As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Vice Presidential Debate

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Pence is trying to provoke an outburst, and the problem is that he deserves it. The moderator should address his lack of answers at the very least.

Midwest trolling, then get if they get mad at him well take that's just not the right tone.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Pence is interrupting Harris and lying more.

She really needs to just talk over him, he's not going to stop. Also, good to see her push to get her time back after being interrupted.

She can't without coming across as an "angry black woman" she's being graded on the tightest of curves. Where as mayo mcpinkeye just has to drool on the application.

She's dealing with it the best way I think. Let him speak, ask him to stop interrupting, and let everyone have a conversation. In the exact same tone my friends use with their 10 year old when he's acting out.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    What. Free-Market Economy = Cleaner Planet? What the fuck is this shit?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Oh no, not my fossil fuels!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Pence is interrupting Harris and lying more.

She really needs to just talk over him, he's not going to stop. Also, good to see her push to get her time back after being interrupted.

She can't without coming across as an "angry black woman" she's being graded on the tightest of curves. Where as mayo mcpinkeye just has to drool on the application.

She's dealing with it the best way I think. Let him speak, ask him to stop interrupting, and let everyone have a conversation. In the exact same tone my friends use with their 10 year old when he's acting out.

disapproving mom is probably the ideal energy to go for with this shitbag

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Pence: "No more hurricanes than there used to be."

Motherfucker, we're in the Greek letters!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Did I miss something? Is there a huge portion of the electorate that cares deeply about keeping up on fracking?

• Options
    "Hurricanes are bigger and take longer."

Pence: "Yeah but there aren't more are there?"

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Did I miss something? Is there a huge portion of the electorate that cares deeply about keeping up on fracking?

a huge portion of trump's electorate

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

“Actually yes there are more too.”

• Options

also yes though

• Options

There's a lot of jobs in the rust-belt tied up in fracking.

It's the new coal-mining jobs, for good and for ill.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Pence interrupting is kind of annoying. I want the moderator to step in.

I will say that Kamala channels strong mom energy. Trump is hurting with college educated women, and I can see where Kamala resonates with that block.

This should really be used as a bludgeon for muting mics in future debates. If neither Trump nor Pence can shut their fucking mouths when someone else is talking, then it needs to be done for them.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

The rolling coal crowd

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

There is a swathe of Americans who believe they care about the environment but want cheap gas and must be gently told that it is fine and we are doing nothing wrong, plus look at these jobs.

Drill, baby, drill.

Tumin on
  • Options

Libs are generally against it so about 40% of the country cares deeply about supporting it.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

How the hell did they get people to fold fracking into identity politics? To the point that Biden is afraid of being seen as anti-fracking? What the fuck?

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    So I'm not watching, but I'm seeing twitter takes that apparently Pence has a serious case of pinkeye going on. Which is apparently a covid symptom.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Climate change is real. California is really feeling that.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Pence: "No more hurricanes than there used to be."

Motherfucker, we're in the Greek letters!

Which, if they were all Cat 1 it wouldn't matter nearly as much, but they're all much more powerful and damaging.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Pence must think "Green new deal" is a boogey man that loses voters in the Mid-West. I haven't seen polling on that, but they must have good numbers because he won't shut up about it.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Science doesn't know face giving strong jackie chan confused meme feels

• Options
    "Trump was told science is telling us this. Trump's response was 'Science doesn't know'".

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

How the hell did they get people to fold fracking into identity politics? To the point that Biden is afraid of being seen as anti-fracking? What the fuck?

literally everything is identity politics now

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Pence’s response to every situation is to try and scare people that their taxes are going to go up.

Marathon on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    It’s not a total disorganized shit show.

• Options
    Scooter wrote: »
    So I'm not watching, but I'm seeing twitter takes that apparently Pence has a serious case of pinkeye going on. Which is apparently a covid symptom.

incidentally also from being full of shit

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Finally a good answer for Kamala. Use Trump's words against Pence's

• Options
    Pence: "The green new deal is coming, no more cows, no more airplanes!"

It's a right-wing boogeyman that they continue to lie about because they don't want to actually talk about it.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Muting this when Pence talks was a brilliant suggestion, thank you whoever mentioned that.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Pence must think "Green new deal" is a boogey man that loses voters in the Mid-West. I haven't seen polling on that, but they must have good numbers because he won't shut up about it.

Or he's just using Biden's own words against him.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Fracking is one of the few new sources of income which has come to rural America the past few decades - companies roll in, pay for the use of your land, pump income into the local community via temporary construction jobs, etc.

• Options
    God Pence is a broken fucking record. His response to any question: “Joe Biden is gonna raise your taxes and ban fracking.”

I mean, I hope he’s right?

• Options
    "Pence do you think climate change is an existential crisis?"

"Like I said, we'll follow the science. Biden and Harris will raise taxes."

JFC.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Pence just referenced "AOC" and I doubt many people know what the fuck that means.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I'm gonna turn off the 2020 Great Fracking Debate and check the news tomorrow for highlights. World is burning and more time spent on fracking than anything else. Fuck it.

• Options
    "Pence you mentioned the trade war with China. You lost that war." Followed by a disappointed look and the numbers of jobs lost in different industries.

• Options
    "Lost the trade war to China? Joe Biden never fought it."

Dude. That doesn't change that you lost it.

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Pence just referenced "AOC" and I doubt many people know what the fuck that means.

the people he's talking to do

which is something i find incredibly interesting about the Republican party's campaigning anymore. they don't even talk to people outside their bubble. it's all just recycling their talking points that all require living inside their bubble to not immediately reject as obviously false

it's a small wonder their base keeps shrinking

• Options
    Harris: "Joe biden saved the auto industry and you voted against it."

This discussion has been closed.