As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

So the guitarist for Deviloof?

hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

(visual kei is so rad)

Isn't that just a photoshop of Debbie Harry?

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    i want this RIGHT MEOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6B98KAIyF8

please don't suck
    !

They need to include Payday 2's thing where you revive allies by swearing at them.
    So you can have ammo problems and use harsh language.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

(visual kei is so rad)

n...no

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Those were enormous boobs right there.

I try not to be all judgy and shit, but some developers really need to get out more.

I mean, I think this was made by titanic tit fans for titanic tit fans. I'm not exactly anti-big boobs myself but, well . . .

I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

With this included (muscled power fantasy for men, giant-tiddie eye candy for men) it just hit me as very obvious exactly who the target demographic for their game is. Like, obviously is.

My only other issue is at some point of boob size, my suspension of disbelief is going to be broken, and League of Maidens hits that barrier and then smashes through like the Kool-Aid Man. Which is probably the point? I mean I at least assume the creators know that's not how boobs work. I have the same issue with dudes so super-ripped that they look like a Rob Leifeld drawing come to life and soaked in a vat of protein powder and testosterone, so it's not like I'm one-sided on this.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I try not to be all judgy and shit, but some developers really need to get out more.

I mean, I think this was made by titanic tit fans for titanic tit fans. I'm not exactly anti-big boobs myself but, well . . .

I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

With this included (muscled power fantasy for men, giant-tiddie eye candy for men) it just hit me as very obvious exactly who the target demographic for their game is. Like, obviously is.

My only other issue is at some point of boob size, my suspension of disbelief is going to be broken, and League of Maidens hits that barrier and then smashes through like the Kool-Aid Man. Which is probably the point? I mean I at least assume the creators know that's not how boobs work. I have the same issue with dudes so super-ripped that they look like a Rob Leifeld drawing come to life and soaked in a vat of protein powder and testosterone, so it's not like I'm one-sided on this.

I definitely would not make that assumption. At all.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I'm trying to maintain some faith in humanity here, Pixie. :lol:

I should clarify, I suppose that I assume they know this isn't how boobs work, they just don't care.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

(visual kei is so rad)

n...no

quite the resemblance, then.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    i want this RIGHT MEOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6B98KAIyF8

please don't suck
    !

They need to include Payday 2's thing where you revive allies by swearing at them.
    So you can have ammo problems and use harsh language.

Day one purchase if I can revive someone by yelling "ASSHOLES AND ELBOWS" at them

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I can fly in Control now so my deaths to bottomless pits have increased substantially since the inputs for that are kinda clunky. Wonder if I can change it to be button tap instead of hold.

Combat style continues to be hurling things around haphazardly so nothing's changed much there. I met this giant monster inside a fridge's mind and instantly deleted its boss health bar with my new triple throw. Even flying units aren't safe. They can dodge the first throw but they don't see the second until they've exploded into mist.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I've played through games where large breasted women were clearly there for eye candy but the artist didn't draw them at the right height so they looked like collarbone growths and it just disturbed me the entire game. It struck me as an odd mix of horny and lazy. It's not like aren't mounds of research material on the internet to see where breasts grow out of.
    Heehee, mounds.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't think that game is going for realism. That's what 3d anime ladies look like so that's what their style for their game is. The unrealisticness of it is baked in, because it's an eye candy simulator for people who like 3d anime art styles.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

(visual kei is so rad)

n...no

quite the resemblance, then.

It's deathcore band Deviloof, who are 5 extremely fashionable dudes in that gothy style.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, Control is on the humble bundle.

Here's a question: I've heard people raving about it, but I still have no idea what the game is actually like. Can I get a quick summary of what the gameplay is like? And also, is this a horror game? Because I already sleep an average of five hours a night, I really don't need any further help with anxiety, so if it is I'm going to have to pass.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Drascin wrote: »

Here's a question: I've heard people raving about it, but I still have no idea what the game is actually like. Can I get a quick summary of what the gameplay is like? And also, is this a horror game? Because I already sleep an average of five hours a night, I really don't need any further help with anxiety, so if it is I'm going to have to pass.

Control is a 3rd person shooty mans, not cover shooter. Gameplay is okay.

It's not necessarily horror, but it is otherworldly/dreamlike with some light horror elements.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

It's not necessarily horror, but it is otherworldly/dreamlike with some light horror elements.

It's horror the same way X-Files was horror. Weird shit is going on, but it's in service of the plot; not just to be scary.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »

It's horror the same way X-Files was horror. Weird shit is going on, but it's in service of the plot; not just to be scary.

Yeah the games not chock full of jump scares or other kinds of cheap ass horror elements, but things happen on occasion that fall in the realm of I dunno cosmic horror maybe.

The altered items/items of power give it an eerie vibe.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I'm a scaredy cat with no tolerance for jump scares or suspense horror.

Control is not horror/scary at all. Weird/creepy maybe, but nothing that's going to stick with you even 5 minutes after you quit playing.

As for gameplay: mediocre, nothing to write home about. The shooting is bad, but telekinetically lobbing shit around is kind of fun.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Steam cards are mostly useless and there's not much reason not sell them. You can craft badgers out of them, which levels up your account and increases the max size of your friend list.
    Also Booster packs drop for free and the higher level you are the better your chances of getting one.

Also every game badge gives you an emote, a background, and a coupon. Or a holiday card if crafted during one of the big two sales.

• Options
    jclast wrote: »

The puppet shows were kind of horrifying though. Not the content, just that there were so many puppet shows.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options

I'm a scaredy cat with no tolerance for jump scares or suspense horror.

Control is not horror/scary at all. Weird/creepy maybe, but nothing that's going to stick with you even 5 minutes after you quit playing.

As for gameplay: mediocre, nothing to write home about. The shooting is bad, but telekinetically lobbing shit around is kind of fun.

Yeah, the gameplay is the vehicle on which the Experience® is provided.

And honestly it's a hell of a fucking experience, especially if it's Humble Bundled.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Steam cards are mostly useless and there's not much reason not sell them. You can craft badgers out of them, which levels up your account and increases the max size of your friend list.
    Also Booster packs drop for free and the higher level you are the better your chances of getting one.

Also every game badge gives you an emote, a background, and a coupon. Or a holiday card if crafted during one of the big two sales.

Booster packs only drop (at random) if someone has created a badge level for the game the pack drops for. Which means that the more popular the game you play is, the more likely you might get a booster.

The other way is by converting things into gems and then exchanging X amount of gems to a booster pack. (One per title per day.) But, as with everything else card related, the exchange rate for gems from items has gotten worse - basically once Valve realised they weren't making enough overall - which makes the use of gems the only way to obtain new cards without giving Valve more money, but still not efficient.

The greatest return value for gems is Dale/Gale cards and associated items. And isn't it odd that Valve has adjusted down the rate that sale cards could unlock? Just odd...

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Need Blaxsploitation Godhand spiritual successor.

Also, when does kingdom hearts arrive on steam?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Control also has an assist mode that basically lets you breeze by the combat so you can enjoy the good parts of the game. Highly recommended. Also, yeah, the main game isn't that scary other than some really good atmosphere. One of the DLC's is legit kinda scary, though, but it's cordoned off in it's own area and it's super obvious what it is, so you can totally ignore it and not have to worry about accidentally stumbling into it, if it's not your bag.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Need Blaxsploitation Godhand spiritual successor

The closest thing I can think of is Marlow Briggs.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    My response to Alien: Fireteam

Colonial Marines 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Fool me once, shame on you etc.

My interest and hype couldn't be flatter. Let me know once it comes out and is good, and not before.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    My response to Alien: Fireteam

Colonial Marines 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Fool me once, shame on you etc.

My interest and hype couldn't be flatter. Let me know once it comes out and is good, and not before.

Not having Gearbox siphon funding away for Borderlands 2 should help.

That said, the studio doing development has like no history and by its nature has bounced around with Disney buying Fox Entertainment.

I'm confident it'll be better than Colonial Marines but that really isn't saying much.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    The aliens also looked slow and bland. I didn't feel any fear. They just sort of milled about getting shot and burnt.

They showed a pounce but it was in slowmo, only I don't think it was actually slowmo.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    @Morkath monstering me out of nowhere with XCOM: Chimera Squad!
    lu3lrbd0ky7p.png

Too kind; thank you so much!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    With the Brier (Canadian men's curling championship) sweeping the nation on Friday, I declare a contest! The winner of the contest will be determined by your choices and the action on the ice. No curling knowledge is required or expected.

To enter, send me a PM with three different numbers between 1 and 18 inclusive, the color red or yellow, and pick one team from the list below as a tiebreaker. A valid entry would be "1,2,3, red, and 4".

The winner will receive Nioh 2, Valheim, or the game of your choice up to $70 CAD. The prize can also be used to takeout someone else's wishlist.
    Choose your fighter!

1 Alberta (Bottcher)
    2 British Columbia (Laycock)
    3 Canada (Gushue)
    4 Manitoba (Gunnlaugson)
    5 New Brunswick (Grattan)
    6 Newfoundland and Labrador (Smith)
    7 Northern Ontario (Jacobs)
    8 Northwest Territories (Skauge)
    9 Nova Scotia (Murphy)
    10 Nunavut (Mackey)
    11 Ontario (Epping)
    12 Prince Edward Island (MacKenzie)
    13 Quebec (Fournier)
    14 Saskatchewan (Dunstone)
    15 Wild Card 1 (McEwen)
    16 Wild Card 2 (Koe)
    17 Wild Card 3 (Howard)
    18 Yukon (Mikkelsen)

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

(visual kei is so rad)

DBD's newest killer is a KPop heartthrob.

As if the DBD playerbase didn't already have a weird rager for Myers as it was.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It's got a horror atmosphere, that's for sure, and I'm also someone who doesn't like horror. It's very low tone horror though, largely mitigated by the fact you can pick up a desk with your mind and smush the monsters. Or pick up one of their corpses and explode a different monster with it. Or if you're feeling cheeky use some bullets in various flavors like standard shooty shoot, lots of shooty shoot, energy beam shooty shoot, or explosive shooty shoot.

The majority of the horror is honestly just
    the floating employees all chanting in unison you find occasionally around the facility. But if you don't want to hear it you can just shoot them and they go poof.

• Options
    I think Control is 100% worth playing through tho.

The building architecture and level design is incredible.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @CorriganX is quite rude, figures he doesn't like my suggestions.

ttqn1jrc9rrf.png

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    With the Brier (Canadian men's curling championship) sweeping the nation on Friday,

Now I'm compelled to enter

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I just thought everyone here should know that I have thus far earned a total of $0.50 in Steam Store Credit selling random pixels I got from playing games I was playing anyway to random strangers who apparently care about that sort of thing, which of course Valve has profited like $0.20 off of.

This cyberpunk future continues to be really really stupid with a copious lack of cool implants and slick shades.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have bought more than one game on steam off card proceeds. then they added the mobile thing and it was more trouble than it was worth

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021

There are levels on which I find Control actively *soothing*. I do find the enemies kind of annoying, but that's not "jump scare" so much as "ah fuck's sake, I wanted to enjoy the atmosphere of this beautiful room and now annoying mans are in my way." But you can use the accessibility tweaks to make yourself functionally immortal so if you're me and just "Excuse me, I am just trying to Vibe with this beautiful and eerie concrete brutalism that reminds me of my childhood in the Washington DC Metro Area" you can do that and then just chuck an exploding forklift at the offending enemies.

The overall vibe of the game is less horror and more eerie surrealism. In fact, one of the core themes of the game is that the protagonist actually finds herself more comfortable in this Alice-In-Wonderland Bizarro World than she does in the real world, and the gameplay and themes overall reflect that, in that she wants to protect it and make it a gentler place than it currently is.

*edit* As in while I am SO grateful for the accessibility options (I originally played before they were implemented and ended up using a cheat engine to put in equivalents!) I would have even more appreciated a New Game + mode where I could just *turn off all enemy spawns* and then just vibe through the emptiness, but I'm weird that way.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I just thought everyone here should know that I have thus far earned a total of $0.50 in Steam Store Credit selling random pixels I got from playing games I was playing anyway to random strangers who apparently care about that sort of thing, which of course Valve has profited like $0.20 off of.

This cyberpunk future continues to be really really stupid with a copious lack of cool implants and slick shades.

May I introduce you to Cryptocurrency?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Fuck Crosscode's puzzles. Forever. I can't enjoy it without a Youtube video of the ice mine in my face.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Controls map and story are some level of bad and worse than bad into boring and frustrating.

Gunplay is meh. Power use is OK. The Level design is mostly good, but it dips into stupid when they have red enemies in red levels with red light all over and other things like that on occasion.

It's worth a humble bundle or a sale.

This discussion has been closed.