As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I have not had a single problem in DF so far

well then look no further than me playing blm! I can't even figure out what to do with flare!

At 80: AOE rotation is Freeze->T4->F3->Flare->Flare->repeat except use Foul before the T4.

Pre 80, you use it as your last AOE spell.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    My worst recent one was a Stone Vigil Hard run where we wiped twice on the cannons boss and things got a bit heated in the chat, multiple all caps statements, and then then it got vote abandoned.
    Also had a weird almost wipe in Void Ark where someone seemed to be proactively trying to mess with the last battle keeping the snakes together that should be apart, like chasing after the tank that had aggro on the other one. it ALMOST wiped the raid, but didn't. But it seemed like a weird trolly thing.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I have not had a single problem in DF so far

well then look no further than me playing blm! I can't even figure out what to do with flare!

What level are you, cause this answer will change like 3 times

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I'm 59, but this double flare thing never works for me and using it then having to stand around and wait for a mana tick feels like I'm doing something wrong. I get spoiled by blizzard costing 0 mana in pvp

Jars on
  • Options
    If you hit transpose immediately before the flare cast ends you'll get your first mp regen in like .7 seconds

• Options
    I've been leveling up dancer the past week or so. Seems pretty straightforward so far. Just a two attack combo with proc possibilities, if the proc works, do that. Has an aoe version of the same.
    The only thing it took me a little bit to realize is that the basic dance works as a strong attack as well and not just refreshing a buff. It seems worth just doing as it comes off cooldown for the damage, and has a pretty generous range on it.
    Also need to figure out if it's best to store up the feathers for bursts or just spend em as I get em. I suppose when I'm in content where I'm leveled enough for the crit chance boost power saving them for that makes sense.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I've been leveling up dancer the past week or so. Seems pretty straightforward so far. Just a two attack combo with proc possibilities, if the proc works, do that. Has an aoe version of the same.
    The only thing it took me a little bit to realize is that the basic dance works as a strong attack as well and not just refreshing a buff. It seems worth just doing as it comes off cooldown for the damage, and has a pretty generous range on it.
    Also need to figure out if it's best to store up the feathers for bursts or just spend em as I get em. I suppose when I'm in content where I'm leveled enough for the crit chance boost power saving them for that makes sense.

In group content, I believe the idea would basically be "save them to dump when NIN uses Trick Attack" same as every other dps burst.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I refused to do non-80 dungeons on my BLM because of how different the aoe rotation gets.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

In group content, I believe the idea would basically be "save them to dump when NIN uses Trick Attack" same as every other dps burst.

Save 3, cast the fourth so you dont overcap. Then dump them and all your other cooldowns during Technical Step. (who needs Trick Attack, you bring your own buffs)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Is there a source of enemy HP values?

Debate in yesterday's Praetorium whether the concrete door had more HP than Lahabrea, and now I'm actually curious.

act overlay can show actual hp values

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Should pick up technical step in a few days. I think I'm 67 or 68 at the moment.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Honestly I barely ever meat dickheads in DF.

Main thing I run into is a DPS pretty obviously phoning it in once in a while.

I think the last bad bad person I ran into was a month and change ago when WHM decided rescue trolling tankbusters into the group is an ok thing to do in a duty finder run. Complete with "wrong button oops lol" in chat.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    apologies if it feels like we're all saying "no you're wrong" henroid, we're just encouraging you to not let a couple bad eggs make you lose hope in the duty finder

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm 59, but this double flare thing never works for me and using it then having to stand around and wait for a mana tick feels like I'm doing something wrong. I get spoiled by blizzard costing 0 mana in pvp

Ah at 59 you can't do that, since you don't have the passive that makes this work.

At that level you just Fire 2 spam until you are low enough to just freeze->thunder 2. When convert or whatever the mp regen ability is up, that's when you'll swift->flare and hit that.

• Options
    I checked my traits and it looks like aspect mastery is the last thing I need to really make everything work, then with umbral heart I won't need this transpose shit anymore

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    everyone but me IS wrong tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I checked my traits and it looks like aspect mastery is the last thing I need to really make everything work, then with umbral heart I won't need this transpose shit anymore

You should never be transposing. If you're doing it regularly, you need to hit bliz3 earlier.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

You should never be transposing. If you're doing it regularly, you need to hit bliz3 earlier.

There's a period you use it to maintain enochian between pulls though.

• Options
    Transposing is like, Fine below 60, especially out of combat

• Options
    you have to spam transpose constantly in potd because there's no guarantee your casts will even finish

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Also, pretty sure you still transpose in the AOE rotation before like, level 72?

God, it's been such a long time since I've BLM'd in pre SHB content that I think I've actually blocked it from my mind.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    yeah you need transpose until you get the trait around 70 or 72 that makes it so you can cast the first opposite element spell from your current stacks for free, then you can go straight from flare into freeze.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the blm glamour game is pretty easy. does it have a hat? Y --> can you dye it? Y --> you look fly

• Options
    Who the fuck wears hats

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I would regularly switch my BLM glams but always kept the 50 pvp hat. WOLFMAGE

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    in the viera absence of hats I make do, this would definitely be improved by the option of pointy witch hats though
    7pmsdf8o0bc1.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm actually wearing the spriggan cap right now(with the traveler's jacket dyed midnight blue, A+ chest) , but the non la works very well on blm.

• Options
    Speaking of glamour, we're due for another Tataru gift soon aren't we?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Transpose is still useful even with Aspect Mastery. If you have no targets to hit, and you are in Fire stance, you still need to Transpose to get to Ice stance; you need to be in Ice to use Umbral Soul.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

There's a period you use it to maintain enochian between pulls though.

I mean during the rotation.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Who the fuck wears hats

cool people hth

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Who the fuck wears hats

cool people hth

cool people have pompadours

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I spent a million gil on a hairstyle I'm going to use it god damn it

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I used to wear a hat, but then it started bothering me in cutscenes. These days I just have a pair of glasses.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Who the fuck wears hats

cool people hth

I have a pompadour and wear hats on BLM.

• Options
    also that early to rise ponytail is pretty good but 13 million gil for it?!

• Options
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna put a pointy hat on my casual glams and no one can stop me

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    Who the fuck wears hats

cool people hth

I have a pompadour and wear hats on BLM.

you can't wear a hat with a pompadour, now you've messed up your hair!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I generally don't go with hats (except for one character, who always wears a hat). Glasses are more my style.
    c5Et0We.jpg

This discussion has been closed.