As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Jedoc wrote: »
    So the day after my second Pfizer shot was moderately unpleasant. I ran a low-grade fever the whole time and had the kind of body aches where you can feel all your bones. I took the day off work and just existed in a brain fog until it was time to go back to bed.

Day three and I feel completely recovered. Although I keep having vivid dreams about throwing away my iPod and buying a Zune, so I think I might have gotten a batch of expired nanites.

Or maybe you're prophetic.
    16144645602761444496325802169319.jpg

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fucking
    god damnit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'll be honest the first time I saw that image I thought it was Stephen Hawking and I was omega confudido.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Quarantine is going much better now I have my board

It is most pleasing to be able to go on it, such a destresser, and feels like I actually have something productive to do with my evenings!

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Through some random internet browsing I came across the 'rusty nail' cocktail, which is two parts Scotch one part Drambuie.

Ordered some Drambuie (already has some macallan to hand) and tonight I'm working some overtime while sipping a rusty nail and it's hitting the spot. The sweet taste of the Drambuie goes really well with the whisky and makes it very easy to drink

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    Through some random internet browsing I came across the 'rusty nail' cocktail, which is two parts Scotch one part Drambuie.

Ordered some Drambuie (already has some macallan to hand) and tonight I'm working some overtime while sipping a rusty nail and it's hitting the spot. The sweet taste of the Drambuie goes really well with the whisky and makes it very easy to drink

You should try a godfather

It's a rusty nail with amaretto instead of drambuie

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Oh damn that sounds good

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I've lost a few nights of my life to godfathers

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    my favorite thing about zune was that the process of local song sharing was called 'squirting'

and nobody in the marketing department thought ill of that

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    anybody DTS(quirt)??????

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

It is most pleasing to be able to go on it, such a destresser, and feels like I actually have something productive to do with my evenings!

I'm hopefully going to open up some of my garage space this weekend and I'm thinking about building a board on the newly opened wall.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey, squirt me that new Nickelback.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I only deal in NFS's now (non fungible squirts)

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Rusty Nail used to be my catchup drink

As in, you show up to the bar a couple hours after everyone else and you're still sober and need to get on their level

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

As in, you show up to the bar a couple hours after everyone else and you're still sober and need to get on their level

My catchup drink was usually a Long Island iced tea. And by catchup drink I mean blue shell + star power + lightning bolt.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

My catchup drink was usually a Long Island iced tea. And by catchup drink I mean blue shell + star power + lightning bolt.

oh boy yeah back in my early drinking days, the ol' Long Island was very much my 'I want to be completely drunk in 25-30 minutes, please and thank you'

• Options
    I knew the bartender really well and I'd end up getting all the "we fucked up the order do you want this for free" drinks. I rarely ever knew what they were but hoo mama

Of course I was always drinking alone so I wasn't actually trying to catch up to anybody except maybe for the rotation and curvature of the earth

• Options
    Boilermakers are great catch-up drinks, assuming you're not pounding it, since they do double duty.

I like to ART
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think the only time I ordered a Long Island (might've actually been a Grateful Dead or something else of similar nature) was when I was flat broke in college at a theatre conference with a friend who offered to buy me one drink if I went to the bar and got something for her as well

It was terrible, as is its nature, but it did the trick

• Options
    It was generally the most cost-effective way to get knackered before heading off to a concert or movie or whatever shenanigans we got around to doing when I was 21/22, and I was all about that.

Nowadays I drink half a beer on an empty stomach and get wasted for 20 minutes. It kind of rules, honestly.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    It was generally the most cost-effective way to get knackered before heading off to a concert or movie or whatever shenanigans we got around to doing when I was 21/22, and I was all about that.

Nowadays I drink half a beer on an empty stomach and get wasted for 20 minutes. It kind of rules, honestly.

i'm actually the opposite these days, i literally can't drink beer fast enough to get drunk off it (unless it's like an 8%+ banger or something) before feeling full and bloated, so i only drink beer for the taste now. if i want to get proper drunk i have to go over to hard stuff, or now that i'm in Japan i can just grab a few infamous Strong Zeroes. my local pharmacy (hell yeah) sells three tall boys for about $4 USD and each can has a little over a shot of booze in it, so it's a very cost-effective way to get toasty

• Options
    Just do what I do and drink about one beer a month.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I barely ever drink

I don't really enjoy how it feels

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I'm hopefully going to open up some of my garage space this weekend and I'm thinking about building a board on the newly opened wall.

yeahhh it's totally worth it! How big you thinking?

• Options

It'd probably have to be straight vertical not overhang, but I think I could get 8x12? I'll have to do some measuring when I get home.

I like to ART
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I haven't drank since NYE and even prior to then was mostly sticking to moonshine and beer because local places will deliver theirs to me

My alcohol consumption is gonna look pretty different next time I hit a bar I think! Not sure how well I'll uh, take straight Jamo shots at this point anymore, and I might need to warm back up to other hard liquor after a year and a half without a good bourbon

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I haven't drank since NYE and even prior to then was mostly sticking to moonshine and beer because local places will deliver theirs to me

My alcohol consumption is gonna look pretty different next time I hit a bar I think! Not sure how well I'll uh, take straight Jamo shots at this point anymore, and I might need to warm back up to other hard liquor after a year and a half without a good bourbon

The Jamo warms you up, that's what it's for!

• Options
    You warm up to Jamo with Jamo and then you shoot Jamo until you can't feel your face but somehow you can feel the entirety of your eyeballs.

• Options
    You want cost effective, you make yer own gosh dang alcohol.

Note I didn't say time effective.

• Options
    I dunno I think terlet wine has a pretty quick turn around and you make that with like, Hawaiian Punch and some left over cornbread

• Options
    My perception of homebrewing taking forever might be biased because I mostly make sake, and that has a 90 day turnaround period.

• Options
    Homebrew is between 2 and 4 weeks depending on how you do it.

I like to ART
  • Options

It'd probably have to be straight vertical not overhang, but I think I could get 8x12? I'll have to do some measuring when I get home.

That's pretty big! I'd say that tbh go for a little bit of an incline... but then I love steep problems and tiny crimps so that might just be me haha

• Options

That's pretty big! I'd say that tbh go for a little bit of an incline... but then I love steep problems and tiny crimps so that might just be me haha

I haaaaaaaaaaaattttteee crimps, so I'd be leaning more towards slopers and we're movements

I like to ART
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The hybrid battery on my prius was dying so I had to get a replacement. $3100.

It's a car that hasn't needed much maintenance over the 14 years i've had it, but when a part needs replaced it's a big hit. There goes all the stimulus money.

Watch someone steal the catalytic converter from it next week.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

It's a car that hasn't needed much maintenance over the 14 years i've had it, but when a part needs replaced it's a big hit. There goes all the stimulus money.

That's seems like a pretty reasonable cost on the single biggest most expensive component on a 14 year old vehicle.

Hell it would cost me half that to fix a broken head gasket on a regular car.

I like to ART
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

That's seems like a pretty reasonable cost on the single biggest most expensive component on a 14 year old vehicle.

Hell it would cost me half that to fix a broken head gasket on a regular car.

Yes it's entirely reasonable. It's just a lot of money as well.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    After hounding sites all fucking day I got a vax appointment for the 10th. Cried a little.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I wish my parents could get vaccinated, that would be cool

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    After hounding sites all fucking day I got a vax appointment for the 10th. Cried a little.

This made me just go check and realize I got bumped again

I mean it's nice that teachers will be able to get it starting in a week, granted

This discussion has been closed.