As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Did they force off enemy hp display?

Yes. All Config settings were reset to default by maintenance.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Seems like.

The game also swapped me from Party Order to ATB Order for my Skip option.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So I beat earth weak omega and I’m feeling cautiously optimistic. Could this beat Ramin?exis6n953ziy.jpeg
    Elarra G+ AASB USB1
    Rinoa sync OSB
    Galuf cssb imperil bsb
    Rydia sync AASB aosb OSB
    Maria AASB usb aosb bsb

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man just Rydia with Sync and AASB can solo Ramuh. You have an overkill team.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I heard it was really hard and after ifrit I never really bothered trying.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I did it with Rinoa sync, Maria AASB as my only DPS, but I did have Red's CSB instead and two healers.

---

E: Imgur is apparently fucking up right now

FF3 Gilgamesh clear.jpg
    deVb6L4.png

Yup. Not too bad, although obviously couldn't have gone for much longer, so I may have some issues with the higher difficulty if my tech doesn't improve somewhere.

FF2 has Minwu's sync, Maria's AASB, and Gordon's CSB. Again, healing tech is bad, although I do have Hilda's G+. Elarra will just come along again... and probably again for FF1 too for that matter. Final person will be/do whatever. Man, though. Gordon has literally nothing but Support. Talk about a character left behind by the meta.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I heard it was really hard and after ifrit I never really bothered trying.

It was hard in the context of when he was released. I'd say as it stands (but thinking about where I'm at with relics), Ramuh is probably the easiest after Ifrit. His gimmick can be avoided completely with the amount of DPS you have. If you want to be extra careful, just bring a Last Stand.

I decided to roll the dice again on Earth:

3/11: Rinoa AASB, Glint+ and Cinque AASB!

Man my Rinoa is super stacked now. She has both earth and ice Syncs and AASBs. Still no earth Chain tho. Now I have 5 dupes on that banner so let's see on what else I might roll the dice.

Edit: well got like 4 dupes on every banner (how did this happen) except on Holy and Dark so let's try Holy...2/11. Marche Glint+ and a rainbow dupe. Hmmmm...

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Lot of earth diffusions here.

Rinoa earth AASB is the bad one

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Lot of earth diffusions here.

Rinoa earth AASB is the bad one

You could pick up Rinoa's The Brothers unique for a half-cost Enearth option. Or grab her Earth Bubsy for another way to throw an Overstrike at him when she's not using her Awakening.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Here's my clear with only the two mentioned as DPS. Your Rydia hugely outpowers my Maria, and I had Rinoa entirely as a summoner anyway. Elarra mag-singing should make up the difference easily for the buff. I had Penelo as a second healer, but she was just dancing. I'm sure you could fit in a different healer (or bard) in her stead. Or just focus on DPS entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7exKkYaEbQ

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    hit the jackpot with the first 3 elemental draw tickets: Lightning Sync/AASB, Queen AASB. Enough to justify myself spending time on this gacha game
    now i should probably roll on a banner that has a chain i don't have

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Looks like you might have the wrong armor on Rydia. Also I'm not a fan of Mako Might on damage characters, I'd probably give her Much Weakness or Much Earth damage. Move that Mako Might over to chain boy.

With that team as presented, I'd probably have Maria awaken as soon as she gets the meter, to clear phase 1. When you're on phase 2, have Rinoa sync, and Rydia AASB into Sync when she gets to four bars (or do you have to do it in the other order? I don't have one of those combos)

Oh, also, important: put Elarra in the middle, give her the major resist. This will make your life so much better

• Options
    What I like to do with Mako Might (Dr. Mog's Teachings is superglued to Elarra for most fights) is to give it to my Chain holder. This allows them to fire off a second soul break right after the chain. It does reduce their personal damage, but chain users are largely used to provide to the chain, imperil, or buff the party, more than to be a full-on DPS in their own right.

For example, with Laguna, I can do his Chain than do his Imperil Ultra right away.

and yeah, that's a water hat on Rydia.

• Options
    What are you folks doing to get the tickets already? Running Magicites, or are you setting up a quick physical team to stomp Demon Wall into the dust?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I DID take my new Arc AASB (which it turns out is my first legit magic holy AASB, go fig) to make my auto-Arc team actually like...reliably sub-30.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I have a auto team for Geocities that i leave on while i ignore the notifications on my phone
    good for about 13ish rush until my inventory fills up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    yeah, I went and made an auto Geocites team. Had to remember to use Penelo for blink, otherwise lol Stone. But it stomps him pretty nicely.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    yeah, I went and made an auto Geocites team. Had to remember to use Penelo for blink, otherwise lol Stone. But it stomps him pretty nicely.

My Geos auto team was not only beating out the stone punch, but Shantotto was only getting one turn with her AASB up, so it was better to switch out for her AOSB.

That was before I got Garnet's G+ so she could start her AASB immediately too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    eh, I have an Auto Famfrit team with Lightning Sync + Prompto Chain that takes care of him. I just left it running for like an hour and when I came back I already had 30 battles done. I'll probably get the rest of my tickets by tonight. I think I'm gonna do just one more Holy pull and then use the rest on Dark I guess.

• Options
    I thought it was torment+magicite not torment+nightmare so I spent all day having my IX team kill that thing. Oops.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I thought it was torment+magicite not torment+nightmare so I spent all day having my IX team kill that thing. Oops.

I thought it might've been Torment as well, but I guess it makes sense since the Nightmare gets you to the Magicites, and this is supposed to be a Magicite support campaign for old and new players.

It doesn't help, though, that one could reasonably think they might have mistranslated Torment as Nightmare, since it was Nightmare originally (and that's why the other Cardia tiers are Dreams and Dreambreakers).

• Options

Possibly because I said it was Torment!

Because I'm dumb.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Water hat & water whip actually. Good catch.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited September 2020
    OK. Lightning ticket, because I want more physical lightning power.

Queen's Awakening and Arcane (20+1-style). Not bad at all. It's no Lightning Sync, but what is? Very happy it was both for the same person.

She's got an Overstrike and a Lightning (character)-style USB on the lens shop, and a Trance dive, so I'd say that's a really good package for a character.

Strangely enough, Queen's Awakening doesn't trigger her Trance mode, instead giving her a unique mode with similar-but-different effects. Most characters with a Trance dive that I know of have an Awakening somewhere that triggers it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Got to my first ticket, threw it at holy because I had the realization that yesterday was my first cap-breaker magic holy (aside from like....stuff like alphinaud's awakening).

1/11 Minwu Sync

Now watch me get it in the LotR :V

Regardless, my magic holy has gotten an OBSCENE boost the past two days. Now if only I had a magic-oriented chain.

How do doublecast USBs work with Syncs - is it 2x the command, then the sync, or just 2x the command sans sync? Because if it's the former, this thing will synergize with his MND-boost doublecast USB in an bonkers way.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Double cast USBs don't work with Syncs, just like they don't work with BSBs and they don't work with AASBs. It has to actually spend an ability use of the action you select, and it can't do that for sync commands

Fry on
  • Options
    Boooo (it still gets benefit from the MND boost, I suppose)

• Options
    Holy shit this sucked. Emperor Glint... Reduces Lightning damage.

Autumn ticket gave me Ultimecia's AOSB, Minwu's double cast USB and Noel's AASB 2? When did he get Water tech?!

• Options
    Leon USB for FF2
    Dupe Media OSB for ticket

• Options
    Minwu AOSB dupe

LotR has been 100% garbage after the incredibly strong start.

First fest ticket was good for 2/10 Arc BSB and Setzer AASB.

Another of these fucking physical dark imperil chase types that are completely surpassed by literally any regular awakening user in every single way just using Touched by Darkness. Real fucking funny, game.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gordon Glint dupe on II. Terrible.

I auto ran my Wind Team for a few of the tickets for the elemental banner.
    Ticket 1: Earth: Galuf Chain dupe
    Ticket 2: Dark: Gaf Glint, Nabaat AOSB, Golbez AASB
    Ticket 3: Lightning: Desch Glint, Queen AASB (dupe), Lightning Sync

OK, yeah!

e: fest ticket was a Barret AASB dupe

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Man like technically, I had 2 big wins (Lion's AASB and dupe Lightning Sync) but the rest has been traaaaash.

• Options
    A Bio-focuses banner?

I almost feel like I’m obligated to at least give this thing one shot, so as to further Team Bio’s glorious mission. But 50 is a lot of mytbril to build up to for a joke.

• Options
    And then I got Leila’s LMR (chance to reduce cast time after using Bio or Water attacks), and it almost feels like a sign.

• Options
    Wow can't believe fest starting on LOTR II.
    Remember when it was LOTR then 3 luckies then fest?

Anyways, I guess we will never actually get realm stamina 1/2 again :(

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    oh yeah!

2nd Holy Ticket finally gave me a Waifu Relic. Cecil's AASB! And I got Ceodore's CSBx2 too! Man, now I have two awesome Physical holy chain holders. Got both Ramza and Ceodore's AASB + CSB combo now!

2 tickets on Dark. 1st lol got dupe Sephiroth AASB. At least I'm halfway there on 2 AASB activations now. Second ticket gave me a lot of Golbez tech: LMR, GSB+ and AASB! So...now that paired up with his USB I have a SOLID Darkness mage on my team. So...yup I'm pleased with this results.

• Options
    Huh. In retrospect, combo of AASB+CSB on two people is pretty damn powerful because it lets you trade off without worrying about meter.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I remember all of a sudden how irritating the Battle Square random shit is.

E:
    The break trick works on the highest difficulty Battle Square thing. Just kill the first monster then petrify your party. It takes forever, and I lost mastery even on Lucky Slots just from turns and the fucking gravity attacks literally every monster starts with. The accessory is totally worthless though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    So in the Warring Triad fight, the three different powers trigger for heroes with high ATK, MAG, or MND?

Sounds like I’m going to want to try to make a Holy team for this. Orlandeau, Yuna, and Rem, perhaps.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    6 tickets down, the spoils:

2 tickets on Wind got me Fujin and Bartz AASB and Fujin AOSB
    2 tickets on Earth only got me Leo AOSB and AASB(dupe)
    2 tickets on Fire only got me Auron CSB (dupe), Vivi GSB and double Genesis AASB

Checked if Genesis relics are being added as lensable items and of course they are not, maybe someday. He does seem like he'd be really good if you had multiple relics, I like the vivi-esque doublecast trance.

Bartz is great and Fujin means I'm taking down magic Titan today, but the other pulls were a bit sad. Those Leo and Auron dupes were the only AASB/CSB relics on those respective banners that I already had.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853