As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I kind of want to stick a disc copy in my (presently retired but still here) OG Xbox One and run the thing completely unpatched just to see how it is...

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I kind of want to stick a disc copy in my (presently retired but still here) OG Xbox One and run the thing completely unpatched just to see how it is...

Likely will not run without day one patch given *gestures at everything*

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This is why I don't pre-order anymore.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I realized today that the Cuphead devs have taken so long with their DLC that they missed the generation entirely. I wonder if they're doing a sequel/ upgrade route like Spider-Man Miles Morales or Hollow Knight Silksong.

I miss Studio MDHR and I wonder how they're going at the moment. I do worry a little about their progress on any of what they're doing because it's been years since I heard a peep, and it was only supposed to be 1 new character and 1 new area?

Probably just gonna end up doing a Shovel Knight and making the new characters into a whole new game

So... Studio MDHR hand-drew the graphics in their game. It takes a while to do that. While they have 3 animators and an assistant now (if their page is up to date), they're also still a small team. o_o

edit: not to mention the background work, etc.

edit2: also they've done a ton of cross marketing stuff?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Also, having experienced the joys of being involved with a project that went "gold," setting a date and then having something pop-up somewhere that scuttles the whole thing for a very long time, sometimes something pops up somewhere in some way that forces you to scuttle the launch and eat it. It's unfortunate, but it happens. :sad:

The t-shirts were probably distributed in some third-world country or something. heh.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man feeling pretty smart on picking up the new AC versus cyberpunk which got delayed again.

Isn't the whole concept of "going gold" kind of incompatible with delays?

Not sure what I'll get now. I'd pick up Valhalla but I still haven't started Odyssey yet...

It fucks your entire distribution chain.

I wonder how much of Gamestop's Q4 revenue is based on filling all the Cyberpunk pre-orders and how much they're sweating this latest delay. I also wonder if we'll see some gameplay of Cyberpunk on a XBONE/PS4 console pre-launch.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    My Gears Tactics install is updating, downloading 22gb now.

Now it can torment me for 2 weeks.

Hell, maybe Microsoft will release it early, for all the Cyberpunk fans currently fuming.

I’m not fuming, you’re fuming !

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    In a case of "Sad for the human species, but good for them or any other corporation," Microsoft is a money making machine. In this pandemic year, the Xbox division reported 30 percent profit growth, and the Surface division 37 percent profit growth. Closing physical store locations and ending Mixer didn't hurt.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    In a case of "Sad for the human species, but good for them or any other corporation," Microsoft is a money making machine. In this pandemic year, the Xbox division reported 30 percent profit growth, and the Surface division 37 percent profit growth. Closing physical store locations and ending Mixer didn't hurt.

So, this is very important to note because of the context you're putting the closure of the physical stores in: a fairly large portion of the people who worked the stores were transferred to remote customer support type jobs, as the MS stores primarily did just that. I don't feel like linking the blog posts to that effect again though.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also covid expedited the store closings, but it was on the docket anyway according to microsoft.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean, it probably sucked for the property owners they rented from and/or contracted cleaning services?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    There are screen shots of an internal Best Buy Canada email

They won’t have in store stock of the next gen consoles until further notice not sure if that’s going to end up as such in the US though

• Options
    There are screen shots of an internal Best Buy Canada email

They won’t have in store stock of the next gen consoles until further notice not sure if that’s going to end up as such in the US though

Probably. BBY at my location in the US has been super COVId strict. My guess is they don’t want any unnecessary store lines which is prudent.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be a way to force Xbox Live to download the Series X version of a game even if you're on a One. I just don't want to have to wait 30 years on my garbage internet connection before I can actually play the enhanced games.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    I wonder if there will be a way to force Xbox Live to download the Series X version of a game even if you're on a One. I just don't want to have to wait 30 years on my garbage internet connection before I can actually play the enhanced games.

Like how you could choose to download a One X enhanced version on a regular One ready for when you upgraded? That seems like a sensible option to offer.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

This is actually how I played my copy, and while it definitely runs like ass it's mostly playable and still is atmospheric as hell no matter how poor quality a picture it is
    Then again I spend my entire childhood playing PC games with barely mid-tier graphics cards until recently so I have an overall relatively high tolerance for bad framerate

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    So much for a "curated" approach. :biggrin:

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Shit, NMS continues to get more and more impressive in its ongoing support.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    with the unboxing videos dropping today i expect we'll be seeing plenty of more detailed impressions over the next couple of weeks. hopefully everything system wise is final, or as close to as possible.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Beated

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    nmaxoemy9s3a.png
    About as tall as a docked switch

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    nmaxoemy9s3a.png

Why the hell is that PS5 upside down.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It's a thick boy, look at that Game Brick

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    nmaxoemy9s3a.png

Why the hell is that PS5 upside down.

judging by how tightly its squeezed in there, i'm guessing that it doesn't fit with the stand fitted and putting it right way up would cause it to rock or lay at an angel.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    nmaxoemy9s3a.png

It vents all its hot air out of the top, right?

I don't think whoever that is is giving it enough space.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I don't think that's enough room for it to breathe, and that dock is going to eat all that heat too. But it probably wouldn't kill it.

edit: oh wait, that's a nintendo switch... still going to get heated.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    At that angle it'll suck air in from the left and expel it to right. Should cool the Switch nicely!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    really? I thought the heat came out the top.

edit: oh wow, that is the bottom indeed. just remembered that whole conversation about it being a "left" handed console and whatnot. shows how much I pay attention to the machine itself, lol.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I welcome our oversized brick and WiFi router shaped gaming overlords.

• Options
    cckerberos wrote: »
    nmaxoemy9s3a.png

It vents all its hot air out of the top, right?

I don't think whoever that is is giving it enough space.

They could remove the plastic shells and save a little space.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    My shelving unit is largely the same, but I think I will pull the TV forward some or slide it to the right a bit and let the X sit upright beside the TV rather than in the unit where it won't vent properly, unless I angle it oddly. Hm, could actually build a baffle or something that directs the flow of air out of the unit, dunno how attractive that would be though.

Nosf on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man playing alien isolation, the atmosphere and art is so cool but it’s such a shame they never did an x update. The games frame rate even on the one x is so bad

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Something to add to the "what the hell will Bethesda do with non-Microsoft consoles" pile: the head of the studio said it's "hard to imagine" Elder Scrolls 6 being exclusive to Xbox.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Yeah, it'll come to PC, Mobile, maybe a bastard version for Switch

The gangs all here!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Yeah pretty sure he's not the one making those calls. Nor will his bosses until the buyout is approved.

• Options
    Personally, I'm cautious and would never exclude the possibility of a Playstation 5 release. There's precedent, and a 202x release for Xbox Series, 202x+4 (or 5) release for Playstation 5 would be fitting in a way. If Sony makes it worth Microsoft's while.

Maybe. Or it won't come to Playstation 5 at all. Come the Playstation 6, it'll all be a nonissue anyway, packaged up in some Microsoft/Zenimax bundle to promote the (probably Xbox-exclusive) ESVII and Fallout: Oklahoma Wasteland or wherever they set it.

It won't come to the Switch. Nor will XCloud, so you'll have to wait until the nuSwitch, when ESVI is ported to the 2030 line of smart refrigerators and cars as well.