As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »

Not just that, it's hybrid Phys/NIN.

Because of that, assuming I grab it, he instantly somehow leaps straight to being my second best fire mage with just his AASB behind Vivi. But then again, he's replacing Maria in that role, so there's not a ton of competition.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I skipped that thread because I kinda hate that poster and his stupid horizontal scroll.

But the bit of info I missed was the high mag multiplier and what tri element iii mode even is, which left me thinking he had no way to get decent enFire/Lit coverage.

In other news Ninjutsu is now R5.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I’m curious if he did that bit when he auditioned to be a mod.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Haha wow ok. Finally got back in on my walk outside, and got some mythril for later.

And I got the first daily hit in a while that I would consider a really significant improvement to a character. Celes’s Enice Glint. I had just some days ago been saying that the main thing holding her back from my ice teams even with Awakening was my lack of her stacking ice Glint. Now she might actually have an edge over Laguna for Ice Chain, considering her uniquely high meter gain and her party speed USB. Not half bad for a 5-star relic, eh?

Again, I’ve already done my time with Valefor, but I won’t say no to anything that further improves the team. That, and she’s probably a lock for FFVI Cardia now. Her, Locke, and like, Leo or Terra.

• Options
    Looking at that new Ninja skill, Kaleidoshift. Think it’s a better setup tool than Stitch In Time? It would allow someone to spam it and a 6-star mirror-buffed skill for meter...

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ugh i'm trying to overpower the elemental Omega fight with me new toys but only got through holy/water/lightning
    i'll probably need some gen 2 chains up in here
    or 6* magicites at least

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Looking at that new Ninja skill, Kaleidoshift. Think it’s a better setup tool than Stitch In Time? It would allow someone to spam it and a 6-star mirror-buffed skill for meter...

I think it kinda looks like butt? It doesn't build chain, or do damage, or even speed you up much relative to Stitch or just using the standard ninja abilities

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I think the
    Haha wow ok. Finally got back in on my walk outside, and got some mythril for later.

And I got the first daily hit in a while that I would consider a really significant improvement to a character. Celes’s Enice Glint. I had just some days ago been saying that the main thing holding her back from my ice teams even with Awakening was my lack of her stacking ice Glint. Now she might actually have an edge over Laguna for Ice Chain, considering her uniquely high meter gain and her party speed USB. Not half bad for a 5-star relic, eh?

Again, I’ve already done my time with Valefor, but I won’t say no to anything that further improves the team. That, and she’s probably a lock for FFVI Cardia now. Her, Locke, and like, Leo or Terra.

You know I totally forgot about that. I should really use her more as CSB and Laguna start with his AASB asap next time I do Valefor. Is her speed usb available on the lens shop?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I think the

You know I totally forgot about that. I should really use her more as CSB and Laguna start with his AASB asap next time I do Valefor. Is her speed usb available on the lens shop?

It is. Celes’s Guise; gives her the Mystic Blade USB.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I think it kinda looks like butt? It doesn't build chain, or do damage, or even speed you up much relative to Stitch or just using the standard ninja abilities

Yeah. It's a lot like that one monk ability. I'm really not sure what the use case for it is.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hm. Well, allow me to think out loud on this one.

Stitch In Time builds just as much meter as Kaleidoshift. Both are instant-cast 6-star abilities that don’t hit a weakness. People never used Stitch to deal damage, really, and it doesn’t build chain unless you’re using a realm chain (and you’d most likely be using Azure Unending, etc. for that anyway, once the chain gets going). That’s if one is spamming Kaleidoshift itself; alternating it with AU builds meter faster than Stitch, as every second move is an instant cast that hits a weakness. If one is discounting the relatively minor damage that Stitch deals, this would seem to be an upgrade if used just for meter gain.

That said, the question is whether that upgrade is significant enough to be worth spending crystals to make and hone, if you already have Stitch. Also, Stitch’s stat buff can help out, depending on the team.

Probably the biggest nail in this move is that not many Ninjas need it OR Stitch. Kelger can use Lifesiphon, Shadow can use Omega Drive, Kiros can use Wrath or Lifesiphon, Fujin doesn’t use mirrors, and Lion is Thief-focused. Which leaves just Edge, Yuffie, and Thancred to use this thing for meter, if they don’t want the buff from Stitch instead. And Edge has that Hero Ability now to pair with AU instead.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Ok, yeah, Edge's new ability is pretty silly. Edge AASB almost singlehandedly carried me through Leviathan. If I hadn't messed up my timings and revives on Palom, leading him to be dead for 80% of the battle, that would have been a trivial win.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    One pull got me ZIDANE sync and twin party enlightenment glint.

I have ZIDANE AASB but it doesn’t look like they stack like rydia? Oh it gives trance for instant cast. That seems good.
    I guess I should stop there? Although edge something was the goal for shiva.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2020
    One pull got me ZIDANE sync and twin party enlightenment glint.

I have ZIDANE AASB but it doesn’t look like they stack like rydia? Oh it gives trance for instant cast. That seems good.
    I guess I should stop there? Although edge something was the goal for shiva.

Nah, they do. AASB is Awoken Thief. Sync links on Wind and the commands are Thief. Zidane has access to 6* celerity. So he can put a 6* wind celerity ability on C1 and then go nuts.

But Zidane has all kinds of crazy shit he can do just in general thanks to his ridiculous USB2.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That’s the one the drops the treasure box when it expires?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    That’s the one the drops the treasure box when it expires?

Yep. The finisher that starts out at OSB level damage, and just goes up from there.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hmm I didn’t notice it was that powerful. So then what you want to get AASB sync and then keep casting USB2 to chain finishers?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2020
    You want the USB2 to land just before the others, I think, to get max value. Trance gives IC for thief, you'll get the doublecast (triple with LMR). It'd make it such that the chase can get double cap break.

My current best option is glint > USB2 > aasb

The chase builds hits from thief ability use

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    All this talk hyped me to do another pull.

So now I've got Quina's Glint+ and Zidane's Sync and absolutely should not press my luck any more.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    You want the USB2 to land just before the others, I think, to get max value. Trance gives IC for thief, you'll get the doublecast (triple with LMR). It'd make it such that the chase can get double cap break.

His AASB's special thing is that it builds extra gauge, so at the end of it, you go glint -> USB2 -> USB2 -> USB2 and every one of those USB2s is 18 hits at approximately a 15x multiplier.

Like, seriously. His USB2 is 7.10/10, and a level 0 Thievery finisher is 7.68/8.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

His AASB's special thing is that it builds extra gauge, so at the end of it, you go glint -> USB2 -> USB2 -> USB2 and every one of those USB2s is 18 hits at approximately a 15x multiplier.

Like, seriously. His USB2 is 7.10/10, and a level 0 Thievery finisher is 7.68/8.

Holy crap, I was not expecting the finisher multiplier to be that high at level 0. I actually do have his AASB and USB2 and already knew to do the USB2 finisher during Awoken mode, but I didn't think about chaining the USB2 into itself to force out the finisher.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Zidane also lets you do crazy burst damage.

AASB->Sync gives you three instant cast instant atb turns, so you go C1->Ripping Blast over and over in a storm of murder.

• Options
    I actually didn't think about using it that way. I recall doing something like that back when I was clearing Quetz and chaining Gladio's USB to force his finisher. I figure Bartz and WoL can do something similar if they had enough bar.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Woo-hoo! Lucked into Lann's amazing USB on the ticket! I tell ya, my WOFF team is going to be real strong before long.

...sigh, at least Enna Kros is still somewhat useful in my Earth teams.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Woo-hoo! Lucked into Lann's amazing USB on the ticket! I tell ya, my WOFF team is going to be real strong before long.

...sigh, at least Enna Kros is still somewhat useful in my Earth teams.

I've used Lann's USB for a long time!...as a 6* +fire thrown weapon for Axel.

• Options
    Haha, I remember using Lann's BSB weapon as locke's go-to weapon for a long time, before 6-star Fire Thief abilities were really a thing.

• Options
    Locke/Cloud USB/LMR dupes

Oh boy

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmmm... Two GSB+.

Leo's (Last Stand all? No Infusion?) and Penelo's (benching Larsa again lol).

• Options
    That Glint+ has sort of become a standard pick for knight-type characters. Last Stand to all + 1 instant turn. Still kinda annoying when the character in question is very limited in element access, though.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Daily hit: raijin enLit LMR
    Ticket: dupe seph USB1

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Been about a year and I'm thinking of coming back. Should I come back? FFRK is the only gacha that I feel wasn't complete bullshit.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Been about a year and I'm thinking of coming back. Should I come back? FFRK is the only gacha that I feel wasn't complete bullshit.

ok imho, I'd say yes. I've dabbled in others (Dissidia OO, Dragalia Lost, Romancing Saga RE:Universe, GranBlue and BE) and it's probably because I've stuck a lot with this one but at least it feels pretty straightforward compared to the barrage of currencies on others. If you still have your old account you're gonna get a bunch of tickets letting you do a lot of pulls to get you up to speed. Especially now with those magicite support banners and the fest.

the thing that makes FFRK just right for me compared to other gachas (and this could be a negative), is that it's pretty low maintenance these days. The "events" aren't as FOMO as other games and I can autobattle thru them easily. The big fights (Magicite and Torments) are permanent content so I'm not rushed into finishing them asap. So...I yeah although there are weeks where at best I'm only collecting my daily currency there is stuff to do that I can do at my own pace. I had to quit DOOFF because I had to start devoting like 2 hours leveling summoning boards, doing events, etc and to be honest I have this backlog of games I'd like to get to. So...if you want something light that doesn't require spending TONS of time, yeah I can recommend FFRK.

• Options
    To be fair, FFRK has a barrage of currencies now too, we just got eased into it.

• Options
    You know I guess because you can earn most of them without paying cash (looking at you Anima Lenses Ex) and like you said it's been a slow ramp up it didn't feel bad. Compare that to War of the Visions where they bombard you with currencies and oh boy.

• Options
    Anyway, there's some bonus stuff going on right now for returning players, so if you do come back, it's a good time to do so.

There's a lot going on but we can help. The top end content is bullshit as per usual, but like lionheart said, no real FOMO.

• Options
    I really need to make more HAs and 6* dive more people. I have enough sapphires for almost a dozen more, and since we're essentially done with non-HA 6* abilities, there's not much use to not max hone all the generic stuff at this point.

I think I've dived everybody with a sync though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    People keep talking about Omega Weapon in some elemental event thing that I feel like I missed?

• Options
    People keep talking about Omega Weapon in some elemental event thing that I feel like I missed?

It was supposed to get a 550 difficulty when it came back. It still might, I guess.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78485043

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

It was supposed to get a 550 difficulty when it came back. It still might, I guess.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78485043

No, like, they're talking about taking Edge for a spin in it and capping damage?