As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So, question - I used to love sims 3 back in the day, I have all the expansions and played it a ton. I never really got into Sims 4 at all though much because I had other things going on when it was released.

I feel like messing with a sims game, is there any particular reason to pick up 4 and a couple of expansions or should I just reinstall 3 and maybe some mods?

Sims 4 is generally a matter of fewer things but more depth to them. The sims themselves have a lot more going on in terms of expression and how they feel than in past games. The DLC about adventuring in a foreign place only has one location but Jungle Adventures doesn't drag on like the way World Adventures did and what you can steal from the locals has more variety. Vampires and spellcasters are in their own smaller form DLC compared to being parts of a larger DLC in 3 but both are much more detailed especially vampires. The latter now grows in level with power usage and feeding and you choose new powers and weaknesses to gain with level.

The loss of the open world is one of the biggest changes but that thing was a performance and memory hog. Sims 3 neighborhoods are semi-open in that each lot lets you wander and explore around the area but can't walk from one end of a world to another. But one of the biggest changes related to that that I like is that the worlds are no longer totally split off. You'll see people from the settings added in expansions and game packs wander into the base game areas and vice versa. This has effects like being able to move from one world to another. The inability to do that in 3 led to things like the expansion that added a downtown area with apartments doing nothing if you didn't specifically start a game there which in turn would cut you off from the expansion area that had all the magic stuff.

There are features from 3 that I miss but I highly doubt I could go back if for no other reason than games now load in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah. I.. actually installed sims 3 and its a bit hard to go back to. Its all a bit of a clusterfuck that I enjoyed at the time because I didn't have options for that type of game, but there's a lot of things that just don't hold up or are literally insane. Like that it literally recommends only loading two expansions at a time in the laucher because too many at a time will essentially make the game take 10 minutes to load and explode regularly. And this is not an insincere warning, even moved over to my ssd it takes forever. Or the crazy crap that happens to non-player sims, and that that can get fixed with mods but that adds even more overhead and instablity, which needs more mods to counteract, and etc.

It turns out that I had picked up Sims 4 some time in the past on some sale or free giveaway so I played around with the base game and outdoor adventures a bit. It does have some issues, but I picked up a couple of mods that seem to make the immediate issues I had better. Namely the MC controller mod that has some lite story progression elements ( Sims get pregs, move in when the population is low, elderly sims that aren't related to a player family get packed off to the old folks home at a certain age, etc), and the Meaningful Stories mod that seems to make some really good changes to the way emotions work. I'll see how that goes. I really want to wait for a sale to get some packs for it, but I may give in and get a Seasons + Parenthood + random stuff pack bundle, because those seem to be pretty core additions.

I thought the open world would be a hard thing to give up but I haven't missed it at all really.

As neat as the open world in 3 was at the time, there really wasn't a lot to see in most of that space. Focusing just on buildings and a good amount of area around them ends up capturing a lot of good parts of 3's world.

As far as mods go, you have the two really major ones IMO. There are two others that also add a lot to the people in general (Have Some Personality Please and Slice of Life) but currently have some bugs that need fixing.

Sales for DLC happen fairly often. The build-a-bundle offering is a decent one though. Seasons and Parenthood add the most general additions to the game (though admittedly I haven't played families since The Sims 2 so I don't get as much out of Parenthood). Seasons actually has some interactions with other DLC such as vampires being able to go outside on cloudy days. Everything else is either pretty focused on some aspect of the game you may or may not engage in. The various stuff and game packs can be a bit hit or miss (though game packs the past few years have generally been pretty solid) but the expansions are all pretty well done minus Get To Work which was the first expansion that's been superseded by others since. After over a decade of asking to be able to follow sims to work, it turned out that having to do required tasks repeatedly for work wasn't that much more fun in a game than in real life. Other content since then has had better interpretations of hands on jobs.

MCCC is really amazing. I think I have it doing what I want it to do pretty much now. Some single moms but not exceedingly so , some gay marriage, some adoption... Its a lot to take in though, but it makes things feel a lot more alive than just having the whole world age out without doing anything.

One massively important thing I figured out was to set it to 100% import bin sims and then went and downloaded a bunch of decent looking sims from the gallery... Otherwise you get some real weird sims pop up from the random generator.

Edit: I may set it back to requiring marriage for pregancy and adoption though... I seem to be finding a hard time striking a balance between no one being a single mom and everyone being single moms. You can set a chance for “shotgun weddings” but if that goes too high that messes up my ratios for gay marriage and adoption.

Like what I really want is:

Most but not all pregnancies are between married sims

Most but not all young adults are single and childless

Most but not all adults are married with children, with a mix of straight and gay couples.

And that seems really hard to find a balance for, but if I sacrifice the first I could probably work out the other 2.

There was a patch that was supposed to curtail some of the really weird outfits randomly generated townies chose but I'm not sure about how extensive that was. I had already been using the MCCC Dresser ability that restricted outfit generation to an imported list of outfits. Some custom content makers have created lists you can download and feed into that module though it's admittedly not the most straightforward process.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Frozen Wilds is also a lot more difficult than the main game.

It also has some of the best armor, both in terms of aesthetic and usefulness.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Do triple nock sonic arrows no longer completely cripple things in a single blow?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So, question - I used to love sims 3 back in the day, I have all the expansions and played it a ton. I never really got into Sims 4 at all though much because I had other things going on when it was released.

I feel like messing with a sims game, is there any particular reason to pick up 4 and a couple of expansions or should I just reinstall 3 and maybe some mods?

Sims 4 is generally a matter of fewer things but more depth to them. The sims themselves have a lot more going on in terms of expression and how they feel than in past games. The DLC about adventuring in a foreign place only has one location but Jungle Adventures doesn't drag on like the way World Adventures did and what you can steal from the locals has more variety. Vampires and spellcasters are in their own smaller form DLC compared to being parts of a larger DLC in 3 but both are much more detailed especially vampires. The latter now grows in level with power usage and feeding and you choose new powers and weaknesses to gain with level.

The loss of the open world is one of the biggest changes but that thing was a performance and memory hog. Sims 3 neighborhoods are semi-open in that each lot lets you wander and explore around the area but can't walk from one end of a world to another. But one of the biggest changes related to that that I like is that the worlds are no longer totally split off. You'll see people from the settings added in expansions and game packs wander into the base game areas and vice versa. This has effects like being able to move from one world to another. The inability to do that in 3 led to things like the expansion that added a downtown area with apartments doing nothing if you didn't specifically start a game there which in turn would cut you off from the expansion area that had all the magic stuff.

There are features from 3 that I miss but I highly doubt I could go back if for no other reason than games now load in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah. I.. actually installed sims 3 and its a bit hard to go back to. Its all a bit of a clusterfuck that I enjoyed at the time because I didn't have options for that type of game, but there's a lot of things that just don't hold up or are literally insane. Like that it literally recommends only loading two expansions at a time in the laucher because too many at a time will essentially make the game take 10 minutes to load and explode regularly. And this is not an insincere warning, even moved over to my ssd it takes forever. Or the crazy crap that happens to non-player sims, and that that can get fixed with mods but that adds even more overhead and instablity, which needs more mods to counteract, and etc.

It turns out that I had picked up Sims 4 some time in the past on some sale or free giveaway so I played around with the base game and outdoor adventures a bit. It does have some issues, but I picked up a couple of mods that seem to make the immediate issues I had better. Namely the MC controller mod that has some lite story progression elements ( Sims get pregs, move in when the population is low, elderly sims that aren't related to a player family get packed off to the old folks home at a certain age, etc), and the Meaningful Stories mod that seems to make some really good changes to the way emotions work. I'll see how that goes. I really want to wait for a sale to get some packs for it, but I may give in and get a Seasons + Parenthood + random stuff pack bundle, because those seem to be pretty core additions.

I thought the open world would be a hard thing to give up but I haven't missed it at all really.

As neat as the open world in 3 was at the time, there really wasn't a lot to see in most of that space. Focusing just on buildings and a good amount of area around them ends up capturing a lot of good parts of 3's world.

As far as mods go, you have the two really major ones IMO. There are two others that also add a lot to the people in general (Have Some Personality Please and Slice of Life) but currently have some bugs that need fixing.

Sales for DLC happen fairly often. The build-a-bundle offering is a decent one though. Seasons and Parenthood add the most general additions to the game (though admittedly I haven't played families since The Sims 2 so I don't get as much out of Parenthood). Seasons actually has some interactions with other DLC such as vampires being able to go outside on cloudy days. Everything else is either pretty focused on some aspect of the game you may or may not engage in. The various stuff and game packs can be a bit hit or miss (though game packs the past few years have generally been pretty solid) but the expansions are all pretty well done minus Get To Work which was the first expansion that's been superseded by others since. After over a decade of asking to be able to follow sims to work, it turned out that having to do required tasks repeatedly for work wasn't that much more fun in a game than in real life. Other content since then has had better interpretations of hands on jobs.

MCCC is really amazing. I think I have it doing what I want it to do pretty much now. Some single moms but not exceedingly so , some gay marriage, some adoption... Its a lot to take in though, but it makes things feel a lot more alive than just having the whole world age out without doing anything.

One massively important thing I figured out was to set it to 100% import bin sims and then went and downloaded a bunch of decent looking sims from the gallery... Otherwise you get some real weird sims pop up from the random generator.

Edit: I may set it back to requiring marriage for pregancy and adoption though... I seem to be finding a hard time striking a balance between no one being a single mom and everyone being single moms. You can set a chance for “shotgun weddings” but if that goes too high that messes up my ratios for gay marriage and adoption.

Like what I really want is:

Most but not all pregnancies are between married sims

Most but not all young adults are single and childless

Most but not all adults are married with children, with a mix of straight and gay couples.

And that seems really hard to find a balance for, but if I sacrifice the first I could probably work out the other 2.

There was a patch that was supposed to curtail some of the really weird outfits randomly generated townies chose but I'm not sure about how extensive that was. I had already been using the MCCC Dresser ability that restricted outfit generation to an imported list of outfits. Some custom content makers have created lists you can download and feed into that module though it's admittedly not the most straightforward process.

I feel like there are enough good sims out there that just using premades might be the solution. Maxis has a ton just on their account alone.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Just got into Children of Morta, I am enjoying it.

I started Children of Morta last week, too, and I don't know if I'm going to go back for a second session. The last run (on Easy) took an hour, then I died at a boss and had enough gold for two incremental upgrades adding like 1.2% to crit chance or whatever. I could be doing 40 minute Hades runs instead, and come away with more substantial-feeling upgrades at the end of them.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I've been exploiting save-scums for some of the more "I know I should have won that so I will" dice rolls in Disco Elysium?
    Yes you're doing it wrong.

Theres always the critical success/failure where no matter what your skill you always have the chance to succeed or fail. White checks can be retried by raising the relevant skill and red checks should not be ventured into lightly.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Do triple nock sonic arrows no longer completely cripple things in a single blow?

Not until you get the upgraded DLC weapons.

It's basically its own progression. Even going in with the best endgame base game stuff will be a challenge, them robits is tough.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Is it wrong that I've been exploiting save-scums for some of the more "I know I should have won that so I will" dice rolls in Disco Elysium?
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I don't know if this will make you feel better, but Disco Elysium is one of those sorts of games where sometimes the success rolls are actually worse than the failures.
    Viking wrote: »
    there are also a couple of fake rolls that can not be won.
    imo its a better game if you just roll with the punches, it can take you to some very interesting places.

The fact that these posts in quick succession annoyed the hell out of me tells me that my choice (with input from Karoz) to never get this game is the right one.

It's like a worse chose-your-own-adventure-book, and those were already pretty crap. In my opinion, of course, which is acknowledged here as an opinion of one until proven otherwise.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

Genesis Alpha One is textbook "an inch deep and a mile wide" game design. Lots of really really interesting gameplay ideas that I haven't seen in other games of its type, but it doesn't really do as much as it could with them. Absolutely worth one or two playthroughs but not much incentive to play more than that.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie has issued me a space summons!
    434lbekb6lqp.png

See you in (space) court. Thank you!

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I don't know if this will make you feel better, but Disco Elysium is one of those sorts of games where sometimes the success rolls are actually worse than the failures.
    imo its a better game if you just roll with the punches, it can take you to some very interesting places.

The fact that these posts in quick succession annoyed the hell out of me tells me that my choice (with input from Karoz) to never get this game is the right one.

It's like a worse chose-your-own-adventure-book, and those were already pretty crap. In my opinion, of course, which is acknowledged here as an opinion of one until proven otherwise.

The sign for me was everyone talking about how funny it was to get a death game over for trying to get your tie down from a ceiling fan, or whatever it is.

It sounds like bad sierra adventure game stuff.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    (with input from Karoz)

Well I mean that was your first mistake.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Orivon took this out of context, the context is it's still @Malakaius' fault.

Thank you, I shall recreate fights of days yore!

xak8cu3gvnvl.png

• Options
    Some stuff going down in the chat. I'm just minding my own business playing an anime rpg maker game.

6gHKRa7.jpg

My best guess is Fen O-Topia.

Thanks, @Orivon

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I know i keep asking for games on planets of all women, but I suddenly realized that before tech caught up, couple games could have on planets of all dudes.

Anyway, here's another card game, diablo inspired this time.

https://youtu.be/CzVrViSsKbA

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I may be responsible for @Orivon knowing that @cardboard delusions said they were a fool, but does it really warrant this kind of reponse? nyppid2u6nuh.jpg
    Thank you for the RE3 unlocks ♥

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    edited January 2021

The sign for me was everyone talking about how funny it was to get a death game over for trying to get your tie down from a ceiling fan, or whatever it is.

It sounds like bad sierra adventure game stuff.

It's more no understanding the game system early on stuff. Also a maybe don't try to feats of agility right off the bat when you're still feeling the effects of a hangover from being blackout drunk thing unless you're actually agility focused.

Mind you that you do start with healing items in your inventory so anyone that died from that either didn't bother healing themselves when prompted to or failed the hand/eye coordination check, healed themselves, and immediately tried again. It's something that I understand could happen from a game mechanics perspective but have trouble picturing from a human playing the thing perspective.

Also, you end up with a lot of healing items pretty quickly on normal difficulty and can pop them with no cooldown. I had no points spent in the abilities that function as hitpoints and there were only a handful of situations where that ever come up by which I mean I face tanked the failures by chugging painkillers without ever worrying I might run out.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

I did notice that a couple of times so far...

The detective is named
    Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
    and no amount of hard evidence to the contrary can convince me otherwise.

But getting back to the question, a hidden goal of Disco Elysium is to get you to think outside its game systems and focus on the text of it. While it's often beneficial, passing a speech or skill check isn't inherently a good idea. Case in point, one of the first problems you wake up to is the hotel bill you racked up during your bender, and a skill check lets you attempt to slip away. There's just one flaw in this plan: you're in conversation with the manager, who is staring right at you. Slipping away unnoticed is actually, physically impossible, and attempting to do so is unwise. It's not really a skill check so much as a test to see how much the player is paying attention.

Here's what actually happens if you try:
    - If you 'succeed', you simply run away from the conversation and the guy yells after you. He thinks you're a deadbeat and your partner thinks you're just an idiot.
    - If you fail, you attempt to run away and flip off the manager, crashing into another guest in the process. Thankfully they're unharmed, and amazingly he treats this as an accident, giving you the chance to haggle the bill down somewhat.

By contrast, a more sensible feat of agility involves hopping a wall to get into the docks. If you succeed, you safely jump down, and if you fail, you stumble and chicken out before you reach the wall. And of course, it's safer to try and reconstruct a crime scene visually than it is to try and punch out a musclebound door guard. The game is actually designed not to dead-end you through failure, you just might need multiple tries to do the thing you want to do, or look for another way to do it. It's not perfect at it, but it's more forgiving than it's given credit for.

It's worth trying to play legit at least for a while, though I don't begrudge someone reloading who gets shafted by the dice or is just curious about what might happen. That said, I would recommend starting with at least 2 in physical and psyche for your first playthrough, since those two stats govern your health and willpower. The tie failure, for instance, actually refunds the hit to your health since it's still a tutorial section, but you need more than one HP to survive it in the first place.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah Disco is just about going a long for the ride, but it is hard to get into that mentality.

After all for the vast majority of our lives, having to pass the skill check is an absolute.

It's so worth it though, just bumbling around from one crazy even to the next.

I like to get in character and partake in the drinking.

Dixon on
  • Options
    Also I just don't want to play a game as a cop.

Even if you can technically become a communist later on.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

Literally. You can either be a good cop who tries to help people, an awful human being, or... some combination of the two?

I will say it's done some of the best recreations of CSI work I've seen yet, and i'm kind of sad that it hasn't been a very big part of the game so far(I went the Int build).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Literally. You can either be a good cop who tries to help people, an awful human being, or... some combination of the two?

I will say it's done some of the best recreations of CSI work I've seen yet, and i'm kind of sad that it hasn't been a very big part of the game so far(I went the Int build).

The game lets you play as a hard drinking cowboy cop but also specifically shows why that's not good for anyone, yourself included. It was a welcome change of pace from the usual video game depiction.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Incidentally, I'm taking a course in CSI work, and... yeah, it's neither pretty nor glamorous, but that element of Disco Elysium has been pretty spot-on so far.
    (Except for the fact that the CSI people and the actual police are typically very separate, which is part of the reason that it's my field of interest. All the investigative work, none of the drama.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Sorry, it's probably Feen O'Topia, since the intro talks about phoenixes.

• Options
    Up for grabs

Genesis Alpha One

Loading...?

• Options
    Max Max

Loading...?

• Options
    Generation Zero

Loading...?

• Options
    Dixon wrote: »
    Max Max

Loading...?

Thanks! (I'm glad my blind guess about that being a typo was right, lol, though I'd try Max Max too.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds complete.

Feelings were had. I liked this far more than Return of the Obra Dinn, and I love me some Obra Dinn.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Outer Wilds complete.

Feelings were had. I liked this far more than Return of the Obra Dinn, and I love me some Obra Dinn.

Is it the same dev?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds complete.

Is it the same dev?
    Nah, but somewhat similar design elements.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Up for grabs

Genesis Alpha One

Loading...?

Thank you. Snagged this one since I was going to buy the bundle for it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Outer Wilds complete.

Is it the same dev?

No, but it has the same Detective Game I Will Only Be Able to Play Once in My Life vibe.

The entire game is a 22-minute Majora's Mask style Groundhog Day loop with no combat. You travel around in a tiny spaceship, leave your tiny planet, and explore your tiny galaxy for clues left behind by a race of precursors to find out why A Terrible Fate is happening. (A Terrible Fate is also an Achievement and shout out to MM.)

Like Myst, once you know the "solution", the game can be beat immediately (well, that was always the case due to the time limit.)
    https://youtu.be/d6LGnVCL1_A

The ending permanently alters a player's perception of the music.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, I want to like Battletech, I love MechWarrior, this game seems like it's probably incredible for just the right person. But I've failed the very first mission 3 times now because the AI zeroes in on my weakest guy, and no amount of running him away into the trees and hunkering down will save him.

On top of this, I can't save at any point during all this bullshit? After each small victory I achieve I can't save the game so that I don't have to go through 30 slow animations again? While I'm on a mission with like 4 fights in it (I assume it's 4, was kinda hoping I was done at 3 and then the game's like, "Nope, also you still can't save, fuck you")

Like, I can understand if I'm running out into the open, or not getting the heat system, or not keeping my mech moving, or jumping into what I can only assume is a multitude of build options after this mission and not having a head for it. But holy goddamn, this game is just like, "Hey I'm gonna waste your time hope that's okay."

Nah, not really.

Like, is the rest of the game like this? Do the missions just endlessly lock you out of the save function for 30-45 minutes of gameplay and if you slip up anywhere or roll poorly, that's 30-45 minutes down the shitter?

As a huuuuuge fan of their Shadowrun games I can't help but feel super disappointed with this.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    You can save during missions in Battletech, though I've never tried to save during the first two missions. Also now that you've mentioned the game, iolo will soon magically appear. Probably.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    You can save during missions in Battletech, though I've never tried to save during the first two missions. Also now that you've mentioned the game, iolo will soon magically appear. Probably.

Maybe it's something with the first one, then? That's good to hear though, maybe if I can break through this wall.

When I open the menu "Save Game" is greyed out, and when I mouse over it, the tooltip tells me that it's not available during combat nor events.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Thawmus wrote: »

Maybe it's something with the first one, then? That's good to hear though, maybe if I can break through this wall.

When I open the menu "Save Game" is greyed out, and when I mouse over it, the tooltip tells me that it's not available during combat nor events.

You are trying to save during your own turn, right? IIRC you can't save during your opponent's turn or halfway through your own turn, only at the start of your turn. Also some mods disable saves during missions, but you probably don't have any installed if you are just starting the game.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

You are trying to save during your own turn, right? IIRC you can't save during your opponent's turn or halfway through your own turn, only at the start of your turn. Also some mods disable saves during missions, but you probably don't have any installed if you are just starting the game.

Yeah, it was after the first fight, just before you run into the first set of vehicles and they let you free roam, but it was still counting out combat turns even though I wasn't in combat anymore.

I dunno, but I just cleared the mission so hopefully I can enjoy the rest of the game.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I really appreciated the "I'm flattered, but . . ." nature of Aloy's responses to basically everyone who seemed to express interest in her. Both because it's more than likely how I'd handle it, as well as the fact that it tipped me off to the folks who were starting to possibly see her as more than a potential friend.

I'm . . . very bad at picking up on other people's interest in me, even in video games. And usually uncomfortable with it, so I can really identify more with a character who just says "nope" even in a polite fashion.

It's notable that a person this doesn't happen with?
    Ikrie.

Make it happen Guerrilla, you cowards. So what if Aloy is going to the Forbidden West? She's a snow-ghost with no connections now she can go with Aloy if she wants to.

Did Ikrie actually express feelings for you? I never finished the final challenge at that hunting ground because I didn't have to and they weren't fun.

Not as blatantly as many other npcs are thirsty for Aloy, no.

It's a combination of several things. Aloy helping her through a difficult situation relationship-wise, her challenge being a cooperative one instead of competitive because she's used to working with a partner, and once you complete the challenge she expresses a desire to not say farewell to Aloy because she's already had enough of that lately.

Also they are goddamn perfect for one another it's obvious. In this essay, I will

Aistan on
This discussion has been closed.