Options

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I stick to my routes less from the familiar and more because driving around randomly here has a way higher chance of going somewhere dangerous.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Maybe the white lines a bit thicker than the red lines. In my experience white lines always come out thinner looking than colour lines.

Yeah, probably. I'll see how the v1 deck printing handles fine lines. I'll also keep fiddling with the monogram, I don't really like what I have right now. Maybe just drop it and do some sort of pattern.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's 60 degrees out

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Is that good?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It's pretty slanted.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Is that good?

15c

So yes and no

It's nice but it'll probably get well over 40c this summer

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Is that good?

15c

So yes and no

It's nice but it'll probably get well over 45c this summer

Well over 45c would be a record temp for your area by a pretty wide margin, wouldn't it?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    45c is cataclysmic temperatures in most areas of the US

that's death valley levels of hot

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Ketar wrote: »
    Is that good?

15c

So yes and no

It's nice but it'll probably get well over 45c this summer

Well over 45c would be a record temp for your area by a pretty wide margin, wouldn't it?

I should have left it as 40c yeah. My math was off. But it's gotten close actually. Like we do get days over 100f sometimes. But one or two a year tops.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Mind you I'm also probably thinking of heat index not just temperature.

Because I'm by two rivers and lake erie.

Gets humid.

This part of Ohio was once a swamp.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I had a realization on the way to pick up groceries today. Since last March I have only ever driven my car from my house to one location and then from that location back home. Usually work or the store to get groceries. Nothing else.

I have a very strong urge, once it is warm enough to roll my windows down and is sunny on a day off, to just randomly drive around my city with zero destination. It has been so long since I’ve done anything like that. It appeals to me.

I've taken to doing this lately to keep my battery charged. Go to the far grocery stores, take a drive along the river, that kind of thing. We're in false spring right now, so it's a really great time for it, but doing it at all just puts me in a different mindset. And lately, different mindset is good!

• Options
    I remember the toxic algae scare in 2014. A few of those days were like 98 to 102 before heat index. It was bad. You had people selling 12 packs of water for like a hundred dollars.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Edit: Maybe he doesn't have the same sort of options, so I shouldn't be so cavalier in suggesting them.

Weaver on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Weaver on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Looking at old photos, never did share this find.
    gzh3gycfyjdv.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My partner and I live in a double house or a row home I guess is another term. A series of homes, with each building usually divided in half vertically, so that each dwelling has an upstairs and a downstairs.

New neighbors recently moved into the other half of the building

Is there some way to politely ask them not move multiple pieces of furniture at literal 0230?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    In the UK those houses are called semi-detached.

That wasn't your question but now you know.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Out west we call them duplexes. As far as moving stuff? Good luck. Can you tell if they are on the same schedule is you? They might be swing shift or night shift folks which is always fun.

Ive found a nice heavy rug/tapestry hung on the wall can take the edge off the sound.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I only know duplex as a two storey appartment.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I had a realization on the way to pick up groceries today. Since last March I have only ever driven my car from my house to one location and then from that location back home. Usually work or the store to get groceries. Nothing else.

I have a very strong urge, once it is warm enough to roll my windows down and is sunny on a day off, to just randomly drive around my city with zero destination. It has been so long since I’ve done anything like that. It appeals to me.

One of the things we did earlier on in quarantine was take a day, pack some lunch, and drive up north to the scenic highway through the mountains (around where the Appalachian Trail ends). It was a really nice trip despite not leaving the car except to enjoy the view at various stops. I would be down to do it again (and this time take some cash for parking, as they rely on a really oldschool system of a box with a slot in it).

A few months back we made a similar trip south to find the bridge from the end of Baby Driver. Again, a really nice day. We listened to music and explored some really cute railroad towns and accidentally found the cafe from Fried Green Tomatoes.

It's nice to get out and go for a drive. I recommend it.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Before the Current Unpleasantness, my book club started doing road trips together. We went to the Tulsa aquarium and took a hiking day trip down to the Arbuckles.

Highly recommended! It felt like the kind of trips you'd take with a group of buds in college just because you had no other pressing time commitments.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I learned from years of nomadic apartment living was that the best way to be neighbors in my experience is to introduce yourself to new neighbors and ask if you'd like to exchange numbers so you can text if something gets too loud or disruptive. That way there's no confrontation or anxiety when it comes to politely asking the person you share a wall or floor/ceiling with to turn it down or give it a rest until morning.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Out west we call them duplexes. As far as moving stuff? Good luck. Can you tell if they are on the same schedule is you? They might be swing shift or night shift folks which is always fun.

Ive found a nice heavy rug/tapestry hung on the wall can take the edge off the sound.

I think they are second shift, they showed up some time around 2 last night

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Ashaman42 wrote: »
    So apparently there has not been a single detected case of flu in England this winter. That is bonkers.

Eh from what I've heard on another forum, some of whom are Drs, this so ain't the case. Cases are lower mind.

I haven't read the thread too deeply and I'm going off recall but it's more that no one tested for flu (poss in a particular cohort) tested positive. But most people don't get tested for the flu as Drs tend towards the view that is it looks and sounds like the flu it's treated as such without sending off for tests.

And most/many people who get the flu don't go to their Dr anyway, they just self medicate.

Yeah I assumed that's what it meant by 'detected'. Still unusual

Sorry, I think I jumped on you a bit there.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So, my mom's appointment for the 6th might not actually stick.
    Because even though she qualifies after the 5th, the place she scheduled for may or may not be doing vaccines for her group at that point. Fffff...
    I have successfully figured out NYC's vaccine nonsense so that I know who vaccinates who, where, but trying to keep track of another state is proving to be difficult.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    My mom is finally eligible for a vaccine in my state starting on the 4th.

She's like 63 so while we've been stuck on phase 1b that were only giving it to people over 65. They are also expanding it to people with diabetes so she's eligible twice over.

I wonder when they'll expand the eligible diagnoses list to people with sleep apnea asthma or extreme obesity?

• Options
    Woo! Second shot get!

Also, Torchy's, if you sell breakfast tacos but don't open until 10 AM, you are a criminal and I will see you dragged before the Hague. You have made a powerful, hungry enemy this morning.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    The partner and I are discussing crossing some state lines to get vaccinated, since we're in Georgia and this state actively wants to kill as many of the working class as they can so the conservatives can hold their dwindling power.

She is able to get the shot in Alabama since she works in academia. I'm going to have to wait a bit since I work in IT and my next best window seems to be North Carolina when they hit phase 4. It'll make for a nice little road-trip at least.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Huh. I live real close to a state line, and I think Washington is doing a little better getting the vaccines out. I wonder if I could swing such a plan...

• Options
    Actually seems like ohio is only counting type 1 diabetes

But still. My mom is over 60 so she can still get her vaccine...

How are people closer to my age in here getting theirs already? Is ohio just getting fewer vaccines? The facility that makes them is just north of here though. Is it a population thing...?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I assume people our ages getting vaccinated work in healthcare
    e: or education, my friend in the bay area is getting jabbed for that reason

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ah yeah fair point. I forget how many folks in this community have important jobs like that

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    A lot of the younger Americans getting it are essential workers, but there's been occasions where the distribution isn't really being handled super equitably and it's like "we have extra vaccines come get 'em???"

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I got mine because Oklahoma is counting asthma as a comorbidity, and I got in on the first round of shots once that phase hit three weeks ago. I got a note from my doctor detailing my wretched pulmonary function, but nobody ever asked to see it. I just checked a box on the website that said "asthma" and they gave me an appointment.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Just got a news alert that my county is getting 5000 doses of the J&J vaccine and they are giving them all to teachers. The county is setting up mass vaccination sites at two high schools for Saturday. This just came out so I haven't heard anything from my district yet. Best case I get the J&J shot Saturday. Worst case, they get a ton of teachers done, cutting my wait time from the current teacher rollout significantly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the johnson and johnson one is a single dose type right?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    the johnson and johnson one is a single dose type right?

That's the one, yeah.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Gov. Greg Abbott
    @GovAbbott
    NEW: Issuing an executive order to lift the mask mandate and open Texas to 100 percent.

My sister and her fiancé and their 1.5 year old live there. My parents booked a trip to go down there on the 30th, a couple days after we finish our vaccines, and I decided to go with them since I missed my sister and haven't seen her in over a year. I'm so fucking scared for us and them.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think I could technically get mine now if I lied and said I'm a smoker, since my BMI is bad enough because BMI is terrible

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Gov. Greg Abbott
    @GovAbbott
    NEW: Issuing an executive order to lift the mask mandate and open Texas to 100 percent.

My sister and her fiancé and their 1.5 year old live there. My parents booked a trip to go down there on the 30th, a couple days after we finish our vaccines, and I decided to go with them since I missed my sister and haven't seen her in over a year. I'm so fucking scared for us and them.

Oh also I think we're like 48th in vaccination percentage right now.

Abbott decided freezing us to death wasn't enough, he needs a little more blood.

This discussion has been closed.