Options

The 2020 Vice Presidential Debate

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Harris is now talking about records should be released, immediately pivoted to the NY Times report.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Pence hasn't answered one single question.

Ohhh, that was a good pivot from Harris.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Harris now bringing out the the NYTimes tax reporting.

"It's important to know who the commander in chief owes money to."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Pence is hedging really hard with fluff.

It’s almost shockingly empty shameless lying.

Except, you know. The bar is where it is.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Neither wants to talk about Candidate health, or about succession

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "Is the president's health information something voters deserve to know?"

Pence: "You're great, America is great, Harris is great. Everyone's great."

Harris: "Yes, absolutely." She's now using the rest of her time to attack Trump's taxes.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    VP debates are about generating press for the top of the ticket, no one actually cares what Pence believes or says. His goal is to make no headlines and seem like the reasonable one.

• Options
    Pence: "The president has paid tens of millions of dollars in taxes." Sticking with outright lies.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So far this isn't going to move anyone. Kamala is fine, but not great. Pence is trying to be buttery and charming, but doesn't say anything. He's about as exciting as a towel.

Roz on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Neither wants to talk about Candidate health, or about succession

I mean it’s a losing strategy for either of them to mention it. Harris because it brings up the boogeyman of a Woman (!) President (!) and Pence because trump will unhinge his jaw and devour him whole if he dares imply the God-Emperor is mortal.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I turned it off. I can't imagine this swinging many voters either direction.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Imagine, just imagine, letting this trembling sack of mayonnaise walk over you.

This moderator is awful

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Imagine, just imagine, letting this deal sack of mayonnaise walk over you.

This moderator is awful

She's literally a pence supporter so its no surprise.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Infrastructure Week, drink!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kamala Harris has mastered the bemused look.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    To be honest the low time limit on answers and the derpy fluff questions are as much to blame for Harris performance as anything she's actually said.

There's more time to talk over the imposters in a game of Among Us.

• Options
    "Would raising taxes put the recovery at risk?"

Kamala: "Biden believes you measure the strength of the economy based on the American worker. Trump believes your measure it based on how rich people are. Biden will repeal Trump's tax bill and use that money to invest in infrastructure. Trump had mentioned an infrastructure week but I haven't seen it."

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Imagine, just imagine, letting this deal sack of mayonnaise walk over you.

This moderator is awful

She's literally a pence supporter so its no surprise.

She at least has written good questions

• Options
    Kamala - I heard about infrastructure week. I don't think that ever happened.

LOLOLOL

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Pence is def trying to show that there's someone with empathy and thought in the administration but the problem is that after 4 years its clear that doesn't mean anything.

Trump will Trump.

• Options
    "When Trump and I took office, we inherited the slowest economic recovery ever. You heard Harris, day one Biden will raise your taxes."

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    To be honest the low time limit on answers and the derpy fluff questions are as much to blame for Harris performance as anything she's actually said.

There's more time to talk over the imposters in a game of Among Us.

The time limit hasn't been evenly applied Pence gets more time to shit about where as Harris seems to be to the second.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Pence is like if Republican talking points spontaneously emerged from the ether as a fully formed human. It's just boiler plate right wing economics and tax cuts non-stop.

• Options
    Pence is interrupting Harris and lying more.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    God I love Harris's "don't you fucking interrupt me" look.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Bwahahahaha she's talking to Pence like he's a child.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Pence pisses me off so much. He has this look af absolute disdain for Harris, like he's wondering why the help is talking to him.

• Options
    Pence just threw a massive tantrum because Kamala knows more about taxes than he does.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, Kamala keeps giving Pence a look like it's probably a good thing there are a couple of plexiglass barriers between them.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular

She really needs to just talk over him, he's not going to stop. Also, good to see her push to get her time back after being interrupted.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    "If you have a pre-existing condition, they're coming for you." *points at Pence*

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    $2,000 is not actually a lot of money! That's an extra $166 a month. People need to understand that we're being thrown pennies while the wealthy are making money hand over fist.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options

She really needs to just talk over him, he's not going to stop. Also, good to see her push to get her time back after being interrupted.

She can't without coming across as an "angry black woman" she's being graded on the tightest of curves. Where as mayo mcpinkeye just has to drool on the application.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah, she talked over him and the moderator and got to finish her point.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

worth considering she has the added pressure of a lifetime dealing with the angry black woman racist stereotype and how that affects her responses

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Pence interrupting is kind of annoying. I want the moderator to step in.

I will say that Kamala channels strong mom energy. Trump is hurting with college educated women, and I can see where Kamala resonates with that block.

• Options
    "Trump and I have a plan to protect pre existing conditions and provide healthcare for everyone."

PLAN TO EVER SHARE THAT PENCE?!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    He just said Obamacare was a disaster. Hoo boy.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Pence is trying to provoke an outburst, and the problem is that he deserves it. The moderator should address his lack of answers at the very least.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    God my every reaction to this muppet is just:
    https://youtu.be/0hEIKjFQuTg

This discussion has been closed.