has a HA that buffs the parties Light damage. I don't know how it compares to great form tho. It's less hits but it could help?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I do... I am hesitant about spending all my hero ability dollars unless I need to. I figure regular rubies are a lot easier to spend. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Plus WOL feels pretty underwhelming even with his chain and AASB

edit: Destroying this rift without destroying it twice is really obnoxious.

edit: This fight is awful. I thought making him do 9999 damage to everyone everyturn was rough but then he did 20000 to everyone and I wiped without being able to restart. Didn't want my stamina anyways. Ugh.

I had thought Beatrix's overstrike end to Sync was great but it turns out its AOE and may have sunk me.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Yeah, someone else was having trouble with that finisher a few pages back, don't remember who. I used RW Mage and a magicite call to break the rift for one of my teams. The other team pointed SB casts to refresh aura at the rift, and that was good enough.

I've decided that I will do hero abilities where it looks like it might help for top content (Dreambreaker, 6* magicite). It's not likely to make a difference on any time limited content, so no sense fretting about it.

• Options
    Hahaha oops.

I was trying an Ifrit strategy with mages (apparently I already did this with mages and forgot how?). Anyway, I was trying to do phase 2 without losing Meia (who has awakening active at the time) by having Rydia suicide on the pillars with Lunar Leviathan. Turns out Meia was going way too strong for my own good. She triplecasted Chain Waterja at full 19999 damage cap, and then Gogo's next move pushed Ifrit to use Hellfire before I could damage the pillars at all. Maybe next time I should slow down just a tad, lol.

• Options
    Beat the Battle Square secret level. Fought to the end with Lucky Reels.

I used Selphie's Booyaka USB3 to refresh Guts and overwrite Sap with Regenga, but didn't heal at all, so the gravity attacks were just tickling. Accumulated 2x shield and 3x blink from the Reels, which meant the last boss couldn't attack for a long time while I whittled down his giant hp pool.

A bit of a slog, but once AASBs were going all the middle bosses folded real quick.

Looking at Warring Triad next.

• Options
    Ugh 86% damage. Feel like I can do it if I can just manage all this junk better.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Beat the Battle Square secret level. Fought to the end with Lucky Reels.

I used Selphie's Booyaka USB3 to refresh Guts and overwrite Sap with Regenga, but didn't heal at all, so the gravity attacks were just tickling. Accumulated 2x shield and 3x blink from the Reels, which meant the last boss couldn't attack for a long time while I whittled down his giant hp pool.

A bit of a slog, but once AASBs were going all the middle bosses folded real quick.

Looking at Warring Triad next.

You will definitely need some serious longevity tools for the Triad.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    It’s gonna be tough to try and stick with my guns tonight WRT XIV pulls. Logically, I know I have a better chance of an honest shot at XIV dreambreaker if I focus on banner 2, with its Awakenings for characters who have things in the lens shop for me to use. I have a way better chance if something good since I can only pull once or maybe twice. But at the same time, I’ve wanted Alisaie in this game for years, and the shiny new Y’shtola stuff is shiny and new.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Favorite characters and shiny relics, this way madness lies.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    As a side note, I noticed that Y’shtola already got 6-star Black Magic access, and I was experimenting with her using Ultima, to generate meter. That worked pretty well until I remembered that she has Wrath, lol.

• Options
    Favorite characters and shiny relics, this way madness lies.

Chasing Waifu Squall fueled my busted ass Rinoa.

kdajmn1ddjqn.png

remind me. Can Yshtola do water magic in her new glorious form?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Looks like no. Her focus seems to be Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Dark. Though I don’t know how well she can do Dark, unless her Hero Ability has that element.

Seems she’s focused on the elements that work with Witch skills. Which is appropriate for someone whose teacher was named Matoya.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Looks like no. Her focus seems to be Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Dark. Though I don’t know how well she can do Dark, unless her Hero Ability has that element.

Seems she’s focused on the elements that work with Witch skills. Which is appropriate for someone whose teacher was named Matoya.

I don't remember that part of Final Fantasy. What would be appropriate would be animating cleaning devices or curing sleep. ;)

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hey, tceleS buttoB B was very useful for my first Typhon kill, lol.

Also, I’m taking that as an excuse to post this music.

https://youtu.be/orvKqkgWZOc

• Options
    Ahahaha! The FFXIV Dreambreaker is this asshole? Well, now I really want to get my XIV team ready for the fight.

• Options
    Don't forget, the Dreams is new, and it's the other asshole