Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    The entire time I was watching the Nevers trailer I was like "this can't be a Joss Whedon project! If it's a period piece, how would he get the main girl to lose all her clothes and then do kung fu!?"

And then it happened anyway. Gotta hand it to the man for consistency.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Huh, apparently Whedon stepped down and was replaced by Philippa Goslett

#ReleaseTheWhedonCut

wandering on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The Nevers looks like something I'll never watch a steampunk dab. If it's Whedon it's making me remember his fucking worthless Runaways arc where they time travel back to the past and the Runaways basically get sidelined for own ideas and the delays helped kill the franchise for a few years.

And the next time someone does a superhero landing in a show, immediately have the enemy just roundhouse them into a wall instead of letting them get up. They won't be the enemy anymore, they will be the hero. Please do this, Deadpool 3, or Paddington 3, or Shazam 2 (and 3).

Deadpool 2 already did the "Super hero landings are dumb" thing.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    The Nevers looks like something I'll never watch a steampunk dab. If it's Whedon it's making me remember his fucking worthless Runaways arc where they time travel back to the past and the Runaways basically get sidelined for own ideas and the delays helped kill the franchise for a few years.

And the next time someone does a superhero landing in a show, immediately have the enemy just roundhouse them into a wall instead of letting them get up. They won't be the enemy anymore, they will be the hero. Please do this, Deadpool 3, or Paddington 3, or Shazam 2 (and 3).

Deadpool 2 already did the "Super hero landings are dumb" thing.

You're right peko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2X_uoaWua4

I have forgotten so much of that movie. I remember liking it, but I remember and still rewatch DP1 every year and all I really remember from 2 is X-Force dying and Yukio

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The first Deadpool as well

https://youtu.be/EwUilIo036g

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    The entire time I was watching the Nevers trailer I was like "this can't be a Joss Whedon project! If it's a period piece, how would he get the main girl to lose all her clothes and then do kung fu!?"

They don't call it a bodice ripper for nothing!

Seriously though, all peak TV right now feels the need to include gratuitous titillation if it's "serious" that it's a trope at this point. Half of the Netflix teen shows are that alone without any real plot. So while it may be a Whedon thing, if it wasn't the network notes would require it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »

They don't call it a bodice ripper for nothing!

Seriously though, all peak TV right now feels the need to include gratuitous titillation if it's "serious" that it's a trope at this point. Half of the Netflix teen shows are that alone without any real plot. So while it may be a Whedon thing, if it wasn't the network notes would require it.

Fan service sells?
    Who would of thunk.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    There's a Godzilla anime coming to Netflix in April that they've just dropped a new trailer for. Interestingly, Godzilla is nowhere in sight. Also, it looks like Jet Jaguar is gonna be more important than I expected

https://youtu.be/MGjU5UOfVxU

My god that looks so damn awful.. what are they doing? It's like a parody.

Hopefully its just the trailer? That anime af song didn't really help things.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I keep waiting for the moment this 3D-CGI-in-anime thing clicks for me, but that day is not this day. There are shows I've seen that have gotten it a lot better than that godzilla trailer, though.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Punky Brewster's getting the reboot treatment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttApGdDLThw

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I keep waiting for the moment this 3D-CGI-in-anime thing clicks for me, but that day is not this day. There are shows I've seen that have gotten it a lot better than that godzilla trailer, though.

SSSS.Gridman did a good job with it, they went with the guy in suit style Kaiju similar to Shin Godzilla, but even they used it sparingly with only a few action shots that make good use of that secondary motion.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I just got an email from my favorite local theater telling me that they've re-opened, which seems like a really bad idea.

But they also wanted to let everyone know that they are currently showing a coronavirus zombie movie, which seems like an even worse idea.

Then I got to the description, "When a failed experiment to discover a vaccine for COVID -19 creates a new epidemic, a young game developer desperate to save his best friend falls prey to the Zombie Virus." HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE IDEA

Then I watched the trailer. I don't know why either, sorry.

And now I realized I've been sitting here making faces like the kombucha girl meme for a while.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well its already better than the Micheal Bay covid 19 movie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Was Punky Brewster really that big of a thing? I feel like it really only hit like a specific three year age gap compared to like Family Matters or Saved By The Bell or something.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Was Punky Brewster really that big of a thing? I feel like it really only hit like a specific three year age gap compared to like Family Matters or Saved By The Bell or something.

Really huge, too big they had to do surgery.

Yep I'm a child.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Soleil Moon Frye was in Saved By the Bell, she was the money snob in Screech's Spaghetti Sauce!

She also looks like she's barely five foot today, yuck. No more short people.

• Options
    Soleil Moon Frye was in Saved By the Bell, she was the money snob in Screech's Spaghetti Sauce!

She also looks like she's barely five foot today, yuck. No more short people.

Ok Wanda lets calm down with this.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxsB6o6DJs

Every time there is a bruce willis trailer I know the movie will be absolutely awful and this looks yep terrible.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Every time there is a bruce willis trailer I know the movie will be absolutely awful and this looks yep terrible.

god this looks terrible

but the first part made me remember this key & peele sketch and I watched it and that made me smile so there's that

https://youtu.be/Ezg4sr67OGA

• Options
    I mean realistically you see "Saban films" you can just close the trailer you're done its done.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    why does he look like the Quake 3 Arena guy?

Also I bet he's got a helmet on for most of the movie so, you know he doesn't have to put in his generous 5% effort and just coast on 1% for the trailers.

• Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Also I bet he's got a helmet on for most of the movie so, you know he doesn't have to put in his generous 5% effort and just coast on 1% for the trailers.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with the "bar fight" they show us in the trailer you don't see Bruce doing anything. I don't know why he's even doing movies if he's doing absolutely nothing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Nope, I love it, it looks dumber'n hell, and the entire trailer dialogue is cliche one liners and BWAAAAAAA. It's sped bast "so bad it's good" and slammed right into "I will drunk-hate-watch this and love it."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options

Nope, I love it, it looks dumber'n hell, and the entire trailer dialogue is cliche one liners and BWAAAAAAA. It's sped bast "so bad it's good" and slammed right into "I will drunk-hate-watch this and love it."

never before has a posters name and post been more in tune with each other.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    The first minute is pretty much the exact same as the starting of 5th element. Except gritty and lame.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Another VOD Frank Grillo/Willis movie.

This just reminds me of this video, should be timestamped, it has an interview with Grillo where he talks about signing on for that Reprisal movie for the money and then most of the money went to paying Willis.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    eh, i'll probably still end up watching it... Frank Grillo was great in Boss Level, I think he could pull the weight for both him and sleepy gramps Willis.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    how many passes does not multipass contain anyway

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Punky Brewster's getting the reboot treatment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttApGdDLThw

What's amazing is that she still has it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    DanHibiki wrote: »

This makes me sad. You take that back.

This guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgps2D3LptY

is totally this guy:
    8o8_Kj2o.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Netflix has a Pacific Rim anime series coming out March 4th

https://youtu.be/umtOGzti-XQ

The absence of the badass Pacific Rim theme music is really lame

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah OK I'll do Pacific Rim anime. Also, I laughed at
    "shorter cut,"
    , so gj with that dumb joke :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Hooray. Crappy tropey angsty teen anime shoved into the awesomeness of Pacific Rim. Complete with standard Netflix cheap-as-shit-and-it-shows low-framerate animation. So glad that corpse is getting diddled even more than Uprising did.

Honestly, take out the Pacific Rim name and this is just any regular anime property. What a lazy cash grab attempt.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I really liked Pacific Rim, but if I were to describe it as anything it would be "a regular anime property, but live action and made in America."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    There's a manga out there called Kaiju No. 8 that came out last year which has been a good mix of Pacific Rim and Attack on Titan (kaijus attack japan, human scout-like monster defense force, guy on cleanup duty who feels life left him behind can actually transform into a kaiju and help out), hope that a good studio gets the rights to it and not whatever shitty 3D animoo Netflix is paying for.

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    I really liked Pacific Rim, but if I were to describe it as anything it would be "a regular anime property, but live action and made in America."

Yeah Pacific Rim is super standard by the book stuff. Adding teen angst? Totally fits the style.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I feel like that's one of those situations like

Lionsgate: We're gonna lose sequel rights to Pacific Rim and it's COVID land so we can't shoot a new movie plus do we really want to?
    Random Person in hollywood with connections: I just wrote a screenplay for a pacific rim sequel or something and I worked on clone wars at some point
    Lionsgate: Netflix, you need something for July for the 13-28 demo with low production costs that can't be shut down for COVID?
    Netflix: +

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    no stacker, no cancellation, no sale

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Hooray. Crappy tropey angsty teen anime shoved into the awesomeness of Pacific Rim. Complete with standard Netflix cheap-as-shit-and-it-shows low-framerate animation. So glad that corpse is getting diddled even more than Uprising did.

Honestly, take out the Pacific Rim name and this is just any regular anime property. What a lazy cash grab attempt.

The entire premise of pacific rim is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jerwm4ctkg
    "what if we took that cool 1 minute scene/synchronization episode plot from evangelion and made a franchise out of it?". I think teen drama/immature adult conflict was always going to be the end result of a plot of 'we have to learn to work together'.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, I kind of doubt it, and not just because NGE had absolutely nothing in common with PR.
    It feels a lot more like a pre 90s OVA of a long running series like Mazinger or Getter Robo.
    We're just lucky he wasn't a big fan of devil man.

DanHibiki on
This discussion has been closed.