Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh man does The Prince look like shit. Even for animated shows it looks like trash and the guy clearly came from Family Guy and is trying to do a Stewie 2.0. Fucking trash.

I might as well post this trailer I saw get forced on me via Youtube, Paramount needs their own shit animated show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiV2AsyEOE

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    yes

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Phil Tippet was the dino wrangler in Jurassic Park, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I finally caught that Ghostbusters trailer.

That's... kind of what I was hoping it would be? Not humor in the "OH LOOK WHAT THOR DID LMAO" but actual comedy that requires getting to know the characters.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    What really threw me about that GB:AL trailer is that Paul Rudd looks hella like Benny Cummy in that beard

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    What really threw me about that GB:AL trailer is that Paul Rudd looks hella like Benny Cummy in that beard

He really does, especially the scene where he’s making that face at the little marshmallow dudes.

• Options
    Also, to be really honest, unless there’s a 30 second screed about how wonderful Walmart is for raising employee wages or how their prices just make more sense than shopping online, some product placement really doesn’t bother me at all.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Looks good, I just wish the CGI was better.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I just hope Carnage has a personality too, not just Cletus.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I can't wait until Sony loses the license and it reverts back to Marvel. Sony should just get the Spawn license or something if this is what theyre going to do

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I can't wait until Sony loses the license and it reverts back to Marvel. Sony should just get the Spawn license or something if this is what theyre going to do

There's no expiration date on the license. They were desperate for money back then.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's just no way to make Carnage interesting to me. At all. I'd far rather 90 minutes of shenanigans with just Brock teaching Venom not to eat people than anything whatsoever involving Carnage.

It's like looking at the Spider-Man back catalog and going "people really have a lot to say about this Clone Saga, we should do that!" Or picking One More Day as the focal point of the franchise.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ryan Reynolds being his own viral marketing campaign will never get old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI772XuCpo

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ryan's worn me down where I want to see that movie... but not in theaters.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Venom 2 looks way better than Shang Chi and Eternals. It won't be, but make an R cut for theaters and I'll pay to see it.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Venom 2 looks way better than Shang Chi and Eternals. It won't be, but make an R cut for theaters and I'll pay to see it.

I think pretty much anything looks better than The Eternals. Looks like Inhumans the Movie.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Ryan's worn me down where I want to see that movie... but not in theaters.

I’m convinced it was a Netflix film, but the first trailer was a year ago, and my memory from that time it a bit frayed…

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

I think pretty much anything looks better than The Eternals. Looks like Inhumans the Movie.

Whoa, buddy.
    Let's not be too harsh here. We don't want to say anything that we can't take back.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Eternals doesn't look like anything because they have barely shown anything from it. That trailer they put out was basically nothing.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Zavian wrote: »

I love the characterization of venom as a shitty hanger on loser. It's the only part of the whole thing that works besides/because of Hardy's desperate sweaty exacerbated charm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Aight I'm sold. The first one had some ineffable charm that just clicked with me and they look to be doubling down. I like Woody Harrelson. I like Carnage because he's one dimensional but in a good way, like the interesting story is how people react to and deal with a super powered psycho killer. Maaaaaybe I'm just feeling nostalgic because the Maximum Carnage comic arc gave us one of the better SNES side scrolling brawlers, though.

• Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Yeah, looks pretty good!

the Garfield cameo seemed unnessasery though.
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    That was Dan Ackroyd, you hack.
    This is exactly how Garfield got made in the first place!
    For those who aren't aware, Murray confused the Garfield writer "Cohen" with the more famous "Coen" brothers.

Similarly "Ackroyd" is actually spelled "Aykroyd".

• Options
    Yeah, there's just no way to make Carnage interesting to me. At all. I'd far rather 90 minutes of shenanigans with just Brock teaching Venom not to eat people than anything whatsoever involving Carnage.

It's like looking at the Spider-Man back catalog and going "people really have a lot to say about this Clone Saga, we should do that!" Or picking One More Day as the focal point of the franchise.

It seems like they're making an effort with that brief glimpse of the photo. I don't expect anyone to turn him into, say, IW's Thanos, but a bit of effort can't hurt. Venom isn't much on paper either, but they made their banter the best part of the original.

"JUMP."

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »
    Yeah, looks pretty good!

For those who aren't aware, Murray confused the Garfield writer "Cohen" with the more famous "Coen" brothers.

I'm aware and it's part of the joke (check the link).

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ht.tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo

Aight I'm sold. The first one had some ineffable charm that just clicked with me and they look to be doubling down. I like Woody Harrelson. I like Carnage because he's one dimensional but in a good way, like the interesting story is how people react to and deal with a super powered psycho killer. Maaaaaybe I'm just feeling nostalgic because the Maximum Carnage comic arc gave us one of the better SNES side scrolling brawlers, though.

Did anyone ever make it past stage 2 or 3 of that on the original hardware?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »
    Yeah, looks pretty good!

I'm aware and it's part of the joke (check the link).
    I figured as much, but I couldn't let it pass without other people appreciating it.

Because everyone knows that jokes are much more funny when explained.

• Options
    If they just follow the series and do an episode an issue, it could work. The series was very well paced, but holy shit do I get the vibe they're going to saddle us way too much with the bureaucratic DC portion of the first arc and it won't be tidbits per issue but a exposition dump/flashback/dump/back and then give way too much Culper Ring padding.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mike Banning vs. Crossbones vs. Cotton Hill, this is how you make quality movies!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Ketar wrote: »

So it's getting the "Texiken" seal of approval?

Edit'?: Beat'd by the O.G. himself!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

It immediately lost aaaaaaaall my interest with the implication that all the men dying means the instant collapse of civilization. Yeah, I'm sure there would be some rough patches, but I'm like... 99% sure that women would run the world just fine in reasonably short order, plus or minus a percentage point. If anything, I'd expect a lot the more moronic shit plaguing societies around the world would suddenly and "mysteriously" disappear as well.

I also have zero interest in whatever convoluted bullshit they make up for how all the men everywhere manage to die at nearly the same time from a broad-dispersal bioweapon which, and I'm just guessing here, also somehow kills any male fetuses and/or renders women unable to have male children despite the fact that it would be absolutely impossible on a genetic level to make sure even 99% of the male population to be affected the same way without harming any women.

EDIT: Not to mention the sheer laziness of a series relying on a pandemic as the horrific element, given events of the last year or so.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Whereas if those are the only 'problems' with it I will be thrilled. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    You're seeing the first months after the plague happened. It actually addresses some stuff you're citing pretty immediately. If you don't want to watch go right ahead but there's more meat here than anything The Blandmaid's Fail or The Leftovers (moer leik "The Barely Touched Your Platers" a dab) attempted. And that's why it will probably be attacked by people on twitter, especially when they show the amazons being psychos. A world run by women is just as petty as a world run by men.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Y the last man is a comic from over a decade ago.

Also sheer global population drop on that scale would absolutely fuck everything up in the near term no matter the demographics of the survivors.

Sleep on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I actually didn't like the book, because the implication was that society wouldn't be immediately absolutely fucked. Also the ending was...

Look, other people really liked Y.

This discussion has been closed.