Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Rosa with ProShellHastega Glint+ , AASB, and her USB2 (instant heal, regenga, qc2 for party) would serve you well for a ton of content.

I'll give that a shot. way cheaper to buy an ultra and a glint than an awakening.

Also on my circuit of the 5* fights i just cleared Typhon... and that was annoying. i had to look it up and found out i just had to phase push and then race.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ff9 down as well.

Productive weekend.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Well whoops I got all into these 5* fights and just skipped over the 280 torments. These are now super easy compared to what I’ve been doing.

That was a nice way to get 4k of the ability shards while doing work this morning

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Man, why does the XI DK hit so much harder?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    1. Gotta sell XI relics somehow

2. Do you have protect/shell, especially after the p1t8 dispel?

3. It isn't actually hitting harder, it just seems like it because Aphmau sucks

4. It has more HP than standard, and your DPS is probably bad because most XI characters suck, so you're seeing nastier parts of the script. If you have to tank Megaflares, you're getting Pain, so you actually are getting hit harder in phase 3

Fry on
  • Options
    I have exactly one Useful XI relic and I know I’m largely in the new player space still but from hearing other people talk about 11, it doesn’t sound like I’m that far behind the curve

• Options
    Diabolos: still pretty annoying even when I'm several tiers of content past it

Phase 3, everyone's in the wrong phase, so I have someone shoot at the rift to flip D's phase. Sync command hits for 29999x6, destroys it. Linked ability goes off, still targeting the rift, destroys it again, flipping D right back to where he was. Thanks, game.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    last fest related update but i finally got around to beating two dragonkings and 2 argent odins for the quest
    i was bashing my head against the wall for ff7's dragonking for the longest time even though i'm grossly overpowered in that realm but kept dying due to some dumb -99% attack followed by a sap tick of damage
    the goddamn wait feature saved me. Would have liked for it to be at speed 1 but speed 2 is serviceable.
    aaaaaand now i've somehow run out of rainbow crystals =\
    ok back to sleep

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I have now beaten all the 5* magicites!

I had to buy Agrias' imperil USB to kill deathgaze and had elarra carry del'diaga just for more imperiling. what a jerk.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Be prepared that 6* is going to be a bit of a difficulty cliff. You're getting to the stuff that things like syncs and AASB were made for, as opposed to older content that those new types utterly break.

Also Titan is the traditional place to break into the cycle.

E: and all of them have some gimmick.

They take reduced damage without enElement, and also strip it.

Titan's gimmick is summoning a wall that blocks all damage less than...I think less than 19999? Use an OSB to break it.

Ramuh uses a radiant shield and is a general dick.

Leviathan uses doom that you'll need to pop bubbles to restore.

Ifrit uses pain and you have to kill his pillars before hurting him too much or you auto die. Also he's a GIANT DICK

Shiva has some glaciers she heals with if you don't destroy them and they also require some damage stuff? Don't remember.

Valefor straight up ducks off for a while and you have to kill a bunch of tornadoes or you auto lose.

Alexander has a like....a counter for number of hits over a certain amount or something? I don't remember.

Diabolos is a dick, will be the last one you'll do, and you won't face him for a couple months anyway so don't worry about it.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Oh right.

You've done dark Odin, right? Can't remember if those are before 5* or after.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Do Dark Odin to get Omni resist accessories, before moving on to 6* magicite. That was the release order.

I guess if you've got hero artifacts for your team, you can skip it, or do fewer than five elements before moving on.

• Options
    By difficulty level 500 dark Odin is next on the elemental side.

I was thinking I’d switch tracks and go back to the realm stuff next though. I have 350 dreams and 450 torments to do. Some of my realm teams completely suck though so I will probably just knock out the ones I can and make sure I’ve got all the ability shards I could ever want before hitting Odin.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Alexander has a hidden “Holy Power” counter that can be any value from 1 to 5. It increases how much damage he does.

It starts at 3. It goes up by 1 every time one of his turns displays the message “Holy Power Intensifies!” It goes down by 1 every time you deal 30,000 or more Dark-element damage in 1 hit. If he remains at a Holy Power of 5 for too long, he’ll use a Divine Judgement attack that instantly ends the fight.

At the end of phase 1, Alexander will perform “Divine Judgement: Trial”. It does damage, and also labels you with a verdict depending on how much Holy Power Alexander has at the time. From 1 to 5, the verdicts are Violent, Somewhat Violent, Tempered, Somewhat Careless, and Carless.

At the end of Phase 2, Alexander will perform “Divine Judgement: Execution”. This has differing effects, based on the verdict you received in phase 1. Tempered deals the least damage. Somewhat Carless and Somewhat Violent do more damage. And Careless and Violent instantly end the battle.

So, if you do too few, or too many, high-powered single hits in phase 1, he’ll suddenly kill you at the start of phase 3. After phase 1, you’re free to Overstrike him to your heart’s content.

————

Additionally, in phase 3, he summons a holy sphere. It targets a party member and periodically hits its target with Holy Pain. That deals damage and increases the target’s Pain level. if any one character reaches too high of a Pain level… Alexander immediately ends the fight. He loves to do that. The sphere will switch targets if it’s attacked with a single-target attack. This lets you spread out the Pain stacks. But there’s also a countdown that decreases each time the sphere is made to switch targets. If you attack the sphere too many times and reduce that counter to 0… Alexander immediately ends the fight.

• Options
    Man, wait mode makes Diablos SO much easier.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Been working on the ffiv lab and wow the healing is rough in the last phase. Already lost two attempts at 5 and 2.5 percent respectively.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Man, wait mode makes Diablos SO much easier.

Wait mode is the best thing they've ever added to this game.

Which is hilarious, with how much they don't seem to want it to be here, lol.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Okay, I just started this game and I really like it a lot.

That's it, fun game. Hope I can just keep going with my FF4 favorites the whole way through.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Okay, I just started this game and I really like it a lot.

That's it, fun game. Hope I can just keep going with my FF4 favorites the whole way through.

Some content is realm-specific and you won't be able to clear it with a specific FF game. Others is element-specific and it'll be hard (but not impossible) to cover some elements fully with FF4 (off the top of my head you should be able to get a workable team for holy in particular, probably fire and a few others, too). Now for the normal stuff you'll be plowing through? Go nuts. But if you want to beat the top-end content, it'll probably require splitting some stuff up :)

• Options
    FFIV lab is down, main takeaway was that major lightning resistance on mog is borderline necessary to keep him alive.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Things are quiet for me until Ticket banner refreshes, whereupon I will chase Quina SASB relentlessly, since it seems required to get any Physical Lab bosses down (absent in-element Crit Fixing). Couple of things coming though:

Next week (?) is the Core/Beyond Dragonking. https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/s7xoil/the_real_final_dk_is_coming_a_playlist_of/

Two weeks from now (2/3) is Lab Season 3, which has a bunch of changes documented here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/79853373

Looks like QoL overall improves.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    For the super boss missions that just started tonight, if you've already scored a victory against one of them before, you can just do 10% damage and that's good enough to get credit for all of the missions for that boss.

This feels like the sort of thing they might patch out.

Fry on
  • Options
    PSA: doing previous seasons of labyrinth doesn't give you credit towards the labyrinth point missions.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    PSA: doing previous seasons of labyrinth doesn't give you credit towards the labyrinth point missions.

What, really? How does that work?

• Options

Don't know but I'd been focusing on season 1 to get older relics I couldn't get in the shop and I'm WAAAAAAAAY short on the number of points needed for the rewards.

• Options
    I beat my first dark Odin element with my lightning team!

Definitely running out of steam at the end he was at 2% and Every one of those multi hit attacks in the last phase I assumed was the end

• Options

Don't know but I'd been focusing on season 1 to get older relics I couldn't get in the shop and I'm WAAAAAAAAY short on the number of points needed for the rewards.

I was mistaken on this. My problem was more spending time clearing the "run X 10 times" missions on the shorter levels. S1 80 stam is the best place to grind lab points, apparently.

• Options
    Also since we've got a couple newer players, found this graphic which REALLY simplifies explaining what is good for damage.

YOtvI4R.png

tl;dr - when equipping an RM, choose one of the rows the character DOESN'T have a boost on, if possible, in order to maximize the boost.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I barely understand what most characters have to begin with! 90% of my record sphere time has been hitting “unlock all” and hoping the char gained access to higher level ability schools

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    So Ticket Draws Refresh next week. I'm planning to do them all, but if you were being picky, what % would you want for a hit on an 11 draw for 15 mythril?

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I didn't do most of the 15 mythril draws last time; if I'm not even planning to spend all my tickets, I definitely shouldn't be throwing mythril at them.

My personal metric is 75% chance to get 1+ relevant items on a 50 mythril draw, ie wanting half the items on a standard banner. I normalize everything else to that standard so I can make fair comparisons. For a 15 mythril 11-draw, works out to something like a 35% hit rate being equivalent (since you get a little more than three draws)

Fry on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I have like 15 tickets so that’s cool.

Also I have done two odins now and wanted to give the 6*s a try and HAH! As a newish player I have like 1-2 infusions per team and not much to do once a single sync/awaken runs out for that char.

And one sync/awaken is definitely not enough to race anything or beat the stacking rage despite the internet telling me it’s way more than enough

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Titan is probably the easiest 6*; the mechanics are the least awful, and many people randomly end up with a stacked physical wind team. You can go very slow in the first phase to build up lots of meter, because the timer isn't especially punishing, nor is the incoming damage.

The fights have actually been nerfed since the original release; originally you were basically required to have element infusion to deal any meaningful damage, but they later buffed non-infused damage so it's not quite so punishing if you're not infused. You do still need infusion for some of the mechanics, though (Ramuh in particular)

Edit: if you haven't already, buy some Orthros magicite from Kite and use that as your main, it'll help a ton with keeping rage under control. You could also use it to help with Titan's walls

Fry on
  • Options
    I beat the ice dark Odin and after thinking about some of the things people told me the other day I went and beat physical shiva!

It was like a completely different mindset of fighting. I basically just had dps auto attacking until it was arbitrarily go time and I had to hold back one person’s sync until the end of the second phase. I definitely beat it running on empty for some chars. My kill screenshot has noctis with an earth infuse because earth sync was literally the only move he had left and she was at 0.1%

• Options
    Hmm

Last core event for the foreseeable future. Considering pulling here.

• Options
    i bought this bazooka for dr mog. it seems way too niche for what I am on but maybe by the time i get to the higher level cardias i'll have found some biggs tech to actually use 5 of them

• Options
    Hmm

Last core event for the foreseeable future. Considering pulling here.

There's just so much Dr. Mog crap on here, I just know I'll pull that.

• Options
    Rolled the dice.

Only 1/11, but it's Biggs DA, which I'll take!

Doesn't help my "Biggs is my only core/beyond with 2+ BDL" problem, but it makes him kinda hilarious.

ZERO reason to ever go into dual mode given his HA though

• Options
    Dual Shift 2s are pretty bad when they end mode 1.

• Options
    Dual Shift 2s are pretty bad when they end mode 1.

Just so limited in amount of turns, it's a weird choice they made.