As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The Rock is an excellent metaphor for the technological progression behind the Xbox consoles, I'd say.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/xbox-series-x-games-1-v-100/

This is not a drill, 1vs100 may be returning!!

I hope so, it was fun !

I never won.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/xbox-series-x-games-1-v-100/

This is not a drill, 1vs100 may be returning!!

I hope so, it was fun !

I never won.

I think I won a copy of Uno. Which I already had.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The beta was okay. But I never bothered with the full game.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I didn't have internet in the earlier days of the xbox 360. I had to rely on getting system updates from renting new release games.

I'd love to try out 1 vs 100

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I am really irritated by way the new consoles have been released. I wish, rather than just letting whoever happens to be at the right website at the right day (or whoever has the best bots), they had offered the consoles to people who had accounts on their systems with over a certain threshold of playtime in the previous generation. It pisses me off that while I've been playing Xbox for 13 years, some scalper will be getting a new system to resell at a mark-up while I can't get one.

*bitching mode deactivate*

This is the conundrum though. Xbox wants to reward its loyal customers, but if it can convert a PS4 user through a day 1 XSX sale, that’s better for them long term.

Additionally, they’d much rather sell directly than leverage resellers like Target and GameStop, but they realize their need of those retailers for future sales especially during holidays. So then they are dependent on their distribution chains at launch, which is where scalping happens.

It’s a tough problem to solve. I do think all retailers could have used a lottery system only for existing customers, thus weeding out bots without accounts and also not forcing customers to queue at weird hours spamming refresh. But even then it’s not perfect, and you’d have a lot of people enter that lottery and be mini scalpers anyways.

No perfect way to do it, unfortunately. I kinda do wish they had a pre order queue, and you’d move up as people cancelled or scalpers dropped off. But this online FCFS way is still better than camping out at night for hours to find out your local store only got allocated 10 units and 5 of those were taken by employees and their friends.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Okay guys hot tip. If you have an amazon order and the status hasn't updated, go to the order and select to Change Shipping Speed. Just select the same option which is Two Day. Doing so sent me an email with this:

nfkaz3a17hc9.jpeg

Edit- just checked the page on my app, it updated there as well. I'm starting to get hyped.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    So, two questions:

1) There's no way to view the text chat on Twitch when streaming directly from the Xbox One app like there is for PS4, is there? I want to get back into streaming, but I want to see the chat, and so far Google seems to just give me answers about how to voice chat. I'm clearly missing something. Might end up going the Elgato way anyway, but I'd like to at least know if there's a secondary option.

2) Is there any way to reliably view your Xbox purchase history? I tried looking mine up to see what I had bought on 360 (it's for an article I'm doing -- I'm updating PoisonMushroom.Org again), but mine stopped back around 2014, save for a bunch of purchases of credits and such. It used to all be available, but is it not any longer?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Edit- just checked the page on my app, it updated there as well. I'm starting to get hyped.

This didn't work for me, but it does already say, "Arriving Tuesday, November 10, by 8 pm" so maybe I'm already set. I'd completely forgotten Amazon doesn't change until they actually ship. :lol:

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

This didn't work for me, but it does already say, "Arriving Tuesday, November 10, by 8 pm" so maybe I'm already set. I'd completely forgotten Amazon doesn't change until they actually ship. :lol:

I’m in the UK, but mine says the same.

I’m hoping for an early delivery, obviously.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    So, two questions:

1) There's no way to view the text chat on Twitch when streaming directly from the Xbox One app like there is for PS4, is there? I want to get back into streaming, but I want to see the chat, and so far Google seems to just give me answers about how to voice chat. I'm clearly missing something. Might end up going the Elgato way anyway, but I'd like to at least know if there's a secondary option.

2) Is there any way to reliably view your Xbox purchase history? I tried looking mine up to see what I had bought on 360 (it's for an article I'm doing -- I'm updating PoisonMushroom.Org again), but mine stopped back around 2014, save for a bunch of purchases of credits and such. It used to all be available, but is it not any longer?

Keep in mind that I have not touched this in years, but if I remember correctly the twitch streaming app on Xbox would allow you to shrink the game and have a sidebar where that chat showed up.

This is honestly why I never pursued streaming. Didn't like giving up screen space.

• Options

Yeah, I'm seeing reports not everyone who order day one is getting it day one. One guy who did the trick I described to see his deliver date got his as being shipped the 19th. So seems it'll come in waves.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm seeing reports not everyone who order day one is getting it day one. One guy who did the trick I described to see his deliver date got his as being shipped the 19th. So seems it'll come in waves.

Bah, didn't work for me either. It still just says they will email me when they have an estimated delivery date with nothing listed. Boooooooooo

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sequence 8 from AC3 can kiss my ass. Not on the left side. Not on the right side. But right in the middle.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sequence 8 from AC3 can kiss my ass. Not on the left side. Not on the right side. But right in the middle.

Rudy Garmisch, is that you?!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »

Bah, didn't work for me either. It still just says they will email me when they have an estimated delivery date with nothing listed. Boooooooooo

it's still a hot item, so people are probably doing that a lot. if you refresh your billing option that may also trigger an update for those pages. probably doesn't update that unless it gets shipped or some kind of billing action occurs.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Hey, Garnshit!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Hey, Garnshit!

Clearly only one way to settle this...Chinese Downhill!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Hey, Garnshit!

Clearly only one way to settle this...Chinese Downhill!

What the fuck is a Chinese Downhill?

• Options
    I feel... young. o_o

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, two questions:

Keep in mind that I have not touched this in years, but if I remember correctly the twitch streaming app on Xbox would allow you to shrink the game and have a sidebar where that chat showed up.

This is honestly why I never pursued streaming. Didn't like giving up screen space.

I think that was when you could have multiple windows open. They don't allow that anymore.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Huh, I just kinda expected that to always be around despite nobody talking about it anymore.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I’ll be honest I forgot that even came out

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Like, did anyone ever talk about it after launch? It only got eight reviews on Metacritic.

Though that might be a combination of the contracting resources for media sites preventing anything except big-name stuff from getting reviewed, and the general stereotype that smartphone games are filthy.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Mobile games get more than eight reviews on Metacritic? I thought that was reserved for world-changing phenomenon, or cross-platform entries like Fortnite.

• Options
    I feel... young. o_o

Hot dog!

Seriously, though, Sequence 8 is probably the most annoying series of missions. At least from the perspective of a player trying to get 100% sync. AC3 is just filled with annoyingly difficult optional objectives.

I'm trying to get to 90k gamerscore before starting up with X1 games. Currently need a little less than 800 and finishing SP achevements for AC3 should add ~400.

I've been remiss on my Xbox gaming because of my shitty internet speeds. XBL wants about 3mb/s and I was stuck at .75mb/s. But it was boosted to ~2mb/s a while ago so now it's fairly stable. For the unaware, I'm a bit obsessive about getting date stamps for achievements and you only get that being connected to XBL at the time of unlock.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Mobile games get more than eight reviews on Metacritic? I thought that was reserved for world-changing phenomenon, or cross-platform entries like Fortnite.

Pretty much. I thought the Gears pedigree would at least warrant a little coverage, but nope. Then again most game sites are barely able to review things at all as it is.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I feel... young. o_o

Hot dog!

Seriously, though, Sequence 8 is probably the most annoying series of missions. At least from the perspective of a player trying to get 100% sync. AC3 is just filled with annoyingly difficult optional objectives.

I'm trying to get to 90k gamerscore before starting up with X1 games. Currently need a little less than 800 and finishing SP achevements for AC3 should add ~400.

I've been remiss on my Xbox gaming because of my shitty internet speeds. XBL wants about 3mb/s and I was stuck at .75mb/s. But it was boosted to ~2mb/s a while ago so now it's fairly stable. For the unaware, I'm a bit obsessive about getting date stamps for achievements and you only get that being connected to XBL at the time of unlock.

Shit. That's rough. And here I was gnashing my teeth about how my mother has AT&T Fiber now and I'm "stuck" with Charter Spectrum's basic plan, where I "only" get 230 megabits/s down, albeit very reliably (and XBL downloads fluctuate between 100 to 200 pretty reliably). I can see why you'd be part of the audience insisting on an optical drive, among other things.

On an unrelated note, don't buy Doodle Gods (which was on sale last week, so you probably didn't). I can't recall the last time a game hard-restarted my console 3 out of 4 times, and the exception was just a crash to the UI.

I also don't know what Chinese Downhill is, but actually speaking Chinese might have something to do with that.

• Options
    I wouldn't say I insist on optical drives, but I am definitely in the camp of those who see no practical benefit from digital-only.

I advocate for DD accessibility (my 360 hates reading discs now and MS won't repair it, so digital is de rigeur until I set up my new-in-box 360 replacement eventually), but I understand the need for optical drives.

Google 'chinese downhill' and enjoy!

(Not the song.)

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I feel... young. o_o

Hot dog!

Shit. That's rough. And here I was gnashing my teeth about how my mother has AT&T Fiber now and I'm "stuck" with Charter Spectrum's basic plan, where I "only" get 230 megabits/s down, albeit very reliably (and XBL downloads fluctuate between 100 to 200 pretty reliably). I can see why you'd be part of the audience insisting on an optical drive, among other things.

On an unrelated note, don't buy Doodle Gods (which was on sale last week, so you probably didn't). I can't recall the last time a game hard-restarted my console 3 out of 4 times, and the exception was just a crash to the UI.

I also don't know what Chinese Downhill is, but actually speaking Chinese might have something to do with that.

I had to look it up, they were making an early 80s movie reference. hence my "I feel young."

Movie is called Hot Dog...The Movie.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Apple TV app coming to Xbox One and Series on launch. But what I really want is Apple Music.

Edit: a word

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    Just think... less than eight days and the death of the ideal of western democracy stand between us and the Xbox Series X.

u_u

• Options
    Just think... less than eight days and the death of the ideal of western democracy stand between us and the Xbox Series X.

u_u

There's been a lot going on this year and it's pretty shitty, but hey video games are a good distraction and that's certainly what I need right now

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    not sure when i'll be able to upgrade to the Series X but should have my new TV sorted soon. unfortunately the one i'd been looking at did not have an HDMI 2.1 port, that was a mistake by a retailer, but other than that it still does everything else i need of it.

• Options
    I'm a little relieved that I didn't bother with HDMI 2.1 when I got my Q70R. Everything seems to suggest that in a few years, all the relevant technology will be a lot better established, and a great deal cheaper, and I'm okay with "settling" for 2160p/60hz/HDR10 in the meantime.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    yeah, i hadn't even heard of HDMI 2.1 till i started looking at new TVs not long ago and i figured it was something i was best just ignoring for now. but that one store listing got me excited for a moment there. my own fault i suppose.

• Options
    One week from now, I’ll be setting my alarm for 7am and starting a long back step vigil for the person from Amazon.

I really, really hope I’m near the start of the list...

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm still anxious about my xbox preoder, still listed as pending, but I imagine they won't charge until they ship.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Still kicking myself for cancelling my Series X pre-order. But the S sounds like a decent enough upgrade until I can find an X, hopefully next spring'ish

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    One week from now, I’ll be setting my alarm for 7am and starting a long back step vigil for the person from Amazon.

I really, really hope I’m near the start of the list...

I live extremely close to an amazon warehouse, I used to get groceries from them and they'd almost always hit my house first. Still won't stop me from sitting right by the door with my doorbell's video feed pulled up all day.