Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    uh, so, the battle square says I’ve done 4 of 5 fights. But there’s only 4 fights shown to me. And I’ve mastered all of them.

Double check you mastered all. The last one didn't appear until I actually mastered the fourth.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    You have to take rigged reels on the fourth fight to get the fifth to appear, I believe.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    All four say master. But I did do the lucky reels for fight 4, so I’ll try it rigged.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rigged reels for all four I thought. Anyways the last fight is obnoxious. I haven’t worked up the effort to do it yet. Also I’m having trouble getting the effort to run fight four over and over to get the rewards

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Starting to beat my head against magic Ifrit.

Uuuurgh this thing is as annoying as I remember

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Rigged reels for all four I thought. Anyways the last fight is obnoxious. I haven’t worked up the effort to do it yet. Also I’m having trouble getting the effort to run fight four over and over to get the rewards

Fight three on rigged is a lot easier than fight four on rigged, and the rewards aren't much worse.

No point in doing fight five on rigged (or at all, really). You can petrify yourself after defeating the first opponent if you really want that autograph. Note: you have to petrify two, or only take a party of four; I had one petrify and four dead, and that was not enough medals :X

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is it? The AI on fight four is obnoxious. Greg doesn't really ever do much in my runs of 5. The real issue (ha) is rolling something awful like foes start with reflect when you just killed a boss with a spell then you triple cast it and wipe yourself.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I mastered 5 legit :D

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Now do it rigged. Buy out the store 7 points at a time!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I took down 5 legit, but with lucky rolls and an absolutely jacked physical lightning team. No way am I masochistic enough to do it rigged.

Ticket 5 - Trey AASB! Good way to end those. Now my T-0 team is absolutely stacked with Ace's chain, Rem's Sync/AASB, and Cinque's and Trey's AASBs. Good thing it's a realm chain because lol elemental synergy what's that?

Did two pulls on banner 4 - Gladiolus AASB (dupe), Kefka LBG x2, Krile LBG, Red XIII AASB. No grand prizes, but that's gacha for you. I'm saving the rest of my mythril for XIV-1.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Three pulls down:
    1: double krile glint+
    2: gladio AASB
    3: 3 syncs, could it be? Double red sync + Orran!

I think the sync was the only Orran relic that didn't recur, so I'll see whenever the AASB/glint come back. Super happy that red is finally making a comeback now for me.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Omg omg Gladio's Sync is SICK
    Screenshot-20201003-004545-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

this could've been even faster but Phase 2 went by so fast that I couldn't get Cinque's GSB+ and AASB going. Anyway here's the broken ass team:

RW: Chain

Tyro AASB + Wall SB (not USB3)
    Elarra USB1+2+AASB+GSB+
    Cinque AASB+GSB+
    Leo AASB+GSB+GSB+ (this was mostly to refresh the Last Stand)
    Gladio Sync+AASB

The thing about Gladio's Sync...is that he can do a counter whenever he's hit. And Ramuh hits a lot. And fast. Like it didn't matter that he didn't have a dual cast LMR. Every time Ramuh took a turn he hit back fast! Using RW:Chain instead of gen 0 chain was freaking awesome. Man, I'm a bit scared now because I gotta do Magic Leviathan but this was pretty fun.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I didn't want to post my pulls but...well here they are. Two pulls

Orran Sync
    Gladio Sync + Krile Limit Glint

Anyways I'm happy with what I got. No more pulls this fest for me.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh I also created a new Titan phys team with my new tech and boy. If I could time walls a bit better it'd be sub 20.

Tyro and Elarra doing they're thing and dropped Zidane for Bartz.

This combo is siiiick: USB3 (for QC and chase) + AASB+ AASB2 + GSB+ and Limit Break make him go FAST. If I had his HA, it would probably be better. Also, that Limit Break on Phase 3 is amazing.
    Faris with AASB doesn't hit hard (even with Twin Ele mode) but it stacks those Imperils fast.
    And with so many SB Slots and Braver I can finally do GSB+ into USB1 into USB2 into AASB into AOSB for Cloud.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Bartz wind Awakening already gives him instant cast, I think? IIRC some folks got sub 30 on his Dreambreaker with a two AASB combo pumping out the DPS

• Options
    yeah but USB3 spreads QC to front row

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Bartz wind Awakening already gives him instant cast, I think? IIRC some folks got sub 30 on his Dreambreaker with a two AASB combo pumping out the DPS

I have Bartz Sync/AASB1/AASB2, and I actually prefer his AASB combo because of the instant dualcast and chase. It's also perfectly viable to use his AASB2 first and let the instant cast build up meter into the AASB1 (I do this on auto). The Sync works better only if you need to deal with diffusion.

• Options
    Yeah, that's by far the best thing about most syncs. Ignoring that very stupid mechanic.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Yeah, that's by far the best thing about most syncs. Ignoring that very stupid mechanic.

At least for Bartz, he can use his Sync/AASB1 combo with that 2* wind Celerity ability. Apparently it works decently well as a ragebreaker since it has a 1.40 multiplier.

• Options
    Continuing my magicite victory lap, I decided to try out my new Earth tech on Ramuh. Also many thanks to the FFRK discord for letting me try out RW:Chain instead of Rude and my crappy SBs on magicite Ramuh.
    Screenshot-20201003-111541-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

Damn. Also it's a shame that Rinoa SASB + AASB is weird. Sometimes she'll use the Sync Command. Other times she'll go for Meltdown.

Still it was glorious combining all that tech with Mog AASB. Last Stand came in handy to avoid the first OS.

Now... Time to figure out Magic Leviathan.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I’m considering a pull on that half-size, half-price FFXIII banner. I have only one dupe there, and I would very much like that ice chain.

But I wonder if the Fang tools aren’t kind of redundant, since I have her Sync. The Snow Awakening would be fine, since it would mean 2x cap break for Ironfist Ice.

But his might mean only 1 pull on FFXIV banner 2, so I dunno.

Then again, that banner is around for a while yet. I can try it after XIV.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Ok! Got Magic Leviathan:

4x2678edq46q.png

if it helps anyone:

Mog AASB+USB2+USB1...yeah I used all of them. Crushing Tango and Passion Salsa
    Ashe AASB+Glint+AOSB for style points
    Elarra AASB+GSB++USB1
    Totto AASB+USB
    Prompto GS++CSB+USB

I went for the reraise tactics to keep things simple. Saved Mog's AASB after the reraise. I almost went with Rapha but I wanted to try out Mog first. Oh, if it helps, Ashe went Glint Twice then AASB. I almost bought her USB but this was more than enough.

• Options
    Finally getting off my ass to do content. Fire-weak and lightning-weak versions of Dark Odin down.

Lightning-weak took a few tries because Kain wasn't cutting it and I had to bring in Tyro - also, turns out that using Lightning's SASB/AASB combo doesn't work too well because Odin doesn't like it when you chop off that much HP at a time. Fire-weak went down on the first try because I'm now wise to Dark Odin's tricks. Vincent's SASB is as ridiculous as it seems - the Sync C2 seems weak at only 1 hit, but it's pretty much a guaranteed ragebreaker because it hits like an OSB.

I'll tackle ice-weak and wind-weak tomorrow.

• Options
    Got my magic-weak Ifrit down to 6.5% health left. Urgh.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ooof. So I did Greg for XIV, which is the one realm besides KH and Beyond where I don’t have an Awakening. And I would not recommend that fight without an Awakening. I did actually win, but it took about 2 minutes by the in-game clock (so like a half hour or more), and in the end I was reduced to nothing but burst commands.

This has cemented my plan to go on banner 2 for FFXIV next week. These characters need an Awakening in the pool, badly. Hopefully I can get one for Yda and/or Papalymo. With Cid able to Imperil Fire, they make an actually decent team, and were able to steadily burn Greg down.

Also, I probably should’ve purchased Papalymo’s OSB? He is the only one in FFXIV with an actual normal OSB. That’s so weird.

By the way, Yda’s USB is hilarious. It gives her 3x Blink and 3 turns of instant Monk abilities. It can’t be screaming “USE HER BSB COMMAND!” any louder, but it accidentally is just a really good buff for using normal Monk abilities instead.

Enlong on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Oh my god. I must have spent five hours today fighting Shiva. I have enough. I know I do. I've gotten her to 97% a few times. But shit will not. Fucking. Line. Up. I'm furious.

Terra - Lunar Ifrit/Wrath - LM1/LM2 - AASB/AOSB/OSB/Glint

Vivi - Chain Firaja/Ultima - LM1/LM2 - AASB/AOSB/OSB/USB1/Glint

Vincent - Burnt Offering/Meltdown - LM2/LMR1 - CSB/AASB/USB1

Rosa - Wrath/Dispel - LM1/LMR2 - AASB/USB2/Glint+/Glint
    (I could also do Elarra.)

Main magicite: Titan

In the last slot I've tried Tyro for walls and wrath/entrust, and Faris with BUSB/AASB/Glint+/Glint2 to debuff and entrust.

Nothing fucking works and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I slow-roll phase 1 too much I get forced into too many inefficient heals and run out of meter. But if I don't slow-roll, I have no AASB up in phase 3 and I can't keep Rage 3 off long enough to overstrike her to death, even with the DEF/RES/MND buff purged.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Have. You tried having people defend in phase 1 while you go slow?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If it’s at all possible for Terra to have her Awakening active going into phase 3 (by using her OSBs in phase 2 or picking up her Bubsy from the lens shop to break early Rage that way), I would strongly recommend picking up and honing her Hero Ability. Riot Blade’s last hit ignores RES, so she is basically guaranteed to break rage every time she casts it, if she has a damage cap break effect.

• Options
    Or just rush down phase 2. If you are waiting past the first fire diffusion you should be able to glint up and activate AASBs and have them up while you finish. Give terra one or two glints and then aasb and she should be set until shiva dies.

Do you have anyone better for imperil then vincent?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2020
    That is more SB goodies than I had, although I had Ifrit main to help. Your Vivi should be an upgrade to my Ace. My team was

Ace USB OSB
    Terra AASB USB
    Elarra
    Vincent chain USB AASB
    Mustadio USB
    (Probably not in those slots)

IIRC Mustadio just used wrath most of the time, and cast USB whenever it was up. I think Vincent was just chucking Chain Firaja nonstop.

Key thing was having Terra USB active going into phase 2. This allowed her to go AASB into two Lunar Ifrit, which, with a lucky double cast or help from Ace summoning Valigarmanda, would knock out the walls before Shiva got heals off. Vincent would AASB in phase 3 to clean up.

Since you have Terra Glint, you can carry fire stacks into phase 2, so you can give yourself an extra turn to knock out walls by pre-casting AASB to start the push into phase 2.

Fry on
  • Options
    When do people usually start DPS on Shiva? I've mostly been setting up chain just after Wintry Embrace, such that abilities start landing just after Snowstorm. If I go all out with double AASBs here, I hit Phase 2 before Primal Essence and Phase 3 before Wintry Embrace, but then I start Phase 3 with zero chain count, no AASB turns, and 0-1 layers of enfire and I can't limp across the finish line.

If I go a little slower--say, have Vivi only using his doublecast USB to save AASB until a little later--I feel like I should be able to beat phase 1 fire diffusion, have Terra AASB last just long enough to kill the walls (Vivi can always drop one Ultima if needed), and go into phase 3 with at least a couple turns of Vivi AASB at two layers of enfire. But Primal Essence to Blizzaja to Grand Frost to Freeze to Diamond Dust is a really bad string of turns to heal through, I start eating Wintry Embrace in Phase 2, and everything goes just slightly off the rails. I can't get a consistent tempo.

If I go any slower than that I'd start eating phase 1 Fire Diffusion.

• Options
    Might you be able to focus on Shiva instead of killing the walls? Throw someone’s OSB at her during phase to to push damage a bit, and give Terra a higher hit-count move that’s single target?

My successful runs have largely ignored the walls as targets, but I had a Sync for my first successful team, so I’m not sure how feasible that is.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Started auto-farming Greg with Rigged Reels. It's fine, but I have to babysit it in case there's an early Eject or KO from the Reels.

Larsa has been shutting down all the other status effects.

Had one run with 50% damage dealt to bosses AND protect, which took a long time to whittle down.

Looking ahead to the D500, since you can run Lucky Reels, I'm thinking a healer with spammable Blink of some kind, to block all the gravity attacks. Maybe Rosa.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    When do people usually start DPS on Shiva? I've mostly been setting up chain just after Wintry Embrace, such that abilities start landing just after Snowstorm. If I go all out with double AASBs here, I hit Phase 2 before Primal Essence and Phase 3 before Wintry Embrace, but then I start Phase 3 with zero chain count, no AASB turns, and 0-1 layers of enfire and I can't limp across the finish line.

If I go a little slower--say, have Vivi only using his doublecast USB to save AASB until a little later--I feel like I should be able to beat phase 1 fire diffusion, have Terra AASB last just long enough to kill the walls (Vivi can always drop one Ultima if needed), and go into phase 3 with at least a couple turns of Vivi AASB at two layers of enfire. But Primal Essence to Blizzaja to Grand Frost to Freeze to Diamond Dust is a really bad string of turns to heal through, I start eating Wintry Embrace in Phase 2, and everything goes just slightly off the rails. I can't get a consistent tempo.

If I go any slower than that I'd start eating phase 1 Fire Diffusion.

I go right after the first fire diffusion at around 30 seconds.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    In the traditional fashion, I won right after I complained in the thread.

The secret tech was running Elarra instead of Rosa (Allegro con Moto is good enough to make up for lost meter), and activating chain/Vivi USB one turn earlier and then refreshing chain soon after the start of phase 2 (walls start at 0 chain count anyway, and one bad turn against Shiva is better eaten here than in phase 3).

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Who do you think is a better Wall carrier for a magic team (seeing as Tyro is better for physical than he is for magic), between Dr Mog and Y’shtola? Setting aside gacha-only tools, such as Y’shtola’s upcoming Sorceress stuff. On the one hand, Dr Mog’s Wall is a Glint you can get in the lens shop, and his USB builds chain, carries a MAG buff and lets him Medica chase with White Magic. On the other hand, Y’shtola’s Bubsy casts instantly, heals, does Allegro Con Moto, and has Last Stand on its max-Power Brave command.

I’m leaning towards Y’shtola, especially in a magic team that already has significant MAG-buff potential. Largely because having a second healing source ready can be more useful than a bit of no-aura magic damage on the chain. And if one has Y’shtola’s Glint+ (for a costless Wall), then she completely blows Dr Mog out of the water on this one.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Adding Marche AASB to my already redonkulous FFT team was enough to shave the last few seconds from my Zalera win, so I'm now sub 30.

Though taking a victory screenshot caused my phone to lock up, then reboot, and I had to do it all again. :(

• Options
    Celebratory magicite ticket pulls:

Lightning 1/11 - Lightning Sync
    Lightning 2/11 - Queen AOSB, Reks AASB
    Ice 1/11 - Celes CSB

Quite happy with that result. Lightning Sync is supposed to be repulsive, and Celes CSB is probably better than running Snow or Serah in a physical team. Middle pull leaves something to be desired, but I was light on XII relics outside of Ashe, so Reks might be of use there.

• Options
    Celes is a uniquely strong Chain holder because of her LM2. She gets more meter when she attacks weaknesses, so she can use a damage-boosting RM and still juggle her Chain and party-speed USB.

• Options
    Well I was wondering why my Ramuh Gladio Sync team was awesome. I didn't know that the counter procs after a Barrier goes down on him. I shared my findings on Reddit later and oh boy. Gladio paired with Leo AASB is some broken ass shit. If the boss hits fast enough, I get 29k hits of Great Form, First Barrier dropped and then Leo's Barrier dropped. Who needs ATB manipulation with that much damage lol.

I took him for a spin against Earth Weak Odin and Gladio killed him. He wasn't even able to properly start Phase 3 due to getting countered from his spear.