Options

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Also oh man I'm so glad I finished Nier Automata this week, this raid preview means way more than it would have.

Yeah, I had to rewind, because oh shit.
    The Tower and The Red Girl, eh? Hooooo boy.

Also, friggin' Nier 1 bosses. Hansel and Gretel, and I think that was the Knave of Hearts, too.

They're probably just replicas from data, like the Library, but still!

I really wish we could get Nier glamour weapons from that storyline. I'd love to have a replica of Grimoire Weiss for Scholar.

Enlong on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT CRISES AVERTED RE: SHADOWBRINGERS
    Jesus I thought Thancred was fucking dead. It would've been so appropriate but god fucking damn it.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Jesus I thought Thancred was fucking dead. It would've been so appropriate but god fucking damn it.
    The bit where he basically stops his own heart to stealth up to Ran'jit was pretty damn cool, I thought.

And yeah, it would've been appropriate given his behavior up to now, but him surviving and accepting what goes on also works.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    The bit where he basically stops his own heart to stealth up to Ran'jit was pretty damn cool, I thought.

And yeah, it would've been appropriate given his behavior up to now, but him surviving and accepting what goes on also works.
    I was complaining like a page ago about how nobody has been dying for a while and it feels like there's no stakes to any of this. That would've been so fitting and in a way I think him being lolokayjustkidding cheapens the moment in a way.

Then again I would've been blubbering like a baby because then he would've died after spending his last years in complete goddamn despair and self-contempt and shit, which are moods I'm too familiar with.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I was complaining like a page ago about how nobody has been dying for a while and it feels like there's no stakes to any of this. That would've been so fitting and in a way I think him being lolokayjustkidding cheapens the moment in a way.

Then again I would've been blubbering like a baby because then he would've died after spending his last years in complete goddamn despair and self-contempt and shit, which are moods I'm too familiar with.
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop all the time now with fake outs. It's very ripe for something to seem like "Oh I'm suuuure they're dead this time" reaction to get twisted into an "ohhh fuck they're actually dead?"

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Flying T.Rex: get! Grinding Aurum Vale with BLUs is super easy, but mindless. Aurum Vale went from "that one dungeon you hate to enter" to "that simple gimmick grind you are already bored of"

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I've really been enjoying this person's playthrough of 5.0, but I mainly wanted to share this specific part because of the first 45 seconds

https://youtu.be/M-jiqn0KSXU

• Options
    I thought I was going crazy when I had Urianger in my party.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    there is an immortal raptor in eastern la noscea on the excalibur server. cults are forming

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Fuck, okay so... damn it.

I just did the level 77 dungeon and hit level 79 for completing it. I'm definitely going to hit 80 before I finish 5.0. My FC is insisting I should swap to another class so I don't lose the XP that will remain in the MSQ, but that will mean going to a brand new class from scratch. Red Mage I didn't mind swapping to because it was going to be my intended main. I know the 5.1 and onward stuff doesn't award XP so like, how much XP would I actually miss out on from level 79 content really?

Edit - Like I wanna be done with the MSQ, or caught up. Especially since the next patch is a couple of weeks away.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Not enough that you have to care. You'll get way more over time from your daily roulettes, and completing Wondrous Tales for a given week is a guaranteed half a level no matter what your current level is.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ignore your FC it doesn't matter that much, it's not that much experience lost and as I recall there's a bit of a level gap right at the end I needed to grind dungeons on for a day or two when I was spreading out MSQ experience between a few things so I was not more than a level or two above the quest requirements.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    If you had a class that was level 76 or something that'd be one thing, but if your next lowest is in the 40s or 50s I wouldn't think of it as being worth the effort, especially since people can be a little loose about recent spoilers when a new patch drops.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    If you had a class that was level 76 or something that'd be one thing, but if your next lowest is in the 40s or 50s I wouldn't think of it as being worth the effort, especially since people can be a little loose about recent spoilers when a new patch drops.
    Right on cue by the way my fucking Twitter timeline is FULL of shit from the 5.5 trailer. Multiple tweets and retweets and I'm kinda mad.

• Options
    Ugh. Yeah just try to... not see it I guess and finish the MSQ on your high level job.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ugh. Yeah just try to... not see it I guess and finish the MSQ on your high level job.
    Decided I'm not gonna stream tonight, just gonna blitz the MSQ as hard as I can now.

• Options
    LMFAO I'm sorry but this is inexcusably funny. Shadowbringers:
    SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Oh my god that took me out of the moment of the plot, hahahahaha

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    LMFAO I'm sorry but this is inexcusably funny. Shadowbringers:
    SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Oh my god that took me out of the moment of the plot, hahahahaha

that was a plot point I saw coming the moment it was introduced

it was blatant

• Options
    I'm gonna make a guess here as I storm the stupid rich people town. Spoiler tagging it just in case.
    Vauthry ate the Light Warden, didn't he?

• Options
    also, I really did love near 5.0 end spoilers
    alphi going

'yeah look you guys were mind-controlled, but all the horrible shit you did before is on you and you get to fucking live with it
    be better'

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm gonna make a guess here as I storm the stupid rich people town. Spoiler tagging it just in case.

: )

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

oh boy the answer is gonna make you mad for different reasons

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    insufficient ambiguity towards new player, punishable by death

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I played around on blm for the first time since ARR and this job has to be exhausting to play at higher levels. one mistake and enochoin is gone and there goes all your dps

• Options
    Wow, Alphinaud is not mincing any words with these people. I didn't know he had it in him.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I played around on blm for the first time since ARR and this job has to be exhausting to play at higher levels. one mistake and enochoin is gone and there goes all your dps

yes it is, although once you practice it enough and it starts to flow through muscle memory more it's pretty satisfying. Absolutely the hardest DPS to play in hard content though IMO, what with all the dodging mechanics you have to do while trying to stand still to cast and not drop your shit.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    On the other hand, if Enochian is off cooldown, it’s sometimes quite fast to get your stuff back up.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wow, Alphinaud is not mincing any words with these people. I didn't know he had it in him.

He's had plenty of time to think about what he wants to say to them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    it's wild how much different blm is in pvp. it's actually really fun how they worked out the skills, especially in comparison to how weak rdm is in frontlines

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

It rules

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    5.5 trailer memes
    oh5pz0htzsq61.png

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I was at the level 78 or 79 MSQ when I hit 80 on SAM. I already had WHM, DRK and RDM at 80 and decided I didn't want to bring another Job from 60 up to 78.

One benefit to finishing 5.0 sooner rather then later is that I can now fly everywhere and if I level a Job to 80 I have access to a guy that will give me new Job specific Weapon and Armor that are an upgrade over other things I have at this point.

I should probably use some Tomestones I got from doing Roulette things with lvl 80 Jobs so I can continue with the post 5.0 MSQ stuff but I kind of needed a break from the MSQ after pushing through ShB without doing other stuff.

• Options
    yoooo being able to run dungeons with your squad is super cool. it's also quick leveling

• Options
    Currently sitting in the second trial (and it's required) duty finder for Shadowbringers. That was some Nier: Automata inspired stuff going on in that last dungeon. And before anyone says it yes I know the bonus raid content of the expansion is Nier themed.

• Options
    I just got the long cutscene warning but I thought I'd post, during that fight just now someone said, "OH NO HE'S HOT" and it got us all cracking the fuck up.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    5.5 trailer memes
    oh5pz0htzsq61.png
    Oh god, and they just added a rhythm game mechanic in 5.4

• Options
    I didn't make it past 5.0 this morning afterall, as some things came up very unexpectedly IRL.
    I'm in an underwater area though so y'know. COOL. I GUESS. It wasn't what I was expecting for a final zone and it kinda puts a damper on what it could add up to imo. I found the warp crystal and called it a night (day?) there for now.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Re:Tempest zone no spoilers really
    Hitting the underwater zone was sort of like the game saying well hang on there now, don't be in such a rush. How about one more normal quest zone before you go and burn through all the story.
    It was a bit of a come down after the Eulmore high. But I think it's a good cooling off period before the game turns the heat back on.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The Tempest fucking rules and is definitely the coolest looking zone in the game in my opinion. I'm really glad that it wasn't spoiled during any of the lead-up stuff

This discussion has been closed.