As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Probably the most like reason is 'licensing'.

Can you elaborate? I haven't studied the game too closely, and as a result of Friday's mishap, haven't gotten past the title screen yet, so I'm not sure what the issue would be -- especially if it has its own category.

Incidentally, I did hear back from Twitch, with the following:
    We’ve put together a guide on troubleshooting your Xbox One integration here.

In this guide there are several sections about different bugs you can experience. There’s also a section about which information we need from you (see “Contacting Support”). We’ll investigate and let our developers know about reports that contain that information.

The app does NOT check your Twitch age settings. It only checks your Xbox age settings, so make sure you don’t have any child accounts logged in!

You can find out all the various privacy settings, account settings, and some steps to take to figure out what went wrong! Each step can be critical, so be sure to follow the steps exactly!

In addition, please fill this form out, so we can collect information for our engineering team to look at to fix issues.

If you are continuing to have issues, please reach out to Microsoft Support directly, as they would be able to provide the most insight into their product to provide you the assistance you need! support.xbox.com

We’re excited to have the Xbox One as a broadcasting platform, and are even more excited to improve it!

We hope to see your broadcast go live soon!

Twitch Support

Unfortunately, I've been working on a big project over the weekend, so I haven't had time to really sit down with it and see what if what they recommend works. Looking over it, though, I'm not sure any of these are particularly helpful.

I went ahead and responded and filled out their form, hopefully I'll hear something back.
    People are scalping the Microsoft headsets?

come on.

The $100 ones, or those fancy $500 or so ones? Please tell me it's the latter.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The $100 ones. None for sale at the normal price on Amazon. But $200 will get you one.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Can you elaborate? I haven't studied the game too closely, and as a result of Friday's mishap, haven't gotten past the title screen yet, so I'm not sure what the issue would be -- especially if it has its own category.

It does sound more like there is some technical issue.

But, what I was alluding to is the possibility that you couldn't stream because of some backend licensing deal that is specific to the Xbox and Twitch. Something that would just prevent the ability due to some in-game content that has a specific attachment to a rival streaming service but only as it pertains to the Xbox.

Real arcane legal bullshit that for most people is ridiculous to consider. Like I don't expect it to happen, but for example, MLB The Show being unable to stream from an Xbox because SONY being peevish about in-game logos or something.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Had every intention of starting and digging into AC: Valhalla this weekend. Then I heard Brian Altano mention a game called Undermine on the IGN Nintendo podcast. I saw it on Gamepass so I thought I’d give it a quick look. Well there goes the weekend. Not a great game, but hoo boy it’s got an addicting Roguelike grind loop. I did play an hour or two of AC, and it’s great, but It can wait another week while I grind out some Undermine.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

It does sound more like there is some technical issue.

But, what I was alluding to is the possibility that you couldn't stream because of some backend licensing deal that is specific to the Xbox and Twitch. Something that would just prevent the ability due to some in-game content that has a specific attachment to a rival streaming service but only as it pertains to the Xbox.

Real arcane legal bullshit that for most people is ridiculous to consider. Like I don't expect it to happen, but for example, MLB The Show being unable to stream from an Xbox because SONY being peevish about in-game logos or something.

Ah, I see.

If that were the case, it's curious that Xbox support wouldn't have a way of knowing.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Had every intention of starting and digging into AC: Valhalla this weekend. Then I heard Brian Altano mention a game called Undermine on the IGN Nintendo podcast. I saw it on Gamepass so I thought I’d give it a quick look. Well there goes the weekend. Not a great game, but hoo boy it’s got an addicting Roguelike grind loop. I did play an hour or two of AC, and it’s great, but It can wait another week while I grind out some Undermine.

Love Undermine.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

Physical copies will install a huge chunk of that from the two discs.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The $100 ones. None for sale at the normal price on Amazon. But $200 will get you one.

In the meantime...if you don't need the BT support, the LucidSound LS35X sounds better, probably has a better mic, and might even be more comfortable (that's a very relative thing), on top of being discounted to $126.

It isn't as user friendly if you regularly switch between devices though.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

I didn't even know it came on two discs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

Worth every GB!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Nosf wrote: »
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

Worth every GB!

Provided you can tolerate traveling from place to place. Even revving a horse up to full gallop Arthur still can only manage half the speed of smell.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

the install takes so long off of 2 discs and then needs gigs and gigs of patches. it's not worth it anymore

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

the install takes so long off of 2 discs and then needs gigs and gigs of patches. it's not worth it anymore

I just have it digitally, so again I wouldn't know beyond the massive file size.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

When I first got my physical copy of the game on launch day, the install from the two discs took about an hour, during which time it also downloaded the (at the time) not massive patch simultaneously. I appreciate that will be bigger now.

For someone who has problems with very slow Internet like @Santa Claustrophobia , it's worth noting as at least somewhat of an improvement.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    106GB for RDR2?

It'll keep...

Yup. As does Cyberpunk 2077, despite its much smaller install size (under 60GB). There's a handful of multi-disc games out there. With RDR2 it makes sense.

(I'm waiting to see if the Mass Effect remaster will be one as well. Given its PC install size is listed as 120GB on the specs, it's very possible.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

In the meantime...if you don't need the BT support, the LucidSound LS35X sounds better, probably has a better mic, and might even be more comfortable (that's a very relative thing), on top of being discounted to $126.

You bastard.

*buy now*

I hate you. :)

• Options
    Ah, I see.

If that were the case, it's curious that Xbox support wouldn't have a way of knowing.

If it were a back-end licensing issue, they probably wouldn't tell you if they knew. Unless there is an achievement associated with streaming on Twitch or whatever then they would chalk it up to 'the game works (sucks to be you)'.

• Options

You bastard.

*buy now*

I hate you. :)

You'll just have to settle for not getting the lovely hardshell case given free to early adopters. :biggrin:

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I just realized that Frank West looks a lot like Matt Gaetz and it ruined the character for me. T_T

edit: the later ones, early on he was kinda Dan Akroydish

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I just realized that Frank West looks a lot like Matt Gaetz and it ruined the character for me. T_T

edit: the later ones, early on he was kinda Dan Akroydish

Dan Akroyd via Splitting Image.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Finished off Outriders over the weekend since they're due to nerf the build I was using. Took me just under 30 hours to do all of the main and side missions (except one I guess, but it's not on the map so I don't know where it is.)

Despite playing on the highest tier at almost all times (I got up to 13 before finishing the game) I saw very few legendaries and the ones I did see were almost all rewards and not drops. Was that normal or did I just have incredibly bad luck?

Tried an expedition, got to the boss at the end, die to some bullshit and it turns out that when you restart, you restart from the beginning, so I'm kinda done there I think. According to achievemets, I killed 160 dudes in the single expedition which is.. insane given the achievement is for 1000 dudes in expeditions.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Finished off Outriders over the weekend since they're due to nerf the build I was using. Took me just under 30 hours to do all of the main and side missions (except one I guess, but it's not on the map so I don't know where it is.)

Despite playing on the highest tier at almost all times (I got up to 13 before finishing the game) I saw very few legendaries and the ones I did see were almost all rewards and not drops. Was that normal or did I just have incredibly bad luck?

Tried an expedition, got to the boss at the end, die to some bullshit and it turns out that when you restart, you restart from the beginning, so I'm kinda done there I think. According to achievemets, I killed 160 dudes in the single expedition which is.. insane given the achievement is for 1000 dudes in expeditions.

Your luck is on par with mine for outriders. Hell I did a bunch of expeditions, and I want to say I only got 4? By drop, and that felt lucky considering the % was 5 when I got the drops.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I’ve completed about 70 expeditions, most of them around tier 8-10 (expedition tier), I got like 7 legendaries. So it’s like ten expeditions for one legendary. I pretty much gave up. That and the broken multiplayer meant I’m done with it. Not really that salty, enjoyed my time with it, just not interested in playing hundreds of expeditions for legendaries

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I’ve completed about 70 expeditions, most of them around tier 8-10 (expedition tier), I got like 7 legendaries. So it’s like ten expeditions for one legendary. I pretty much gave up. That and the broken multiplayer meant I’m done with it. Not really that salty, enjoyed my time with it, just not interested in playing hundreds of expeditions for legendaries

Their drop rate honestly feels like a bug or miscalculation. Because there are so many armor pieces and full sets etc you literally will never complete based on randomly getting one legendary rarely.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Spotted in UK retailer GAME earlier today, used Xbox One prices.

Xbox One S (1TB) with Fallout 76 and Titanfall: £259.99
    Xbox One X (1TB) with Fallout 76 and Titanfall: £269.99

That's a hell of a pricing structure...

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    honestly given how persistent the next-generation shortages are at the moment I'd say any deal on a OneX might actually be a decent value proposition

• Options
    Yeah but there’s way more difference between the original s and x consoles than 10 pounds, so that seems nuts, unless they’re intentionally trying to move one x stock and make it seem like a great deal, since why would you by an s when for ten more pounds you get the way better x

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm assuming anyone buying a One S at this point truly has no idea what's going on, when any of the three other options would be better regardless of price

• Options
    For non pounds people what is the series s in the uk?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    For non pounds people what is the series s in the uk?

It's supposed to be £249.99, which just makes especially that One S price even more bonkers, but of course good luck finding one at that price. A cursory Googling did let me find a Series S in stock at one place that's charging £329, and Amazon resellers are presently starting at £311, so they're there if you're willing to pay scalpers or price-gougers.

Mind you, speaking of price-gouging, GAME were also charging £299 for a new Switch, and £279 for a used Switch. £279 is the MSRP for a new one. I was a bit unimpressed by that.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I was actually looking around for Xbox One X's the other day thinking it would be good for my kids. They like to play split-screen Minecraft and on a base Xbox One it can run real rough.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    My co worker was looking for a One x before I gifted mine to her, it seems weird they didn't shitcan the S and just stick with the X. Series S is still reasonably easy to get up here, the X I haven't seen much of in stock, although to be fair I haven't looked for them. I got all 10 of my gamepass 6 month codes finally. I had to call Best Buy and go through their business portal type deal, took a couple days and the codes rolled in so now we have 5 Series S with a year of gamepass each. Made all the accounts, which actually took a couple days because after doing 2 or 3 new accounts without issue, it started to want to text my cellphone and when it came time to do account 5, it said i'd hit some quota. So now we have somethingsomethingseriesS1 through somethingsomethingseriesS5 for them.

Gonna setup one this aft and test.

"TEST"

haha

CFO is curious, his daughter plays a lot of minecraft apparently. Think I will throw Gears 5 on one.

IT kinda fuckin' sucks at times when Exchange shits the bed or some crazy exploit comes out, but once in a while I get to do something pretty nice. I wish Microsoft had some form of business portal for these things, I wonder hospitals and such do it. The physical assets and the accounts would all be tied to the org, anyone else done this sorta thing?

Nosf on
  • Options
    I randomly bought a Series X a couple weeks ago with no issues from EB Games Canada. Just went to their website on a saturday and bought one, the whole thing took 30 seconds.

turns out I incredibly lucked out. This was the first time I ever even bothered looking for one.

Also the system seems pretty good so far!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, when I bought my Series X from Walmart, I was just lucky. I hit the site, add to cart and all the fields auto populated thanks to Edge and boom done. My co-worker's kid has been hunting high and low, still, apparently.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    trying to buy one right now through gamestop and it's still a refresh nightmare.

I swear Microsoft is playing with the strategy to make more S, hope people buy it because no one can get an X, then have a buttload of X's in a year so they double dip. I'm on to your lies, Microsoft.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I'll be one of those double dippers...except my S will go to my kid

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Haha, got one setup and downloaded Ori because... I'd never played it. Co-worker is watching me, hand them the controller, "Here test this thing, I gotta thing I gotta do."

HARD AT WORK TODAY!

edit: awww, didn't know EA pass is for ultimate only, oh well.

Nosf on
  • Options
    I randomly bought a Series X a couple weeks ago with no issues from EB Games Canada. Just went to their website on a saturday and bought one, the whole thing took 30 seconds.

turns out I incredibly lucked out. This was the first time I ever even bothered looking for one.

This is how most recent purchaser of a PS5 that I personally know got his console (forget which model, probably with a disc drive as those are more common?). He stated his intention on Facebook to start looking for a console the next day, then just checked Walmart, Target, and a couple other websites and lucked out.

Pre-ordering is overrated. :lol:

• Options

This is how most recent purchaser of a PS5 that I personally know got his console (forget which model, probably with a disc drive as those are more common?). He stated his intention on Facebook to start looking for a console the next day, then just checked Walmart, Target, and a couple other websites and lucked out.

Pre-ordering is overrated. :lol:

to be fair the only reason i also have a PS5 is because I did pre-order that bad boy heh

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png